InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Seventh Year ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue

"What are we to do?" asked a woman's voice. She had lived for many a year and she knew that they were in a hopeless situation.

"Pray and hope to god that we'll be answered."

"Everyone says he died and if that's true than you know what will happen."

"Yes Minerva I know what will happen, but no one knows if he truly died. All witnesses said he just disappeared. We can only hope that Harry is still alive and well."

"But Albus, you saw it happen, you were there. How is it that he could've survived? That curse that he used would kill anyone!"

"We can only be comforted by the fact that he can't come here as of yet. Now that our world knows that Voldemort has truly risen and has his full power, hopefully they will be willing to fight and not run in terror. It is safest for their children to be here."

She sighed and said, "I'll go send the owls to the students. School starts in a week and already people are saying they won't come back. It's really sad, it would have been his seventh year."

************************

"Come back here you BITCH!"

Great! Just great! Kagome thought as she heard the enraged half-demon follow her.

"I have to go home!"

"You have to stay here!" he yelled at her as she closed in on the well. "It was your damn fault the damn Shikon no Tama broke yet again!"

She laughed as she closed on the well; "The jewel is now worthless Inuyasha. You made sure of that when you tried to wish Kikyo back to life!"

"You will stay! I will not have you go home!" he yelled as he grabbed her delicate wrist.

She didn't even wince as she felt her wrist snap. With cold eyes she said one word, "Sit!" It was said so softly yet strongly so that he fell into a crater of about six feet. In the past year Kagome's powers had grown immensely. She no longer loved the half-demon.

He had betrayed her by almost killing her. He had tried to take away her soul for a woman who was long dead. His sword no longer transformed for him and he only kept it to spite his brother.

Kagome had only stayed because of her friends. Shippo though no longer needed her protection and Sango and Miroku had a family. Naraku was dead and Kagura was free. Kouga had finally mated Ayame.

She looked over at the demon she no longer knew and said quietly, "I'm not coming back and if you follow, I will kill you."

As she jumped through the well she could here the enraged half-demon howl a piercing angry howl that emptied the forest of all life.