InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well damn will you look at that- I'm cranking out new stories like there's no tomorrow hahahh! XP
 
It's like I'm on inspiration high- the Christmas break is making me stress free and insanely happy. I can actually write without worrying about a project or homework I really need to start cause it's its due the next day (yes- I'm a very bad procrastinator… lol)
 
Read, Review and as always ENJOY!! XD
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Summary-Stuck in this new world she was lost, vulnerable, and in a serious bad mood as she stared at the face of an enemy... ninja? What the...?! And then comes the fated meeting between a testy young miko and her perverted lazy knight in cloth covered armor. Yipee. They say third time's the charm. She'll stick with second thank you very much.
Genre- Adventure, Action, Humor, Romance…
 
Setting- Uhm, undecided at the moment heheh. I let you know in the next chapter… ^^'
 
Pairings- Kagome/Kakashi
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Second Chances--
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Prologue--
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Her conscious... it wavered in and out... in and out... in and out, repeatedly.
Screams... they tore at her, ripped out at her painfully... her ears rang loudly.
Black was the main thing she saw in her haze.
Flashes of color... silver... red... pink... violet... bright orange… emerald...and then white... all just fast enough that right when she thought she could, she was unable to lock onto them.
She could hear groans and moans, growls and roars, the repetative tapping of running feet. The grating sound of swords being unsheathed. The slicing gushing gurgle as it tore through something... most likely someone...
Faces... images of people that she just knows she knew... but at the moment, just couldn't place them
She wasn't too sure at the moment.
Eyes... pleading out to her... sorrow filled... fearful... wise... angry and vengeful... they all glared at her, boring into her skin.
Her head hurt... hell her whole body hurt... there wasn't one point of her body that didn't slightly throb with pain.
Something sharp... something shiny... it was directed towards her at first... but then it kept coming closer... and closer... and closer... and then, a sharp burst of pain exploded her nerves...
Harsh, heavy breathing was exerted... it worried her... this person... it sounded as if they were hurt pretty bad...
Another scream echoed into the air... it was strangely familiar to her ears... why...?
Oh... it was hers...
The last thing she heard... that she saw... was a whisper of bloodened silver and then flash of blue... and then everything went dark once more and stayed that way...
--
Blue eyes fluttered softly as she slipped out of unconciousness... her haze began to fade away. Her mind began become clearer and as time passed coherent thoughts could finally be made out.
"Owww..."
Well... it wasn't that much of a feat...
Dazed orbs soon darted each and every wa,y trying to find something to lock on but to no avail.
A soft, weak whisper was rasped. "Why... why is it so dark...?"
It was all she could see... pitch black.. so black there was no discernable difference whether her eyes were closed or not... so black it was as if she was staring down a deep abyss which was bottomless...
It chilled her to the bone.
As her mind became clearer and clearer, bits and peices of her memory returned to her.
There were noises... the rustling of leaves... the crickets chirp... the blowing of the wind... nature sounds...
She was on on a dirt floor... somewhere that protected her from the outside...
It clicked hard in her mind... she was in the well...
From what little she remembered as of the moment, she was... put into the well and by Inuyasha too, if the flashes of red and silver were anything to go by.
She became painfully aware of the ground to which she was splayed upon, the cold seeping into her body and biting at her. Moaning lightly, she rolled herself over. Her eyes widened slightly as it didn't connect with the usual dark brown of wood that composed the roof of the well house.
Instead all she saw was light blue mixed in with green.
`The sky and leaves...?' That would mean she's in the Feudal Era...
But... `Inuyasha sent me home...'
…Right...?
So what happpened...?
Her head started to throb painfully-and then her upper body, before it spread over to her arms and down to her legs... a moan of agony escaped her parted lips.
She couldn't find out what the hell was going on as her mind slowly began to slip away once more...
--
The next time she emerged from darkness, the pain was slightly less intense... she could actually twitch her fingers at will.
Her head was much more clearer, though she was still a bit dazed.
As conciousness fully wrapped around her, she attempted to drag herself off from the ground, pulling herself up to lean her back against the wooden wall of the well.
It took away her breath to do just that one action, and deep breaths escaped from her throat and nostrils in an attempt pull herself together.
Her eyes drifted to the top of the well, and somewhere in the back of her mind she made the connection that it was getting late.
The light blue she had previously seen had faded to a darker one, one that was slightly tinted with a reddish color that always accompinied the sunset. She swallowed thickly.
She needed to get out of here... wherever here was...
If she was in the Feudal Era... well it was best for her to climb out and get to Kaede's hut before any low level demons come after her.
She was sure that once they get a whiff of her blood, she'd be a goner...
And if she wasn't in the Feudal Era...
Well that just meant she needed to get the hell outta of here and not stay in the same place for long... who knew what kind of baddies were out here in this place she had no idea of...
Slowly, she picked herself up. Her knees shook and buckled and she had to place a hand against the wall behind her to keep herself upright.
She gingerly reached up to find something she could use to climb. When her hand found a vine, she tugged at it roughly, making sure it was durable enough to sustain her weight.
Satisfied when it didn't give, she began her long and tedious scale of the well.
--
As soon as she could reach the ledge, she stretched out her hand to clutch at it.
No longer than a second did another hand snatch up hers- she sucked in a harsh breath that burned her lungs, and her eyes whipped up to meet dark brown.
It didn't help that she could see the mal intent that she just knew was for her… or the glint that enetered his eyes they scoured over her figure. “Looks like I found myself a damsel in distress- I wonder what my reward will be…?” the man drawled out darkly, leaning closely to study her face. He licked his lips in anticipation.
Despite her pain, anger flared through her and prompted her to do what she did next.
She spat in his face. “How `bout that for a reward, creep?”
His eyes slowly narrowed with dangerous intent. “You goddamn bitch!”
Kagome gasped lightly when she was roughly tossed out and over the well ledge and onto the grassy ground.
Rolling over repeatedly, groans escaping her throat as she hit bumpy and hard spots otherwise known as rocks.
The only reason she stopped soon enough was because her back collided with the base of a tree trunk.
Her eyes shot open wide at the shock of the sudden excruciating pain and her mouth opened slightly in a soundless scream.
Yea, that's definitely gonna hurt tomorrow…
Her vision swayed as she dazedly watched the feet of the stranger stalk towards her.
She closed her eyes to gather herself and the next thing she knew, she was being held up by her neck, the man's rough grip cutting off her air supply.
AS she struggled and thrashed for breath the man put his face up to hers, and whispered sadistically in her ear. “I don't take kind to little girls insulting me like that. You should know better than to disrepect such a superior ninja like myself-now…” he trailed off as a smirk crossed his features. “Now, I'll take you where you can be `punished' in peace.”
Kagome however started at the word ninja.
Her mind went blank, trying to wrap around the fact that the man threatening her called himself a ninja. `Ni-ni-ninja?! No- this couldn't mean that… no… just-just nooooo!'
The feeling of dread washed over her- what kind of world did that damn well toss her into this time?!
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
1,326 words
 
--
 
Ahh, don't you just love Kakashi/Kagome pairings? I do!! ^^ I've been wanting to write one for a while and nows my chance heheh.
 
So how was the prologue? A little depressing for my tastes but… it should get a little happier and nicer later-ish- most likely next chapter… well hopefully.
 
Tell me what you think please!! ^_^
 
Hope you all have a fabulous Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanzaa, and any other holiday you celebrate XD
 
Till laters,
-RainLily