InuYasha Fan Fiction / S-CRY-ed Fan Fiction ❯ Yabai! ❯ Ch2 Black and White ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Soriana: -hiding in closet with baseball bat and a flash light- Man what is it with plot Bunnies and Yaoi-san…. -twitches hearing scrapping at the closet door- OO
 
Yaoi-san: -opens the closet, gets hit by the bat, passes out- @.@
 
Soriana: -chuckles- Well since the plot bunnies are at bay for the moment I need to get Yaoi-san an ice pack. I suppose the disclaimer will have to be done by a Bishonen, preferably maybe Sesshoumaru! -walks down the stairs while Sesshou dose disclaimer-
 
Sesshoumaru: -walks into Soriana's room and stands- She dosen't own any Inu Yasha or Scryed characters, only Yaoi-san.
 
Soriana: -walks back into her room and puts the ice pack on Yaoi-sans face- Thanks Sesshoumaru. -glomps, gets thrown to the floor by a plot bunny- OO
 
Sesshoumaru: - leaves-
 
Soriana: -sighs- Anyway I no own so you no sue
 
I know in the series the forest place were Kazuma meets the strange black and white alter guy is destroyed, but in my story it wasn't, the forest just got scared a lot. The alter animals how ever will not be coming back; I'm replacing them with mystical beasts. Also this is after the whole series. Enjoy! ^o^
 
Yabai!
 
Ch2 Black and White
 
Kagome walked off into the wilderness with a sunrise behind her; oh this is cliché she thought holding Shippou cradled in her arms. The boy moaned his head lolling to the side as she smiled the small eyes of the young kitsune boy shot open as he tried to voice his opinion, tears made there way out of his eyes as he latched onto her making her fall from the impact.
 
“Mama, your all right! We were all so worried about you cause you disappeared in a ball of light!” The child's mouth was going light speed but thanks to being around Rin for some time she understood what Shippou was saying. Wrapping her arms about the boy again she hugged him close while making circles on his back soothing him in a way only a mother could do.
 
So Kagome laid on her back with the child clinging to her, the yellow pack on her shoulder flung some where behind her forgotten for the moment.
 
“It's alright sweetie I'm here and won't leave you again. Now come on we need to get going this morning, I'll tell you what happened once we find my old home okay.” Smiling at the little tear stained face in her arms she sat up using one arm to prop herself into a sitting position and got up fully onto her legs. Turning around she could only stare, the sky looked as though it was painted with yellows fading into oranges and mixing with the reds that danced across the sky like a ballerina, soft fluffy clouds skirted across the painting like sun rise as finally the sun itself came up. She could any gasp in aw then hold her breath as half of the sun rose its golden rays reaching her as she remembered a friend who had those color eyes but chuckled she had an eye that color as well.
 
Shippou mean while stared at the sun rise as well loving the sound his mother made when she chuckled it made him very happy that she was not sad but pressing forward.
 
“Well let's get going.” She said to him while stooping over to pick up a yellow pack slinging it over her shoulder, Shippou smiled scrambling to sit on her other shoulder while she laughed at his antics. He couldn't seem to sit on the shoulder with long lanky limbs and frowned.
 
“It's an illusion, you still have your pawed hands and feet. I wanted to make sure people weren't afraid of us both.” Reaching over she hugged the boy to her chest giggling softly while he snuggled into her.
 
Kagome began her walking again while the child in her arms slept she knew he would fall asleep in her grasp, he had done so many times in the past with the shard hunting group. So she took this time to look around while the wind nipped at the black coattail whipping it about getting dusty from the sand her boots kicked up.
 
The surrounding area was nothing but the wilds for the most part, how in the hell was she supposed to find her house in this? With that in mind she remembered her mother said she needed a day to restore energy before her training would begin so she had some time to find her old house.
 
As far as the eye could see was the wilds of large out cropping rocks, the shapes and colors varied from one to another as Kagome came upon a large boulder. She ran a free hand along its side, the dark brown almost black color was amazing, it had stripes of other colors along with it: white, light brown, it was as if this boulder was made from the bottom of a lake that was once here in this very spot. The rock itself spoke volumes to her, she saw thin lines the signs of drought and the thick lines signs of a bountiful year it was like the rocks were trees in some way. Though being a silver kitsune she was easily close to nature, more so to green plants then to rocks but she felt the energy of nature; so calming to her whole soul singing to her to go on and be happy.
 
“Thank you.” She voiced to the spirits in nature that spurred her on as she took her hand away, walking on past the boulders to see more rocks and out crops looming in her wake.
 
She had walked over a mountain, or at least that's what she thought it was though it was a little rocky and carrying a sleeping child in ones hands while trying to climb was a bit strange.
 
Getting to the top of the mountain like hill she slipped falling hard, she cradled Shippou to her chest wrapping her body around the child like a shield as her body twisted and turned, at one point something sharp bit into her shoulder as she let out a hiss of pain. Once her body stopped falling she opened her eyes not noticing she closed them in the first place, her heart beat in her chest as she took in the appearance of the green clearing. Half of it was burnt on the ground; three long gashes scared the earth's crusty surface that dug quite a few feet into the ground. Fallen trees were scattered, plants charred to a crisp and becoming dust, her head hurt when all the vegetations energies came together in a crying shriek of pain. The sound seemed to echo in her head simultaneously as she stood from her crouching position; the only thing intact seemed to be a large tree. She gasped it was so large, even bigger around then Goshinkobou. The energy from that tree how ever drew her into walking forwards to take a closer look and maybe even touch the tree.
 
In front of the large ancient tree was a circular pond with the clearest crystal water one could ever hope to exist. She even though thirsty didn't take a sip because knowing from personal experience sometimes things like water could be a trap; it happened a few times she was younger and more naive then the others to the dangers of demons.
 
Orbs of gray black floated over the pond like structure as if guarding it from the prying eyes of people who got in through the thick vegetation that was now trying to regrow from the dust that settled. They just floated there over the water with out a care and she knew those were souls of human and demon; though she felt human in them but it was sort of like a hanyou but not. Instead of demonic it felt more like a powerful human with super abilities then a hanyou, a half human half demon.
 
“So their super human souls, dose anyone guard the water and the tree?” She never expected an answer nor a person as bright rainbow colored light blinded her for a second, as that happened she held the child in her hands closely wrapping herself about the child again to make sure he didn't get hurt.
 
Once the lights faded and the dust settled she unwrapped her self from the little boy in her hands, he mumbled something whinning and whimpering with the lose of her close to him. Little hands clutched the front of her shirt brining his head back to rest between the crux of her breasts. With a reluctant sigh she took off her yellow pack and placed the child on it, the cloths were packed on top so it would act as a cushion. Just for safely measures she put up a see through blue shield to protect what little family she had left and she wasn't about to lose her son.
 
A keening wail pierced her ears as she finally got to take a look at the settling dust on the other side of the pond, there in front of the tree stood a strange looking thing it felt like man yet wasn't, it looked demonic yet didn't have the aura of one. The keening wail rose again from the throat of the strange thing as she took another look at the strange sight.
 
It wore some kind of hard armor, not metal because this stuff didn't gleam when the sun hit it at an angle. The armor on its left arm was black with a streaming cloud of black clinging to the lower arm area, while on the right arm the armor was white with a black cloud located in the same area on the arm as the left. The chest plates, hip, and full leg armor was a tan brown color winding down the legs like thin bones attaching themselves to secure the blackness underneath the armor that seemed like nothing and yet it called to her like the tree. Another thing that was strange was that on this thing there were three spheres, on the left pectoral was a black one, the right pectoral housed a red one, and as if the thing had a belt about its waist that's were the blue one was at. Last was the way the things supposed hair defied gravity by being behind some sort of tan brown crown, she thought that it reminded her of hair but wasn't sort of. It that black streaming stuff that was on the lower arm, it flared like a black fire as she watched entranced for a moment while it started to move forward towards her.
 
She stood stalk still at the moment, eyes getting wide as her legs froze her in place. It jumped over the pond and landed couching in front of her as the pupils in her eyes got smaller the blue tint in her eyes changing with her mood.
 
Another keening wail from the thing snapped her out of being scared as she backed up; it watched her intently walking forward. Its hand shot out grabbing a hold of her shoulder while she touched the right arm of this thing shocking it with miko energy, it suddenly let her go and stared at her with glowing white eyes.
 
“Do you want something?” she asked in a harsh voice, as the call that pulled her forward got stronger, with speed only a demon could possess she was scooped into the arms of the Black and White thing. It jumped over the pond again as she struggled kicking at it and screaming to be put down, she however didn't notice it had sat her down until she felt a tree root with her hand and hit it. With a hiss she brought her hand to her heart blinking at the Black and White thing that brought her to the tree.
 
“You took me to the tree…thank you…” she whispered appalled about the screaming as she walked over to him, apparently the thin armor that wrapped around the lower part of the left side was broken, she reached out a hand to take his into her own she didn't see the thing wince. It did try to bring its hand back; so then she thought how am I supposed to heal armor?
 
That question was answered as he yanked his arm back and held it out for her to show the armor was repairing itself.
 
“Okay, I'm sorry.” She said semi smiling at that way the guy couldn't make a face but she understood the curt nod being around Sesshoumaru had its advantages in this instant.
 
Walking away from the Black and White guy in armor she headed over to the large tree, climbing the rocky soil and a few of the large roots she stood there staring in awe at the large tree as soothing energy swirled around her. She closed her eyes taking it in, she absorbed some of the trees energy and got no complaint from the tree itself only a small tingling sensation in the back of her mind.
 
This time she touched the bark, brushing a hand softly across its soft expanses a name suddenly came to her, as her eyes got wide in disbelief. This ancient tree that had twists and turns in its own bark was in fact Goshinkobou, she read the energy signature again her miko energy brushing against the familiar demon aura that still lingered.
 
“I found home…” she whispered looking at the tree, running around it to the other side to see the house was gone, the steps that lead up to the shrine lead up to the back of the tree instead while foliage grew and covered the old shed over the year that wasn't there anymore, she sighed probably rotted away.
 
With a sigh and the spring gone in her step she retreated to the front of the tree, she couldn't hold back the tears anymore. So much happened in one day that her emotional state was like a damn and burst at that moment.
 
Stumbling over to the ponds edge she cried, a soft keen came from the Black and White thing. She didn't even notice when it took her into its arms nor that Shippou was awake at that time screaming.
 
The shield that held Shippou broke once Kagome started crying, she was being rocked back and forth by something the boy didn't know what but was worried for her.
 
“Mama!” he had awoken to the sound of his mother crying and the shield being taken down, there was a strange thing holding her and thought that was the cause of her crying. So with as much strength as the little guy could muster up he jumped over the circular pond landing next to them both.
 
He glared at the thing while it looked at him with shiny white eyes, it moved an arm out of the way for the child to cling to his mother.
 
“What's wrong mama?” he asked as the woman wrapped her arms around the child and cried into his rusty red colored hair, he felt the water and sighed shushing her like he had done with her earlier on in the morning and saying soothing words to her. She hiccupped a few times before the wailing sobs died down to nothing but her shaking while the child still wondered what the hell the thing was that was hugging his mother.
 
Puffing out his chest to look bigger he glared at the armor clad thing and asked in an intimating voice; well one he thought was so.
 
“What do you want with my mother?” It looked at him a deep keening wail came from it as his only answer, thus his mother spoke.
 
“He can only make that sound, he can't talk.” She whispered while snuggling the tiny kitsune in her grasp. The child moved in her arms so his back was to her chest and rested his head against her chest.
 
“Why were you crying?” he asked as she looked down on him, a long piece of inky raven colored hair fell over her shoulder and in to the awaiting arms of the child she held onto at the moment.
 
“Shippou were not in my time, this is another plain of the place where I used to live. We can't go back to the Feudal Era honey this is our home.” She gestured to the scared forest, the child shivered for he couldn't hear the voices of the forest but he could feel it.
 
Kagome tightened her hold on the child and sighed plopping her head in his hair. Silence stretched on for some time before Shippou broke it.
 
“You're avoiding my question mama, why were you crying?” A deep sigh escaped her lips coming out ruffling the soft rusty red hair.
 
“My family isn't here any more sweetie, they're gone now. Dead most likely and the shrine itself is gone being replaced with Goshinkobou growing and growing into the large tree behind us. I'm not sure what this guy is or even if it is a guy but he's not bad, he's sort of like Kirara except not a cat and a lot more powerful.” She looked into the black void of the face were white eyes stared unblinking at her as she smiled nodding to him to let her go, with much reluctance on the Black and White things part it let her go.
 
That's when it began to disappear though Kagome knew it would be back. Shippou how ever blinked at the rainbow colored light being dispelled from the things body as nothing now stood in the place of it.
 
“Will it be back?” he asked getting out of the arms of Kagome who nodded her head.
 
“Yes he will but when exactly I don't know.” She giggled, this time instead of walking around she jumped over and crouched at the other end going towards the forest to where her yellow pack sat and picked it up.
 
“Look like I found home.” She muttered going to the other end of the pond and scooping up Shippou, today they would look around for a place to start digging or maybe they would find the old house and add on to some things to it to fit what they wanted. After that was done she would walk around the rest of the forest seeing what kinds of plants there were, and maybe see if there was civilization so she could buy plant seeds, this place would live again she swore by it.
 
With that settled she took Shippou to the back of the huge tree as they looked around vegetation.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
A loud noise sounded within the walls of a room, a few people stumbled into the room knocking each other with a chorused yell of warnings.
 
“Hey get off my ass!”
 
“Stop touching me there!”
 
“Pervert!” a slap sounded as a hand connected to flesh while the other bodies on the floor wriggled.
 
“Ah get off me you bafoons!”
 
First to get up was a girl, she had hair to the bottom of her shoulder blades with two pieces that were always in the front, and the color was a dull black. Her honey brown eyes looked over a monitor reading what was on the scanner. She was wearing gray sleep shorts and a spaghetti strap gray shirt to match with a fluffy white sheep face on the front.
 
“Mimori what was that about?” asked a voice as a boy came walking into the room side stepping the pile of three bodies on the floor looking back at them with a chuckle, it looked like some one tripped and it had a domino effect on the others behind the first, apparently Mimori was the first to recover and get to the monitors.
 
This boy had short purple hair that was currently wet and the fact that it hung in his face was proof enough of him rushing out of the shower; however not clad in a towel but a pair of blue denim pants with a bit of his under garment showing while rivulets of water trailed down his muscles.
 
Dark green eyes took in the energy-reading signature on the monitor and sighed pulling up a rolling chair to sit in.
 
“There was a high energy signature.” She said in a high soft voice as she twisted some knobs and flicked up some switches to make sure a copy of it was made as the other three came in mumblings things.
 
Next in was a guy, who had flaming red orange hair with a streak of silver through the middle of it walked into the room with a red t-shirt and some gray sweat pants on while sauntering over to the screen to take a look as well; with a smirking grin his dark blue eyes lit up with mirth as he called out to the woman in the chair.
 
“Good morning Miss Minori.” He teased as the girl huffed glaring at him with chipmunk cheeks full of air; he chuckled when she finally spoke.
 
“It's Mimori, Cougar.” Grunting at that bit of vice in her voice he backed off going back out the door for a shower, he could come back in later and get the skinny of what happened.
 
After Cougar left the next person that walked in sighed messaging his temple with a hand. His short aqua locks hugged his face as the silky hair was at the moment messed up from being knocked to the floor by a shorter boy. Dark brown eyes opened when the light invaded the orbs blinding him slightly as a headache threatened to start he sighed leaning against the wall waiting for the last person to get inside so this energy signature reading could be done so he could get back to business. He had training to do with that thought he grunted pulling up gray sweat pants.
 
The last person stumbled in his hair also in a messy state but the thick mass of dark blue fuzzy hair was always messed up. He looked up into the waiting faces of the remaining team from Holy, he was currently pulling up a pair of dark grey pj shorts that kept dropping from his hip. When he was satisfied that it wouldn't drop any time soon he came up behind Tachibana to look closer at the monitor reading, black eyes getting a bit wide from the information thus far.
 
“Alright I believe we have never encountered an energy like this before, strange as it may seem this isn't just any old alter boys.” Mimori said while biting her lower lip and letting it sink in while she rolled over to a computer clicking the mouse and moving it around on a pad while typing on the keys lightly the clickty click sound bringing all three males in the room back to the present matter at hand.
 
“Its is an alter user, but something more, much more. The energy level is past any alter users in the main land.” When she said this the boy who leaning against the wall grunted now standing behind her when his eyebrow rose.
 
“You think it's a demon?” The sound of his voice was right next to her ear as she frowned at the question but nodded. The other two in the room came over one looking over her left shoulder, her right shoulder was already preoccupied by the current guy and smallest just stood staring at her back waiting for her to continue.
 
“Yes Ryuhou, it seems this energy signature is strange. What else would you call it a D class alter?” it seemed D class wasn't achievable until Ryuhou and Kazuma reached the peak of their powers defeating Mujo with there greatest attacks.
 
“I'll have to find this person and see for myself, if that is all Mimori I'm going to go do my training.” With that said the aqua haired boy left silently while the smaller boy walked over to her other side looking at the computer monitor.
 
“So how do you know it's a demon Mimori?” Eelian asked reading the monitor not seeing what the big fuss was about, it could be another D class alter just Ryuhou and Kazuma. That's when he wondered were the other was, maybe he was still in his sleeping quarters? Or maybe he was scouting, who knows with that one he dose what wants.
 
“Well the energies are different from that of a regular alter. I might be wrong but who knows different kinds of alter users do exist.” With a shrug she got up from the computer heading out the door to her own sleeping quarters to start her day with a nice hot shower and some coffee before going back into that stuffy little room.
 
Leaving the other two to just look at each other and shrug they went off there own ways, one going to his room just as the girl and the other heading off to get a shirt.
 
Mimori sighed as the warm water cascaded down her back, tense muscles relaxed while being kneaded by the message spray nosle on the showerhead. She started to wash her hair thinking back to when they had fought Mujo, she really thought Ryuhou was dead she loved him like a brother while others though she was in love with him. Giggling at that thought she put her head under the water combing her hand through it to get the bubbly white shampoo out.
 
Turning around she reached out for some conditioner and messaged it into her scalp, the civilization beyond the main land was destroyed, and the city within was gone and now they all lived in or around the main land with alter users. Only a few alters from Holy survived the whole Mujo incident as she sighed her fingers stopping the trail in her hair as tears gathered at the corners of her brown eyes.
 
The Holy building wouldn't be built again and it was decided that all that lived within the confines of the city should start a new life and try to live on the land like the native people. They were reluctant to help but Kazuma helped them to trust others again, to trust Holy. Shireece would have liked it this way, the people getting together and she could have had Ryuhou as well but it was not to be because that girl died saving the aqua haired teens life by giving him all of her alter energy to save him. That's why he was living today, walking and talking but he still held a grudge or was that stoic face a façade to hide the emotional turmoil raging in his soul?
 
She didn't know and didn't want to know at the moment they needed to send some one out into the wilds to find out where the energy was coming from. Getting out of the shower she pulled a fluffy cream-colored towel off a wrack and wrapped it about herself tying it off. Going into her room she went over to an oak chest opening a drawer and taking out a random outfit.
Dark blue denim jeans that flared at the bottom were accented with bleached on white hearts, her shirt was a light blue with a large white heart in the middle with black words in script that said `Don't Break My Heart', while the cut of the neck was a V with short sleeves. She donned white flip-flops while brushing her semi-wet hair and sweeping it up into a low ponytail. With that done she walked back down the corridor to the small computer and monitor room.
 
The whole thing was actually a tin can; well that's what she called it. They were using at the moment a Holy Assault Vehicle or a HAV, as they so love to call them. It has three levels; the first level is for bedrooms and the monitor room she sat in now. Each bedroom had a bed, oak furniture, and a mirror in the built in bathroom, which had a full bathtub, a sink, and a toilet.
 
The second level was were the driver of this metal house drove, it wasn't like a regular car. She had been up there a few times seeing all these strange computers built into the wall, a stethoscope to look out into the wilderness for trouble makers, switches, gauges, a steering wheel much like a ships but it was all metal instead of wood. The person had to stand and had a large TV in front of them; as soon as the key was put in the TV would light up and show what was outside. The thing was amazingly stick shift, how in the world that could be she didn't know.
 
The third level, the last, and top was the kitchen/dinning room where people could help themselves to make some food or get a drink. Mostly the only time they saw each other was when she and Tachibana made dinner for the hungry masses of their friends because they didn't know how to cook properly. That's why the cabinets and pantry was stocked with Ramen, pocky, cereal, and other things you could eat on the go or make in a quick second.
 
That's when her stomach rumbled its complaint as she looked at the clock on the computer, it seemed she spaced out a bit while typing up a report about this morning and it was already noontime. With another strange growl from her stomach she left the report half done to go to the kitchen for some grub.
 
Ryuhou growled gutturally as his hand chopped a dummy made of pillows, tape, and a wooden stick stuck in the ground for him to practice on; for good measure he drew a face on it with red marker. Red reminded him of Kazuma's hair and that's what spurred him into another combination of a chop, then dropping to the ground he kicked out at the part of wood on the bottom of the dummy that could still be seen and smashed his foot through it breaking the thing.
 
“Damnit.” He cursed under his breath as he pulled his white muscle shirt off, the day was getting warm, some times it was so hot that it seemed he would choke on the air breathed.
 
Sweat trickled down his face and body, curving over the hard muscles of his pecks and continuing down ward to his six pack and being absorbed into the spandex like pants that he used to wear with his Holy outfit, he still had the shirt/coat but kept that in his drawer most the time and only used the pants for training or he would use his black denim jeans, and dark blue t-shirt.
 
He sighed taking a break because he had been up since 9:00AM this morning getting ready to come out here to train when the beeping of the monitor went off. Of course Mimori was the first one there before the door when Ryuhou couldn't stop and damnit he forgot to take off his socks. The floors in this tin tub were like wood. So he skidded to a halt with himself falling over because of one: the metallic floor being slidable, and two: the fact that no one cleaned up with him tripping over a pen which sent him sprawling into Mimori causing her to fall and the commotion having sent two more bodies to add to the pile.
 
So now here he was after all that sitting in the dirt, needing another wooden post so he could beat the crap out of a pillow person calling it training. Maybe next time sparing would be a good idea he thought picking up his sweaty white muscle shirt and going back inside leaving the pillow dummy to fend for itself for the moment.
 
A blast of cool air danced across his skin making goose flesh arise all over, he shivered as a current of electricity went up his back. Shaking it off he walked over to the stairs and started to climb, with the technological advances one would think to put an elevator in this thing he thought jogging up the steps two at time and reaching the top in a span of ten minutes. Breathing in deeply he brought as much air into his lungs as possible, while swiping his hand over a sweaty face.
 
He saw some one in the kitchen already, he couldn't tell who it was from here and shrugged it off if the person wanted to talk they could.
 
Striding forward he went to the large fridge grabbing a water bottle and an apple while he plopped down on a stool bench, a collective gasp came from the other occupant.
 
“Well looks like the pillow dummy got the best of you again.” The female voice said giggling, he looked up to see Mimori with chopsticks in hand ramen noodles halfway out of the Styrofoam cup while trying to stifle the erupting giggle that threatened to come forth again.
 
“As always the dummy wins…” he growled taking a vicious bite of the apple some of the soft white flesh flying towards the island they sat at and some of the red skin falling to the floor.
 
A towel came flying at the unsuspecting boy as it collided with his head, he looked around to see the girl had moved and threw it from over near the stove, which wasn't far from where he sat. A raised eyebrow was the only thing she would get at the moment as he took another bite of the fruit in his hand.
 
“Your getting sweat all over the counter, floor and God knows you got it in the refrigerator Ryuhou.” She said in a sisterly tone while he just glared at her but took the towel anyway and wiped his face, pecks, and abs.
 
He watched as Mimori made her way back to her seat but didn't sit down, she gathered her Ramen cup and started to walk away when he closed his eyes and asked a question.
 
“Who's going to see about the energy surge that happened this morning?” he heard the flip-flops stop making there mucky like sound as silence ensued for a few moments before she started to talk, it seemed she needed a few minutes to collect herself.
 
“Hmm I don't know, you or Kazuma could do it but I'm not sure where that boy went off to. I suppose if you want to go check it out then be my guest.” With that said he could hear her shoes making that strange nose walking around the corner and down to the first level most likely.
 
He sighed chewing on the piece of fruits core because he had finished it off, he really didn't like apple seeds but they some how seemed to like to sneak into the fleshy part of the apple. With a snort of distaste he tossed the apple into the trash bin and grabbed his water, he would go check out where the energy was coming from besides it was boring here doing nothing but training anyway. With a smirk he trotted downstairs to his room where he promptly took a warm shower.
 
After getting prunny from his shower Ryuhou got out and wrapped a white towel around his now clean form, he smelled like cologne because he used a certain type of soap.
 
Stepping into the bedroom he opened the oak dresser he had and pulled out his black pants, dark blue shirt, a brown cloak, and some black shoes. He also wrapped his arms in bandages while trying to brush wet locks out of his face and seeing as the cow lick in the back wouldn't go away he used a secret stash of hair gel. With one last look in the mirror he nodded his own approval and walked out of the HAV into the sunny afternoon.
 
Eelian really didn't have much to do but to change his cloths since he took a shower earlier and sighed pulling on a purple t-shirt and some black shorts. Sitting on his bed with his legs pulled up to the chest and chin resting on the knees he began to think.
 
It wasn't long ago when he used to have a father, Martin Jigmar one of the first ever alter users assigned to Holy. Before any alter user went into the Holy unit it was just human beings acting like policemen with the wooden beaters and the tazores. Holy used to be an honorable place for people to work but soon that became inevitable, people with so called birth defects began to pop up around the city. So they either killed the child in the hospital or they left the child to its own devises in the wilderness, Ryuhou and a few others were lucky because they didn't seem to have the symptoms of what the doctors called back then `Alter Syndrome'. A few years passed and with that the president of the city, the next in line made a new law that each child with the `Alter Syndrome' would live as long as they didn't harm people.
 
Studies started with the first few alter users as children; they grew up and died in the Holy building not having the time to go out into the sunlight again.
 
Eelian sighed shakily, a silent tear streaking down a creamy white cheek as he saw his father laying on the ground after Ryuhou had fought him. So fragile yet so strong, how could he hold the fact that he was so old and wrinkly from them all, was it an illusion? Was that his power? No one really knew what alter ability he had except for Ryuhou. Even now that voice stilled echoes in his head.
 
“Eelian, I'm sorry for not being a good father to you. My dearest son even if you were created from my DNA.”
 
When his father had said that he couldn't help but be shocked at first, then the devastating blow came when he saw the color his fathers skin was, the way his breath hitched in the old mans throat and tiredness that leaked into those once proud black eyes that now held no shinning light as his fiery soul flickered out slowly, a dieing ember of a once large pitted bond fire that burned brightly with the hope. He took his last breathes of air before saying something he couldn't say, all he could pick up was the I love you part, then he died quietly, quickly, and nobly not like a King no, Jigmar wasn't even a King but a Knight in the game called life. Even Eelian himself knew he wasn't a knight, but a pawn, Tachibana was more suited to the Knight piece, Mimori was more suited for Queen, and for Bishop none because Kazuma and Ryuhou fought for the title of King in this instant. But who to place on the board as black or white? They were all white, the good guys in this game but then again who were the black pieces, the evil that felt like it never left the world yet?
 
He shivered at that thought, but it was true evil never truly is gone. Something bigger and worse will come even though Mujo is dead. What he didn't know, when he didn't, whom again he didn't know but he did know this he would keep a look out for anything out of the ordinary.
 
His stomach rumbled, he forgot to eat breakfast but he really didn't feel like eating anything at the moment and sighed; depression was such a bitch. With that he fell onto the bed back first and sprawled out his limbs trying to sleep.
 
Sitting in his cart car putting the key to ignition and turning it the cart car started as Tachibana made a visit to the local town to make a house call on a sick person. He and Mimori always made house calls to these people, would have been nice of Kanami would of lived to see them doing this, that little girl could have made something of herself with the alter she had held. He loved it when she laughed, loved it when he got hugs from her and Kazuma would glare she would hit him on the hand and scold the older boy with a look and the nickname she gave him, Kazu-kun. She was a joy to be around, the little spark in his life that made living in a dusty bowl like this worth living. What irked him the most is why nothing ever grew out here was the soil not fertile enough for plants? He knew it rained because he lived her for about three months, spring is almost over and summer is taking over. It seemed to get super dry around here so he carries water bottles in the cart car, for himself and for others if they need it.
 
The entrance to the village was in his line of vision as a smile came to his face, soon he parked the cart car at the entrance and walked on in while older people greeted him with a smile or a wave, children giggled in the dusty street playing with a red colored ball with three patched up holes in it with tuck tape. They kicked it all around, in a group of four or more he couldn't them all because they were moving, one of the children how ever recognized him and zoomed over to him looking like a blue blur.
 
The breath was knocked out of Tachibana as he was glomped by a small boy, picking up the clinging boy from his leg he hugged the boy lightly and set him back on the ground as he received a gap toothed smile in return.
 
“How are you doing Jack?” he asked getting down on one knee while the boy raised his blue shirt to show him a small stomach with stitches reaching from the belly button up to the right nipple in a jagged line. The flesh was still a bit pink but was healing nicely, he nodded to the boy as he put the shirt down and smiled again.
 
“Your healing up great, do you hurt any where?” with that the child nodded telling him his belly button itched, he chuckled which got him a small glare from the child as he reached into his med pack to bring out some anti-itch cream. He handed the small canister to the child who took it with wide eyes, sky blue eyes looked into dark green as if asking a silent question to that the older nodded and ruffled shaggy dark brown hair.
 
“Take just a dab of that and put it on your belly button Jack, it'll help with the itching. I need to get going buddy but I'll see you when I get back from a new patient okay?” the boy nodded solemnly but brightened up when his mom came out and he chattered to her about how he got this thing of anti-itch cream from his best friend in the whole world, the woman chuckled taking the cream and smiling at Tachibana nodding her head in thanks. After his own nod Tachibana made his way through the small village past fruit stands, a few stalls selling meat, news papers, cloth from different parts of the world or so they say. He heard the yelling of stall venders with the backdrop of children running around playing, the noises were a comfort to him while he kept up a brisk pace.
 
He stood before a wooden door and rapted twice, an old woman with gray blue eyes looked at him and stepped aside for him to enter.
 
“So how long has she been sick?” he asked as she lead him to a family room with a couch and a small girl who was deathly pale, he walked closer to her seeing her skin was the color of the grandmothers eyes that didn't bode well for this child.
 
“ She's been sick for a few months.” The grandmother rasped out, her voice was crackly a little from the age she was as a old man made his way into the room with a frown and pulled the older woman into his embrace as she cried.
 
“You must be the doctor.” He presumed as Tachibana sighed putting his ears against her chest and furrowing his brow, the heartbeat was a bit irregular but the lungs sounded strange as if it was full of something.
 
“How old is she and what happen to her?” he turned around as he looked at the old couple as the old woman started to talk.
 
“She was dropped off by her mother because she had financial problems and had to sell the house. She asked us to look after her so we took her in, she didn't tell us the condition of the child until she dumped her on us and left.” The voice hitched a bit as more tears slipped from her old eyes, the tracks filling in the wrinkles with salty wetness.
 
“I see, I'll do that best I can.” He inquired while digging into his med pack, the pack was a warn out old brown back pack but it served it's purpose to bring medicine to and from villages and towns scattered around the main land.
 
He took out a needle and syringe along with some rubbing alcohol and a cotton. He took the dirty button up shirt unbuttoning it so he could get a better look at the chest, two prominent bulges in the chest confirmed what he couldn't see the lungs were filled with some kind of liquid or blood, he was hopping it wasn't that later. With a prayer to God and the swipe of the cotton he pushed the needle into the first lung puncturing it slightly as the syringe filled up with a cloudy gray substance. The old couple behind him made two noses: a gasp and a grunt of approval or disapproval he didn't know or care at the moment. So once the syringe was almost full he connected a tube to it and the liquid went up the tube and out into a pan the old woman got for him so he could leak the child's lungs so she could breath.
 
It was a task that took awhile and once the first ling was leaked he did the second one, which was just as agonizingly slow as the first lung. An hour and a half later he was done with that part, now he had to bring out his alter to heal the puncture wounds on the lungs and the small pine pricks he had made on her skin.
 
Concentrating he called forth eight spherical green balls called `Eternally Eight', four of the green glowing spheres sunk into her flesh as the woman gasped looking away, the old man growled at him but he refused to lose focus. Closing his eyes he concentrated his powers into the girl healing the small puncture wounds he had to make in her lungs, slowly the skin began rebuilding muscles around the lungs it took 40 minutes to do each one because when patching up something like this the smallest mistake would mean a scar or killing the patient.
 
Once that was done the four spheres came from out of the girls body as they circled around each small cut, the little trickle of blood got absorbed back into the body and the small needle pricks were gone.
 
Perspiration had broken out on his face as he wiped the back of his hand on his face while sitting his bottom on the floor from crouching on his legs this whole time. The spheres went away once he was done, turning around he got a fist to the face, a small trickle of blood dribbled down his nose and into his mouth. Sighing he could taste the metallic tang of the life substance, he wiped his nose off with the back of his sleeve and started to pack up his supplies.
 
“You're an alter you ass! You could of killed her, your not a doctor are you!?” it was supposed to be a yell but it came out more raspy and old then intended.
 
“I'm a healer and yes I'm alter user but dose that make any difference? Look at your grandchild now.” He said while they looked away from him at the little girl with short blond hair, her chest rose and fell with even breathes. Her face for once wasn't twisted in pain but a slight smile and a sigh of contempt as she moved rolling over on the couch small pink cream-colored hands pulled the blanket closer to the small frame.
 
Tachibana had walked away while they watched the child but smiled because he had saved another life, another child would live because he used his alter powers to aid him in healing. With a spring in his step he went out the front of the house, he noticed as he went back out the front that it was a general store of some sort. Something like Jacks parents have except this was a cloth shop, there's was a food general store with a few items here and there for sale.
 
Jack promptly greeted him again by another running glomp as he made his way down the dusty street to the playing kids again.
 
“Mom said you could come in for lunch Tachi!” the child squealed in delight as he nodded his head yes being pulled by a small hand to the food general store.
 
Once inside he was pulled to back where a table sat with sandwiches, and drinks, his mother was sitting there sewing some clothes humming a tune. She looked up at the sound of feet a smile on her face at seeing him and her little guy as she liked to call him.
 
“Mom were is daddy?” the child asked stuffing a turkey sandwich in his mouth and taking a gulp of water from a glass.
 
“He'll be gone for a while little guy. He said he would get you a present once he gets back from that forgiven country okay?” He watched her pat Jacks head as the boy sighed, but brightened up when she began talking to him.
 
“So how's the newest patient of Mr. Asuka?” he blanched a bit as he took a bite out of a ham sandwich with honey mustard spread, cheese, lettuce and tomato. He noticed it was his favorite kind as was the plain turkey the little guy's favorite as well; he smiled after gulping down the yummy treat.
 
“She's doing fine, it seems her mother had just dropped her off like baggage. Children are to be cherished I think, they bring much joy to ones life.” He said taking another bite out of his food while the woman nodded her head with a smile and sparkles in her eyes. She got back to sewing as the two ate making idle chatter about games, the other older patients he had treated and the new friends Jack was trying to make.
 
After the sandwiches were inhaled they got to each have a chocolate cookie with milk, Tachibana politely refused the milk he really didn't like it and opted for a glass of water instead. After about another hour or so of talking he stood up ruffling Jacks hair and picking up his med bag.
 
“I got to go champ, time for me to report back to Mimori.” He smiled as the boy frowned but nodded hugging his leg tightly as he peeled the boy.
 
“Promise to come visit like I have been okay Jack, later Mrs. Smith thanks for the lunch and cookie it was really good.” A slight blush accumulated on her cheeks staining them pink as she nodded and waved good-bye in the door way as he went on his way.
 
The cart car was where he left it with a heavy burden lifted and a full stomach full of good food he drove back to the HAV to report in what had happened to the only female in the group. That's when he forgot, he didn't ask for a name oh well he would ask later when he went back to check up on the girl to make sure her vitals and lungs were working okay.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Luck seemed to be on Kagome and Shippou's sides because they found a cavern with many large room like spaces that could opt for a home, though the biggest room would be the dojo and weapons room they needed space to practice and she didn't want to do it in the forest. She wanted the forest to heal first before she and her son tore it up, so a dojo would be made.
 
The cavern was a good find because all the way in the back was a hot spring, she had almost jumped in, she hadn't seen a spring in awhile and wanted a bath so bad but right now wasn't the time. She chided herself about that, then began to wonder around the caves interior again finding the passages to the second most smallest caves were a good size like a bedroom, three of them seemed to be lined up with one another; those were dubbed the bedrooms though she didn't think the Black and White guy wanted a room but it would be made into one anyway if he ever wanted it.
 
Last was a medium sized part were she could fit a metal stove in there to make it a kitchen connecting to living room where she should go looking for chairs or titomi mats.
 
So the rest of the morning was busy with her and Shippou cleaning the caves whole interior, moving rocks, pine straw that found its way in there, ushering a family of mice out of her room while Shippou found tree branches and things in the other spaces cleaning them out.
 
By the after noon a collection of random woodsy objects were set outside the cave entrance, with a collective sigh Kagome flopped down on the ground and groaned while Shippou rustled around in her pack throwing her a water bottle. Her hand shot up and caught it as she drank her fill thinking of a way to get furniture out here. Well some how she would get the stuff out here and they would live in a cave, sigh their not cave men she thought frowning but what else could be done? Her wooden house was gone, so they had to make do with what nature provided, with the exception of furniture, mattress's, and a metal stove that worked by putting logs in it and burning them.
 
The only good thing that came of this was the fact that so many trees had fallen or been bushed down during kind of attack sp she could make shelf's, maybe a four poster bed, some chairs and tables but the tables she should be able to get at a village if there as one here.
 
With another defeated sigh she put her arm over her face over closed eyes, she felt as pair of arms holding her and a low keen from the one, the only Black and White thing. She removed her arm and cracked open an eye to smile at thing thoughtfully, when she moved to sit up he let her go and stood with her while Shippou came over to inspect this thing.
 
The child walked around Mismatch a few time, sniffing the air around him, touching the armor as he stood stalk still letting the boy explore to his hearts content.
 
“Mama he dosen't smell human or demon.” The kit frowned slightly but decided he didn't hurt his mother so far and that he was actually tried to help comfort her so he couldn't be all that bad right? So with that he jumped up onto the his shoulder nuzzling the side of the armor as white eyes stared unblinking at him, a small keen sounded as if to tell the kit it was happy.
 
“Its good you boys are getting along, I wonder if you would help us Mismatch?” she blinked as the child giggled, she glared at her son playfully.
 
“Well he's got to have a name and he dosen't match, so Mismatch sounds good to me.” The kit nodded his agreement; a soft keen from Mismatch had settled that.
 
“Come on Shippou its way past afternoon, once we eat we need to find a village. We'll need quit a few things if were going to make this cave work.” With that she took out two bento lunches, sitting one on a rock while the child climbed down from Mismatch's shoulder to nibble on the good food.
 
“Do you eat?” she asked looking over to Mismatch to see he wasn't there and sighed, Mismatch was definitely a mystery as was the tree. Since when did Goshinkobou have a growth spurt? She put a soft squishy squid into her mouth chewing on it with some fervor since it was like chewing a tire.
 
Soon both were done and Mismatch was nowhere in sight as they picked up there bentos to put back into the yellow rucksack.
 
“Come on Shippou.” She asked taking out a smaller pack from her rucksack, it was more like a mini pack she put some money, two water bottles, and a few treats in it. That's when they headed out into the clearing were Kagome had fallen, it seems the hill was steep for a reason to hide the forest.
 
“Ready for another adventure Shippou?” she asked as the boy jumped up into her arms, she hugged him making her way up and down the steep hill to the other side, she had expected to see nothing but a village wasn't to far away from here about four miles or so. With a spring in her step she began to walk thinking of the events that lead her here.
 
It was an amazing first adventure to be pulled down a well by a centipede demon, be called a kitsune for pretending to be Kikyou reincarnation and having that nasty powder thrown at her by Keade.
 
From there she met the Inu Hanyou Kikyou pinned to the Goshinkobou by taking the arrow out of the live boy from his 50-year sleep. Thus freeing an Inu Hanyou to kill the demon that came after her from the well, she retrieved the jewel and Keade put a subjugation necklace on the poor boy.
 
Oh that was fun she thought because the first time she said sit Inu Yasha plummeted to a raging river below.
 
Next was Shippou himself, the child kitsune who tried in vein to steal the jewel shards since she cracked it with an arrow trying to kill a crow demon. So the jewel pieces were scattered, they were eating in the middle of a battlefield with dead people when the child tried to steal them.
 
Inu Yasha defeated the Thunder Brothers who were after the child and killed them for kidnapping her.
 
The next on the list in their shard-hunting group was Miroku, she twitched at that memory. He had stolen both the jewel shards and her bike; again a guy kidnapped her!
 
It actually wasn't that bad because in the end she got her bum rubbed, Miroku got a few lumps on the head and told us about a being called Naraku.
 
The last in the group was Demon exterminator who mistook Inu Yasha for the one who slaughtered her village when it was Naraku who had done so. Also the spider hanyou had a lower demon spider control Sango's brother into killing her father and the others and even her but she seemed to come out of it okay with only a few physical scar but the mental and emotional ones would take time to heal.
 
That was her group, the ones she left behind along with her newest family members Sesshoumaru, Rin, Ah-Un, and even the nasty little toad demon Jaken.
 
She pushed those thoughts to back of her mind for the moment because she was at the entrance to a village, not really knowing if outsiders were welcome she closed her eyes and bumped into some one.
 
Falling on her bum Kagome oofed from the impact and checked to see Shippou was okay, to say the least the child had hopped out of her arms before the impact. He was currently laughing his little tail off over the confused face.
 
“Shippou!” she growled as the boy shut it and the person in front of her raised an eyebrow but put out a hand.
 
“Are you okay?” asked a raspy low voice, she looked up into the face of a young man with a brown cloak that was billowing out behind him dramatically. She took the hand offered and was up in a minute while dusting off her black trench coat and offering the strange boy a smile.
 
“I'm okay and thanks.” Scooping up the fallen bag in hand she was about to ask who he was, but only met the air he had already started walking away. She bristled slightly at the rudeness of that but calmed down seeing as she had a mission anyway.
 
“So mama, after this will we be fixing the plants?” asked Shippou as he walked beside Kagome, she nodded.
 
“Yes we will, but first we need to get a few things here so our home will be livable.” The sound of children laughing got her attention as a little boy in a blue shirt and blue shorts came running after a ball that stopped at Shippou's feet, he gave the puppy dog eyes that turned adults to mush.
 
Kagome nodded her head as he picked up the ball and gave it back to the boy, both of them went over to the crowd of kids as her son began to play with others his own age.
 
A woman with shoulder length brown hair the same color as the little boys came out to greet her.
 
“I'm Maria Smith dear and that there is my son Jack. Are you new in the village?” she asked with a smile while the wind softly blew the woman's skirt about making ripples in the fabric.
 
“Uh not in the village but new to this place.” It brought another sun beam smile to the woman's face as she grabbed onto Kagome wrist jerking her forwards to a cream colored food general store with a white washed porch.
 
“Sit down dear and I'll get you something cold to drink.” With that said Kagome nodded again, the woman reminded her of when she was younger a cheerful girl full of promise to a lucky guy and all girly. Once her feudal adventures started she began to change, her attitude was calmer more serine, her interests in make-up, cloths, and boys turned into weapons, bloody video games and horror movies.
 
The smacking of a wooden door with a screen had her looking over her shoulder to see the woman come out with a plate of cookies and a few glasses of milk.
 
“Children come and get some cookies!” she called out while the pile of kids wrestling in the dirt stopped and stampeded to where she sat, quickly with the ease of a fighter the woman moved out of the way.
 
AHHH KIDS! -runs away from the stampede- Have you ever seen a kid stampede? I bet it hurts, by the way please R&R! - winks -