InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Ignorant Meanings For Unsuitable Words. ❯ You'd think we'd eventually learn ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey there people! I'm still here and re-writing chapters. I think your going to like chapter 8 when I actually get done writing it. It has one of my most favorite characters in it. -Sigh- But anyway I hope you enjoy this one.
 
Disclaimer: do not own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho they belong to the authors Rumiko Takahashi and Yoshihiro Togashi. I thank them for letting me use the characters.
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
My Musings
Chapter: 3
You'd think we'd eventually learn...
 
Recap:
It's nice to see you again Lord Sesshomaru.”
 
All eyes turned to where Kikyou was standing before only to find the dead priestess struggling to get away from Sesshomaru and the death grip he had on her throat.
 
Now:
 
“What is the meaning of this.” Sesshomaru asked sternly.
 
Inuyasha rose the mini pit he created with his body and glared at The Lord of the West. “If you know what's good for you, you'll put her down you arrogant prick.” He said while drawing Tetsuiga.
 
“Surely you wouldn't attack while I'm holding her.” The Demon Lord had a small, nearly invisible smirk on his face as he stared the half-breed down.
 
Hey Dad look at me
Think back and talk to me
Did I grow up according to plan?
Do you think I'm wasting my time doing things I wanna do?
But it hurts when you disapprove all along.
 
Inuyasha eyes narrowed. He hadn't taken that into account. 'Shit now what do I do? The assholes right.'
 
Kagome decided to stop this before anything serious happened. “Inuyasha….” She ducted her head so her bangs covered her eyes. “SIT, SIT, SIT! That is no way to talk to a Lord!” She lifted her head and smiled sheepishly toward Sesshomaru. “I apologize Sesshomaru-sama. Inuyasha has the tendency to talk before he thinks.”
 
Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed. `Something is not right. She never acts like this… unless…' He glanced at the priestess in his hand. `This must be Kikyou. She does smell of death and ashes.' His eyes narrowed further as he scrunched up his nose. `My brother must be a true idiot if he chose this clay pot over Kagome.' He looked up at the
 
“There is no need to apologize for the half breed stupidity priestess.” He turned his head to glare at his half brothers unconscious form.
 
Sesshomaru dropped Kikyou at his feet and him and Kagome watched as she crawled back to Inuyasha.
 
She ducted he head so no one could see the furry of emotions passing in her eyes.
 
Hatred…
 
Jealousy…
 
Longing…
 
Pain…
 
`Why Inuyasha…why?' Kagome wondered to herself. `I thought you loved me.' She fought the urge to break down into tears as she watched Kikyou stroke Inuyasha's face lovingly.

And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I'm never gonna be good enough for you
I can't pretend that I'm alright
And you can't change me
Sesshomaru could sense the emotions going through Kagome and could smell the tears that she was holding back. He felt sorry that his sister had to go through all of this pain just because one lousy hanyou. The race looked down upon by humans and demons alike. `He does not deserve her love.' He looked at her as she took a deep breath.
 
Kagome planted a fake smile on her face and placed her hands on her hips. “Sessy-san you know I hate it when you call me priestess.” She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. She proceeded to bury her face into his chest and sighed.
 
He raised an eyebrow at her fake cheery voice. `Interesting.'
 
 
*`*~*`*Flashback 1 year ago*`*~*`*
 
A 17-year-old Kagome pulled herself out of the well with her giant yellow backpack. `That's interesting…no Inuyasha in site.' She turned to the path that led to the village and started to walk. `He's most likely with Kikyou…' she thought bitterly.
 
Halfway there she heard a small girls scream. She dropped her bag and grabbed her bow and arrows, hoping that she wouldn't be to late.

`Run faster Kagome.' She urged herself. She ran into a clearing where a small girl was being towered over by a large lion youkai. The girl was covering her head with her hands trying to protect herself from the blow that was coming and she let out another ear piercing scream.
 
Kagome's eyes widened in fear.
 
`Oh no'
 
“Leave her alone!” The lion youkai turned toward her. `Did I say that out loud?' She questioned her sanity for a second. Then she realized two very important things.
 
Firstly…
 
The youkai had a jewel shard.
 
Second…
 
It was charging at her and she was just standing there like an idiot!
 
Kagome cursed herself in her mind and notched an arrow. She pulled the string taut and pointed at the youkai. She waited for it to come into range.
 
`Now!'
`Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry I can't be Perfect
Now it's just too late
And we can't go back
I'm sorry I can't be Perfect
 
Kagome let the arrow fly and watched as it hit the creature in the forehead. Its eyes grew wide and it disintegrated where it stood.
 
Kagome smiled in triumph and ran to the discarded fragment was. `Ha! I did it all by myself. Inuyasha's wrong I can so take care of myself.' She bent over to pick it up. It turned pink as soon as she touched it. She put it in the container with the rest of the fragments. `That makes 20! But that's less then a fifth. I'm guessing theirs about 100 to 150 fragments left.' Kagome sighed. `I'm going to be searching for the rest of my life.'
 
She was so busy ranting in her mind she forgot about the little girl. Said little girl was staring at Kagome like she grown a second head. Kagome features changed from proud, to happy, to sad. Then she looked like she was having a panic attack.
 
Kagome was still talking to herself. `Oh no I'm going to grow old and die searching for these fragments!' Kagome through her hands up in the air. `I'll never become a lawyer! I'll never have a fami-' A small voice cut Kagome off from her internal rant.
 
“Umm…miss are you alright.”
 
Startled Kagome turned around to quickly and slipped. She landed hard on her butt. “Ow.” She looked up at the girl who startled her.
 
`Wait a minuet'.
 
The side pony tail…
 
The cheerful disposition…
 
The flower crown on her head…
 
Kagome's eyes widened in recognition.
 
“Your that little girl Sesshomaru travels with!” Kagome all but yelled in her face as she pointed at her. “Your Rin!”
 
Rin nodded “Yup that's me, who are you.”
 
“I'm Kagome.” She stood up from were she landed ungracefully on her bottom.
 
“You're the lady that travels with Lord Sesshomaru's half brother.” Rin said loudly. “Sesshomaru-sama doesn't like him very much Kagome-nee-chan.”
 
Kagome smiled. `He's even got the girl calling him Lord.' Kagome reached into her pocket and pulled out a lollypop. “Rin this is a lollypop, you lick it. It's very sweet, just don't eat the stick ok.” She handed the lollypop to
 
Rin after she took off the wrapping.
 
“Thanks Onee-chan.”
 
“No problem Rin. So where exactly is Sesshomaru.” She quickly glanced around the clearing as if expecting the stoic demon lord to jump out the bushes. Her eyes then reverted back to Rin.
 
Rin's face settled into a frown. “I don't know.” She said quietly. “He left after he said her had business to take care of. I haven't seen him since this morning. He told us he would be back soon.” Her face scrunched up in thought trying to remember anything else her Lord might have said.
 
(A/N: I know how Rin and Sesshomaru talk in third person all the time and I really hate it so I don't want to write it like that sorry)
 
“Ok so where is Jaken.” Kagome questioned.
 
Rin brightened. “Oh Jaken-sama is with Ah-Uh.” She said cheerfully. She dropped the lollypop stick on the ground next to her feet.
 
“So all we have to do is-” Kagome cut herself off when she felt a powerful demonic aura coming from the other side of the clearing. She picked up her bow and arrow and commanded Rin to get behind her.
 
I try not to think about the pain I feel inside
Did you know you used to be my hero?
All the days you spent with me
Now seem so far away
And it feels like you don't care anymore

 
“Okay Onee-chan.” Rin did as told and stood behind Kagome's stiff form.
 
Kagome relaxed a little when she saw Sesshomaru come through the foliage. She put her bow and arrow away. She knew he wouldn't attack her without a reason but she was still on guard.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru!” Rin's excited voice raced through the clearing. She ran to her Lord and started talking a mile a minuet.
 
“Sesshomaru-sama a mean youkai tried to hurt me while I was picking flowers but Kagome-Onee-san shot it with an arrow and saved me.” She said quickly and took a deep breath.
 
Kagome calmly walked over to where Rin and Sesshomaru were standing and bowed. The last thing she needed was for him to cut her head off because he felt she was being rude.
 
“This Sesshomaru thanks you for protecting my ward.” Sesshomaru said calmly with his mask of indifference on.
 
Kagome bowed again shocked. `Did he just thank me?'
 
“It was my pleasure Lord Sesshomaru.”
 
“As repayment This Sesshomaru would like to train you for the upcoming battle with Naraku.”
 
(A/N: I repeat this is not a Sess/Kags story.)
 
`Is Sesshomaru being…nice? It must be the apocalypse, that or the sky is falling.'
 
“It would be an honor Sesshomaru-sama.” She replied as calmly as should could. On the inside she was screaming `the world is coming to an end' over and over again.
 
And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I'm never gonna be good enough for you
I can't stand another fight
And nothing' alright
 
Sesshomaru nodded his head. “ I will take you to my castle for two weeks every month for a year.”
 
Kagome bowed once more. “I thank you Lord Sesshomaru.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded his head once more before turning and walking back into the undergrowth, with Rin trailing behind him.
 
“Bye Kagome-Onee-san.” Rin yelled waving and disappearing into the woods with Sesshomaru.
 
Kagome gave a small weak wave then collapsed onto her knees. She sighed. “That was to much action for one day.”
She said to herself and got up.
 
She picked up her backpack and proceeded to the village where she met up with Inuyasha. He complained about her being late and asked her why she smelt like Sesshomaru. After an argument and a few sits she calmed him down enough to explain what was going on.
 
Everyone stared at her for 5 minuets before a new argument started up between Inuyasha and Kagome.
 
*`*~*`*End Flashback*`*~*`*
 
The first two months Inuyasha had to be sat 10 times before Kagome could leave. After the third moth Inuyasha had given up on getting her to stay.
 
`Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry I can't be Perfect
Now it's just too late and we can't go back
I'm sorry
I can't be Perfect

 
At the end of the third month you could tell she was getting stronger. The handprint on Miroku's face wouldn't go away for a few days.
 
After six months the slaps started to render the poor Houshi unconscious.
 
After 9 months Kagome could beat Miroku and Sango in hand to hand combat and with a katana.
 
When the year had ended everyone but Inuyasha agreed that Kagome was the toughest one on the team. Her speed,
strength, and dexterity were 20 times better. Inuyasha didn't even want to spar with her. He said that it was because she was a girl but everyone knew it was because he was afraid she might beat him. If she put her mind to it she probably could. She was already a match for Sesshomaru. He still complained though telling her she was still to weak and Kikyou is 10 times the priestess she would ever be. He called Sesshomaru's whore once and Kagome nearly beat him to an inch of his life. If Shippo didn't call her name begging her to stop she would have killed him on the spot.
 
Nothing's gonna change the things that you said
Nothing's gonna make this
Right again
Please don't turn your back I can't believe it's hard
Just to talk to you
But you don't understand
Her miko powers had strengthened also. She could now shoot a bolt of purification from her hands, (Think of
starfire from teen titans only she cant do it so fast) make shields and a touch from her finger could purify a demon.
 
Her aim with a bow and arrow was better to. Sesshomaru and Kagome became close during her training. The group now has 55 jewel shards.
 
(A/N: I know I said this a million times but just to remind you this is not a Sessy/Kags story ok)
 
Kagome left go and took a step back from the tall demon lord.
 
(She was hugging him for those who forgot)
 
She looked up into his amber eyes. “So what brings you in this neck of the woods Sesshomaru. I haven't seen you in a month.”
 
Sesshomaru looked down into her blue-gray eyes for a moment. `Oh no this has to be important. He only gives me that look if it was important.'
 
The last time Sesshomaru looked at her like that Rin has been attacked by a bear youkai. If it weren't for Kagome
 
Rin would be dead right now.
 
Sesshomaru's voice pulled her out of her thoughts.
 
`Cuz we lost it all nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry I can't be Perfect
Now it's just too late and we can't go back
I'm sorry
I can't be Perfect
 
“The battle with Naraku draws near.”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Okay you got to admit this chapter was a lot longer than the last this was made just for my reviewers. I'm working on my other story still. This chapter was re-done. The song is Perfect by Simple plan. I don't own unfortunately. Remember the chapter was not redone if it doesn't have this not at the top or bottom. Remember my new story is coming to a city near you!
 
Keep an eye out for it. Its called DUN DUN DUUNNNN!
 
Hopeless”
 
So look out for it!
 
Read and Review please!
 
I love you all!
 
Kitsunegirl05