InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ 500 years and Back Again ❯ Plans and Illusions ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
Yusuke and the Gang
 
 
Kagome didn't flinch. In fact, she was grinning like a chestier cat. “I've got it all worked out! I've already gotten Koenma to agree to the deal with his spirit detectives, so Yukina will meet Hiei and Kuwabara at collage. I'm guessing that they will arrive in 2 days to tell you the news…”
 
Shippou and Rin exchanged a look with Kagome. “Hey Yukina? We have a favor to ask.”
 
Yukina merely tilted her head and blinked. Souta found it an endearing and innocent look.
 
“We want you to apply your acting skills.” Rin grinned and Yukina caught on.
 
“Ahh…yes. I'll do it!” Yukina giggled. “Imagining the looks on their faces, this will be worth it. Will you have your illusions on?”
 
Shippou nodded. “When they arrive, we'll look like a family of nekos, visiting Genkai as long lost friends.”
 
“Fun fun fun!” Rin chanted gleefully and bounced around the room.
 
Souta observed the scene amusedly. He could tell that Kagome, Rin, Shippou and Yukina were a pretty close-knit group of friends. They could even be considered as a family. It was like they could read each other's minds, as Souta had yet to figure out what the four were planning. Things had gotten quite boring at the shrine and this was a welcome change. He had a feeling that Collage was going to be a very interesting experience. Fun fun fun indeed…
 
“Yes…fun fun fun indeed.” Kagome drawled, shocking Souta out of his thoughts. “Ah, Shippou? Would you like to activate Souta's illusion now? He has yet to experience your kind of Kitsune magic…albeit illusion magic generally.”
 
Shippou asserted and fished something out of his pocket. “Genkai? Do you think you can still train Souta in that form? It'll help Souta get the hang of combining and separating different energies.”
 
Genkai smiled. “Actually, that's a good idea. I can tell Souta has had some, if not a lacking form of practice. His physique looks to be in top form, but he needs more control over his energy. Your barrier is breaking… his energy is going to destroy your illusion if you place it on him now.”
 
Shippou's eyes bugged and even Kagome looked a bit surprised. “What? My barrier is breaking?! No way!”
 
Souta seemed tensed up and then gave a twitch. Shippou watched as the barrier he placed over Souta to cover up his immense aura waver and crack.
 
“Holy shit…” Shippou cursed. Small sparks spewed from the fractures before it shattered. Souta's aura flared up and the barrier disintegrated.
 
Souta sighed and mumbled. “That's better!”
 
“What's better?” Kagome asked. Shippou was still in awe that his barrier had broken. Genkai chuckled wryly to herself when she got an accurate reading of Souta's energy.
 
“That stupid clogged up feeling. It just felt so stuffy, so I tried to get rid of it. It's gone now…so I'm feeling better.” Souta smiled and relaxed his shoulders. He was unsuspecting of Rin and Shippou's shocked looks.
 
Genkai looked at Kagome and spoke. “So you recognize his energy too. I didn't get an accurate reading before this.” Genkai paused and glanced towards Souta turning back towards Kagome. “I wasn't unhappy to train Souta before, but I'd be more than honored to train him now. Let's see…you're staying for what - 3 days? Before you're leaving with Yukina?”
 
Kagome nodded. “You'll have all 3 days to train with him.” She leaned towards Genkai and whispered in her ears, grinning all the while. “But you'll have to leave some time for him and Yukina. Let's just say…for them to start to get to know each other better…”
 
Genkai laughed and settled her voice into a whisper. “Setting up your brother together with someone already? When are you going to settle down then?”
 
Kagome choked and hissed back. “Hey! It's not for lack of trying…the males I hang out with are hot n' all…but the connection's all wrong…”
 
Genkai merely nodded. “Mmhmm…”
 
Kagome huffed and crossed her arms. “Whatever. Shouldn't you start training Souta? I feel a connection between the two already!”
 
The two turned to look at the others, who had already entered the temple and were sprawled out on the floor. Kagome relaxed slightly. It was a good thing that they weren't paying much attention to what she and Genkai were conversing about.
 
“So…how did it feel to have Hiei and Kuwabara protect you almost 24/7?” Souta asked.
 
“Strange…but makes me feel well loved.” Yukina chirped.
 
“Well…how would it feel to have another bodyguard, hmm?” Souta wiggled his eyebrows.
 
Yukina blinked before blushing a light pink. Rin started giggling and Shippou smirked.
 
Genkai and Kagome sweatdropped and laughed nervously.
 
“Yes, I do believe I should.” Genkai responded finally. She strolled over and dragged Souta away. “Time to control your aura before Shippou can apply those illusions! Let's see how you compare with my previous dimwit.”
 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>
 
It turned out, luckily for Genkai, that Souta was a quick study. He had quickly mastered hiding his aura and some basic reiki attacks and defense. After 3 hours, Genkai deemed it time for Shippou to apply his illusion.
 
Shippou quickly placed the palm of his hands over Souta's forehead. He muttered an incantation before slicing a thin cut on cut on Souta's forehead. A drop of blood weld up before Shippou caught it and slathered it over the leaf. Then he slapped the leaf on over the cut and stepped back to admire his work.
 
At first, Souta didn't feel any changes. Quite suddenly, the blood in his veins seemed to boil and simmer with strange magic. It flowed directly from the cut on his forehead throughout his body. He winced as the base of his spine crackled and stretched. His blunt fingers elongated into sharp and filed looking black claws. Souta could distinctly feel his ears twitch to move upwards atop his head and his hearing improve tenfold. So had his eyesight and sense of smell. If he had a mirror, Souta reasoned that his pupils were probably slitted.
 
“Great job, if I do say so myself.” Rin complimented. Shippou beamed proudly.
 
“Maybe you want to take a look yourself.” Kagome said and handed Souta a mirror.
 
His eyes widened. “Wow Shippou. Impressive, really.”
 
And so it was. Souta's pupils were slitted and his now light purple eyes slanted. His hair was now slivery with grey streaks thoughout his short hair. He now sported a pair of erect silvery grey cat ears. He tried twitching them and he gasped. They moved! Yukina giggled as Souta experimented moving his ears. They swiveled towards when Yukina giggled.
 
“Wow…I can hear almost anything!” Souta exclaimed.
 
“Well, I made sure that you had qualities that neko's possessed. I mean…that's the specialty of my illusions!” Shippou had a very proud look on his face.
 
Souta continued to examine himself and found he had a tail. A nice long and slim one that matched the color of his ears. It moved about like it had a mind of it's own. He tried getting it to obey his commands, but the tail only flicked about more vigerously. Oh well.
 
“So…try out your new body. Movement will definitely be different, you're eyesight will have improved and you already noticed your hearing as well. Learning attacks will prove different as well. You know have some control over youki.” Shippou listed, ticking off his fingers.
 
“So basically you have everything a neko youkai would have.” Rin simplified.
 
“And depending on what your type your soul is most compatible with, the illusions should strengthen that type of power.”
 
“So is that what the blood was for?”
 
“Yeah. My magic is able to recognize what is compatible with you. That's what your attacks are going to be based off. And it's the same for all transformations.”
 
Souta nodded and followed Genkai out the door towards the courtyard. It was time to train again.
 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>.
 
 
 
For the past 2 days, Koenma had furiously searched the 3 worlds for a suitable replacement for his current spirit detectives.
 
“Oh! I think I have one. Male…some spiritual sense…strong…and. Damn. Dead again! Aw man. Why is every single one of these stupid candidates dead? And they're happy where they are too. Shoot. Can't bring them back to life…”
 
Koenma continued to search through his list of people. The pile was gradually getting smaller and he was gradually getting more frustrated.
 
Botan marched up to him. “Not one replacement, huh? Tough luck! Cause they're here!”
 
Two young men, one with black hair slicked back with gel and one slightly taller with orange hair, tumbled into the room from a portal that had appeared after Botan had said this. They picked themselves off from the floor.
 
“Dammit Botan! Will ya at least tell us before you push us through your stupid portal next time?!” Yusuke demanded furiously. “I was ready to beat Kuwabara up again!”
 
“Hah! Like you could do that Urameshi. Keiko's gonna beat you when she hears that you haven't applied to any collages yet!” Kuwabara retorted.
 
Koenma covered his ears. “You're really excited for this…aren't you?”
 
Botan's ever happy smile widened impossible. “Of course. I get a break! Ha!”
 
Koenma sighed as the last of the team, 2 other, Hiei, who was somewhat short with black and white hair that spiked against gravity, and Kurama, a taller red head, stepped through the portal before it closed.
 
“What do you want,” Hiei demanded curtly.
 
Koenma rolled his eyes. “Tsk. Jeez…and I was ready to give a speech and all…”
 
“Just get to the point.”
 
Koenma ignored the jaganshi and cleared his thoat. “As I sure you all know, you have spent the last 6 or so years as my spirit detectives. You have gone without a sufficient break without me interrupting you for another mission. Now…as someone so kindly put it - ” Koenma glared at Botan. “They have reminded me that 3 of you still have parents that would like you to at least attend collage and earn a decent living. So…I taken time to decide, that I would apply all four of you to a collage of my choice and send you there.”
 
Koenma finished proudly and smiled at the group. Yusuke and Kuwabara gaped at the toddler - sized ruler. Kurama looked contemplative and Hiei glowered dangerously. Koenma probably noticed Hiei's look before elaborating.
 
“Hehe. Of course, I've arranged a specific school for you to be at. No…Hiei. Don't look at me like that! This collage is different! Really!”
 
Botan sighed before cutting the toddler off.
 
“What he means, is that he's going to send you off the NYU. Kurama, you should know of this collage.”
 
Kurama nodded. “Indeed I do. It's actually one of my top choices of collage to attend. Not merely for the academic education either.”
 
Hiei grunted. “So what is it for then? I will not attend a stupid collage.”
 
Kurama's eyes flashed gold. “Oh, you will. You see, there is this teacher there, that's almost like Genkai in ways. Except she teaches different Reiki techniques and Youki moves as well. Some, we've never even seen before. Of all her students, only a few have ever succeeding in learning her most complex and strongest moves.”
 
Hiei's eyebrows raised at that. “All elements?”
 
“All elements.”
 
Hiei considered it. “Fine. If she is insufficient, then I leave.”
 
“I'm fine with that. My sister's at New York anyways. Got a job there. Maybe I can visit her and tell her the good news.” Kuwabara announced.
 
“I'll go then.” Yusuke shrugged. “But, only if Keiko is allowed there too. She applied for NYU awhile ago, but hasn't received her letter back yet.”
 
Koenma nodded. “Ok! It's done then. Botan will give you everything you need. Just so you know this will be your only break for a long period of time. If I have dire…and I mean dire emergencies, you won't be contacted. Bye!”
 
Yusuke's eyes widened at the gleam in Koenma's eyes before he turned to Botan.
 
“Shoot. Not again! Quick! Open a portal Botan, hurry, hurry, hurry!”
 
The Spirit detectives suddenly found themselves falling through a portal.
 
“Damn you, you stupid toddler!” Was all Koenma heard before the portal shut.
 
“That'll probably be the last time in a while before I get to do that again.” Koenma sniffled before turning back to his pile of paper.
 
“Now where was I? Oh yes…replacement detectives. Damn.”