InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Dissent ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yu Yu Hakusho X Inuyasha crossover.
People might remember the original Orsa - I was capable of finding the original [finally]. This though is MEGA revised.
-.-
thoughts
amplified thoughts/meanings

________________________________________________________________________

Though it was a struggle, her body weighed down as it was, Kagome Higurashi could only heave a sigh of relief as she was finally capable of wriggling herself over the lip of the well's lid. She was home… home.

Bound with the duty of finding and repairing the Shikon no Tama, which she had broken in her ignorance as a young untrained… but powerful… miko woman, she had thought of coming home, back to the modern era, as something of a burden rather than a joy. A chore almost, to restock on the various items that she carried back with her to the feudal era. But the Shikon no Tama was returned to its former glory… even as she straightened from her partial crouch beside the well's structure she could feel the marble sized gemstone brushing against her skin… hidden from prying eyes by the wards Miroku had helped her correct and also her outfit.

The Shikon no Tama, the cursed gemstone, it had been decided at the end of the battle… when the dark hanyou, or human turned demonic being, Naraku had finally been defeated… that wishing upon the gemstone was actually more dangerous than if the Shikon had been left in splintered pieces. There was no wish that could be granted which was entirely pure. Though someone might not say it out loud or even have the thoughts within their minds there was always something dark to a wish… a wish for one's happiness could cause harm to someone else, a wish for riches could turn an entire village poor. Or as Kagome had learnt, to wish to life a fallen love could kill someone else dead.

If Sesshomaru, who had ceased to be an opponent after Kagome with her evolving miko abilities had returned the inu-youkai lord's missing arm to him, had not intervened with Tenseiga… the great dog demon's fang turned sword which could bring the recently dead back to life as well as healing the wounded… there was little doubt within the depths of her mind that Kagome would have died. Though she herself was not the incarnation as once believed… the Oni Witch named Urasue had still used a part of Kagome's soul as a means of reviving the former miko. Sesshomaru had not explained what had happened when Kagome had become awake again… though the sorrowful faces had given a hint of what must have occurred.

It certainly explained why Inuyasha had never appeared to show me off, sighing softly Kagome settled her hand upon the well structure's edge. She would have to seal this off… to ensure nothing could ever pass through again… but later. Now she wanted to say that she was home, and staying.

Shaking her head, Kagome's fingers sought out the weapon that was strapped across her back. It was almost the length of her body and fashioned from the rib-bone of a dragon-demon… a gift from her would-be suitor, and then 'married' Ookami prince Kouga, as both a means to show no hard feelings for his antics years ago and also for her protection. The bow was beautifully carved and elegantly fashioned, for its great size, it barely weighed anymore than what could be considered normal… she could barely tell the difference between this weapon and the smaller bow she had used as a younger woman for the weight was no different. But Ryu_jin, named Dragon God so suitedly, was engraved with a number of runic-like marks that were meant to assist the arrows in flying true and straight.

But the possession of the body-length body only accented the fact that Kagome herself was not the naïve girl who had been dragged into the feudal era.

Long gone was the native, even ignorant, young girl that had hounded after the heels of her companions in a desperate need to feel wanted or to appeal to them for her previous mistakes. Gone was the young girl that had trailed after the hanyou, Inuyasha, with the disillusioned thoughts that he would come to understand that the love of his life wasn't quite the same as she was fifty years later. The fighting, the struggles, the inability to help some individuals throughout the three years that she had been living within the feudal era… fighting against Naraku and the dark hanyou's allies, though allies wasn't the right word as minions applied better for the disregard Naraku gave them… had taught Kagome that the world was far from the gentle scope she had once believed.

Instead, what stood in her place was a woman that had grown into herself, a preverbal majority that had being forced onto someone through necessity and the drive to survive. No longer was this some foolish girl dragged high and low in search for the Shikon no Tama, a jewel that she had never wanted but by the twisted whims of Fate had being destined to carry and then forced to part with. In many aspects it seemed that there was nothing remaining of the little girl, who on her fifteenth birthday had being forced to fight against evils, no person should face in their entire lives. She was mature now… if only seventeen years of age… and as such she could only imagine what her family, her brother and mother and grandfather, were going to think of the change.

That emotional change was so visible in her appearance.

Her hair was still that ebony black shade but where it had being moderately cut, and if not so controlled, it was a tangled mane of ebony that reached past her shoulders to brush against her waist and further. The area ahead and behind the ears had grown out as well, coming to trail across her shoulders before reaching down to meet in a partial V-shape at her chest. Such a style of hair only served to draw one's attention to the healthy tan that had come to caress her features, a tan that laid claim of having worked many hours in the sun and never having quite suffered from such exposure and amplified the dark intensity of her eyes.

The eyes themselves were so dark that at first glance they could be easily mistaken as brown. But if one was willing to look a little longer, keep eye contact a little more, they'd realize that Kagome's eyes were not the earthen hue… as they were a dark azure blue. Few though took that long glance. She had oftentimes had to be the one to break gazes, noticing the nervous fidgeting, the unease trickling across the other being's features… they not liking, maybe even hating, the piercing intensity that had come to dominate Kagome's cutting gaze. Kagome knew personally… for her piercing blue eyed gaze was very much like that of Sesshomaru, cold and indifferent.

Reminded of the inu-youkai Kagome didn't bother fighting the smirk that touched her lips as she settled the bow against the well. Sesshomaru would kill her for so ignorantly leaving her weapons laying about, but she was itching to announce her return to her family...

________________________________________________________ ________________

Character ViewPoint Change

"Oh Kagome," the surprised voice was accompanied by a slight giggle. "I'm surprised you're here."

Kagome, the name rang a preverbal bell in the depths of his mind. He had never met her face to face but as the pair of women, one older and one younger, appeared in the doorway leading to and from the living room where he had been sitting... waiting for the elder of the women, and who had come to see him as a 'friend of the family', to return with the tea he couldn't help but feel that he had seen the younger of the two women for years.

Her skin tanned to a light brown from doubtlessly years underneath the sun which only served in amplifying features that had sharpened, become more lupine in their design, as the young woman had lost the delicateness of youth and matured into a young woman. She was someone who could literally blindside others with her raw and primal appeal. She was one of the most beautiful females, as a human or a demon, that he had ever laid his eyes upon. Hair like black water trailed across slender shoulders in a thickly braided ponytail that had to be one of the longest he had ever seen a human wear, for the richly hued strands reached past her waist. She had left the last foot, maybe foot and a half, of strands loose from the mauve cloth that severed in keeping the ponytail together so that the loose strands brushed against her buttocks with the enticing sway of her hips.

She was most definitely not the same gangling youth in the family photograph he had seen resting on the top of the coffee table during time he had been here... hiding from those individuals that would so willingly seek to do him and someone else harm. The elder of the women, Kun-Loon Higurashi, had accepted his word that he meant no threat and certainly he had poised none. It probably helped that he had come with someone else even if that someone else had been unconcious now for the last week that they had sought haven here, someone else he was almost jealous of in been unawares within the confines of the shrine's 'guest bedroom'.

"What are you doing here, demon?" The sharp and cutting tone of voice, the barely concealed threat that if he didn't answer to her liking she would become more of a problem, a danger, than those he and the other were hiding from, immediately tore his mind from wandering thoughts to the younger female.

Even as this Kagome's mother responded, all joy at having her daughter returned home forgotten as she turned towards her younger companion. "Kagome... wait..."

"Miss. Higurashi, I'll..." He meant to stop the two women from arguing about his presence but his tongue seemed to stick to the roof of his mouth as his light ambr met this Kagome's eyes. Unusually tinged, for asians didn't normally possess eyes of this sky-hued shade, the pair of dark azure hued orbs were almost frightening in the piercing and cunning intelligence behind that hooded gaze.

"Kagome," taking advantage of his quiet the other older woman, Kun-Loon, continued. "Don't... he's no threat. He..."

Converting /tmp/phpi60T2k to /dev/stdout