InuYasha Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction / Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles from a Crossover Fangirl ❯ Kagome/Yusuke ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Drabbles from a Crossover Fangirl
Author: inuyashagirl5
Rating: M
Genre:
Romance
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha or Yu Yu Hakusho. InuYasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Yu Yu Hakusho is owned by Yoshihiro Togashi. I just use their characters for my own amusement and for the amusement of my readers.
A/N: So, I was looking at the stats for my stories when I realized, HOLY CRAP! This story had exactly 25000 hits! I knew I needed to write something to celebrate the event and what better way than writing another for the pairing that started this set!  I couldn't have reached this amazing moment without you guys! Thank you for reading!
=====================================
#14: When Opportunity Knocks, Open the Door
Pairing: Kagome/Yusuke
Word Count: 473
=====================================

"Are you stalking me?" Kagome asked as Yusuke took the empty seat next to her on the bus. It had been that way for a week straight and the two had hit it off right away.

"Yes. Didn't you know? I like stalking sexy, blue-eyed priestesses!" He offered his usual smirk and placed his hand over hers on her knee. This gesture only started the day before and Kagome hadn't made the move to stop him.

"Heading home?" Kagome wouldn't speak of Keiko and Yusuke wouldn't mention her unless he had to. It always made the moment stale when they mentioned their fiancée, so, they avoided the topic as best they could.

"No, actually." Yusuke's reply was unusual. He was always going home at this time. Home to be with Keiko. "Keiko told me that I had to either quit my job or moves out."

"You didn't quit, did you?" She was hopeful. She knew what him quitting meant. She'd be riding the bus every day alone. She wasn't fond of that idea.

"Hello no!" He laughed and she smiled. She really loved his laugh. "But, I'll have to walk about a mile from my usual stop to get to my mother's place."

"What does Keiko have to say about this?" Saying the girl's name left a bad taste in her mouth.

"All she said was good riddance. I told you, Kagome. She was already looking for an excuse to get rid of me." Yusuke scowled angrily and Kagome knew just how to cheer him up.

"So then, my big, bad, recently dumped demon, would you like to come over for dinner? I'm going to make oden!" She watched as his eyes grew slightly wide and the hand holding hers tightened.

"What about Hojo?" He questioned and she offered a shrug and a smirk.

"Oh, he moved out last night. He was gone by the time I got home actually." Kagome didn't mind that he was gone and that he left in such a cowardly fashion. "You said you'd like to try my cooking someday. Why not tonight?"

"Hojo left you. He left you?" Yusuke shook his head, his face etched with disbelief. "Hell, I doubt I'm any better for you, but I'd be stupid to pass up an opportunity!"

"Good, I'm glad." Kagome released his hand and stood up. The bus had reached her stop. "Well, come on, Yusuke."

"Coming!" He stood quickly, his eyes meeting with hers and he could only swallow hard at the heated look she gave him.

"Not yet, you're not." She smirked as his jaw dropped. "Just like you, I'm not about the pass up an opportunity."

She exited the bus, Yusuke fast on her heels and Kagome was pleased he was so willing to follow.

Fate had given them ample opportunities to get to know each other. This time it happened to knock on a door that was willing to open.
===========================