InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Just Another Story ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: A very, very short chapter, but I hope you enjoy! And by the way, thanks to all who reviewed!
 
lavie, it may be best if you read the italics, it'll explain everything.
 
Oh, and I guess that I didn't make it clear, but in the last chapter, the italics in the beginning was a flashback. Sorry for the confusion!
 
Chapter 7
 
Just as Yusuke and the other returned to the apartment, everyone froze, their hair standing one end.
 
“Was that just me or was there suddenly a huge surge of energy?” Yusuke questioned, hoping that it has the former rather than the latter.
 
“I believe I'm speaking for us all, unfortunately, when I say, yes we felt that.” Kurama spoke, unconsciously rubbing his arms. “And I believe that it came from the roof.”
 
As soon as the words sunk in, everyone darted out of the apartment, dashing up the stairs to the roof. No one cared when the door slammed against the wall, denting the old, rusting metal of the door.
 
“Urameshi, look!” Kuwabara pointed towards a fallen figure dressed in priestess clothing, which could only be Kagome. What made everyone pause though was the figure kneeling beside her.
 
“Hiei! What the hell happened to my sister!” Yusuke snapped, moving closer to the duo.
 
“I found her like this detective,” Hiei hissed, surprising everyone with his sudden anger.
 
Sure, everyone who knew Hiei knew that he had, what you could call “anger problems” and there was that small fact that he wasn't a very sociable guy. However, nobody was prepared for the disgust and anger that was laced in his words just then.
 
“Well, it looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the tree this morning.” The sarcasm in Yusuke's voice was outlined with concern.
 
“Watch your self, detective, otherwise…” Hiei stopped mid-sentence when he felt something soft against his cheek. Looking down, he was met by two blue eyes looking up at him. Narrowing his eyes at the one who dared to touch him. Reading her lips as she silently spoke to him, a growl erupted from his chest. With that warning, he left in a burst of speed.
 
Once Hiei had disappeared, Yusuke dashed over to his sister. He really didn't understand why he had waited till Hiei had left. But if he had to guess, he would have had to say it was because of the way the apparition had been acting, however, he wasn't exactly sure. All he did know was Hiei wasn't acting like his normal self, and that couldn't be good.
 
Kneeling down beside Kagome, he turned her so he could see her face. He watched her given him a weak, tired smile before snuggling trustfully into him, burying her face into his shirt.
 
“I'm going to go to sleep, k?” Kagome muffled voice stated as her hazed filled eyes closed in an exhausted sleep.
 
“Must have been emotionally and physically drained by today's events,” the forgotten Botan stated softly, not wanting to wake the now sleeping teen.
 
“Yeah, but that doesn't explain what Hiei was doing here or what that energy surge was,” Yusuke replied, her eyes taking in the peacefully sleeping form of his sister for the first time since they met.
 
The first thing Yusuke noticed was how similar in appearance the looked. They both had the same black hair, the same petite build, and they were about the same height. The only true differences Yusuke could tell between them were when Kagome was awake. One of the main differences was their eye color. His was a milky chocolate brown while her were a stormy blue color. To him, anyway, she seemed to type to plan and go over every possibility before taking attention. Him, on the other hand was the complete opposite. Take action now; ask question later was his motto. However, he wasn't fooling himself, he knew that once he got to know her there were going to be many more differences than there were going to be similarities. He just hadn't figured out if that was going to be a good thing or not.
 
“We should get her into bed, now.” Yusuke said suddenly, startling the others who were have a conversation and trying to figure out where the energy had come from. Getting up with Kagome in his arms, he headed towards the elevator, having no intention of caring her down the stairs.
 
Author's Note: Tolda so! It just felt right to end it here this time. Please review!