InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Trans-Plantation ❯ The Condition ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The elderly lady turned around and looked at me through her uncovered eye, for some reason I felt as if she could see into my soul. Feeling a bit unnerved by the odd feeling I cleared my throat and said “Hi my name is Kagome I'm a new student…”
“I know who ye are child,” interrupted the woman. I shifted nervously as the woman sighed. “You can where what you have on for today but tomorrow I'll expect you to have proper gym clothing. Which means you'll need a pair of short or sweatpants and a T-shirt that adequately covers your body, and a pair of running shoes.” She then handed me a slip of paper with a locker number and combination. I got out of the small space hastily and went into the girl's locker room.
Sango was there and so was Ranko and they were with one of the girls from the day before but I couldn't quite remember her name.
“So what did the teacher say?” Sango asked, I shrugged.
“Nothing important, besides the dress code.”
“Do you need to borrow some clothes? I have an extra outfit that's clean in my locker,” the blue-haired girl looked at me expectantly.
I figured borrowing clothes would be better than chancing a repeat of what had happened that morning, damn short skirt, so I accepted.
We all walked out onto the soccer field five minutes later. I tugged at the shorts, which were just a little too tight, trying to get them to cover more skin.
The teacher made us all run 4 laps around the field and then we played the longest most grueling game of soccer I have ever seen. Koga's team won because he was so incredibly fast and because they had Ranko as a Goalie, but they only beat my team by six points. InuYasha, our team captain, obviously isn't good a losing he seemed pretty peeved.
After all the exercise we were ordered to “hit the showers.” I don't think anyone disagreed with that command. The hot water felt so good after all the running and sweating.
After Gym was lunch.
Miroku met Sango, Ranko, and I at there chosen lunch table and handed be a brown paper sack. I looked at him questioningly.
“Did you think my mom would let you eat the horrendous stuff they serve us here? She realized that we had forgotten our lunches and brought them up, they've been waiting in the office.” Miroku explained.
“Oh…” was my intelligent response. I opened the bulging bag to find a Tupperware bowl containing a turkey sandwich, a package of potato chips, an apple, and another Tupperware container with a slice of chocolate cake. How I loved my Aunt.
“I am so jealous Kagome,” Sango said her eyes fixed on my food. While Sango was drooling over my food InuYasha, Ranma, and Koga sat down with their lunches. Since InuYasha had chosen the spot next to me I looked over to see what he was eating and saw a steaming cup of Cup Noodles, better known as Ramen.
“Where did you get Ramen?” I asked, I hadn't noticed a microwave in the cafeteria.
“I brought them from home and Ri…uh…Ms. Fleur heats the water for me with the coffee pot in her office.” He replied with a shrug as he began consuming the noodles.
“So are you two related then?” I asked, now curious. Ms. Fleur was one of my teachers, English—I think.
“Uh….sorta.” He said in between bites.
“Hey Kagome,” upset at the interruption I glared at my cousin.
“What?”
“Do you want me to grab you a soda from the machine?”
“Yeah….sure.”
“Okay be right back.”
“So Kags what was it like living in California?” Akane, who had just arrived, asked me.
“It was okay I guess. I lived in Northern Cali but I was born in the South. My parents liked the North because of the season changes. It was an okay place to live.” I shrugged, I was rambling, I sounded like an idiot.
Now uncomfortable I turned my attention to eating, and a few moments later Miroku brought me an ice cold bottle of Cherry Coke. I thanked him as he sat the bottle down in front of me. I reached over and grabbed it but before I opened it I caught Miroku's stare from the corner of my eye. I managed to move the bottle to the side of the table just as I heard the fizzing of the Cola. As the sticky brown liquid ran over my fingers, I realized that I had just sprayed cola over someone walking down the aisle between tables.
I looked up and I recognized the person immediately. It was Kikyo.
She looked at me with pure loathing in her eyes and then she looked down at her drenched black pumps. With an quick indrawn breath she did an about face and walked away her back ramrod straight as she navigated the lunchroom. Everyone at the table began laughing and I sent a glare at my smirking cousin, a glare that promised retribution for his treachery.
 
After lunch I had one of my favorite and best subjects English. I found that I loved the class even more because the teacher—I was right it was Ms. Fleur—was so incredibly awesome. Her class seemed to go by too fast, and then I found myself standing in front of a crazy-looking old guy with a bad case of coffee breath.
“So you are the new student, eh…” The old man looked me over and he nodded. Yep he was definitely crazy.
“Well just pick a desk it doesn't matter which one we don't use them much in here. In this class we spend the majority of our time out in the garage.” With that he went back to examining a variety of spark plugs that lay strewn across his desk.
I backed away slowly and found a seat in the middle of the last row. This class to went by quickly, but I seemed to learn more from InuYasha, Ranma, and Kog then I did from Mr. Geezer.
By the time I got to World History I just wanted to go home. In the classroom there was what looked like an old mummy in the corner of the room. I moved closer to it, to get a better look when it began yelling at me in a foreign language. I screamed and backed away, colliding with someone else and landing on the floor. I hopped back to my feet as quickly as possible and moved to help the person I knocked over to their feet. All the while the crazy decrepit mummy was yelling. The person I knocked over was the blue-haired girl—Akane. I smiled in embarrassment and she smiled back.
“Stupid girl, why you cause such trouble.” The old mummy asked finally in English.
“Uh…Hi my name is Kagome Higurashi I'm a new student and….”
“Don't care, take seat, listen maybe you learn something.” With that the old woman turned away and began erasing the chalkboard.
Akane and I went and sat down, and as class began we began to become increasingly bored. Bored almost to the point where banging our heads on the desk was preferable to listening to the mummy drone on and on about the Hammurabi something-or-other.
 
By the time school was over I was hoping that I'd come down with a deadly disease that would prohibit me ever having to go again, but of course once I caught up with Sango and everyone I was feeling better about my first day of school at Lleheloh High.
“So who are we riding with? Koga, Ranma, or Inu?” Ranko asked as we all exited the building.
“Well Inu has a better stereo but also has Miroku as a passenger, Ranma has tons of space and no CD player, While Koga has a decent stereo but only enough space for two people.” Sango said considering the options.
“Keh, it doesn't matter `cuz Kagome is riding with me whether you all or not,” InuYasha said as he walked up. I looked at him and smiled.
“I'm only riding with you on one condition.” I said. He looked wary but curious.
“I get to pick the music.” I said laughing at the look of relief on his gorgeous face.
“Agreed.” He said with that lopsided smirk that I was growing to love. In my peripheral vision I could see the odd looks we were getting from everyone.
“Well if we're going lets go, the sooner we get away from this place the better.” Ranko said walking by us toward InuYasha's truck. Miroku was waiting by the truck for us.
“Hey Miro?” I said looking at my cousin as I opened the cab door.
“Yes, Kaggie?” He asked innocently.
“Keep your hands to yourself, and away from Sango, or the payback you'll be getting for your trick earlier will be ten times worse.” I watched as my cousin fidgeted, and then I climbed the rest of the way in. InuYasha smirked as I flipped through his CD's, I pulled out his Papa Roach CD and popped it in changing the track number to the one I wanted.
Everyone else climbed into the cab and the bed of the truck as the opening lines to the song `scars' began playing.
Not a bad ending to the first and worst day of school I'd ever had.
 
AN!!!!!~~~~~~
Many apologies to my fans, so sorry for the wait.
I know excuses don't make up for it but I just got busy and then I got in that zone where you don't write. Hopefully I'm over that now.
Sorry to all of you.
Thank you for your devotion. It makes me feel all warm and fluffy inside….wait…Sesshy what are you doing in there!!! O.o
LOL
REVIEW!!!!!! even if you hated it.