House Fan Fiction ❯ Invisible Walls ❯ Four Left Corners Don't Make a Right ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Come on! We all know who owns House, M.D.! ^_^ But the dirty thoughts are all mind!

Rating: PG13

Warning: Essentially, there is none. Except to say this fic will be a femslash. Don't like? Bug off. Look for more warnings as the fic goes on.

***

Invisible Walls

Chapter 2: Four Left Corners Don't Make A Right


Contrary to popular belief, women thought of sex as often as men do, the difference is that they can hide it better. As for Thirteen, she was constantly battling the urge to throw herself at Cuddy whenever she saw her. Not only that but she was slipping into the bathroom to 'quench' her desire on a regular basis and it was starting to drive her insane. Quickly, she was having to decide whether or not she should say something, even if she does get rejected or fired. As for work, cases weren't constantly falling into their laps so the team found themselves regularly 'on break'. Too much free time led to too much time to think and fantasize about Cuddy. It was getting heavy for Thirteen's conscious.

"Hey, Cuddy said she wanted to see you." Taub said, popping into the team room.

"Huh? About what?" Thirteen asked, rising from her chair.

"I don't know." He shrugged and left.

Yes, she was now officially freaking out, at least inwardly. Thirteen spent a moment trying to calm herself, then another minute going through her memory for any possible errors she might have done in the past several days. Aside from slamming her hand in the shower and spilling a cup of water when a patient pushed past her in the halls, she couldn't think of anything. Of course, she wasn't perfect. Perhaps she filed some papers wrong? Or perhaps Cuddy simply wanted to ask her a question. Whatever Cuddy wanted her for probably wasn't serious since she sent the message through Taub. Walking to Cuddy's office now, her thoughts went into overdrive as they switched back to her fantasizies. By the time she got to Cuddy's office, she realized she was sweating and quickly passed a hasty sleeve across her forehead, opening the door.

"Good, you came." Cuddy said, smiling and motioning for Thirteen to sit. "I wanted to check on you."

"Check on me?" Thirteen repeated, unsure of what she meant.

"Yes. Is everything going fine with your position? We all know how much of a pain in the ass House can be." She frowned.

"Yeah. No, I'm fine. I really glad to be working for him."

"Are you really?"

"Yes. Everyone's got there quirks, House is no different."

Nodding in agreement, Cuddy frowned again, lost in thought for a second, then she blinked and smiled at Thirteen. "I'm sorry. I thought he might be up to something. He's been sneaking around and Taub saw him... Anyway, I sorry to have wasted your time."

"No! No, you didn't waste my time. I wasn't really doing anything anyway."

"What about your clinic duties?" Cuddy cocked her eyebrow in suspicion.

"I finished them an hour ago."

"Well then, perhaps you wouldn't mind helping me with something?"

Thirteen smiled and nodded. Expecting, Cuddy to pull out a bundle of papers and files, she was surprised when Cuddy stood and rounded the table, stopping in front of her. Bending over, Thirteen suddenly realized how low Cuddy's neckline was as her breasts all but spilled out. Her breath caught as Cuddy's hand reached out to her and gently, almost hesistantly, brushed against her right jaw and cheek. Clenching her jaw, Thirteen leaned into the touch wanting so much more but keeping herself in control, though just barely. At first, she dared not look Cuddy in the face afraid that somehow the spell would be broken, but she also realized that by not looking, she might scare Cuddy away. Meeting, her eyes, she noted the reflected desire, hunger, even fear. Yes, there was a chance for them but just as they began to warm up to the truth, a knock came at the door. It was House.

He entered without being invited, but he was looking over his shoulder giving the pair enough time to straighten up. Turning, he gave Cuddy a huge mischievious smile, he pretended not to see Thirteen. Strolling in and quickly closing the door, he began to talk rapidly.

"If Foreman asks where I've been, tell him you were lecturing me about... I don't know, something you would lecture me about." He said.

"Like how much of an inconsiderate ass, you are?" Cuddy suggested.

"Perfect! Oh, and if he comes by looking for his clothes, tell him you haven't seen them."

"I haven't seen them."

"Duh! That's why you're going to tell him you haven't seen them!" House replied, smacking his forehead.

"Oh, and Thirteen, I need you to help me in the clinic."

"You mean, you need me to do you rounds?" Thirteen asked almost in disgust.

"Yeah, and make sure not to let Cuddy know." He said in a low voice.

"I'm standing right here, House." Cuddy said in irriation, crossing her arms.

Feigning surprise, House gasped. "I was just looking for you!" He exited before either women could say a word. Sighing, Thirteen stood from her chair, coming face to face with Cuddy. They didn't say anything, the moment had been spoiled, but the tension was there. That seemed hopeful to Thirteen as she mumbled an apology and left to deal with House's clinic duties. She cursed House's name the whole way there, furious at him. A million vengeful things came to mind but in the end she just sighed, depressed. No use in killing someone for cock-blocking, well, cunt-blocking is more like it.

Later, after clinic duties, she mauled over what had happened in Cuddy's office and wondered if there really would be a second chance. It began to seem unlikely the more she thought about it. Cuddy was a business woman first and foremost. Having been almost caught by House probably unnerved her, probably making her decide the best thing to do was drop it and move on as opposed to risking her professionalism. Yep, Thirteen decided, that was probably what was going to happen if it hadn't already. At home, she poured herself a cup of vodka, wanting some way to burn her day away. In the end, she drank half the bottle and passed out on her sofa.

*To be continued*