InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ What Every Fangirl Dreams About Before She Goes to Sleep at Night ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: I own all original characters and ideas. All others are copyright to their respective owners.
 
Chapter 1:
 
No world has been created since the beginning of time. They have always existed, and those who believe they create new worlds are the ones whose spiritual senses are highly in tune with the world that they “create”. These beings have come to be known in some worlds only as fantasy authors, but in other worlds, where magic is still well-known to all, their powers, for indeed powers they are, are trained and heightened. It is these people who come to possess the powers to open the portals between worlds.
Not always were the worlds separate, though. When the gods created time, they gave time only one world, and to this world, they gave creatures to live upon it. At first, all was peaceful among the inhabitants of the world. But as time passed, disagreements began to ensue, and one day, a terrible battle broke out between the regions of the world.
The battle continued for many years, and all life would have been destroyed had the gods not intervened when they did. The gods, though it caused them terrible pain to do so, severed the world into many parts, separating the creatures from one another. And so the worlds were born, and the gods mourned the loss of their beautiful world.
On the day the worlds where severed, a prophecy was born among the heavens: that one day four believers would arise from the world where magic had all but been lost. One an author, one a dreamer, one a teller, one an inspirer, these four would reconnect the worlds together, using Shards the gods had left behind, and through them, the World would be reborn. In preparation for the Believers, the gods chose a guide, one who would find the four and lead them on the path to their destiny. And so, a small hope still remained.
 
 
A group of four girls, all dressed in cosplays of different anime and video games, rode in a red Saturn on the expressway. “MMM MMM MMMMMM!” the blonde sitting in the backseat mumbled through the duct tape wrapped in several layers around her mouth. Her name was Jessica, but all of her friends called her Jessi-chan. She was fondly called the group idiot, and her cosplay of Naruto's female form suited her perfectly.
“What, Jessi-chan? I couldn't understand you,” Kaito, the oldest of the group, teased. She had short, reddish-brown hair and was dressed in a light purple kimono. Jessi-chan glared at Kaito and tried to attack her, but her hands were tied firmly behind her back with more duct tape and her ankles were bound together, making it blissfully (for everyone but Jessi-chan) impossible for her to move.
“Jessi-chan, shut up! I'm trying to give Yuki directions!” commanded Kira, the most mature of the group though she was the youngest and the smallest.
“Kira, you said we get off here, right?” Yuki, the second oldest and designated driver asked, turning on her blinker and starting to head into the exit.
“Yuki! No!! It's the next exit!” Kira screamed, causing Yuki to scream and swerve between the two lanes.
“AAHH!! YUKI!!!” Kaito and Kira cried in unison.
Once Yuki had managed to regain control of the car and get back into the correct lane without killing anyone, she laughed an insincere apology. “Hehe. Oops.”
“Bad Jessi-chan! You almost made Yuki get us killed!” Kaito scolded, smacking the restrained girl on the arm.
“MMMMM?!” was Jessi-chan's mumbled protest (not that anyone really cared).
“Jessi-chan, that was very bad,” Kira agreed with Kaito.
“Okay. This one, right?” Yuki asked the Kairi clone sitting beside her.
“Yes, Yuki. This exit,” Kira replied.
 
 
“Yaaaay! Lets go get pocky!!” the now freed Jessi-chan cried, running into the middle of the road—right in front of an oncoming car.
“Jessi-chan! No!” Yuki and Kira yelled, running after her and yanking her out of the road.
“But-but…Pocky!” Jessi-chan whined, trying to escape from their grasp.
“Jessi-chan, pocky is not worth getting yourself killed over,” Kira tried to reason with her. Have you ever tried reasoning with a complete idiot?
“Yes it is!” Jessi-chan protested, managing to get free and run in front of a car—again.
“I give up,” the San cosplayer moaned to Kira as Jessi-chan narrowly missed being run over by the car and ran into the convention building.
“Me too,” Kira said. She and Yuki crossed the road as well, making sure there were not any cars coming before they did so.
 
 
“Jessi-chan! No! No! No!” Kaito yelled, hitting the Naruto cosplayer for what seemed like the millionth time.
The four were now walking around Momo-con, looking at the different art setups. “Yuki, when are we supposed to check into the hotel room?” Kira asked. They had decided to rent a room at a hotel for the night (and had somehow managed to talk their parents into letting them).
“Um…I think they said check-in is at noon,” Yuki said.
“Okay, so that should give us about an hour. What should we do until then?” Kira turned to look at the brunette, only to see an empty space. She looked around. “Yuki?”
“Uh-oh…I think Yuki just found some more Kakashi pictures,” Kaito informed Kira, pointing at a table behind them.
“Oh God…” Kira said, turning to see Yuki drooling over a table lined with pictures of Kakashi-sensei.
“Naruto!!!” Jessi-chan yelled, running over to join Yuki at the table, where there were also pictures of Naruto laying around.
“We're gonna die,” Kira said simply.
 
 
“I'm sorry, you must be at least sixteen in order to claim a room,” the man sitting behind the desk at the hotel said in a bored tone.
“I'm seventeen,” Yuki told him again, glaring at him as though she wanted to kill him. Sitting on the couches not far from the desk, the other three girls doubled over with laughter, and Yuki decided that once she had finished with this moron she would kill them too.
“Could I please see some identification?” the man asked. Yuki dug in her purse and handed him her driver's license. He examined it carefully then handed it back to her. He typed something in on his computer, then handed her a card key. “Here's the key to your room.”
“Thank you,” Yuki said, smiling with false sweetness and taking it. She marched over to the other three, who were still trying to catch their breaths after their laughing fit. She pointed at them, glaring. “Don't—say—anything,” she threatened.
Jessi-chan jumped up and put an arm around Yuki's shoulder. “Don't worry!” she attempted to reassure, punching Yuki in the arm in what she thought was a playful manner. “We won't laugh at you!”
Yuki's blue-green eyes narrowed at the clueless blonde. Moments later, Jessi-chan's cries of “Ow! What was that for?” could be heard from several blocks away.
“Okay you two. That's enough,” Kaito said, separating the two girls who had begun to fight as they always did.
“But—but! She hit me!”
Yuki stomped her foot on the ground. “Only cause you hit me first!”
“Yes, Yuki, I know.” Kaito gave Yuki a one-armed hug, as she was using the other to keep Jessi-chan at bay.
Jessi-chan stopped struggling at crossed her arms. “Why do you always take her side?!” she demanded. Yuki stuck her tongue out at Jessi-chan.
“Ok, Jessica. That's enough,” Kira intervened before another ruckus could break out between the two and some poor innocent soul got hurt. She wondered how she had ended up with such immature friends anyway.
“Come on, Yuki.” Kaito led the San girl to the elevator, while Kira led the Naruto.
 
 
“The time has come, I do believe,” the dark cloaked figure whispered to itself. It smiled. “At last. The journey of the Four shall begin.”
 
 
A half-hour after they checked into the hotel, Kira, Yuki, Kaito, and Jessi-chan headed into a nearby restaurant, still in their cosplay outfits. Jessi-chan ran up to the counter, ignoring the people who were already in line and yelled at the poor waiter, “I want ramen! Believe it!!”
“Jessi-chan!” kaito marched over to the blonde and grabbed her, pulling her to the back of the line with Kira and Yuki. The people in the restaurant stared at the scene.
“Ow! Ow! Ow! Quit pulling me!” Jessi-chan struggled to get free. Both Kira and Yuki noted that she seemed to be doing a lot of struggling today, even for her.
“Jessi-chan, you can't just cut everyone else. You have to wait in line,” Yuki scolded.
“Yes,” Kira agreed. “And if you're going to act like Naruto you have to say dattebayo, not believe it.”
“Yeah, yeah, whatever. You guys are lame,” Jessi-chan stated, crossing her arms over her chest.
“Yuuukiii!” Kaito called suddenly. “They have cake!”
“Cake?” Yuki repeated, immediately going into dumb mode. “I like cake!”
“Buy Kaito cake?” Her evil plan was emerging.
“Cake!” Yuki sang happily.
“Oh God,” Kira sighed, shaking her head at Yuki who was now bouncing up and down chanting “cake” over and over again. “You've created a monster.”
“Hehe. Cookie?” Kaito asked, holding out her hand expectantly.
“No! I do not have a cookie. And for the last time, I am not Kairi!”
“But you're dressed like Kairi,” Jessi-chan pointed out.
Kira sighed again. “How did I get stuck with you people?” she wondered hopelessly.
Yuki turned around. “There's a reason for this. I think you know what it is,” she said.
“I'm an alien,” Kira moaned.
“Yep!”
The cloaked figure watched the girls from one of the tables in the restaurant as they got their food (Yuki and Kaito buying large pieces of chocolate cake for themselves and for Jessi-chan, much to Kira's horror) and sat down at one of the tables.
Amidst the crazy talking and behavior, Yuki and Kira noticed they were being watched. They exchanged glances.
“Come on! Let's go back to Momo-con!” Jessi-chan yelled.
“Yay! Momo-con! Hot guys?” Kaito asked. The chocolate cake was definitely kicking in.
Yuki and Kira rolled their eyes at their boy crazy friend. “Ok, let's go,” Kira said.
They threw away their trash and headed out the door. Yuki and Kira fell behind the other two. “Did you see that weird cloaked dude who was staring at us?” Yuki whispered.
“Yeah. That was really odd,” Kira whispered back.
“Who do you think he was?”
“I-“
“Hey! Watcha talking about?” Jessi-chan's hyper voice broke into their conversation.
Yuki turned toward the voice and nearly ran into Jessi-chan. “Jessi-chan! Don't do that!” Yuki smacked Jessi-chan.
“Here we go again,” Kira muttered.
“Ok, you two. That's enough,” Kaito said, forcefully dragging Yuki off of Jessi-chan.
“But she started it!” Yuki whined childishly, waving a finger at Jessi-chan.
“Come on. We'll go find you some more pictures of Kakashi,” Kaito said to comfort her.
Yuki's face brightened dramatically. “Kakashi?”
“Yes, and then we'll find some pictures of Jay!” Kira added.
“Jay!” Yuki squealed in a high-pitched voice.
“Jay!” Kira echoed with an even higher squeal.
Silently, the cloaked figure followed them as they hurried back to Momo-con. “Yes, children,” it murmured. “Hurry, for your destiny awaits.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What Every Fangirl Dreams About Before She Goes to Sleep at Night