InuYasha Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Questionable Ties ❯ Assumption ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Read. Review, and of course, ENJOY!! XD
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Category- NCIS/Inuyasha
Pairing- Gibbs/Kagome
Summary- He usually went for the red heads, mainly because they were spirited spitfires. But since that never worked out, he didn't mind switching to black-haired beauties with a temper to match. Too bad she was the prime suspect in a marine murder, and he had to haul her in for interrogation instead of the intended date... she had so much potential too...
Ages- Ok, let's just say Kagome is maybe five years younger than however old Gibbs is for the fic's sake lol.
Timeline- This takes place in Season 7, after the whole ordeal with Tony shooting Rivkin and Ziva is officially an Agent and not a liaison officer.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Disclaimer- As much as I wish I did, I DO NOT own Inuyasha or NCIS, just the plot of this story and any OC's that happen to pop up! XD
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Questionable Ties—
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Previously;
 
“Kagome?” he muttered in equal shock.
 
His team turned confused, interested eyes on him, their holds on their weapons relaxing.
 
His senior agent furrowed his eyes at him. “You know her boss…?”
 
Two pairs of blue eyes locked and Gibbs murmured gruffly. “Yea DiNozzo… yea, I do…”
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Assumption--
 
--Meanwhile--
 
Five demons now stood together in a group in the darkened room. Two of them stood facing the other three; one of those two demons was quivering as if he stood in fifty degree below weather.
 
You were supposed tokill them! All of them! You should have killed that woman while you're at it!!” a female demon with gold-black eyes screamed at them furiously.
 
She relaxed suddenly, her eyes turning to slits. Her demeanor took a complete 180. She spoke with deadly calm. “And yet, you killed just one of them. You imbecile.”
 
Her fist clenched harshly and her claws pierced her palms, drawing blood. The ruby red liquid dribbled along her hand, dripping to the floor and causing a `plipplop' sound.
 
Fear swirled in the depths of red eyes. One of the demons whimpered pathetically. “We're sorry!! She was a miko!! We didn't know they still exist!!” His voice quivered down to a rough whisper. And so strong too!!” His tone was awed, and yet it was petrified at the same time.
 
The one demon that had purple orbs hardened considerably, a scowl marked his face. He elbowed the other demon harshly. “Shut up you little coward.” He hissed roughly before turning fierce purple eyes to the three in front of him. “You all knew, didn't you!?” he accused darkly, eyes glinting.
 
The man with neon green eyes smirked wickedly “And if we did?” he said flippantly, mockingly almost.
 
The other demon snarled. “You sent us on a suicide mission!” he berated furiously. It's one thing to send us off against three humans, but it's a whole different one when they're friends with a miko, who can actually use her powers!” he lashed harshly. “You keeping this little bit of info cost Kari her life!”
 
The woman let out a noncommittal `hmm' and gazed at her claws indifferently. “Well too bad so sadI never liked the little bitch anyways…” a sickeningly sweet upturn of the lips was directed his way. “Look at it as your punishment for not doing your job sufficiently…”
 
Her response was the baring of fangs in a silent snarl.
 
The man who had yet to speak, the leader, the demon with blue eyes smirked viciously. No…” he murmured deeply. “This was no suicide mission…” He let out a dark chuckled. “I had my doubts that they would be able stand up against her…she is too powerful... this…”
 
He paused, his heinous smirk broadening. “This was merely a test...
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Parking Lot--
Gibbs stared at Kagome silently, his face blank as he went through the process of digesting what the hell was happening right in front of him.
Flashback-
--Six days earlier--
--Friday; 0900h
Gibbs wasalwaysa simple manof little words… it took little to anger him, much to please him, and even more to impress.
And right now… he was impressed.
Sitting in a little barand drinkingsome bourbon, he watched with very interested eyes at a woman, a foot shortfrom his five-nine, stand up to a man almost twice her size, in both heightand definitely width.
At first, he thought he was gonna have to get up and deal with the dirt bagharassing the seemingly `innocent' woman.
But now… he figuredhe'd enjoy the show for a bit…
--
--Earlier--
Kagome grumbled as she made her way to her usual bar, one she came upon on one of her visits to D.C. in the past
An oldfriendof herswas the bartender there, and she liked to hang out thereon the weekends whenever she was in the U.S.
But she didn't expect to get hit on by some annoyingly persistentdrunkard…
--
Kagome sighed out in frustrationfor the umpteenth time that night, pinching the bridge of her nose.
If this kept up, someone was going to get a black eye and a broken nose.
“C'mooon babyy… ya know yah want some o' disss…” his words were slurred and his breath was coated with the stench of beer.
Her eyes flickered to the older male that towered over her, taking in the slight sway as he attempted to stand upright. She frownedand couldn't help the feeling of disgust that overwhelmed her. She sighed lightly.
“No, actually I don't… if you don't mind Sir, please just leave me alone. I have no desire to leave with a drunk man who can barely stand, let alone walk out on his own two feet…” she murmured the last part under her breath.
To the side, herbartending friend cast a concerned look to Kagome, but she waved it off.
The drunk guy only blinked at her, before shaking his head slowly. “I got no idea what ya just said, so c'mon sexy, let's git outta `ere n' `ave some fun…” the man nudged at her, trying to get her to stand.
Kagome's jaw clenched and her hand shot out to grip the offending appendage prodding at her. “Don't. Touch. Me.” She gritted outdarkly, getting tired of dealing with this.She squeezed the wrist in her grasp tightlybefore letting go abruptly.
A surprised grunt slipped from the man's mouth and he stumbled back. Slowly, he realized what had happened and anger flooded his eyes. “You little bitch!!” he wheezed out loudly as he glared at Kagome with bloodshot eyes.
The insult echoed against the walls of the now silent bar. Everyone now stopped to watch in a stunned stupor at the huge man and petite woman.
From the corner of Kagome's eyes, she saw a man narrowhis icy blue eyes at them as he slowly placed his drink down.
Kagome scowled, turning on the man and snapping. “Piss off! My name is not `Bitch' you dumbass!” she snarled out hotly.
The drunkard growled deeply in anger at her. “Why I oughta-!”
Kagome gave him a mocking smirk. “What? Hit me? Ohh I'm so scared of the big bad man…” she trailed off and the smirk faded into a glare. “I dare you.” She said in a deadly tone.
She was sick of this guy;she was not going to endure this…
The man that Kagome saw from before began to stand up silently, threateningly almost.
But she was currently paying attention to the jerk in front of her, who was now raising his hand to strike.
The man only went as far as two steps before all hell broke loose.
Thehandhadbegun its descent, but it never reached its intended target.
Instead, a petite hand wrapped its way around the forearm connected to the offending appendage about to strike her. She turned her back to the man and positioned herself. Tensing her body she yankedand deftly flipped the man over hershoulder, tossing him to the ground harshly.
The man landed with a loud `clunk'.
--Present--
Gibbs had an amused smile gracing his normally expressionless face.He sat back in his chair, relaxing.Now thiswas entertainment…
DiNozzo's little fantasies had nothing on this…
What's not to find attractive about a beautiful woman who can kick your ass without breaking a sweat?
Sexy and dangerous; one hell of a combination if he'd say so himself.
--
Kagome was quick to move.
After heaving in and out a breath, she stepped forward to kickthe now groaning man over so that he was on his stomach. Pulling on his arm, she twisted it against the man's back and dropped to his back to pin him down, shoving his face to the floor with her free hand and diggingher knee into his lower backlike a pro.
The man struggled against Kagome's hold, wiggling and whimpering all the same.
Scowling, Kagome dug her knee into his back even harder, and pushed his face into the hardwood floor. “If you don't want to have permanentdamage, then I suggest you stop your damn struggling…” she gritted out.
The man ignored her. “As if a weakling like you could do any damage to me!” to prove himself, he flipped over, sending Kagome rolling off. The man chuckled darkly.
Meanwhile, thebystanders watched with horror as the man charged at Kagome, but unsure on whether they should interfere. The bartender began runningto the phone, ready to call 911 for some help.
He was stopped when a man with a military hair cut, one of his regulars,waved him down, showing him his badge.
Hesitantly, the bartendernodded slowly, stepping back from the phone.
Gibbs had a feeling the woman could take care of herself.
Kagome flipped to her feet, slipping into a fight stance. She paused for a moment and looked around. “You know what, if you really want to prove your `manhood',” she began mockingly, “Then let's take this outside.”
When the man was close enough, he swung wildly at her. Kagome easily dodged, and shoved a palm up at his nose.
The man stumbled back, holding his nose and cursing. As he was busy doing that, Kagome grabbed him and shoved his towards the exit, and slamming him against the door, opening it and kicking him outside at the same time.
Gibbs watched this with anamused light in his eyes. Shaking his head, he paidfor his drinkand Kagome's too. “For mine and the misses…” he murmured to the bartender as he strode outside to keep an eye on the ongoing activities.
--
Gibbs watched with keen interest as the little hell-cat known as Kagome basically kickedthe other man's ass.
It didn't take very long either, five minutes tops if his estimate was correct.
With a smirk and crossed arms, he strode over to the huffing Japanese woman, glaring hotly at the man beaten to a pulp after a few punches here and there and a good, swift kick in between the knees.
He let out a deep chuckle, signifying his presence.
Kagome seemed unfazedas she twirledaround to facehim, as if she knew he was there…Raising a curious eyebrow,she spoke.“Mind sharing on what's so funny?”
Gibbs' smirk broadened a bit. “Just appreciating a job's well done is all, ma'm.he murmured smoothly.
Kagome smiled back. “Are you now?” she murmured slyly. She looked him over, a light of recognition shining in her eyes. “You were in the bar…” she stated more than asked.
Gibbs nodded. “Guess you could say I was curious to know if things turned out the way I thought they would…”he murmured as wellwith an amused lilt.
Kagome cocked her head, appraisinghim silently. Finally, “Did they?” she asked, intrigued by the man in front of her.
Gibbs nodded once, now smiling in a slightly charming way, an uncommon occurrence to most.His eyes flashed in amusement. “Oh, they did
Kagome laughed lightly. “Good to know I meet yourexpectations… I'm Kagome Higurashiby the way…” she trailed off, looking at him pointedly as she held out a hand.
Chuckling, Gibbsshook her hand. “Leroy Jethro Gibbs at your service…”he returned smoothly, gracing her with a rare smile.
She returned it with anamused one of her own.
-End Flashback
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Kagome watched Gibbs carefully, a brief look of panic crossed her features- she wasn't expecting to see him here... “I can explain-“
Putting on an unfazed façade, Gibbs rudely cut her off. “Yeah, when we get to headquarters you can explain all you want.” He told her bluntly, leaving no room for argument.
Kagome opened her mouth quickly to protest; her eyes flashed at being interrupted. “But-“
Gibbs didn't give her a chance to speak. “David, read her, her rights.” He said in a monotone voice. His azure gaze was disgruntled.
Kagome's own sapphire eyes widened in shock and slight hurt. “Wha-what?!” Her arms lowered. “You can't arrest me!” she exclaimed, incredulous.
Just what the hell did he think he was doing…?!
Gibbs stared at her coolly showing no emotion, locking it away with a blank face. “Look at yourself Kagome. You're covered in blood, with three dead marines on the ground. Watch me.” He stated slowly, before looking away with a faint trace of disappointment.
Kagome narrowed her eyes in fury. No, you can't.” She repeated persistently, reaching to the waist of her pants.
“Do not move or I will shoot!” Ziva threatened without a hint of hesitation, her grip on her Sig-sauer tightening.
Kagome paused slightly and she weighted her options. If only she could grab her…a sound interrupted her thoughts and raised her hands once more up in the air to surrender.
She'll show them later, but right now they had more important matters to attend to. “For your information…only one of them is dead, Jethro.” She told him, her voice now cynical. Her body was listless; she had no choice but to comply with their orders for now, there was no use in arguing at this point.
And besides, she may have healed her friends somewhat but there was still a chance they might die if they keep on laying there, bleeding out.
They all froze at her statement.
Kagome glared at them cuttingly. “At least not yet anyhow if we continue to stand here and dawdle instead of getting the medical attention they need.” She remarked drolly.
Moving forward towards the one Gibbs called David, Kagome kept her hands on the back of her head and her face stoic. “Go ahead and arrest me if you have to, so long as it gets them helped faster…” she jabbed at them.
The other two men, DiNozzo and McGee, quickly went forward to check on the victims. McGee had his phone out and was already talking to a 911 operator for an ambulance.
Kagome stared at Gibbs as Ziva put handcuffs on her wrists. No words we shared as they just gazed at one another.
But as Ziva directed her to the van, Kagome stopped walking after they passed Gibbs. She turned to send him an amused look. “Guess this means our date is cancelled, huh?” she asked wryly.
McGee and Tony froze at the statement, gaping after their Boss and the unknown woman.
 
She didn't give him a chance to speak as she continued her trek to the van, a bewildered Ziva trailing after her.
--Interrogation--
Kagome looked at the reflection in the glass in front of her as she waited. She studied herself, taking in her aged looks and haggard expression.
Gibbs stared across the table at Kagome. He studied her, his face twisted up in thought.
Kagome peered back from the corner of her eyes. “You want to know something…?” she muttered under her breath.
Gibbs raised an eyebrow, indicating for her to continue.
Kagome closed her eyes in amusement. “This is so not what I expected when I moved here… ah, I guess my friends were right…trouble seems to be a stalker of mine…” her voice was awry.
Gibbs didn't say anything, choosing to listen intently to her instead.
Kagome peered at him. “You're serious about this…I'm really a suspect even though…” she trailed off, studying him.
Gibbs gazed at her indifferently. “Never trust a beautiful woman…” he informed her shortly.
Kagome actually laughed. “You know I have to agree with you there…but I must say it works both ways…” she said, thinking of some of the very handsome looking…people…she met on her adventures…
--
On the other side of the glass, Ziva observed the two with McGee and Tony beside her.
Tony whistled lowly. “Damn…I feel bad for Gibbs…”
McGee turned to Tony, confused. “Why?” his voice revealed just how puzzled he was.
Tony gave him a flat look. “How would you like finding out that your date is a number one suspect for murder and you have to interrogate her?” he asked him skeptically.
Ziva shook her head, not agreeing. “He could have had one of us interrogate her.” she stated, as if she was saying `Duh'.
Tony rolled his eyes. “Agent David, be serious please. She has to be some kind of woman for them to have a date together; ain't anyone interrogating her but the ole' sly dog himself…and she's a looker too…damn…” his tone was filled with disappointment as he shook his head sadly.
McGee snorted and Ziva rolled her eyes.
Their partner could be such an idiot…
--
“Do you really think I attacked those marines?” Kagome murmured, giving him a searching gaze. “Not as an investigator, but on a more personal level?” she clarified after a moment.
Gibbs watched her carefully. “You were at the scene of the crime, drenched in their blood `Sweetie', you ain't exactly the picture of innocence right now, and I know you're capable of doing some damage, last week at the bar proved that…” he told her dubiously.
Kagome cocked an eyebrow, ignoring his tone. “But that's what attracted you to me in the first place, isn't it… `honey'?” she teased back a bit.
Gibbs scowled lightly, but there was a hint of amusement in his light blue depths if you looked closely enough. It was pushed soon enough though. “This isn't the time for jokes Kags. You said you wanted to explain, well I ain't stopping you.”
Kagome rolled her eyes, snorting. “Not anymore you aren't…”
He gave her a scathing look before slamming the pen he possessed against the table. “Are you gonna talk or should I just officially book you?” he demanded, getting exasperated with her.
Kagome sat back in her chair, crossing her arms. “You can't do that…”
Gibbs raised a dry eyebrow at her. He'd humor her for now… “And why not?” he asked skeptically.
Kagome sat up, looking serious for once. “Because…”
She was interrupted at the door opening. A man entered the room, his presence exerting authority. He was dressed for success, a cool gaze settling down on the two in front of him.
Their heads shot to the intruder and Gibbs scowled with irritation. “This better be important Vance, `cause if you didn't notice I'm in the middle of an interrogation.” His voice was harsh.
It was a very known fact in NCIS that he was not to be interrupted during an ongoing interrogation…
Vance swirled the toothpick in his mouth before speaking. “It is.” He said curtly, leaving it at that.
Gibbs didn't seem to believe him…personally he believed the Director did it just to show who the boss is around here...
Vance turned to stare at Kagome, who sat in her chair unfazed by his appearance. “It's good to see you again, Higurashi, though I wasn't expecting you just yet…and certainly not under these circumstances.” He explained to her, a dry glint in his eyes,
Kagome on the other hand just shrugged, not very concerned. “Couldn't be helped I guess...”
Gibbs furrowed his eyebrows, not liking how this was turning out. “Someone mind explaining?” He said impatiently, shifting his glare from Kagome to Vince and back again.
Vance glanced over to the agent, before looking back at Kagome. “I see you two have gotten aquatinted. Gibbs, let me introduced you two.”
A smug smirk, one only there when he knew something that Gibbs didn't for once, spread out across his features. He liked having the upper hand… “Kagome, this is Special Agent Gibbs, one of the top performing agents here despite what others might believe…
Kagome nodded knowingly and slightly miffed. “Yes, well, I think we already have the names down. Today isn't the first time we met…” she muttered out, glaring at the table in front of her.
Vance only raised an eyebrow but continued otherwise. The smug smirk widened even more. “Gibbs. I'd like you to meet Kagome Higurashi, or better yet, NCIS Special Agent Higurashi.
Vince had to push down the chuckle that arose from the look of shock that passed Gibbs' face. She's on temporary transfer from the Far East Field Office in Yokosuka, Japan for a case assignment.” He didn't mind that there was a hint of amusement that crept into his voice when he finished though...
--
--Observation Room—
Tony, Ziva, and McGee stared through the glass in shock at the three adults in the other room.
Ziva spoke first. “Did he just say…” she trailed off, stunned.
McGee nodded, slightly in a daze. “Uh-huh…”
Tony couldn't help himself. “Well shit, isn't this a twist?”
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
3,416 words
Hey again everyone!! ^^
So how'd you like it? Poor Gibbs… lol poor Kagome…
Oh, and I wasn't the one who came up with the idea of Kagome being an agent… the awesome Bishonen'sFoxyMiko deserves the credit. She was the one whosuggested that Kagome came from the Far East Field Officein Yokusuka…
...I didn't even know the US hadnavy bases in Japan… ^_^'
Ohwell, guess you learn something new everyday huh? Lol, so give a big thanks to her for the awesome idea… luckily it fit in well into the original plot and adds extra drama and such XD
You've been such a helpful person with this fic lately!! Thanks ever so much!! ^^
Well, that's that I think… see you all net time! ;)
Till laters,
RainLily
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Reviews—
 
Thanks for the amazing reviews!! It brightens up my day every time I read em… ^^ Thank you guys so much! You don't know how much I really appreciate this!!
 
A big huge honking thanks to these awesome reviewers!!
 
Ponygirl2112- Hey thanks!! ^^ Lol, sorry `bout the ending-couldn't help myself ;) Hahah, I have an affinity for writing weird combinations of story- I have two other IY/NCIS stories and a IY/House M.D. story to prove it. Soonish I might be writing a `Psych' crossover with `Inuyasha' as well among with many other animes/manga. I'm just weird like that XD
 
Ipo- Awhh thanks!! XD I have a couple of other NCIS/IY x-over if you haven't read them yet- their called `Reality and Truth' and `Twisted Workouts' The first one is Kag/Tony and the second one is McGee/Kag. I also have a oneshot of Tony/Kag in `Snapshots of a Priestess' if your also interested ^^
 
Bluemoon_175- Thank you! ^_^ Yea, one reason I did this pairing is cause I haven't seen it done before. Besides, I'm already writing a pairing with Kagome with the other two leading males, so why not Gibbs? Lol. Sorry I didn't update sooner though, Microsoft Word broke down on me for a tad bit >.< What'd you think of this chapter?