Hikaru No Go Fan Fiction ❯ The Extent of Denial ❯ Disclaimer ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Naturally I did not create these wonderful characters. Hikaru no Go and all characters belong to Yumi Hota and Takeshi Obata. I only wish that I had created them. ;) I am not the least bit educated in Go, so please forgive me for not writing games in detail and for avoiding Go altogether in many cases! Thanks for reading! This disclaimer applies to all chapters - yes, the entire story.
Characters may be slightly OOC, but I've tried to remain as true to their personalities as possible. Based off of the anime version of Hikaru no Go, for the most part, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will faithfully follow every aspect. After all, I don't want to attempt to write the show itself - that's already been done, and amazingly well! I have not had the opportunity to read the entirety of the manga, so while this fic takes place after the TV show ends, it proceeds as if the manga universe did not exist. Please forgive me for any inaccuracies.
 

 
Whoa, seems like this needs some additions! Okay, then, here we go. I do not claim that this fic is accurate about Go, life in Japan, customs in Japan or even reality in any way, shape or form! (Aside from some of that relationship torment, that is.) I'm writing it for fun, and I would hope people would be reading it for fun.
I have done my best not to mangle the Hikaru no Go universe. Please just enjoy the fic for what it is - I can't capture everything in it!