InuYasha Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ A Sequel! More things you didn't know and didn't need to know about Escaflowne and Inu-Yasha! ❯ Chapter Eighteen ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(So, at 7:00, all are assembled. The food is pretty much done and the decorations are all up. Kagome is handing Trowa, Quatre, Duo, Shippou, and Inu-Yasha their uniforms. All the boys look at their red-and-white checkered pants, white fifties shoes, white tuxedo shirts, and checkered bow-ties in disgust, shock, and horror.)

Duo: I've never seen a uniform like THIS!

Kagome: They match the decorations, see? Look at the tablecloth!

Quatre: Well, I guess it's kinda cute….

Trowa: …

Shippou: Eh…what are these?

Inu-Yasha: KAGOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kagome: *innocently* Yes, Inu-Yasha?

Inu-Yasha: NO!!!!!!!

Kagome: Osuwari!

Inu-Yasha: *B-TONG!!!!!!!!*

Kagome: You were saying?

Inu-Yasha: I hate you.

Kagome: No you don't. Now, why don't you go get dressed like a good little pup.

Inu-Yasha: I am not a PUP!!!!!!!!

Kagome: Whatever you say.

(They all go off to get changed as Sesshoumaru arrives, fashionably late.)

Sesshoumaru: Well, here I am. So, what is it exactly that you wish me to do?

Kagome: Well, first we want you to put this on. *thrusts matching pants, shirt, shoes, and bowtie into his arms along with a tuxedo jacket to match the pants with a long tail*

Sesshoumaru: What is it…?

Kagome: It's your uniform!

Sesshoumaru: I am sorry, but this is an undignified outfit.

Kagome: Not where I'm from. In Tokyo, it's considered very fashionable. Only the sleekest, hottest guys wear it.

Hitomi: *stifling giggles*

Sesshoumaru: I am not from your time.

Kagome: Well, since you agreed to do this you must have agreed to wear the uniform.

Sesshoumaru: *menacingly* Rin…

Rin: *tear in eye* I didn't know, I swear!

Sesshoumaru: *sighs, swallowing his pride* Very well.

(Meanwhile, Sango goes to fetch Kohaku, Celena, and Kikyou. In the girls' dorm…)

Kikyou: *completely broken down and in tears* b-b-b-but, I st-still h-have f-feelings f-for him, and…

Sango: Eh…Celena, Kohaku, you guys think you could come with me?

Kohaku: Gladly!

Celena: Oh, but, we need to make Kikyou feel better…

Kikyou: *pops her head up-her eyes are dry of tears* Oh, thank GOD you're here! This was the only thing I could think of that would take up time. Ugh-how humiliating. Please, forgive the scene. It was for your own good. *she rises and exits*

Celena and Kohaku: …

Sango: Yeah, anyway, eh…come on. Oh, you might want to change into something nicer, if you have something.

(A few minutes later, Celena, in a blue party dress with a matching ribbon in her hair, and Kohaku, wearing a fancy man's kimono that randomly appeared, follow Sango to the entrance of the dining hall. She opens the door for them and motions for them to enter. They see the decorations as well as the desk at the front behind which is Sesshoumaru dressed in his checkered tux.)

Celena: You made a restaurant for us! Ahhhh! *hugs Sango*

Kohaku: Is that…Sesshoumaru?

*Sango walks into the kitchen*

Sesshounaru: *in a pained but noble tone* How may I help you?

Celena: *giggling* Eh… -hehe- um…could we have a table, please?

Sesshoumaru: *grabbing two menus* Right this way.

*They follow him, Kohaku staring blankly and Celena giggling, as Sesshoumaru leads them to the only table in the hall. They sit and look at the menu.*

Kohaku: Umm…Celena-chan?

Celena: Hai?

Kohaku: What does this say? I can't read it…it uses strange symbols….

Celena: Oh, well…there's seafood soup, a ceasar salad-

Kohaku: A what?

Celena: Eh, lettuce with cream dressing and cheese-it's yummy, and there's unagi on rice for the appetizer, a choice of steak or lamb for the main course, and then assorted cheeses, and then chocolate mousse for dessert. So-steak or lamb?

Kohaku: Eh…what are you getting?

Celena: Eh…steak?

Kohaku: Okay, I'll get that, then.

Shippou: *jumps up onto the table in his uniform*

Celena: Ah! Kawaii!

Kohaku: What the-

Shippou: Well, welcome to our restaurant! So, what can I get you two to drink tonight?

Celena: *giggling* Umm…let me look at the menu….

Kohaku: *under his breath* What is he wearing…?

Celena: Well, they seem to have all virgin mixed drinks…

Shippou: Courtesy of Lady Une.

Celena: *laughs* I guess we're too young for wine, huh?

Kohaku: *shocked* We're having a virgin?!

Celena: Nonononono. We're having non-alcoholic drinks.

Kohaku: Oh, okay…what are you getting?

Celena: One sec… *looks at the menu* can I get a Lava Flow?

Kohaku: A what?

Celena: Crème and strawberry-it's good!

Kohaku: Okay, I'll get the same.

Sango: *from the kitchen-whispers to Kagome* Poor Kohaku, he's not used to this.

Shippou: *scribbling something random on his pad of paper* Okay! Right up! *dashes off*

Celena: Ah, this is so cool! We really do get to go on a date!

Shippou: *to Lady Une* Two Lava Flops!

Lady Une: You mean Flows?

Shippou: Right, that….

Duo: *entering in the same costume* So, y'guys know what you're gettin'? Lamb `r steak?

Celena: Eh, steak, please.

Kohaku: Me, too.

Duo: Keedoke-right up, man. *exits as Quatre enters with a big smile, a towel draped over one arm, and the drinks on a silver tray*

Quatre: Good evening! Here are your drinks, Miss, Sir. *bends over and places the drinks before them as he addresses them* I hope you enjoy them! *He bows and exits*

Celena: *sipping her drink* Mmm…this is good.

Kohaku: This is strange…but I like it.

Celena: So, what should we talk about, since we're on a date and all.

Kohaku: Yeah, we didn't really get a chance to talk this afternoon.

Celena: Oh, yes…I can't believe that Kikyou would pretend to be confessing her feelings to us just as a way to keep us busy.

Kohaku: *shrugs* Oh well. Well, let's talk about us.

Celena: Well, you know how I was thinking about how to bring you back to true life. I don't think the Tenseiga'll work…I mean, we'd have to get it from Sesshoumaru, `cause you know he won't use it on you, and then we'd have to master it, and that could take a while. And besides, I can't use swords.

Kohaku: Well…what other way is there? The only other way I know of is with Shikon shards, but that's what we're doing.

Celena: We'll think of something…. You know, this world is very suggestible to people's deepest desires, as you might have noticed with Penguin and all…. But seriously, here, if you really wish for something, then-

Trowa: *enters with the soup and sets it before them also dressed in the uniform-leaves*

Celena: *eating* -then we can find a way to make it happen. It always seems to work with Hitomi.

Kohaku: *slurping* You think so?

Celena: Well, yeah, I don't see any reason why it won't work. Besides, my authoress powers all seem to be of that genre, if you know what I mean.

Kohaku: Eh?

Celena: Well…it seems that I can suggest how the story is to go. I can't really do any blatant action like Penguin can, but…

Kohaku: So that means you're more powerful than Penguin?

Celena: Well…

Penguin: *from in the kitchen* MY GOD, MAN!!!!!!!!! IT'S A SIMPLE QUESTION!!!!!! WHY DO YOU LOVE HER?!?!?!?!

Folken: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU?!

Penguin: ADMIT IT! YOU DON'T KNOW! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IF YOU LOVE HER OR NOT! IT'S SIMPLE INFATUATION!!!

Kohaku: Eh…

Celena: Of course, I don't have any power over her.

Kagome: *from in the kitchen* Oh, come on, Inu-Yasha, you have to serve something.

Inu-Yasha: This is outrageous! How you ever got me to do this in the first place I'll never-

Kagome: Osu-

Inu-Yasha: NO!!!!

Quatre: I'll serve the salad! Don't worry! *Quatre comes out with the salad, still wearing a smile, and places the salad in front of them as he takes their empty soup bowls* Enjoy!

Kohaku: *staring* What is it…?

Celena: It's a Ceasar salad. Just try it. *they eat and continue talking*

Kohaku: So…do you think maybe you could steer the story in that direction? Or maybe your friend could make something if she's the blunt one.

Penguin: YOU'RE JUST INFATUATED WITH HER!!! GOD, SHE HATES YOU!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celena: Eh…I think she's a bit busy right now. But I'm thinking…how can I steer the story in that direction. I mean, it's not something I have planned out.

Kohaku: *shrugs* Wish it?

Celena: Well, I can't really just wish…I mean, I could wish that you suddenly don't need the Shikon shard all I want, but it doesn't really work that way. I'd have to wish it intensely, and I couldn't be too specific, and…

Kohaku: And…?

Celena: *quietly* Well, it would probably only work if you had died again.

Kohaku: Oh….

Kagome: *from in the kitchen* You're taking this one, Inu-Yasha, or I say it!

Sango: *under her breath* It's sweet how much Celena is trying in all this, but why did our unhired help have to be so loud? I want to hear their conversation, and between the yelling and the threats of "sit," it's so hard to hear…. *she wanders out near Sesshoumaru to hear better*

Inu-Yasha: *looking very flustered and peeved carrying the unagi on rice* Here! *Drops the platter onto their table and struts off. Some of the unagi flies into Kohaku's face.*

Celena: Ah! Gomen! *hands Kohaku a napkin*

Kohaku: Thanks… *wipes his face* I wish there was an easier way to do this.

Celena: So do I. I don't want to be scared of losing you.

Kohaku: *tentatively reaches out and holds her hand* It'll be okay…I know it. *smiles reassuringly*

Celena: *smiles back, but with troubled eyes* Yeah, I hope so….

Sango VO: They look so perfect together…and things are going so nicely, too. But as long as Naraku is still around, there is always that danger….

Duo: *entering with the steak* Here ya go! *takes the empty bowls of unagi that they had put on the tray Inu-Yasha had left and places their steak in front of them* You better eat up!

Celena: *giggling* He's such a funny waiter.

Duo: Hey, that's what I'm here for!

Kohaku: Hey, I saw this before, some nobles were eating it. What is it again?

Celena: Steak….

Kagome: *from the kitchen* Hey, Sango-chan, if you want any extra food, you better come quick. Between Inu-Yasha, Duo, and the mess Penguin and Folken are making, there won't be much left for long!

Sango: It's okay…I'm not hungry.

Kagome: Right…hey, Trowa, ya mind taking an extra plate of food for Sango-chan?

Trowa: *nods and takes a tray of assorted cheese and another plate with all sorts of food piled on for Sango. He takes Sango's plate over and then stands there next to her, waiting for the two to finish.*

Kohaku: Well…Naraku is still trying to kill me. But, I guess that's okay if you think that me dying would help.

Celena: I didn't say that. I only said that it would be the way to make the intense feeling necessary to put the power in my wish-but that's a last resort. And besides, what if it doesn't work? There're no guarantees.

Kohaku: Oh…well, that's true….

Penguin: ARE YOU INSINUATING THAT I AM A NOSY PERSON?!?!

Celena: O.o

Kohaku: *ignoring the outburst* Well, I guess we'll just have to leave it to fate, then.

Celena: Let's leave fate out of this….

Kohaku: Hmm? Oh, yeah…gomen nasai.

Celena: It's okay. But I wish that I could do something now and be sure that it would work.

Kohaku: Well, let's not worry about it now. We're on a date! We should talk about happy things!

Celena: Yeah, okay.

*Trowa enters and places the cheese platter on the table, picking up the steak plates and promptly leaving.*

Kohaku: How come he doesn't talk?

Celena: I dunno, I guess he just doesn't care to.

Kohaku: There're so many strange people around here….

Celena: Well, that's true…but where else would we be able to meet?

Kohaku: Yeah, that's true. I love this place, with all it's ups and downs.

Penguin: HOW IS SHE SOMEHOW WORTHY OF YOUR LOVE? WHAT, AM I NOT SMART ENOUGH FOR YOU? NOT PRETTY ENOUGH FOR YOU? DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TALENT?

Folken: Well, yes, all those are true.

Penguin: *looming* Excuse me…? *twists hands as if about to attack with Inu-Yasha claws*

Folken: Eh…Penguin? You're not Inu-Yasha….

Penguin: Yes I am. And I'm also Zechs and Allen and Eriya…

Folken: Anno… *tries to picture that and fails*

Penguin: Well, both Zechs and Allen have long blonde hair like me…and Eriya? Well, she's in love with you like I am…and Inu-Yasha? We both have long light hair….

Inu-Yasha: She is not me!

Penguin: Tough luck-I am.

Kohaku: *looking off towards the kitchen* Wha…?

Celena: Oh, don't worry, those are just a couple of her anime personas….

Inu-Yasha: *to escape the kitchen, he brings out 3 desserts-one for Sango, two for the couple* Here…*he gives the two to the pair*

Celena: Oh, thank you, Inu-Yasha.

Inu-Yasha: *gruffly, trying to loosen his bowtie* `welcome.

(After the dinner is complete, Celena and Kohaku walk back to the girls' dorm as the other clean up and eat/throw the extras. They decide to give Celena and Kohaku some time alone together, so they don't bother to come back for some time. Perhaps they should have…)