InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 'life' and 'death' ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

/*Dream*/

The rain was pouring down like bullets as the darkness of the night sky seemed to consume all of light that the street lights were producing. A flash of lightning struck a tree right in front of Kagome as she sped along the rainy streets of Tokyo. She looked down at her speedometer, 75…79…82…89….95… `Shit', she mentally cursed to her self. `How the fuck are they able to keep up. Why won't they just fucking give up???'

It had been raining for 5 days straight now; the ground was swelling with the excess moisture. Kagome tried to steady the sport bike that she was on, a 2004 Yamaha R1, to be exact. Its stunning paint scheme, red with black and silver accents, seemed to accent her perfectly. She was dressed from head to toe in black leather, from her boots, to her pants, to her long flowing jacket. The bike really wasn't hers; it was the first vehicle that she came upon as she was fleeing for her life. She was driving with her right hand while with her left hand she clung tightly to a large duffle bag that was pressed up against her chest.

A loud crash of thunder could be heard for miles as five guys on motorcycles gained on Kagome. As the sped along the practically abandoned streets, water splashed up every where. The faster Kagome went, the faster they went.

She knew these mean streets like the back of her palm, she had visited Tokyo so many times; therefore, it was time to try and outrun these bastards. In a quick decision Kagome made a sharp right turn which led her down a dark, long, deserted ally. Her bike skidded slightly and sent a wave of water crashing against the burnt orange and red bricks of a near by building. Three of the men followed her through the ally. One man did a sharp 180 in order to backtrack to the previous block's intersection with the intentions of cutting the woman off. The fifth man sped up to the intersection in front of him in an attempt to create a circle around the woman.

Kagome kept driving through the ally. She had to slow down considerably due to the large amount of debris, dumpsters, and an occasional drug addict who would jump from out of no where. Her eyes opened widely in shock as she saw a dead end right in front of her. Well, there would have been an option of turning right or left but two men had beat her as they stood on the ground, each having picked up an object that could be used as a weapon, awaiting her presence. Kagome tried to break hard in order to avoid a crash but she was going too fast and decided to stop too sudden that she completely lost control and skidded for about fifty feet to an abrupt stop as the front of the bike crashed into a hard green metal dumpster. `God damnit', she cursed to herself. Kagome had managed to sort position her self on top of the bike as it skidded to a stop while protecting her precious cargo with both of her arms. As the bike came crashing into the dumpster she jumped up into the air and landed behind her busted up bike.

The other three thugs who had been right on her tail came to a halt and quickly jumped off of their bikes to join their other two companions who had been waiting for everyone.

"Well, Well, what do we have here," one of them said.

"Mr. Hiragarshi is not going to be pleased... You're supposed to be dead, and it's quite obvious to see that you are not, bitch" the second one replied with a chuckle.

"Well that's just too damn bad. I feel sorry for you boys…Yea, I really do" she said as she pulled the black scratched up helmet off of her, which at the same time allowed for her raven black hair to cascade down around her face.

"Now listen up, I'm going to give you two options: option A, you can go fuck yourselves, and then proceed to kill your selves and forget that you know I'm alive, since you'll obviously be dead, or option B, I'll kill you myself," Kagome replied while grinning at the mischievously at the five men who were now standing together in a group.

"Listen little lady, you are in no position to be saying such things; we're going to complete our task and collect our money," said the guy who seemed to be the leader of the other four. "But just for the hell of it, we choose option C."

Kagome leaned over slightly and threw her duffle bag up against a wall and a dumpster. She arose with fury in her eyes and took her fighting stance. Her fingers reached down to her sides and brought out two daggers. The base of both had giant pearls that gave off a green radiant glow. The handle of the dagger in her right hand shimmered a brilliant light pink while the other ones handle gleamed a beautiful bright blue. Such fine weapons as these were priceless. The blade it's self was 7 inches long; seven inches of sharp, tiny, jagged edges. If one were to inspect them more closely, it would be easy to see "life" carved onto one of the blades while "death" was carved onto the other. Kagome quickly brought the knives up to her chest as she crossed her right arm over her left, waiting for the fight.

"Aww, I'm sorry to tell you," She said with heavy sarcasm, "that there is NO option C..." "Sleep well for when you awake, you'll be burning in the fiery pits of hell," she stated coldly with a grim, emotionless face.

The first man leapt at Kagome with foolish stupidity, his arms flying in every direction. She easily blocked the wrath of his arms and stabbed him once in the back with her right arm, and once more in the back with her left. He fell instantly to the ground as blood spewed out of his fatal wounds.

`He must be new, or maybe lack training,' she thought to her self.

The second and third guys came flying at her with the intention of double teaming her and knocking her to the ground. She instead jumped over them and criss-crossed her blades on their backs, leaving giant slashes while in the air making her decent to the ground behind them. They turned around in pain ready to defend themselves but Kagome reacted quickly and kicked both of them in the stomach which caused them to slam up against a brick wall, temporarily knocking the wind out of them. She wasted no time and quickly plunged both daggers into their chest, respectively, and pulled them down until she couldn't pull down any further. As soon as Kagome removed her daggers from the two men, the plummeted to the floor and hit it with a loud `thud'.

Kagome spun around on one heel and grinned at the two remaining guys. They stood their ground, one tapping a metal pipe in his hand that he had picked on up on the ground earlier, and the other clutching a 2x4 board. She extended her hand out and motioned for them to just bring it.

The man carrying the 2x4 stepped forward and gladly accepted the woman's challenge. "Those three might have been easy, but I will definitely take care of business," he replied with a cocky tone.

Kagome simply rolled her eyes at this.

The man charged at her but Kagome dodged his first attack. As she was dodging he took a swing at her with the 2x4 and grazed her right side ever so slightly. He took another swing at her with the board. Kagome ducked and dodge this as well.

When she stood up she raised her leg and kicked the man squarely on his elbow. The impact caused him to drop the 2x4 that he was carrying. He brought his other hand to his elbow that was throbbing in pain. He quickly shook off the pain and concentrated on the task which lay ahead of him: killing the girl.

The thug did a spinning heel kick to Kagome's face. She flew back but quickly regained her footing. A small trickle of blood began to flow from her lip. She took her hand to her face and wiped it off with a small smirk. Seeing and tasting her own blood only brought out the fighter in her. It brought back the memories of what she was fighting for.

Kagome took a swing at the man's cheek with her "life" dagger, which he easily dodged. He did not see her "death" dagger flying at his stomach as it plunged into his flesh and organs. Kagome pushed his lifeless body off of her dagger and watched as it lifelessly fell to the ground.

`Four down, one to go,' she thought to herself.

The last man, the leader to the fallen group, titled his head to the side and gave Kagome a creepy smile before speaking. "Well, well, well, it seems that you are more of a pain than I once thought little girl."

He stealthily moved his hand to the inside of his jacket, getting a firm grip on the gun that he kept concealed. He pulled the colt 45 with laser sights out swiftly as he released the metal pipe in the other hand, causing the prefect distraction.

Before Kagome could reply to the man's words there was a gun pointing towards her, with the red laser marking for perfect aim.

"It looks like this once manageable situation has turned into a not so manageable situation," he replied with confidence.

"If you'll just answer one question, I won't waste anymore time before killing you."

"Tell me honey, who are you, and why does Mr. Hiragarshi wish for you to be dead?" The man raised one eyebrow awaiting his question to be answered.

Kagome's eyes filled with hatred as that man's name was mention. She clenched her fists even harder around her `life' and `death'.

"First off, don't you EVER call my honey." "Secondly, that's more than one question, asshole. " "And last but not least, that man who you mention, that heartless fucking bastard of a man, is the one whom I once called father… I am his daughter, Kagome," she replied with has much hatred as humanly possible.

The man let out a slight gasp. Were the rumors really true? Did he really have his whole family assassinated? Could his employer really kill off his own daughter? But it didn't matter; he had a job to do, and a duty to fulfill.

"Aw, how heart breaking. Oh well, too bad, so sad. It's your turn to die… And by the way, I hope you die as easily as your mother, grandfather, brother, and baby sister did."

With those words the man released a single bullet. He knew those words would catch her off guard; they would temporary paralyze her.

Kagome tried to run but the bullet caught her arm, causing her to drop her weapons and fall to her knees while clutching her wounded arm.

The man slowly walked towards her. He reached his arm out to Kagome, took her chin in one hand, and lifted her head up towards the sky. With a flick of his arm he pistol whipped Kagome, sending her face flying to the opposite direction. Blood began to flow down her face. Kagome took the pain with pride, she wasn't about to let anyone know that they had hurt her. With that in mind, she turned her face back towards him and spat out her saliva mixed with blood directly on him. This only angered the man.

"Say good night honey, this is the last fucking breath that you will ever take," he stated while he then raised his gun, bringing it level to her forehead.

"Goodnight honey," she said with a deep hoarse voice and nailed him in the balls with her fist nailed. The blow caused him to lose all control in his body, he tried to pull the trigger but the pain seemed to block all motor control that he once possessed.

Kagome took no time for granted and picked up the gun. She aimed at his heart and released round after round until all that could be heard was the empty clicking of the gun. She wanted to take out all the pain, all the suffering, and all the rage that was pent up inside of her. The more she shot, the better she thought that she would feel. That sweet release never came.

After taking a deep breath, Kagome reached inside of her coat and pulled out a cell phone from a hidden pocket. She scrolled through a list of names until coming to the display which read "Sango." Kagome pushed the send button as she waited very impatiently for her friend to pick up the phone. One ring, two rings, three rings, rings…

"Hello?" a groggy voice answered.

"Sango, it's me… I'm in a lot of trouble." "I desperately need your help."

"Kagome, what's wrong; what is it?" "I'll do anything to help, you know that."

"He did it, he finally followed through… that bastard killed them," Kagome said with a slight sob as a throat seemed to clog up.

Sango let out a huge gasp. "Go on sweetie, tell me everything.

"We were at the condo in Tokyo. I knew that it wasn't going to be good. Grandpa was on his death bed… I just had this feeling that he wasn't going to be made. It was going to go to one of his other brothers, it made him furious. I also know that he's been a rouge man in the family for the longest time, hiring out to whoever will pay the right price. He's also been getting into too much of the stash, if you know what I mean… Apparently it's to `take the edge off,' as he liked to say."

Sango barely let the "mmhmmm," that squeezed past her lips.

"When he came home tonight, he had stormed into the kitchen where Mom was making fresh ravioli. Souta played with little Rinny on the floor and I sat on the couch watching them play. He punched her right in the face several times. I heard this and stood up in living room but I knew not to interfere because it would only bring on more pain for her. He told me so many times, if I ever try to stop him, he would kill Rinny in her peaceful slumber. He always thought that Rinny was one of his brother's offspring. He kept yelling at her for being disloyal like those bastard brothers of his.' She denied it of course, but the more she denied things, the more he hit her. After about ten minutes he ran off and slammed the door while cursing profusely while going into his office. I ran into the kitchen to console mom, she of course said that she was fine and promised that things would get better. She said this while a single tear rolled off of her cheek. She told me Sango, she told me that tonight was the night we were all escaping from this home, this place that had became hell to us. I asked her how and why. She just said that Uncle Daichi and the others were fed up with the shit his younger brother was doing. He said that there were rumors that the bastard had gathered up a small group of men who wished to rise up against the family and over throw the current powers. Word on the underground was that the bastard had also taken out a contract on all of our heads. I didn't dare tell Souta because I didn't want to scare him. Mom whispered that she had a duffle bag packed with money and some other personal things that we were supposed to take, and she told me where it was hidden."

Kagome let out another deep sigh. It was so hard admitting this to anyone, but she knew that Sango would understand. Sango knew what it was like growing up in the shadows of the mafia.

With choked sobs, Kagome tried to tell her friend the rest of the story.

"It all happened so fast, I was holding Rin, Souta was walking down the stairs that led to the kitchen, and mom was taking dinner out of the oven. It seemed like 30 guys stormed though the front door, the patio door, the windows, the back door, and they even came up through the basement. Everything started to spin, I saw them shoot mom dead point blank, right through her head. Souta tried running up the stairs screaming for dad but he was shot multiple times in the back before he even made it two feet. I put Rinny down in the play room, told her to stay there while I ran down another hall to find anything for a weapon. When I was running back into the kitchen, I got there just in time to see my baby sister fall to the ground. Her young, innocent blood splattered everywhere.... I dropped to my knees in defeat, I didn't even want to fight anymore, and all my reasons to live had been taken away in less than minutes. I collapsed onto the floor and soaked in my family's blood. My dad then walked into the room and he smiled, he fucking smiled at all the carnage that lay right in front of him. He took a gun out from his waist and aimed it right at me. I didn't breath, I didn't move, I didn't even blink. I guess I tricked him…The last think I remember is him order someone to call a clean up crew. He proudly announced that all the marks had been eliminated."

"Oh my God, Kagome…" Sango had hot tears running down her face.

"And when the crew got to the house, I hid. I watched them dispose of the bodies. I thought about just letting them kill me Sango, Instead I chose life. I made a run for it after I thought they had gone. It was a small crew of five, but they were still outside smoking cigars as they lit the house on fire. Someone saw me, and they chased me for what seems like hours. For fucks sake, I don't even know what time it is. All I know is that I'm in some creepy ally, with five dead bodies, and I just want to get the fuck out of here. I want to leave Sango, I need out. H-…h-help… please."

Sango gathered her voice. "I'm on my way, don't worry Kaggie, I'll find someone to take care of the clean up."

"Thanks." Kagome could barely talk. She looked all around her. It was another carnage scene, a scene that had grown all too familiar throughout her childhood. She closed her flip phone, picked up her duffle bad, and began to walk towards the brighter street lights.

The rain washed away a lot of the blood but it would never wash away the pain. No, this pain was deep within her soul, it consumed her. Everything she loved had been taken away from her, never to return. If everything she loved was gone, then who was left to love her? Her answer "no one."

/*End Dream*/

Kagome woke up out of her most frequent occurring nightmare. Sweat rolled down her pale cheeks. She looked out the window. It was storming again. It seemed like it always stormed on those bad nights…