InuYasha Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction / Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles from a Crossover Fangirl ❯ Kagome/Miroku ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Drabbles From A Crossover Fangirl
Author: inuyashagirl5
Rating: T (mostly for InuYasha's mouth...)
Genre: General
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha. InuYasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi. I only borrow her characters for my own amusement and for the amusement of my readers.
A/N: I actually wrote this one awhile ago, but I must've forgotten about it. Oh yeah, and this one is obviously not a crossover, but I did say that not all of them would be.
========================================
#15: Rainbows
Pairing: Kagome/Miroku (sorta...)
Word Count: 309
========================================


"Let's go! We don't have all day!" InuYasha groused, making Kagome pout at his retreating back. All she wanted was a few minutes before the colors faded away. But it seemed some of her companions were ready to just trek on, ignoring something as simple and beautiful as a pair of rainbows streaked across the sky.

"We can still make up the time we lost from the rain." Sango spoke to the half-demon and Kagome let her head drop. It was useless. No one was going to listen to her this time.

"It's rare to see a set like that, isn't it, Kagome-sama?" Miroku's soft voice made her lift her head, and her gaze shifted to him. His amethyst eyes were on the rainbows above. "The top one is especially vivid and bright."

"Miroku-sama..."

"Come on already! It's just a stupid fucking rainbow!" InuYasha yelled out.

"He never has any appreciation for true beauty." Miroku's eyes slowly slid from the sky to Kagome's face. "It's a shame really. He cannot seem to see something so pretty right in front of his own face."

He frowned a little, then brought his eyes back to the sky. The bottom rainbow was gone now, and the top one was fading fast. He ignored Kagome's stare and turned to walk away. He didn't want to listen to his companions complaints for slowing them down.

Kagome watched as he walked away from her, confusion clearly written across her face. She didn't know why, but it almost seemed that Miroku was complimenting her for her looks, than for the beauty of the rainbows that had been before them. She gave a short chuckle and brushed it off because she was certain he wasn't saying something so nice about her. Slowly she wandered after the rest of them, not wanting to be left behind.

She never saw the short side glance from the monk.