InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Outwitted ❯ Chapter 16: Can You Hear It? ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: Glad you all enjoyed the last chapter. Here is the next installment of Outwitted. Enjoy! Some of you have noticed this really doesn’t follow the plot line of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. It will have more elements of the book through the end, with the Chamber of Secrets and the Basilisk, etc.

*Outwitted*

By: Kage Otome (Shadow Maiden on Mediaminer)

Chapter 16: Can You Hear It?


He laughed wickedly, red eyes gleaming in the darkness. Everything was falling into place. Malfoy, was such a fool actually believing he stood a chance for her affections. She would make a great ally, all left to do was turn her against her friends, by turning them against her, and of course, making her forget it was he who was at fault for her dear brothers death. It should be easy enough. It was almost time, he just had to be patient.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------

̶ 0;Blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah, blah, I, blah, blah, blah.” Kagome stared blankly at the so called professor, she’d had him for months now, and all he ever talked about was his greatness. What she wouldn’t give for a wrapped straw. She’d remove the wrapping, tear a piece of stick it in her mouth, put it in the straw and fire away. Maybe she’d hit him in the middle of his too high forehead. Her lip curled in disgust as he smiled. ‘Please, God, Stop this horrific site you’ve condemned us too.’ Kagome pleaded.

Harry and Ron obviously had the same idea as they made gagging motions. Kagome smirked at them. Draco caught the looks and narrowed his eyes dangerously at the two. They were little to no competition to him. Well, Potter may prove to be troublesome. He was already a complication that needed to be dealt with. He turned, feeling someone staring at him, he was surprised to find Kagome giving him a glare as if knowing his intentions. He grinned at her, blowing her a kiss. He watched with some satisfaction as her face turned away, hiding a blush. Or so he believed, she was really trying to hide a grimace.

“Miss Kagome,miss Kagome?”

“What?”

“What is my greatest success?”

“What does that have to do with ‘Defense against the dark arts?’, Mr. Get-a-clue Lockhart?” Kagome sneered.

“Miss. Higurashi, I detest--”

“I detest, stuck up, arrogant, fools who have not a clue of what they are supposed to be teaching and can’t even fight off a mere pixie.” Kagome hissed, sticking her foot out, tripping him as he came, from farther down the column. He landed with a thud. Girls gasped, Kagome twitched.

‘The lot of them are all imbecile’s.’

Gilderoy Lockhart, was a complete and utter failure of a wizard, at least, in her opinion. He immediately went to the back, probably trying to ‘fix’ his now red forehead. Kagome didn’t bother to suppress the grin that broke over her face as she heard his fussing over his ‘poor head’ because of that ‘wretched girl’.

“Yo! Girly man! Shouldn’t you be teaching class?” Inuyasha bellowed. Kagome snickered. Harry and Ron snickered. Heck even Draco smirked. Lockhart stormed out of the classroom, screaming about not taking any verbal abuse from annoying brats.

Ron, Harry and Inuyasha burst into laughter, Hermione shooting them and Kagome dirty looks. Kagome gladly returned it. Something about that know-it-all really irritated her. Walking out of the class room, Harry in toll she was assaulted by one Kouga Ookami. He groped her. Returning the undesired favor, she kneed him in his groin, sending him to the floor. Harry held no sympathy for him, neither did Ron.

“Kagome, Harry, Ron!” Who knows where Inuyasha went off to.

“Fred, George.” Kagome nodded to the twins. They began walking down the hall when suddenly Harry stopped. Kagome looked at him curiously. He looked towards the wall before starting to run, her eyes widened in shock before she darted off after him. The rest followed utterly confused. Kagome caught up to him easily, wondering what on earth was wrong with him. Perhaps he was hearing things again. He’d started to hear them a bit after the students began to turn to stone and he found that diary in Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom. Tom Marvolo Riddle.

He’d been drawn into the book and saw...something that involved Hagrid. He didn’t say much about it, but she had since then forbidden him to open that wretched diary, going so far as to hide it. She knew. She saw the looks other students tossed at him, they avoided him in the hallways, he was after all the ‘main suspect’. All afraid to turn to stone, they were. The only one who posed a real threat beside Voldemort was herself. What the hell was going on?

“Don’t you hear it Kagome?” Harry asked eagerly.

Kagome listened. She couldn’t hear a thing.

“I don’t hear anything.”

“C’mon, listen!” Harry pleaded.

Narrowing her eyes, she concentrated completely on her hearing ability. She heard it. What the hell? Her eyes widened before narrowing again, was that--was that--was that hissing?

“Is that hissing?” Kagome questioned.

“Can’t you understand it?” Harry asked.

“No. Can you?”

Harry nodded.

‘Is he--no--he couldn’t. Could he?’

--------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------

They were conversing in the common room. Harry cursed. Kagome stared at him, before smirking proudly. Fred whapped her on the head, Kagome swore under her breath before turning a glare his way. George held her arm in a gentle but firm grip, sure, he and Fred may have fought, but he didn’t want a dead twin. Rubbing soothing circles on her hand he watched as she grumbled, but obliged, sitting down reluctantly.

“Not one word.” Kagome muttered to Fred.

“What do you think is turning all these students into stone?” Ron asked.

Kagome narrowed her eyes, sapphire orbs dark with concentration.

“It sounds familiar, the effect of something, I just can’t remember what.” Kagome muttered. ‘Whatever it is, it has the ability to kill, like it did to Myrtle, but why did the other Hogwarts student’s not die, like she? C’mon, remember, Kagome, remember...’ Suddenly an image, completely unrelated flashed into her head. Hermione with whiskers, a tail and fur. She’d still remembered how Hermione convinced Harry and Ron to ditch her and she ended up turning into some cat girl. Serves the wench right, diverting her attention, saying she saw something ‘shadowy and creepy’ that may have been a death eater near the quidditch field.

Silly girl.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------

As she fell asleep that night she thought to herself.

‘Death and Stone...Basi---’

--------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---
A/n: Like? No? Review!