InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love can Overcome all Odds ❯ In Your Arms ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Can Over Come All Odds
Chapter 12. In Your Arms
"They what?!" Koga screamed. "Again?!"
"I'm sorry. I . . ." Daka began.
"How?! How is it that you always manage to loose your own damned kids?!" Koga shrieked at Iyudaka as she just told him the kids were missing again.
"She doesn't loose them!" Shikka said in Iyudaka's defense. "They run to get away from you!" Shikka said getting into Koga's face. That was a big mistake.
"What did you say you little bitch?!" Koga said as he positioned his hand to hit Shikka.
 
"No! Koga don't!" Iyudaka screamed but it was too late. Koga beat Shikka just like he had beaten her so many times before. But Shikka was strong and for her friend would not shed a tear. Daka cried for her friend also knowing when Koga was done with Shikka he would come after her.
Don't worry, Daka, I'll get you out of this mess. No matter what! Shikka thought as she escaped with Damah and Nukka.
 
888
 
Something's not right. Shikka…I know you were there watching today. I . . . I can feel your pain. Are you alright? Kurama had been sucked into his own thoughts till Yusuke came and brought him out of it.
 
"Hey, Kurama, you alright?" Yusuke asked, concerned about his friend. Kurama had seemed to be acting different ever since his last fight.
"Yes, Yusuke, I'm alright." Kurama lied.
"Ok, whatever you say." Yusuke said and went back to the couch where the others were playing a game of cards.
 
"Kurama.” Hiei suddenly appeared beside him.
 
"You sensed it to, Hiei?"
"Hn." Hiei nodded as his response.
 
"I get that feeling a lot lately." Kurama said sadly.
 
"As though they're in pain?" Hiei asked bluntly.
 
"Yes, does it mean that you and I could have some sort of . . . bond with them?" Kurama said questioning about Shikka and Iyudaka. Kurama had long figured out that Hiei's Iyudaka was the same best friend of his beloved Shikka. Just as Hiei had figured out that Kurama was the Yoko that had ditched Iyudaka's friend, Shikka, so many years ago.
 
"I don't know." Was all Hiei could say.
 
"Papa?" A little voice called.
 
"Rayven you're supposed to be in bed." Hiei scolded softly.
 
"I know, Papa, but I'm worried about Momma and Aunt Shikka. I just have this bad feeling."
 
888
 
"Nukka, where are you going?" Shikka asked curiosity getting the best of her. She felt like they were in the middle of no where.
"Yes Nukka do tell." Damah, the white wolf, said raising an eye brow at her mate.
 
"I know where to find Hiei and Kurama." Was all the hunting yellow-eyed wolf said.
 
"Well to bad! I never want to see him again as long as I live!" Shikka snubbed Kurama even though he wasn't there.
"As much as I hate to say this I agree with Nukka.” Damah began. Hiei and Kurama could help with our situation." Damah said afraid of how Shikka would react.
 
"What?!" Shikka screamed. “You think that low-down, egotistical, bastard would go back to Daka now after all this time?! No! I won't let her get hurt by him anymore!” Shikka protested.
"Hiei will help. I assure you. Think about it." Damah continued. “Would you rather Iyudaka continue to be hurt by Koga in this way? Even Hiei, though he's hurt her, has never struck Iyudaka.”
 
"I guess." Shikka said giving in.
"Good, they're in the hotel up there." Nukka informed, spotting the fighters hotel.
 
888
 
Yusuke and the fighters where still up talking when the door bell rang. "Now who could that be at this time of night?" Yusuke questioned as he walked to the door and opened it. "Yeah?" He answered gruffly.
 
"Is Yo . . . I mean is Kurama here?" Shikka asked unusually timid.
 
"Shikka?! My gosh, Shikka, what happened?!" Kurama asked as he saw how bruised and beaten she was and stood up to greet her.
 
Shikka sighed heavily. "I . . . it's a long story."
"Come, let's get you cleaned up and you can tell us what happened." Kurama said as he helped Shikka to the couch. After Shikka was bandaged up and had told of what happened she and Kurama sat alone in silence.
"Red I . . ." Kurama tried to begin.
"Shhh Kura', I understand. I just wish you would have told me the truth." Shikka said sadly for Kurama had also told of why he left her the way he did. Being the bandit he was back then he could never stay in one place for too long. He had (and still does) truly cared for Shikka and did not want her to be a part of his mess.

888
 
"You think they know each other?" Kuwabara asked Yusuke as they watched Kurama and Shikka talk.

"Have you two no decency? It's obvious they want to be alone." Hiei said scolding the two teenagers.

"Well do they?" Yusuke
still asked.

"They knew ea
ch other a long time ago." The two fighters felt satisfied with Hiei's answer and left to go to bed.

888

"I am sorry. I just didn't want you to hate me."
Kurama stared at Shikka sadly. If you had known who I really was, and what I had done, would you still have been with me?”

"Hate you?! Kura
' I could never hate you!” Shikka lightly scolded. There's something I never got to tell you."

"I know, Red, I know." Kurama said and held Shikka close
in a warm embrace.

"It's good to be in your arms again Kura'."
Shikka said already half asleep. “I love you.” She finally stated before sleep took her.
 
Kurama whispered back into one of Shikka's beautiful red fox ears. “I love you to Red, I love you too.”