InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ “How Did I Fall In Love With You?” ❯ “How Did I Fall In Love With You?” ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha he belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. I also don't ownthe song “How Did I Fall In Love with you?”it belongs to the Backstreet Boys
 
Summary:Everyone is in college. InuYasha has a fight with his best friend Kagome because of his feelings for her. She doesn't know how he feels and says `yes' when another boy asks her out, which is what caused the fight. InuYasha wants to tell Kagome how he really feels but doesn't think she will hear him out. So how will him owning his own night club help him? Read and find out
 
“How Did I Fall In Love With You?”
 
A boy was pacing back and forth in his room muttering to himself about telling someone something. He was dragged from is thoughts by the voice of another male from across the room, “So…have you told her yet Yash?” Yash stopped his pacing and faced his friend with a scowl on his face. “Of course I haven't told her yet Miroku. If I had told her do you think I would be pacing back and forth in my room like a caged animal?” Miroku had to laugh at his friend's analogy considering exactly `what' InuYasha was. You see InuYasha is no ordinary human, no he is a `hanyou'half-human half-demon; dog demon to be precise. The reason he was pacing his room was because he was nervous, nervous because he was trying to find a way to tell his best friend that he had fallen in love with her. He had decided it was time to finally come out and admit it to him self and to admit it to her as well. He had gotten really mad earlier that day and they had had a fight.
 
<Flashback>
 
The fight was stupid and mostly his fault, you see they were all sitting at the lunch table at school when Kouga walked up to the table and asked if he could talk to Kagome alone for a moment. Kagome, being the kind hearted person she was agreed to talk to him; much to InuYasha's displeasure. So Kagome got up and walked a few feet away from the table with Kouga right behind her. InuYasha watched as Kouga took a hold of Kagome's hand and proceeded to ask her out on a date for this Friday night (A/N: It's Thursday). He felt his blood start to boil and a low threatening growl started in his throat. The growl started to die down when he heard her say `no' but rose back up again when he persisted and he knew Kagome was just too kind-hearted to say no again and hurt someone's feelings. So his growl grew louder as she came to sit back down and she was now able to hear it. “Is something wrong Yash?” she questioned him; “You're damn right something is wrong! How could you agree to go out with…with that wolf, Kagome?” he spat the word wolf like it was poison to him. “What do you mean `how could I agree'? He asked and I said yes InuYasha stood up and just stared at her and said, “You are NOT going out with him you hear me!” at this Kagome stood up to face him eye to eye and asked, “Says who? You? What do you care anyway InuYasha? Huh?” he just stared back at her unable to speak. `Come Yash say something…please' Kags thought to her self; `Come on you dope TELL her!!' InuYasha's brain screamed at him. But neither had the courage to speak their minds, so InuYasha just got up and left the table and Kagome sat back down.

<End Flashback>
 
<Elsewhere>
 
A girl paced back and forth in her room mumbling to her self about how stubborn dog demons could be, especially a certain half-dog demon. She was brought out of her ramblings by the voice of her friend from her spot seated on her bed. “Would you stop that Kagome you're making me dizzy” Sango said as she flung herself backwards on the bed. “I can't help it Sango, he just…just makes me so…so mad sometimes” Kagome said as she sat down on the bed beside her friend. “Well you know how much InuYasha hates Kouga?” Sango commented. “I don't care how much he hates him; Kouga is my friendbesides what does he care anyway? It's not like he likes me or anything” Kagome said the last part mostly to her self, but Sango managed to catch it but said nothing. Sango looked up at her friend after a few minutes and watched her fumble through her closet to find something to wear and shook her head thinking `If only you knew Kags. You had better do something quick Yash or you just might loose her.' Sango was brought from her musings when she felt her phone starting to shake signaling an in-coming call.
 
<Back at Yash's a few minutes earlier>
 
“So what do you plan to do about telling her Yash?” Miroku questioned his friend as he sat down in a large black beanbag chair near the door. “I don't know Miroku…I just don't know. I doubt she will even speak to me after that outburst at school InuYasha sighed as he sat down on his bed to think some more. “Say Yash do you know where it is Kouga is taking Kagome to?” Inu looked over to his friend with a puzzled look “No, Where?” Miroku smirked `This should get him thinking' “Oh? Well he plans on taking her to her favourite hang out” It took him a second but once he realized where Kouga planed on taking her he couldn't help the loud threatening growl that echoed in his chest. Miroku just laughed to himself; “He plans on taking her WHERE!!!!” InuYasha growled out “Yeah he plans on taking her to the `Fang & Arrow' because it is her favourite place” (Yash's growl got louder) Yash's voice was just about a whisper now “That mangy fleabag plans on taking MY Kagome to MY night club for a date? “Yup” Miroku quipped, than all of a sudden InuYasha's growl stopped and he got a devilish grin on his face “Hey monk come here I have a plan
 
A few minuets later Miroku was calling Sango to inform her of Yash's plan.
 
<Back with Sango and Kagome>
 
Sango reached for her phone to answer it when it started to ring.
 
(A/N: Phone talk: Sango & Miroku)
 
“Hello?”
“Hey Sango,where you at?”
Oh hey Miroku I'm at Kagome's why?”
 
Kagome looked over at Sango when she answered her phone than went back to searching for an outfit in her closet.
 
“Is she in the room with you now?”
“Yeah”
“Ok; this is important, I'm at InuYasha's right now and we have been talking for a bit about what happened today and how to fix it. Ok?”
“Ok, hold on a second Miroku”
 
Sango got up from the bed and started to walk out of the room when Kagome asked where she was going, “Oh, just to get a drink Kags be back in a minute. Ok?” “Ok Sango” Kagome said over her shoulder as she resumed her search.
 
Sango walked into the hallway to continue her conversation with Miroku with out Kagome overhearing.
“So, how does he plan on fixing this one? She is really depressed this time”
“Well do you think you could get her to the club tonight?”
“I don't know? I could try…no, no I'll get her there don't worry about that. So what time do you want us there?”
“Well…what time is it now… (Checks watch)…Well it'sabout 6:30 now so do you think you could get her here by, say 8:00. That should give us enough time to set up. Ok so see you then?”
“Yup we'll be there bye Miroku”
“Bye Sango”
Beep (hangs up)
 
Sango went down stairs to get her drink and grabbed one for Kags to and went back up to the room to somehow get Kagome to come with her to the `Fang & Arrow', InuYasha's night club.
 
<With InuYasha and Miroku>
 
Ok InuYasha, Sango says she will get Kagome there by about 8:00 so lets go and set up for her. Ok” Miroku informed his friend after he hung up his phone. InuYasha just gave a nod as he stood up to grab his things and leave. The two were out the door and in their cars on their way to the club with in a few minuets.
 
<One hour later>
 
“Come on Kagome let's just go, I hear there is a special event at the club tonight” Sango pleaded with her `sister'. “Sango I don't really want to go…I mean I do but InuYasha will most likely be there and I don't know if I'm ready to talk to him yet…I'm still a little mad” Kagome was sitting on her bed and Sango was pacing back and forth in front of her trying to think of ANY way to get Kagome to go with her. Then it hit her and she thought `you owe me big for this Yash,' Sango got down on her knees in front of Kagome and clasped her hands together. “Please Kagome…please come with me…please” Sango was begging and put on her puppy dog face that she knew Kagome couldn't resist. “Ok Sango…fine I'll go alright”
 
Soon the girls were on their way to the club after picking out something good to wear.
 
<About 15 min later in the parking lot of the Fang & Arrow>
 
I can't do this Sango” Kagome stated as Sango pulled into a parking spot and turned off the car. Sango turned to face Kags and sighed “Yes you can Kagome” Sango reassured her friend. “But what if InuYasha is here? I don't want to start a fight here” Kagome just hung her head and stared at her hands folded in her lap. “Well? He might be here Kags it is his club and look (points out the car window to the neon sign) the info board says something about a special event tonight, so lets just go inside and have fun regardless of what happens. Ok?” Kagome looked up after hearing what Sango had to say and smiled saying “Ok.” And with that they got out of the car and walked to the entrance.
 
<Inside with the boys>
 
“Ok are the lights ready? Hey Miroku is there table set up and waiting? Are they here yet?” InuYasha barked out orders from behind the stage. Miroku walked over to his frustrated friend and placed a hand on his shoulder “Calm down Yash, everything is going to be fine. They'll be here soon and yes their table is ready” InuYasha let out the breath he was holding and looked at Miroku over his shoulder “Thanks…here can you put this on their table please” Inu handed an envelope to Miroku and walked away to get ready. Miroku looked at the letter in his hand and went to place it at the table. As he was leaving to walk back to the stage he noticed that Sango and Kagome were walking in, so he ran to inform his friend.
 
<With the girls>
 
Sango and Kagome walked up to their table and sat down. Once seated Kagome noticed an envelope addressed to her. She glanced over to Sango who just shrugged saying `I don't know'. Kagome just went back to the letter and turned it over to open it. She pulled out the paper inside and saw it was in InuYasha's handwriting and proceeded to read it. It read:
 
Dear Kagome:
I was wrong today,but I just couldn't stand the thought of you with him.
And I am sorry for fighting with you.
I hope you can find it in you to forgive me, and
Please accept to my apology.
Love InuYasha
 
Kagome closed her eyes as she let the last few tears fall. Than she looked up at Sango and handed her the note when she asked for it, Sango looked over the note and sighed. Sango then looked up to see Miroku by the stage waving for her to come over. “Um Kagome…I have to go the restroom I'll be right back Ok” Kagome just nodded as Sango got up and left, Kags was too caught up in her thoughts to notice that Sango walked off in the direction of the stage and not the bathrooms. Upon reaching Miroku he pulled her backstage to talk.
 
<Backstage>
 
“Great Sango you got her here just on time. I swear Yash was going to blow if she didn't show up” Sango looked at him and sighed in relief “Well…it wasn't easy, I-I even had to beg her. So what exactly does InuYasha have planed Miroku?” Miroku went wide eyed at the mention of Sango `begging' Kagome to come to the club tonight “Really? YOU begged Kagome to come?” Sango just sent him a look that said `Drop it NOW!!' “Ok, well Yash plans to sing tonight” Miroku informed. “Sing? Wow that is so sweet, and so not Inu; where did he get that idea. Oh and did you get him to write that note to Kags because it was very sweet?” Sango asked, Miroku just shook his head `No'.
 
<With InuYasha in his POV>
 
I stared out from behind the curtain as she walked in and headed to their table. Shelooks sad. That's myfault I thought. I hung my head in shame for a minute or two and when I looked up I saw that she had found my letter to her. I watch as she opens it and starts to read it, I felt my heart skip a beat when I pick up the sent of tears but evens out when I see a smile on her face. I promise I won't make you sad again Kagome I silently vow to myself before I turn around to get my guitar and get ready for my performance. I love you Kags
 
<Normal POV back at table few minutes later>
 
Kagome looked around the room to find Sango. She was about to get up and go look for her when the house lights dimmed and the stage light came on, signaling the start of a performance. Kagome sat back down and hopes Sango would get back in time to see the show. `I mean that is why she wanted to come to night wasn't it…to see the show???' Kagome thought to herself. Little did she know that Sango was backstage watching her with Miroku to help out with the lighting for the show.
 
Miroku signaled to Sango to turn on the stage spotlight, signaling InuYasha that they were ready to start. Than from behind the curtain a voice came over the speakers. “Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Fang & Arrow, the HOTEST night club in town” the crowd yelled in agreement. The voice continued, “Tonight's performance will start momentarily and we hope you all enjoy it” with that the speakers clicked signaling that the speaker was done for now.
 
`That sounded like Miroku' Kagome mused to herself `But, InuYasha usually does the intros for the new acts…it Miroku is doing them then…where is InuYa…' Kagome was brought from her thoughts when InuYasha's voice came on the microphone. “Hello everyone. Now, some of you may just know me as a classmate from school, some of you may just know me as the owner of this club. But to night you can all just call me a jerk. Yeah that's right a jerk, I hurt someone who means a lot to me. We had a fight over something stupid and I just wanted to apologize to her tonight. And if she can find it in herself to forgive me there is something else I would like to say, I am going to tell her with a song” with his little speech done he turned around and gave the cue to the band and to Miroku that he was ready to start.
 
`Is…is he talking about me? But what else does he have to tell me? Sing? He's going to…sing?' she thought. Kagome listened as the soft music started to play and watched as InuYasha turned back to the mike and turned to look at…`me?' she thought. Than he started to sing:
 
“Remember when, we never needed each other
The best of friends like
Sister and Brother
We understood, we'd never be
,
Alone

Those days are gone, and I want so much
The night is long and I need your touch
Don't know what to say
I never meant to feel this way
Don't want to be
Alone tonight

What can I do, to make you mine
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?”
 
Kagome just stared back at him in Aww, `L-Love? He loves…me? Oh InuYasha…I-I love you too' tears started to fall from her eyes as she smiled up at him. He continued:
 
I hear your voice
And I start to tremble
Brings back the child that, I resemble

I cannot pretend, that we can still be friends
Don't want to be,
Alone tonight

What can I do, to make you mine
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?
 
As InuYasha continued to sing Miroku and Sango started to switch on another spot light only this one was turned to land on Kagome, bathing her in a warm pink light.
 
Oh I want to say this right
And it has to be tonight
Just need you to know, oh yeah

I don't want to live this life
I don't want to say goodbye
With you I wanna spend
The rest of my life
 
`I would gladly spend the rest of my life with you, all you have to do is ask' Kagome, knowing the song was almost over started to get up and walk to the stage as he kept singing. He watched as she rose from her chair and started to walk towards him. Miroku kept the spot light on her the whole time. The whole club had gone silent when he had started to sing and even now all you could hear was some soft whispers of, `That's so sweet' from a few of the girls and a couple of `This guy's got guts' from the guys. Kagome and InuYasha ignored it all they only focused on each other. InuYasha just kept singing and watching her.
 
What can I do, to make you mine
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?

What can I do, to make you mine
Falling so hard so fast this time
Everything's changed, we neve
r knew
Kagome had now reached the stage and InuYasha had turned to face her now he was singing right to her.
 
How did I fall,
in love
,
with you?
 
As he sang the last lines of the song Kagome came up on the stage to stand right in front of him. Everything was quite, Inu lowered the microphone and looked her in the eyes and said, “Kagome…do you forgive me?” Kagome just nodded and than she flung herself into his arms hugging him tightly tears of joy still falling from her eyes. InuYasha hugged her back just as strong, “I love you InuYasha and yes I forgive you…” she said into his shoulder. “I love you” she whispered again as she pulled back to look into his face, only to be pulled into a deep kiss to which she returned whole heartedly.
 
The club erupted in loud cheers as the couple shared a kiss on stage, thus bringing them back to reality and spreading a light blush on their cheeks. Backstage Sango was in tears she was so happy for her `sister', she had finally found someone to love and be loved back. She turned around to her boyfriend and gave him a hug and said “I love you.” Miroku returned the hug and…
 
<Back on stage>
 
The cheering had subsided; InuYasha and Kagome were about to walk off the stage to go and talk when there was a loud -SALP- -THUD- followed by a scream of “HENTAI! Can't keep your hands to your self for one minute!!?”
 
THE END