InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Just Another Story ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2
 
A dark haired teen lay sprawled out on his bed, asleep. Muttering something under his breath, he turned over, wiping drool on his pillow. Again the teen mumbled something and turned over.
 
“Urameshi! Wake up! Your phone's ringing!” A naturally loud voice called right next to the sleeping teen's ear. “Come on wake up!”
 
The dark haired teen pushed the carrot top away from his ear with a grunt before turning away. “Go away, Kuwabara I'm sleepin' here.” The teen complained when his friend wouldn't leave him alone.
 
“Maybe you should go answer the phone, Yusuke?” A more polite voice broke the two arguing teens. “After all, you are awake now, are you not?”
 
Glaring at the red head, Yusuke made his away to the phone, picking it up irritably before snapping out a, “What'cha want?” He instantly regretted. A sniffling girl answered his snappy greeting, politely asking for his mother.
 
“Hold on.” He wasn't good with crying girls of any kind and tried his best to avoid any and all situation that might involve them. That's when he realized he hadn't gotten her name. “Who was this again?”
 
“Oh, Kagome. Kagome Higurashi.” Yusuke found the girl's voice to be soft and kind but it also held authority to it. He was starting to wonder where his mother of all people would meet someone that wasn't a slut or drunk.
 
“Hold on.” With that, he set down the phone walked over to where his mother was sleeping on the couch - or rather pass out on. “Hey, mom! Wake up! There's a Kagome Higurashi on the phone for ya!” Yusuke yelled as he shook his mother.
 
“Who...?” She asked sleepily.
 
“Kagome Higur-” Yusuke didn't even get time to answer as his mother jumped up and raced to the phone. In all his life he'd never seen her move so fast, so he had to guess that this Kagome person had to be pretty important to her.
 
Once the brown-eyed boy shook himself out of his daze, he waked over to where his mother was and listened in on the conversation, as he noticed his two friends were doing the same.
 
“Hey Kags.” His mother's voice was soft - something she stopped using on him when he was six years old. Yusuke heard the sounds of crying came from the other line. `I'm glade we have a loud phone.'
 
“What's wrong, baby girl? What happened?” Atsuko voice was filled with concern as the girl on the other line continued to cry. After a few minutes of sobbing, it stopped and the girl - Kagome - began to speak.
 
“There was a car accident...and they could only identify Sota...and now I have nowhere to go,” Kagome choked, everyone who was listening could tell she was trying to control herself.
 
“I'm sorry, baby girl. You could come stay with us, but I don't know how Yusuke would feel... I mean I don't think he even remembers you that much.” Atsuko's words rang true. Yusuke had no idea who the girl was or what she wanted or why his mother was acting so kind towards her.
 
“I just have no one else to turn to...everyone else is too far away. Can't I just stay for a little while...a week or two?” The sniffling girl questioned. “Please, then we can get to know each other again, plus I bring in money working at the shrine. I could help out.”
 
“Fine, but only for a little while, Kags. I can't afford it for to long, keep your money though.” Atsuko sighed running her hand through her golden brown locks. “How are ya getting here?”
 
“Some officers offered me a ride. I'll be there with in the hour.” With that the interesting part of the conversation ended, leaving only the parting words and the direction on how to get to the apartments.
 
Once Atsuko put the phone down Yusuke looked at her, demanding answers. Atsuko studied her son while he silently demanded answers. Oh, how Yusuke remind her of his father. Sighing and if she knew her stubborn son, he would get the answers he wanted one-way or other.
 
“She's your half-sister.” She finally gave him something. Atsuko watched in amusement as her son's eyes widen in surprise and disbelief.
 
“Urameshi, you got a sister?” Kuwabara asked dumbfounded as he scratched his misshapen chin.
 
“Yes, Yusuke. Why haven't we ever heard of her?” The red head with emerald green eyes questioned.
 
“Shut up both of you and I don't have a sister! I never did.” Yusuke snapped, not bothering to looking at his two friends.
 
“Your dear old dad had a second family Yusuke - or should I say a first. He left them but he had a daughter. Her mother didn't like her around us, that's why you don't know about her.” Atsuko informed her son, her attitude told them it was of no great importance now.
 
“And why wasn't I every told about any of this?” Yusuke growled, balling his hands into fists. When his mother just shrugged her shoulders he went off into a rant - using the most colorful words he could think of, as well as slamming the every door in the house.
 
Yusuke was making so much noise that when a small knock came from the door it was almost missed and would have been if it weren't for the red head. The red head help the raven-haired girl with her bags, as her brother was still in his little rant.