InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Girl, Dog, and Death ❯ Howling Wind ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Amora: Yeah ch. four and its probably going be a dud because I have writers block oh well.

Warnings: IY/K pairing and maybe some yaoi in future chapters.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu. or Raist.

'blah' thinking
"blah" talking.

*****

Kagome stopped running breathing heavily. Miroku, Sango and Shippo were behind here. Inu-Yasha looked very, very, very, very, angry.

"Why did we run?!" he asked sharply.

"Because..." Kagome began to snap back, but found that she didn't know herself.

"I said to." came a whispering voice from beside the group. Raistlin was standing there his hood down and his arms folded in his robe. Inu-Yasha rounded on him Grabbing the front of his robes.

"So why did we? If that paper was..."

"What? Evil?" sneered Raistlin. "That 'piece of paper' was an ancient scroll. It just shows the way to the next scroll." Inu-Yasha let go of the black mage. Kagome put her finger to her lip.

"So its like scavenger hunt?" she asked. Raistlin nodded. "So what's at the end?"

"I don't know that." Raistlin answered. Inu-Yasha folded his arms.

"That proves even more that we need that paper."

"I'm inclined to agree with Inu-Yasha." said Miroku. "We don't know where to go next." Everyone, but Raistlin nodded.

"We don't need the scroll," Raistlin whispered. "because I've already read it."

****

Inu-Yasha walked behind the others glaring at Raistlin. He growled. 'Stupid human. What can he do against a demon?'

The mage had pulled hid hood over his head again. Even though it was quite warm outside, he had his black clocked wrapped around him. He was shivering. Kagome was riding her bike with Shippo in front of the group. Sango and Miroku were talking in low whispers.

Inu-Yasha never took his eyes of the mage. 'There's just something I don't trust about him.'

"Hey, are we almost there?" asked Shippo. Raistlin smiled.

"Almost Shippo." said Kagome. "Be patient. Raistlin said that the scroll said the next scroll was on top of this mountain."

"That makes sense." said Miroku. "Since the last one was in a forest. This one would be on a mountain. Then the next water and so on until you've gone through all the kind of terrain." Raistlin nodded wearily. 'Indeed, young priest.'

*****

The wind on the mountain was aggravating. Kagome, Sango, Shippo, and Miroku could hardly walk. Raistlin was a little better, but still had a hard time. Inu-Yasha could stay on his feet the best, but ____ had to walk in front of them to slow down the wind.

"Why is it so windy?" asked Kagome.

"It's the guardian." replied Myoga who was holding on to her cloths for dear life. "A wind demon most likely." Inu-Yasha grunted.

"A lot of good knowing that would do for us." he grumbled. Meanwhile Raistlin felt his strength returning rather then decreasing. 'Soon I will be back to full power.' Then he snorted. 'Yeah and then what? I don't know how to get back to Krynn.' Knowing that this guardian was going to be stronger then the last didn't help either. 'And that demon, he is different from the rest...'

*****

"Lord Sessho-maru!" Jaken called after the dog demon. "Are you sure this is where we're supposed to go?" He took a step back just in case.

"Yes Jaken." Sessho-maru said not really paying any attention. The wind whipped around them.

Jaken stopped walking. His master had been like this every since that fire wall had appeared. Not even Rin, the small human who followed them around everywhere. 'What could have happened I wonder...' Realizing that he was falling behind he ran to catch up with them. "Lord Sessho-maru! Wait for your humble servant!"

'What was he? He did not smell human, yet he didn't smell demon either.' thought Sessho-maru. His mind wondered back to the black dressed figure.

"Who are you?" The black figured said nothing as he folded his hood down. Mirror like eyes turned their gaze on him. He saw his own reflection, however, he saw himself week and defenseless at the mercy of this new enemy. He took a step foreword rather then back as he had wanted to. The mirror like eyes cracked slightly showing surprise but soon regained what tit was like before.

The heat of a wall of fire hit Sessho-maru full force as the black clad figure disappeared into the night.

Sessho-maru frowned at this memory. 'Very strange. Very strange indeed...'

A roar broke the dog demon out of his thoughts. A demon made up of wind and snow stood in front of him. Sessho-maru smirked. 'An easy victory.'

******

The wind began to whip harder around the group as
Sessho-maru had started fighting the guardian. Inu-Yasha put his hands in front of his face to black the wind. Kagome grabbed onto his back buried her face in his shirt. Miroku put his arm around Sango and Shippo and blocked the wind with his back.

Raistlin did not flinch as his hood was thrown off his face and the wind began to feel like glass shards hitting their faces. He looked up to the top of the mountain which had grown very close after the last few hours.

"What's going on?" yelled Inu-Yasha above the sound of the wind.

"A battle." Raistlin quietly so that they could hardly hear. "It seems
Sessho-maru has beat us there." 'Good then perhaps I can learn more about him.'

The group continued up the mountain as fast they could. Raistlin followed quietly behind all of them. He watched their struggles to get farther up the mountain. 'A very dedicated group.' he thought bitterly to himself. He felt himself growing very jealous of the people he traveled with.

"We're almost there!" Kagome's voice floated back.

Inu-Yasha looked ahead of them. Now that they were close enough he could here the battle very well. There was a deafening roar and the wind suddenly died down.

Everything was silent, you could most likely hear a pin drop.

"What happened?" asked Sango.

"The battle has been decided." replied Miroku. Kagome took a deep breath before asking, "So, who won?"

"Who else? That half-brother of mine did." Inu-yahsa said bitterly. Raistlin lifted his head up slightly. 'Half-brother?' Myoga hopped onto his shoulder.
"You'll have to fight your Lord Brother."

"You think I don't know that!" Kagome sighed. It seems like Inu-Yasha and his brother will never settle their differences.

****

Amora: That was short again. I am very sorry! Review!