InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ The Pure of Heart ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
ADDED!!- I am so sorry to those of you on media miner! This chapter has been out since May 15 on fanfiction . net. The next chapter shall be out fairly soon so please please forgive me!!!
 
 
Ahh it's good to be back…
Ahh it's good to be back…. I'm back at least for a short amount of time my muse came suddenly and told me that if I didn't update she would kill me…….. Anyway here is your update!
Disclaimer- I do not own Inuyasha or Ouran High School Host Club
A warm light surrounded Kagome making her feel lighter than air. She felt the jewel melt back into her body, causing the scar on her side to disappear. She felt something else enter her body, something so familiar that she couldn't place what it was. The warmth started to fade and she started to be lowered slowly.
Suddenly a cold wind engulfed her, pulling her back into the air. It set her body into pins and needles so painful she screamed bloody murder.
Unbeknownst to Kagome the door to the office flew open letting in Miroku, Kouga, and Shippo. The sight before them was astounding. Kagome hung in midair glowing pink. They weren't so surprised by that as by the blue light trying to force itself into her.
Shippo started to run and help only to be stopped by Sesshomaru. “Do not interrupt. This is Inuyasha's goodbye,” his face was as emotionless as ever. Though for just a second Kouga thought he saw a flash of emotion go through his eyes.
Suddenly the screaming stopped. The blue light had mixed with the pink, making a warm pink color. She was lowered slowly to the floor. She was out cold, and her uniform was trashed. It was ripped beyond imagine as if she had gone through a huge battle.
Sesshomaru lowered his arm allowing Shippo to reach her. Shippo ran quickly to Kagome and put a hand on her forehead. He pulled it away quickly. “Something's wrong, she's way to hot.” He looked down at her face. Her blue eyes were wide open, and lifeless. Her pupil was so contracted it was barely there even for his demon sight. Her skin was pale. He quickly checked her pulse, normal. Somehow Miroku and Kouga ended up next to him.
“We need to get this fever down,” Kouga said. “Humans can't stand this body temperature for too long.”
“All she needs is sleep,” Sesshomaru calmly said picking her up. “I shall take her to the room I have set up for her.”
“Are you stupid? Can you not feel how hot she is! She won't be able to last much longer if we don't get it down soon!” Kouga yelled.
“Her body is just adjusting to the changes. She shall be fine,” Sesshomaru then briskly walked out the door carrying Kagome bridal style in his arms (yes two arms).
What changes they thought simultaneously.
Three days later
Kagome slowly opened her eyes, a feeling of pain washing over her. The bright light of the sun seemed to make it worse. Is this what a hangover is like? She slowly lifted her hand causing a ripple of pain. Okay maybe more like being hit with a car….lets work through this. She slowly moved her arms and legs slowly getting over the pain.
She did this until the pain had dulled into a throb. She slowly opened her eyes, the light making it painful, her eyes slowly but surely adjusted to the light.
Once she could open her eyes the entire way without any pain she took into her surroundings. The room was huge!
The room had western décor, a mahogany four poster bed with matching dresser and gauze curtains. The bed was covered in blue and white silks. A huge tapestry hung on the wall. It seemed to depict a battle but being so far away and it being so old all shapes indefinable.
Her door opened slowly causing her to jump slightly making tears roll from her eyes in pain. Once she had painfully wiped the tears from her eyes she looked to see who entered the room.
There stood Sesshomaru carrying a tray with some easy to eat food, such as jello and porridge. “Are you feeling better now?”
When she was In her shocked stupor Kagome thought nothing of the weird way he was acting. “Yeah just a little sore,” she rolled her shoulder for effect. Something sharp poked into her shoulder. She looked down at her shoulder where her hand rested….wait claws? “Uh um… what do you want me to call you Kurama-sama, Sesshomaru, fluffy? Anyone is fine for me…” Wait did I just say fluffy out loud….. crap I think I did.
about to fix her mistake when he responded, “This Sesshomaru does not go out into public very many times. While here you may call me whatever you want but it would be good if you called me at least Sesshomaru-sama outside. Perhaps even Sesshomaru on occasions on which it could be beneficial to us.”
Kagome gaped did he just say she could call him fluffy? Well not in public but I can nonetheless. “Uh okay fluffy? Why do I have claws?” she held up her hand showing off the clawed nails.
“I shall answer all of your questions later. For now I want you to eat, you haven't eaten anything for three days. After you are finished someone will come in here and help you get dressed. They will then lead you to my office where we will finish this conversation.”
I don't need anyone to help me get dressed I'm a grown girl for crying out loud,” she was fuming mad.
Sesshomaru slowly walked over to a closet door that she hadn't seen on her earlier inspection. He opened the door to show many kimonos. “I believe you may need some assistance for these outfits.”
She gaped, the kimonos were waaaaaay to extravagant for her. “Uh fluffy?” Kagome fiddled with her white bangs a little causing him to growl. Wait when were my bangs ever white? She took a handful of her hair noticing it was pure white just like Sesshomaru's and Inuyasha's.
“So that's why that old dog did it,” Sesshomaru said to himself, turned on his heel and walked briskly out of the room.
Kagome shook her head and started to eat the mushy food, she noticed that the flavor seemed really strong even the Jell-O (I don't own). Slowly eating her way through the meal she said to herself from lack of something else to do. “Well at least he hasn't changed all that much, he still has a stick shoved up his,”
She was interrupted by a small fox demon, who she guessed was the maid, “Mistress, have you finished eating yet?” Her voice was pleasant enough but the look in her eyes was one of contempt. She took a few more quick bites of the food, having already eaten most of it. “Yes I have, thank you.”
The demon girl scoffed and walked quickly to pick up the tray. “Your personal maid shall be here momentarily milady.” She walked out of the room without another word.
Thank the gods, she's not my maid. She seems to hate me for some strange reason, and what is with this milady crap? As far as everyone knows I am just a normal….. well maybe not normal considering the hair but a human none-the-less! It's not like everyone knows I am the Shikon miko. I mean ningen usually don't live this long.
Kagome sighed then she heard a small knock on her door.
“Mistress, may I enter?”
“Yes, come right in,” Kagome said trying to stop thinking on that path.
A young girl, about the age she started the quest for the Shikon Jewel, entered. “I'm here to help you get dressed Mistress,” she said meekly.
Sighing Kagome wobbled to her feet on to the cold floor. Looking down she saw she was in a long night gown that went from her neck, to her wrists, to her ankles. Well it is Fluffy of course, it's not like he'd let me sleep in that uniform. Now to deal with the maid…. “You don't have to call me `Mistress' you know. You can just call me Kagome.”
The young girl stared in surprise. “I could never do that Mistress. Lord Sesshomaru would have me dearly punished for such an act!”
“How about you can just call me Kagome when no one else is around, okay? That way we both give in a little.” The girl shuffled her feet around for a long moment obviously not wanting to get in trouble with Sesshomaru. Kagome sighed again and rested against a wall near the closet, “Okay fine if I can get Sesshomaru to let you call me just by my name, without punishment. Will you do so?”
The girl thought for a moment then nodded, “If it is okay with Lord Sesshomaru, I guess I may do that.”
“All righty then! Now let me ask you something what happened to my uniform?”
Two hours and one uncomfortable bath later….
Kagome shifted underneath the kimono. Luckily for her the maid had agreed to only do the bare minimum, but that was still past Kagome's normal. She had on a thin Yukata with small butterflies covering most of it. Her hair was pulled up into a simple half-bun. Also the girl, whose name she had found out was Ayumi, had also allowed her to do most of her own makeup. However when she only put on some mascara that privilege was taken away as well.
She shuffled as best she could in her state, still being weak. Ayumi led her to Sesshomaru's office. However Ayumi never did tell her what happened to her uniform. I hope it's not destroyed; I really don't want to ask Sesshomaru to buy me another.
Ayumi suddenly stopped. “This is Lord Sesshomaru's study,” she bowed deeply and walked away.
Great there goes all the support I actually have here… though she couldn't really blame her. If Sesshomaru was her `Lord' she would spend as little time in his presence as possible.
Kagome sighed for the third time that morning, and raised her hand to knock on the door. Suddenly a loud “Come in” echoed from the room. She jumped, she hadn't been expecting that. After a moment she hesitantly opened the door.
Sesshomaru was typing something on a computer while looking at a sheet of paper in his hand. Kagome stood there in the doorway shocked at the tone in his voice only to be interrupted by him again.
“Are you going to stand there all day or are you going to come in?” his ever emotionless voice.
Kagome slowly sat down on the cushy chair she sat on to what felt like to her only a yesterday but in fact had been several. She gathered enough courage to ask him the question that had been eating at her insides, “Sesshomaru?” he gave a nod towards her to signify that he was listening. “Why is my hair white? Also why do I have claws?” She couldn't think straight, the days of sleep had made her mind blurry. She was sure that the answer was right in front of her but she couldn't quite grasp it.
He set down the paper he had been typing up. “I know what you are, but to how and why still escapes me,” he said with voice that had only a hint of irritation. “What has happened to you Miko is that you have been turned into a demon.”
Muhahahahaha so what do you think? I know I have been a horrible updater but I am having a really bad time in school. I have bad procrastination problems (couldn't have guessed that huh?) so my grades end up being really low. My mom grounds me from anything I would actually enjoy. So I write during classes. I'm kinda sneaking on right now…… This chapter has been in the works since I last updated….. sad isn't it?
So peeps Lots of ReviewsHappy Authoress. Happy AuthoressBetter Grades. Better GradesFaster Updates. So REVIEW!!