InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ .::Dejected Copy::. ❯ (ONE-SHOT) ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or anybody slightly connected to Inuyasha, because if I did, I would have a first class ticket to the looney bin.
------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------

. ::Dejected Copy::.

(one shot)

Normal POV -

Everybody - and 'everybody' consisting of the infamous shard hunting group and Kaede, thought that Inuyasha had given up on his foolish wish to be a full-blooded demon.

And he had. In a way.

Yet not. In another.

Kagome had been competing desperately for Inuyasha's attentions. It seemed since that fateful day on her birthday that she happened to fall through the well. And yet, even now - for 5 years, it was as if she was trying to capture a heart that was taken away more than fifty-five years ago. It was no longer the naivety and innocence that filled Kagome Higurashi - but almost a sense of pure, solid and complete and utter desperation. Still trying to prove herself worthy and better than a supposed pile of ashes and bones. Yet she did it without speaking.

The demon slayer had given up on slapping the young miko out of it, who had become like a sister to her, and finally just let her wait to get heart broken.

The 'Osuwari's' became few and far in-between as Inuyasha was there less and less and Kagome kept escaping to her time when Inuyasha wasn't there to stop his precious shard detector.

That name wasn't even used much anymore, neither was 'bitch','wench', or any other degrading names - but then again her name wasn't said much either. The shards were all collected, and the jewel had been completed for some time. Considering the time it had been shattered. Yet, it just seemed to hang there aroung the miko's neck - the only alive thing wherever they traveled. As if an eerie depressionhad crept up on Japan.

It was a day like any other, just like they had come to expect, yet then again the days and nights and afternoons all blurred together now. So who knew what to call it?

Words hadn't been spoken in a while when the hanyou came up to the miko and asked quietly, yet rather gruffly for the completed jewel. She complied silently, a little suprised. He grabbed it from her and walked a distance way. He gave one last look back before dissapearing into the woods.

Everyone sat back down, consumed to they're silent pathetic moping, when a bright light burst from Kagome's chest and traveled to somewhere deep within the forest. The miko's eyes were wide with shock before they closed and she collapsed on the ground. The rest of the group still in camp, rushed over to her, to find her dead and without a soul.

Just moments later, a very human looking Inuyasha came walking out the forest with a very alive looking Kikyo.

The group was angry, but looking back at the face of the souless, dead, shocked miko - no one even had the heart to argue.

-------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------------