InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ 500 years and Back Again ❯ Information please! ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Nope…I don't own ANYTHING!
 
Okay! I've changed a few things. Originally, I was going to have Souta go to highschool, and Kagome go to collage, but now Souta's going to collage with her. Reason? He's skipped a few grades and got full score on the SATs.
 
 
Okay…and the votes are in!
 
Kag/Yus - 5
Kag/Kur/Youko - 8
Kag/Hiei - 7
 
Sou/Yuk - 3
Sou/Rin - 3
Sou/Bot - 1
 
Ship/Rin - 4
Ship/Yuk - 0
Ship/Bot - 2
 
Personally, I've decided on these pairings:
Yus/Kei
Kuwa/Seli(OC)
Ship/Rin
Sou/Yuk
Kag/Kur/Hiei - yes! A threesome!
Bot/Koenma
 
I don't know. I like this because I don't like people feeling lonely and left out, but that's just me. Tell me if you like the pairings so far or want something changed.
 
******************************************
 
“…you lived for these past 500 years!”
 
Kagome smiled grimly, “And that's exactly why you can't tell.”
 
Souta collapsed onto the bed, staring at Kagome in disbelief. “No way….”
 
Kagome mentally braced herself. She wasn't so sure if Souta was going to take it the right way, but she sure wasn't prepared for his response.
 
“That's so cool!!” Souta leaped from the bed and started to wave his hands in the air like a ten year old instead of a sixteen year old. “Tell me! You have got to tell me everything you did! 500 years! That's awesome…!”
 
Kagome blinked as Souta continued to prattle off. “Erm, ok. Shoot.”
 
“…what?”
 
Souta looked confused at the form of language she had used. Kagome sighed.
 
“Ask me questions! I have to know what to tell you. Otherwise…you'd be sitting in my room for the rest of you life.”
 
“Oh…right then.” Souta sat back down of Kagome's bed and stared intently at her. “How did it happen? Why couldn't you come back through the well?”
 
Kagome tilted her head and pondered.
 
“I'm not entirely sure. I think the jewel had something to do with it. Out of all the wishes I could have made, the particular wish I made probably triggered something. The next thing I know, the well was closed and I couldn't get though!”
 
Kagome sighed pitifully. “I had to wait 450 years before all this modern technology stuff was invented! Ah well, at least I had some form of modern entertainment…”
 
Suddenly, living 500 years didn't seem to appealing to Souta anymore. He spluttered in amazement.
 
“500 years without a Nintendo DS? Or a Gamecube? Or the television? How did you survive all these years?”
 
Kagome took one look at Souta's stricken looks and burst out laughing.
 
“Luckily for me, my miko powers could jumpstart the batteries in my i-pod and laptop…”
 
Souta breathed a sighed of relief. “I was beginning to wonder…”
 
Kagome interrupted. “Anyways, Souta. Next question…?”
 
“Oh, right. What did the wish do?”
 
“The wish? Oh, well it's sorta confusing...”
 
Souta crossed his arms. “I've got all night. Tell me what happened to everybody! All you told mom was that everybody who was killed by Naraku was brought back to life. I want more information!” Souta paused. “Wait…why are you even telling me this?! You're not telling momma or jii-chan!”
 
Kagome flapped her hands in front of her in a gesture of peace.
 
“Calm down! I was going to tell you. I have to anyways…” At Souta's questioning look, she shook her head. “Later, okay? After my history lesson. Let's see…what happened after the battle…”
 
Kagome made a nest out of the down comforter on her bed, settled comfortable with Souta before beginning.
 
“Well, who do you want to know?”
 
“Tell me about Inuyasha-oniisan! Is he still alive?”
 
“Well, kinda. He's not exactly alive, but you can still see him!”
 
“What the fuck are you talking about, Kagome? How can I see him if he's dead?” Souta wailed, looking downcast.
 
“Ah! I'll get to that.” She growled. “Damn! I have so much to tell you…”
 
“I'm waiting! Like I said, we do have all night.” Souta grumbled, shifting in the blanket.
 
“Ok, ok! What do you know about demons in this time?” Kagome questioned.
 
“There aren't any. I haven't seen any except for that grotesque mask that attacked us. Why is it that I don't see any demons? Is that why Inuyasha isn't exactly alive?”
 
“Well, not exactly. Around 450 years, there was a great war between 3 species, demons, humans and the spirit world. The spirit world wanted to create a barrier between demons and humans, since they didn't get along.”
 
Souta nodded in understanding. “So they wanted to separate them. I bet the demons didn't like that. Didn't you say some of them ate humans?”
 
Kagome's eyes widened. “When d'you get so smart, brat? You're right, the demons weren't very happy. Many banded together to fight against the construction of the barrier.”
 
“So how'd you win?”
 
“I combined my powers with the rulers of the spirit world, and we tried to create the barrier, but it wasn't working. We needed more power. Inuyasha and Kikyo sacrified their living bodies for the barrier and it was enough for us to fully finish the barrier.”
 
Souta gave a soft `oh'. “But how I see Inuyasha again?”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes. “Inuyasha's still your hero. He'll be glad. Okay then. I'll explain about the barrier. It formed 3 worlds, Makai, Ningenkai and Reikai. Makai is the world for demons, Ningenkai for humans and Reikai for the spirits. Since Inuyasha and Kikyo sacrificed their lives for the barrier, Enma - the ruler of Reikai - found that their spirits were forever entwined with the barrier, so he offered them a place in Reikai.”
 
“So their dead…and I can still see them?”
 
“Yep! I just need to open a portal and pull you through to visit them! Their pretty busy with their jobs, but for you, they have time. Next question!”
 
“Umm, okay then. What have you been doing all these year? Jobs? Boyfriends? Am I an uncle?”
 
Kagome choked on the last question. “No! I've had many different jobs and boyfriends, but, NO! You are not an uncle. Not yet, at least…”
 
Souta sighed in disappointment. “Aw! Come on, Kagome! You've had 500 years!”
 
Kagome's cheek reddened in embarrassment. Souta swore he heard an amused chuckle outside the window.
 
“Who's that outside?”
 
Kagome blinked. “Oh, right! Well Souta, I suppose you are an uncle…an adopted uncle.” She added hastily at Souta's gaze and turned towards the window. It glowed briefly before the lock turned and the window slid open, startling Souta.
 
“Shippou! You can come in now!”
 
Fully expecting the cute little Kitsune that he had seen in the photos Kagome brought back from the feudal era, Souta was startled when a rusty haired teenager launched into the room. He mentally berated himself for being so stupid. Even Kagome still looked the same, Shippou - who was a youkai - probably still aged.
 
At a glance, he seemed only 2 years older than Souta with roguish yet killer looks. His bright emerald-blue eyes twinkled mischievously at Souta with an underlying knowledge. When he straightened, Souta could see lean muscles rippling powerfully through the muscle tee and Souta eyed Shippou's height to be a little taller then him. Souta immediately knew him to be somebody who worked out and probably had a fan club at school.
 
Kagome scoot further into the bed, giving Shippou some space. He immediately dove under the covers and the three were snuggled comfortably in the hollows of Kagome's down comforter.
 
“Hey Souta. I guess you're my uncle.” Shippou chuckled, cracking a grin. “I have a younger uncle. Never could have imagined that.”
 
“Same here, Shippou. I guess you're my nephew now!” Souta sniggered. “I think it'll be better if we were brothers. I'd never get used to calling you my cousin.”
 
“I think our family relations are officially screwed…”
 
Shippou laughed and Souta looked confused. Kagome started to explain. “Remember Sesshoumaru, Souta?”
 
Souta nodded uneasily.
 
“Well, Rin, the little girl he adopted, calls him otousan, but she calls me okaasan. Our relationship though, is nothing like that. It's…complicated. We're not mates, but we are more than friends.”
 
Shippou snorted at the implications, trying desperately to keep his face void of emotions.
 
“Sex buddies!”
 
Souta burst out laughing, rolling hysterically in his hollow of the blanket; even Shippou couldn't keep his amusement covered. Kagome's eyes widened impossibly wide.
 
“Shippou!”
 
Souta tried to contain his laughter, but failed, only getting a few words out.
 
“Is…it…true?!”
 
Kagome huffed and turned away.
 
“You two do not need to meddle in my sex business! It's strictly personal!”
 
Both males nodded before replying simultaneously. “Ok Kagome! Whatever you say!”
 
“Now, back to what I was saying. Shippou is officially my kit…that was his wish.” Kagome added, to clear up Souta's confusion. “So Souta is suppose to be his uncle…”
 
“Except it's not.” Souta added.
 
Shippou nodded. “We are officially the Higurashi brothers!”
 
The two boys high-fived. Kagome looked on exasperatedly.
 
“Boy bonding time will begin tomorrow! I'd like to get some sleep now!”
 
“Kagome!”
 
“Aww! Kagome-kaasan!”
 
“We were just talking about Halo 2! That's the best game ever!”
 
“Yeah! See? Somebody agrees with me. `Kaasan is convinced that SuperSmash Bros melee is better. She's not bad a Halo 2 though, I don't get why she likes Super Smash Bros better…”
 
“Whoa…wait. Kagome plays video games! I never knew that!”
 
“Well, I suppose 500 years does that to a person.”
 
“Kagome! I have more questions for you! Have you played…”
 
“Gah! Souta! Shippou! Do you know what time it is?” Kagome pleaded. “Sleep! I need it! I promise you! Tomorrow, I tell you more on what I did these past 500 years, k?”
 
Souta grumbled. “You still didn't tell me why you were only telling me this though…”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kagome was awake at the crack of dawn. Shippou was stirring as well. She yawned loudly, still tired from last night.
 
Instead of getting a night full of rest, she was bombarded constantly with questions from Souta. His quest for knowledge of the past 500 years ago amazed her. His questions never seemed to stop.
 
At first, it was only about her friends and what had happened to them, than it moved to historical people she had met and what her job was now. Of course, Souta was a bit excited with her current jobs and her double life.
 
Soon, Kagome directed him away from the topic, and Souta learned a bit about his powers. Today, they were going to practice a bit and help him control it. That was what she was worried about.
 
Soon, Kagome could smell the scents of breakfast wafting through the door. This awoke Souta and Shippou. They tried to untangle themselves from her bed, fully intending to charge down the stairs.
 
Kagome caught the necks of their shirts.
 
“Remember, not a word of this downstairs. Souta, introduce Shippou to Momma. Tell her only the basics.”
 
They nodded, understanding her words before continuing their struggle towards the door. Sighing, Kagome let them go. She listened to their thumps down the stairs and Momma's indignent screech demanding who Shippou was before Souta calmed her down and explained that he was Kagome's adopted son. Hiding a snicker at her momma's disbelief, Kagome searched through her old wardrobe.
 
“Ugh…this needs some updating. Ah well, not staying here for long…”
 
She finally found a tank top and Capri's and threw them on. She flounced down the stairs in time to see Shippou and Souta finish off their share of breakfast and rush towards Souta's room, playing some computer game, no doubt.
 
Kagome sat across the table from her mother.
 
“Hey momma. How are you doing this morning?”
 
“I'm fine, Kagome. I've been meaning to ask you. Have you been accepted into any collage yet?”
 
Kagome did some brainstorming. “Err, yes I did, momma. I think I received the admission letter from NYU in America not so long ago.” I hope she buys this…
 
“Oh Kagome! That's excellent! Souta was accepted there too!”
 
Wait a minute…Souta?
 
“What did you say?!”
 
“Oh, don't you remember? Souta scored top in the nation on the SATs. The school allowed him to skip a few grades. Since the collage board found out, some Universities had offered him scholarships to their school.” Her mother sighed happily. “My babies are growing up!”
 
Kagome stared unblinking. That had totally skipped her mind. How could she forget! Kagome wracked her brain, trying to remember 500 years in the past. She hadn't visited the shrine in 5 years. Suddenly, she remembered.
 
She was running back in forth in through the feudal era and the modern. After she graduated, her mother allowed her to put collage off for a while to finish collecting the Shikon jewels. She never had any time and didn't stay long enough to hear the news.
 
Shit. She was going to have to talk with Souta. Hopefully, he wouldn't disagree with his sister going to the same collage as he was…
 
“That's great, momma! I'm going to talk to Souta a bit, k?”
 
“That's fine, sweetie. I'm heading off with jii-chan. He has an appointment at the doctors today. We'll be back around late afternoon.”
 
Kagome nodded in affirmation before going off to search for Souta and Shippou. Just as she predicted, they were off and at it on Souta's gaming systems. Kagome walked up and unplugged the cord.
 
“Hey!”
 
“Kagome! We were winning!”
 
She tapped her foot. “Come on, Souta. Let's go! We have to practice your powers! Remember what I told you? Demons will come for your spirit energy!”
 
Shippou leaped up, dragging Souta after him. “Yeah! Didn't Kagome-kaasan say that you could lift stuff without touching them! Imagine what you can do! Flip the channels without lifting a finger! Grab a soda without moving….”
 
Kagome sighed. “Right. Let's go now, Souta. Momma's getting back late afternoon, so that means more time for us to pratice!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~**~*~*
 
“Come on Souta. Concentrate…”
 
Souta took a deep breathe and released. “Why we have to learn meditation! That's boring!”
 
“Not if you succeed in concentrating! Look, Souta.” Kagome commanded him. Souta opened his eyes and watched Kagome. After a while, a ripple of pink shone from Kagome's skin, encompassing it. Eyes still closed and sitting perfectly straight, she began to levitate into the air.
 
“Holy shit, Kagome! You're floating!”
 
Kagome's eyes flew open and she smiled down at Souta. If you meditate right, you can remain concentrated and still be able to talk. My powers are under control, all through mediation and practice. After you master meditation, we'll move on to others!”
 
Kagome flapped her arms and became squawking like a bird.
 
“Look a' me! I can fly!”
 
Kagome swooped through the air, doing superman stunts and dove at Souta and Shippou, both you yelling and laughed at her stunts.
 
“Okay! Okay! Stop! I want to meditate now!”
 
“Let's get down to business then! Concentrate…search for it. Find the source of power and imagine pulling a strand of it way.”
 
Kagome smiled. Before long, Souta was glowing with a golden blaze.
 
“Open your eyes Souta! Can you see it?”
 
Souta slowly blinked, before gasping in awe.
 
“I'm glowing!”
 
He waved his arms and the golden energy followed his moves.
 
“That's great Souta! When you think you have meditation under control, we will move on to the measurement of strength. You don't want to use too much at a time. You only need the right amount. We'll work on that now.”
 
After a quick break and lunch, Souta had succeeded in levitating and was soon levitating while moving in the air with Kagome. Shippou had joined, forming feathery wings on his back and was swooping in the skies with Kagome and Souta.
 
They played an amusing game of Air Tag and soon retired for the evening.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~
 
“Say, Souta? I have a few questions of my own for you.” Kagome said, dressed in her pajamas and already nestled in the blankets.
 
“Okay. Shoot.” Souta replied, joining in the mass of blankets with Shippou.
 
“What collage are you taking?”
 
“Collage? Oh, I got accepted at NYU, majoring in business. I got full scholarship. Pays for everything. Why?”
 
Kagome and Shippou exchanged looks, shifting in the blankets.
 
“This morning I was talking with mamma and let's just say, after the whole feudal era business, she would like me to attend collage. Of course, she doesn't know that I've lived on this world for 500 years. I've seen my ancestors grow up, seen mom grow up, and watched her give birth to me and you. Huh, what had totally skipped my mind was…that you had skipped a few grades in highschool and I never knew.”
 
Souta shrugged. “You were busy. I knew you had a lot to do, busy saving the world and all. So I decided I wanted to be good at something to, ya know?”
 
“Ah. So you decided to put all your strength towards you studies. It must have paid off.”
 
“Yeah. I skipped two years of highschool. The collages wanted me. All I had to do was figure out my majors, so I decided business and economy. So what collage are you attending?”
 
Kagome hesitated. “I know that I haven't exactly been the best older sister to you, and I was hoping I would have more time to spend with you. If it were possible, would you like us to accompany you to NYU?”
 
Souta's eyes brightened. “Why not?” He blinked. “Wait…us?”
 
“Yes, I'm going too!” Shippou nodded, grinning. “I've never attended collage before. Most stuff we do at Taisho Corp. is mainly from experience. This trip will be fun.”
 
“Besides…” Kagome butt it. “The HQ of Taisho Corp is at New York. We have a nice den their too, direct link to Sesshie's castle in Makai. Great place…New York. Some spots have impressive undercurrents of energy running through it. It's one of Hot Spots where youkai with good intentions can pass through the barrier, reside.”
 
“Hot Spots?”
 
“Yeah.” Shippou clarified, waving an arm. “The barrier was built with the life force of two hanyou, Inuyasha and Kikyo. Maybe it's because they are hanyou, that the barrier isn't exactly perfect. There are Hot spots, where the barrier is strongest, but lets selective demons through from Makai, and Weak spots, where any demon can penetrate with enough energy. Overall, the barrier sometimes lets slip weak, low class demons that can sometimes affect humans.”
 
At Souta's interested look, Kagome continued.
 
“A couple years ago, I think it was…a group of high class demons tried to break through the barriers. Did I mention that Tokyo is one of the Hot Spots? Lots of demons try to break through here, but they can't. So, the demons, called “The Four Beasts” - huh yea…the leaders were a group of four demons - founded a criminal organization that hid in Demon City.”
 
“Demon city is a haven for Reikai outlaws.” Shippou supplemented. “Many of the fugitive felons from Sesshoumaru's level and Reikai fled there.”
 
“Exactly. So `The Four Beasts' started issuing demands to have access to Ningenkai. But of course, Reikai wouldn't allow that, so they released thousands of Roundworm Monsters into Tokyo. Lots of people seemingly went crazy.”
 
Souta gave a gasp. “Oh! I remember that. Is that what those weird bugs were? A number of people were murdered. Some of the teachers were acting violent and there were a lot of destruction. The Police had to arrest a lot of people. Of course, some of the policemen went crazy too…” He shuddered in the blankets, even though he wasn't cold.
 
Shippou started laugh. “Right! That was the effect of the Roundworm Monsters. Normal people can't see them though. It was a big hassle.”
 
“So…how'd you solve it?”
 
“Well, we didn't. We were at New York at the time. Besides, Koenma got a new Spirit Detective. Yusuke…was it? Well, he and his friend Kuwabara were sent to Demon City. Shippou and I thought that it would be a bit difficult for them to handle, so suggested Koenma to send them help.”
 
“It's funny though.” Shippou said. “Koenma sent his enemies that he had defeated earlier. Two demons I think, Kurama and Hiei. Well, with their help, they eventually defeated `The Four Beasts' and the Roundworms disappeared.”
 
“That's cool. Have you ever met them?”
 
Shippou and Kagome shook their heads. “No, not exactly. We've watched a few of their missions and heard a lot of their accomplishments from Koenma.”
 
Souta sighed. “Oh, I thought it would have been cool to meet them. Their missions were almost like your trip in the Fuedal Era.”
 
“Yea well, we'll probably end up seeing them anyways.” Shippou quipped.
 
Souta's eyes widened. “Really? Where…and when?”
 
Kagome tapped her chin with her finger and leaned back on her pillow. “Well, from time alone, Yusuke's team has served Koenma for around 6 years, so they should be around Shippou's human years. I suggested that he send them to a collage, to get a better education.”
 
“Why would they need an education if they are on missions all the time?”
 
“Well, most of the boy's parents probably don't know about their missions. Just like momma and me. She doesn't know I've lived for 500 years and wants me to go to collage. So I'm going. I'm not going to risk momma knowing my secret. Don't have a clue on how she's going to react, probably think I'm insane or something and say that the feudal era messed with me. Better if I don't tell.”
 
Souta laughed. “That's probably true. The feudal era was believable since Inuyasha was here. But I wonder...'hey momma! Guess what! I've survived for 500 years because I couldn't get through the well, so I'm back now!' Heh. She's going to blow a fuse and send you off to some mental institution.”
 
Shippou chuckled. “I wouldn't want that. To answer your question, you'll probably gonna meet them at collage. Kagome suggested it.”
 
“NYU? Why are they attending that collage? I know why you are, but why would you suggest they go to that collage too?”
 
Kagome blinked. “Right! I forgot to tell you. Two of Miroku and Sango's ancestor teach there, Selina and Mya. Mya's one of the business teachers, lectures on techniques and has great in-class and extracurricular projects. After classes, she gives lessons to the demons and humans that attend the collage.”
 
“Lessons?”
 
“Yeah. Mya helps people gain control on their Spirit energy or Youki through meditation. I thought it would be best for you and Yusuke's team to get some lessons from there. She's a lot better than me.”
 
“What about Selina?”
 
“Selina? Well, in short, she's our best friend here in Ningenkai. Everybody works in Reikai now, either because they died or, in Inuyasha and Kikyo's case, they can't stay in Ningenkai long. Selina keeps Shippou, Rin and I company in New York and wherever we go.” Kagome beamed. “She's always so funny and stuff. Too bad she's not here now.”
 
“She's giving lessons on offensive and defensive techniques in NYU after school right now. She sometimes rooms with the students, to help some of the demons fit in. She'll probably room with us.” Shippou said. “Otherwise, she'd be here right now. She's the other reason why we suggested NYU to Koenma. Selina's power and techniques rival that of Genkai's.”
 
“Who's Genkai?”
 
“Ah, that's another thing. Genkai's a Reikai master. She taught Yusuke all he knows about Spirit energy and stuff. Whenever we're here in Tokyo, we visit her and Yukina. She's an ice demon. Maybe we should pay her a visit sometimes this week? Genkai's better at measuring people's hidden aura. Then you can learn from both Genkai and Selina this way.”
 
Shippou visibly cheered. “That's right! We have to tell Genkai the news! I'll get Rin when we go, okay?”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes. “Finding every excuse to see Rin now? Stop worrying, I meant to keep this a secret, but she'll be going to collage with us.”
 
“All right! Can I room with her?”
 
Souta raised an eyebrow. “I didn't know they allowed the opposite sex to room with each other on campus.”
 
Kagome giggled. “They don't, but let's just say that I have connections. They'll allow us. Selina's going to get us suites on campus. Four per suite. Hmm…I want to room with Botan. I haven't seen her in a while. She's always off with Yusuke or running errands for Koenma. Rin's going to want to be with Yukina…” Kagome trailed off, seemingly deep in thought.
 
Shippou rolled his eyes and whispered to Souta. “There she goes again. She's planning something. I just don't know what it is.”
 
“Huh. Why am I not surprised?” Souta whispered back.
 
“I've got it!” Kagome exclaimed, jumping up and efficiently scaring Souta and Shippou. “I have to plan this out! So much to tell Genkai, Yukina. Ah! I have to talk with Mya and Selina too! Oh, and Sesshoumaru too!” Kagome rushed out of bed and towards the window. “Shippou! Get some sleep with Souta. I'll be back later. Tommorrow, we'll get Rin and start off towards Genkai's.”
 
With that said, Kagome leaped out the window and with a burst of multicolored light, she disappeared.
 
Souta and Shippou sighed when Kagome disappeared, the window clicked close. Souta looked out of the corner of his eyes at Shippou. The rusty red-head was staring at the ceiling and had a slight grin on.
 
“Soooo…I'm guessing you and Rin are courting each other eh?”
 
Shippou's eyes closing and his grin widening was Souta's only response.