InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love can Overcome all Odds ❯ Raspberries and Grannies ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Can Over Come All Odds
Chapter 15. Raspberries and Grannies
"Where is he! If he's not here in five minutes we have to for fit!" Yusuke whined.
"Calm down, Yusuke. He'll be here. Hiei knows the importance of this fight." Kurama said trying to calm down his friend.
"Kura'?" Shikka came up behind Kurama.
"Red! What are you going here! Your not . . ." Kurama began to protest.
"I know but . . . I have to tell you something." Shikka said with pleading brown eyes.
"I'm sure what ever it is, it can wait." Kurama said, doing his best not to sound like he didn't care. He was just busy, there was a fight coming up after all.
"But Kura' . . . I guess . . .” Shikka gave in.
"Please, Red, go back to your side. I don't want you to get in trouble." Kurama looked at her sweetly.
"Ok but . . . just keep in mind what we did last night ok." Shikka lightly kissed Kurama on the cheek and left to her side of the arena.
Last night? Kurama asked himself, confused.
"Hey there he is, there he is!" Kuwabara yelled as Hiei walked up to the group.
"Ok folk's looks like we'll have a fight after all!" The announcer Koto called out to the crowd. "Now who will fight first?"
"I'll go! I just wanna get this over with." Shippo said as he jumped into the ring.
"Ok Kuwabara you know what that means? Get up there." Yusuke bellowed.
"I know, Urameshi, I know." Kuwabara snapped back and got in the ring as well.
"Ok people let the fight begin!" Koto called.
"Alright runt, if you stand still I'll try and make this as painless as possible!"
Shippo stuck out his tongue and blew raspberries towards Kuwabara. "Not a chance!" Shippo then broke into a speedy sprint.
"Fine runt, if that's the way you want to do things . . ." Kuwabara materialized his energy sword and started to swing at Shippo but he was too fast. Even Hiei was having trouble keeping up with him.
All that running away from Inuyasha sure paid off. Shippo thought as he leaped over Kuwabara's head. "It's time to use some of my fox magic if I'm going to win this match!" Shippo exclaimed, digging out some of his magic tops. "GO!" Shippo shouted as he let the top free from the string. The top landed on Kuwabara's head growing bigger and bigger, grinding Kuwabara's face into the floor of the ring.
"Ow, ow, ow!" Kuwabara shouted in pain.
"Come on Kuwabara!" Yusuke shouted.
"What an oaf, he's too stupid to realize that it's just an illusion." Hiei said letting out a heavy sigh.
Yusuke stared at Hiei with a bemused look on his face. "I don't know, it looks pretty real to me." Just then the top shrunk down to the size of a regular child's toy.
"And he's down!" Koto exclaimed. "One . . . two . . . tree . . . oh wait . . . he's up again!"
Kuwabara got up shakily to his feet. "Ok that was the last straw!" Kuwabara yelled. "Now it's time to kick it up a notch!"
"Good!" Shippo said increasing his speed.
"Huh?" Kuwabara said confused, trying to follow Shippo with his eyes, but Shippo only looked like a blur. Kuwabara held his head and staggered back, very dizzy.
"And out you go . . . FOX FIRE!" Shippo shouted, shooting a blue beam out of his palm. The dazed Kuwabara fell out of the ring with ease and the count began.
"Annnd he's knock out!" Koto exclaimed. "That was almosttoo easy! The winner is Shippo of team Koga!" Koto informed and then came yelling and screaming from the crowd.
Shippo then jumped out of the ring and hugged his sister, Shikka. "Did I do good Sis!"
"You did great Ship!" Shikka smiled at him.
"Alright will the next fighters please enter the ring?" The announcer announced.
Shikka shall we go? Genkai telepathically asked.
Alright. Shikka and Genkai went into the ring.
"Bring it on!" Genkai shouted getting into an attack like stance.
"Change!" Shikka shouted throwing a green leaf into the air the beautiful red haired Shikka melted away, being replaced by a massive red leopard. She lunged at Genkai with her claws extended.
"Pfft, nothing but an illusion. Stupid fox magic!" Genkai exclaimed. Shikka's claws grazed Genkai's cheek. Drops of blood poured from the wound as Genkai raised a hand to her face, analyzing the damage.
"Unlike my brother," roared the Shikka leopard, "my magic isn't just an illusion!"
"Damnit!" Genkai cursed under her breath. "She's gotten stronger . . ." Shikka crouched down and readied to pounce but her attack was thwarted by a sharp blow to the back of to head by Genkai. Shikka countered with a swipe from her muscular paws sending Genkai sprawling across the ring. Genkai was down. Shikka was almost too much for her old body . . . almost. She was up again on the count of seven. Genkai raised her fists and went toward Shikka. "SPIRIT WAVE!" A beam of light flooded from Genkai's palm.
Fear flashed in the Shikka leopard's brown eyes. "Change!" The Shikka leopard roared. The leopard sprouted wings and its body grew slender and feathers began to appear. The Shikka leopard was now a red hawk. Genkai's spirit wave shot right past Shikka, singeing some of her tail feathers. "Nah, nah, you missed me!" Shikka cawed. Genkai fell to her knees, drained from her last attack. Good, her energy is draining. Shikka thought. I don't think I could dodge another attack like that.
"Change!" Shikka cawed. Shikka's wings and feathers disappeared and in their place was a red fluffy tail and the sharp teeth of a fox. Her true and orginal form. "FOX FIRE!" Shikka growled. Blue flames burst from Shikka's mouth heading straight for Genkai. Genkai was too weak to dodge the blast, she clenched her teeth and squinted her eyes closed, bracing herself for the attack. The blast hit her fully in her back sending Genkai flying out of the ring.
Shikka had won the fight but now it was time for Kurama and Inuyasha's. And that's not going to be a fight you'll soon forget.