Horror Fan Fiction ❯ Paranoia of the Lovely ❯ A Paranoialist ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello, and welcome to my dearest Edward's little puddle of Paranoia. I hope that you enjoy it yada, yada. Please feel free to review if you must, and constructive criticism will only make me better. I do have more written to this, but I don't think that it will be necessary to post, if no one if reading or leaving reviews *wink, wink yo* .

Much love- Aoi_Ushi
 
Paranoia-
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
It frightens me how my walls seem to illustrate themselves at night. Perhaps it is not my walls; perhaps it is the shadows cast upon my walls from various obscenities that dart, and flicker quickly across my room, or sway like bodies in the gallous. Yes, perhaps it is the shadows that illustrate, and not my stationary walls.
 
Who cares? I can't tell the difference anyway. The only thing that I can differentiate currently is what frightens me…. And that's everything. I am afraid of birds; when I see children, I have the possibility of hurling myself into a panic attack; rain seems to be an undying source of stress for me, almost as much as the sun. Blood gushing out of the open chest cavity of my latest…. `friend', makes the hair on my neck stand, and sends a series of frostbitten chills down my spine.
 
However, mirrors seem to be one of the most unfathomable, traumatizing, inventions I have yet encountered. At first glance, they only reflect the outer most portions of my face. If I sit and stare long enough, that reflection starts to antagonize me, abuse me, bastardize me…. It begins to reflect more than just my face. It begins to reflect things that I would rather not think about…. Huh…. Now, I sound like a em-
 
“Edward??.... Edward? Are you here?”
There was a long pause before my brain decided to react. “Uhm... I'm in here” ugh... “I'M UPSTAIRS….” I hate it... Every time I try to speak, it feels as if there's some sort of object plaguing my throat.
 
“How long have you trapped yourself in here?”
 
I watched as my long time friend patted the end of my bed, and was greeted with something similar to dust. Her face distorted, and she let out a bellowing sneeze. My arm struck out on its own, almost like liquid, to hand her a tissue. She attempted to smile at me before her face became distorted again, and she quickly grabbed the tissue and blew away.
 
“Ahem.. Anyways! Ed you should come out with me tonight!!” I must've frowned somewhat, because her shoulder's slumped, and she let out an over-dramatized sigh, “Ed!”
 
She whined…. Always whining.. “Why? What's so important about tonight that you have to take me away from my solitude? Is there something different happening??” I replied more lethargic than I should have been.
 
“There's always something different Ed!!... You would know that if you got out more.”
 
Different? There's never anything different…. It's always the same old moons, always the same stars, always the same poverty stricken faces asking.. Begging for some pocket change… same side walks, same buildings…. the same dark alleys, same……… children…. I felt a shiver trail its icy nails down my back.
“ED! Are you even listening?” I smiled, “Uh-huh..” She punched my shoulder, and turned her back to me, “Anyways… I was saying that a festival is happening tonight… you know? The Harvest Festival?” She said turning back to me with her arms out, wavering them around like some crazed ape… no… not an ape.. That's cruel to call her an ape…..
 
Perhaps a little spider monkey..
 
“I don't see what's so wonderful in celebrating a bunch of dead leaves…. Festivals are just another excuse for the government to make sure that the society is secure... that, and socializing. ”
 
I actually don't mind socializing. I just really do not want to find another excuse for me to discover things that might scare me..
 
“So what if they are Edward??.. What's wrong with having the occasional conversation?..” I felt a strange feeling creep into my system, “Alice, I converse with you, don't I?... And I converse with the old woman, next-door.”
 
Alice rolled her wide violet eyes, and leaned her little butt against the edge of my desk, “okay Ed, number 1. I, the Great Alice; is not capable of being your only friend, and source of venting ALL OF THE TIME… I'm not saying that I won't do it. But that it would be easier if there was another person there for you…. And number 2. The old woman next-door, probably thinks that you're an angel coming to talk to her from God, I mean, remember the last time I walked over to your house (in my long blue coat) and she ran outside and fell to her knees, screaming that I was Mary?... I mean, I'm Divine, but not that divine.”
 
I laughed, which caused Alice to smile a great deal. “So what do ya say? … If you want, you can call it a date??”
 
I laughed even harder, “How could anyone else love you, when there isn't any room left to love (seeing as you love your divinity so much)?”
 
She blinked for quite sometime, and then like a burst of light, she was reanimated, “HEY!! Atleast I said I'd let you call it a date! Then you wouldn't look like such a loser, with the WONDERFUL me strapped to your arm!!” Alice said in a prideful, yet teasing posture.
 
Quick pro Quoi Alice, Quick pro Quoi …. Alice glanced at me, and I swore, for a moment I saw a trace of sadness in her soft features.
I'll humor her.. I'll go to her stupid festival. I'll just stare at the ground or the moons or something..“After some consideration… I have decided to accompany you on your…. `Charade'. Alice lit up, and yanked me from my wooden chair all but gently.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
You like you don't like? Review please!! This is my first ever posted ficy…….thing… ^_^