InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 'life' and 'death' ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sorry, I don't really like Author notes but I suppose this one is necessary. To view Kagome's dress, please follow this link:

http://img67.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Auti2hottie/greensi lkchiffondressversace.jpg

Also, sorry for messing up the chapters, I had to reload them all. Okay, well that's it until next time…. Read on. Enjoy.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything regarding Inuyasha.

Previously:

"Kagome, I'll pick you up tomorrow; say 7:30pm, for dinner."

Before she could get a word in he had pushed the door close button and went on up to his floor. Had this man that she had just met asked her out on a date? `No it was more of a statement… you will go to dinner with me' she mocked him in her mind. She was so frustrated and infatuated with him at the same time.

She stood at the entrance of her door and entered her security code. It was time for bed.

**********

Chapter 3

It was nearly 4:00 pm before Kagome could force her body to leave the comforts of her bed. Her 1000 count, 100% Egyptian cotton sheets felt like the finest silk against her legs. The only reason she actually did get out of bed was because her phone was ringing. `Damnit, why didn't I bring it back in here when I got home?'

Kagome ran as fast as she could to answer it but by the time she actually found it, it was too late. `Note to self: under the couch is not a good place for a phone… no wait, cancel previous note… new note to self: buy more cordless phones and place them throughout my apartment.'

She was thinking about laughing at her own joke but it seemed rather pointless: the doorbell was ringing. Kagome quickly assessed her outfit. `Shit.' She was wearing a light blueish lace cami with matching boy shorts underwear.

"Just a second!" she yelled while running to her bathroom to grab a robe. She opened the door without looking to see who it was as she was tying her robe up properly.

"Oh God Kagome, don't tell me you're just getting out of bed."

"And it's very nice to see you too Sango." "Won't you come in and fill my day with warmth, happiness, wisdom, and sunshine?" Kagome stuck her tongue out at her friend.

Sango laughed at Kagome as she stepped into Kagome's apartment.

"So what have you been up to?" "Haven't seen you in a few days," Kagome asked her friend with a grin knowing damn well what her friend had been up to.

"I tried to call, but obviously you couldn't find your phone, or maybe it was just that you hadn't gotten your lazy ass out of bed."

If Sango wanted to be a smart ass, Kagome knew that two could play that game. "Okay, then I should ask WHO you have been up to." Kagome laughed as she saw a slight blush creep up onto Sango's cheeks.

"KAGOME!" Sango paused, she decided that this was an uncomfortable subject and it needed to be changed, immediately.

"We're going out tonight, and I won't take no for an answer." "It's time for just us girls to go out for more than just business; it's time for us to have some plain old fun, like we used to in the good ole' days."

Kagome was shocked with her friend's forwardness. She really hadn't expected it; but in her own mind, she knew that Sango was right. She rarely left her place with the intentions of just hanging out with Sango. Kagome was always helping out her uncles and doing the little odd jobs that they had for her. At first her uncles had been hesitant. However, they knew that their little princess would not take no for an answer: she was just like her father, in a way. Kagome was the most respected mafia woman of the Hirigarshi family. After the death of her family, Kagome had changed. She became somewhat cold, somewhat distant, and very determined, as if she had some type of point to prove to some unknown person.

"I can't go tonight Sango…" Sango raised her eyebrow but didn't have a change to ask Kagome why before Kagome finished her sentence "..Because… supposedly I'm supposed to have a date tonight."

"WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!" " With who, why when where how????"

"Geeeeez, what's with the five-hundred questions?" "It's just with a guy I met last night." "Umm, Inuyasha I think his name was?"

"No way, no way in hell." Sango was completely taken off guard by Kagome's response. There was no way in hell that she would ever let Kagome go out with the likes him. She knew him, they were friends, but there was still no way in HELL that Kagome would ever go out with that two-timing playboy. Inuyasha held no true concern or respect for anyone that he so-called "dated", at least not anymore.

"Kagome, forget that date and get dressed, we're going to the new club that's opening up tonight. I won't take no for an answer and I'm going to tell Inuyasha that you are busy tonight; in fact, I'm going to tell him that you are busy for all of the other nights of your life as well. Please just trust me; I love him to death, but stay away from this one."

Before Kagome could even protest to her friend's wish, Sango vanished.

*************

Sango was on a mission: find Inuyasha, yell at Inuyasha, and kill Inuyasha.

She made her way to the fifteenth floor. As soon as she reached the door her fist was pounding on it with all the fury that she could muster. "INUYASHA, YOU GET YOUR STUPID ASS TO THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!!!!!"

From outside she could hear the stumbling, the groaning, and the occasional curse that slipped his lips. Inuyasha swung open the door, standing nearly naked in his black boxer-brief underwear.

"What the fuck Sango, can't a guy get some fucking sleep?" He stood there with a very irritated look on his face.

"Inuyasha, what the hell is this I hear about you asking Kagome on a date?"

"Kagome? Who the fuck is she?"

"Umm, the girl that you were most likely trying to seduce sometime in the past two days while I have been gone!"

"I don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about; I don't even know who this Kagome bitch is." God, his head hurt.

A female made her way to the door where Inuyasha stood. "Baby vat are vou doing?" "Come back to de bed," she seductively told him.

Inuyasha groaned out loud when he meant it to be a silent groan in his head. "Kiki, I think it's time for you to leave; it's not you, it's me."

Sango raised an eyebrow to her friend. "Practiced that line much, Yash?"

"Feh," he answered.

"Oh I see. So you came home, most likely drunk, run into my sweet, innocent, little Kagome, most likely hit on her, asked her out, and then make some type of booty call to one of your many girlfriends as soon as Kagome turned you down?"

"I am his only girlfriend!" Kiki replied as she held her clothes under one arm and tripped as she walked out the door. Sango and Inuyasha both rolled their eyes.

"Listen Sango, not that this is any of your concern, but I don't remember fucking talking to this stupid fucking girl, so that means that none of this ever fucking happened. God damn woman, chill the fuck out!"

This was enough to set off Sango's already raging temper. She raised a hand to the side of Inuyasha mouth and slapped him so hard that it left a mark. "I don't ever want to hear of you coming any where near Kagome, do you under stand?" "She has been through enough for ten thousand live times and she does not need an Inuyasha Taiyouki added to that list." "Do I make myself clear?"

"Feh," was the only response that Sango got from him. She was just as shocked that she hit him as he was. Sango let out a sigh and "I'm sorry" look to Inuyasha. She hadn't meant to strike him but those words that he said; they angered her. No one would ever hurt Kagome again.

"Just… don't do anything to hurt her, you hear me?"

"Fine, Sango, I promise."

Sango left Inuyasha's and returned to her place.

*************

`Who the hell was he?' `Who the hell does he think he is asking me out??' `What an arrogant rude, cute, son of a bitch.' Kagome was taking out her frustration though working out in her gym while working up quite a sweat" Her black wife beater tank top was soaked all the way through as was her hair. Sweat was dripping down her face and running down her body. She kicked one of the dummies square in the chest while throwing a dagger at another that was positioned across the room. "UGGGGGGGGHH!!"

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" She yelled, thinking that it would most likely be Sango or else her one of her uncles since it had been a few weeks since she had seen either of them. Kagome kept on kicking and punching the various dummies that she had positioned in her gym. The visitor who knocked on her door walked slowing into the doorway, shocked at the scene that he was witnessing. He had never seen a girl move that fast, with such style and grace; it was almost like she was a ballerina dancing in an extremely violent ballet.

"wow" he whispered.

Kagome knew someone was standing in the frame of the door so she decided to have a little bit of fun. She did a triple back hand spring, grabbed the dagger that she had previously thrown, while at the same time pulling out her other concealed dagger. Kagome released both daggers behind her back. They flew back behind her so fast that Inuyasha didn't even have time to react. One landed in the frame of the door on his right side, while the other landed and stuck in the frame on his left side. She spun around with the biggest grin that he had ever seen; however, it soon faded as she realized who was standing in her house.

"You." She narrowed her eyes at him.

"What are you doing in my house?" Kagome replied smoothly, almost deadly.

"Umm... you said `come in', so I did."

Kagome knew that she had been had.

"Oh yea," She replied, not even aware that she had said anything out loud.

"Where did you learn to move like that, I mean, do that stuff?" Inuyasha asked.

"Since I was little."

A few minutes of silence past before anyone said anything. Her answer really didn't answer his question completely but it made sense to him.

"Kagome, right?" She nodded. "I just wanted to apologize for what ever I might have done, or said last night."

Kagome raised her eyebrow at him. `So is that where Sango stormed off to, to yell at him and force him to apologize?' `God, I look like shit.' `Why the hell do I care anyways, he's just a stupid, most likely rich, idiot.'

"So you don't remember?" She asked with a smirk.

"Not so much… was it that bad?"

"Well first you told me how beautiful I was, and then you said we should move in together, and then you asked me to marry you, so not that much I guess."

Kagome had an evil grin. Inuyasha just stood there completely shocked; he didn't even know what to say. She was laughing so hard on the inside that she really couldn't even take it anymore.

"Okay, I'm messing with you. You only asked me to go out tonight, but maybe now you'll think just a little bit harder before you speak."

Kagome reached over to a small shelf nearby and grabbed a town and patted her face down.

Inuyasha was pissed, no annoyed. Girls never acted this way around him. He was used to girls merely throwing themselves at his feet and offering whatever it was that he wanted. But she seemed different. For starters, she could kick some major ass. For second, was she actually joking around with him? An idea crossed his mind, and before he could think it over it ran out of his mouth as smoothly as flowing water.

"Well, I guess that offer still stands, if you want, that is." He immediately wanted to cringe in disbelief that he had actually asked a girl out. He ever asked a girl out, they asked him out!

"I'm not so sure that that would be the greatest idea…."

Inuyasha immediately felt a frown on his face.

"Oh come on, why not?"

"Sango.. she told me to stay away from you, Inuyasha."

It was the first time that he had heard her say his name, it sounded like the most beautiful thing that he had heard in a long time.

"Oh come one, live dangerously for once in you life." That cute grin reappeared on his face.

She smiled back at him. `If he only knew how dangerous my life actually has been, and is.' `As soon as he finds out he'll be running faster than I can throw a knife at him'

"Well Sango and I have plans already tonight-she said something about going to some new club that just opened up, I don't really know exactly where that is, but I guess, you could coincidently just happen to be there as well."

`She has the cutest little smile' Inuyasha snapped back to reality. "Don't worry, I'll be there," he said along with a little wink.

They both stood there in an awkward silence once again.

"Well I better go get ready, see you later then?" "Not that we're planning on it or anything," she added with a smirk.

"Yea, later...maybe," he smiled back at her as he left her gym and walked on down the short hallway and out her front door.

***************

`What should I wear?' `Where are we going?' `Note to self: Kill Sango later' Kagome was growing extremely frustrated.

She finally picked out a dress out of the many that her uncles had shipped to her on a weekly basis. She had seen this dress on a model at the spring fashion show, made a comment that it was pretty, and uncle's Daichi and Nori had it bought, in 10 different colors, and hung in her closet the very same night. Talk about power and connections.

Kagome stepped out of her changing room and spun around in the three panel mirror to admire the dress. It was a green silk chiffon Versace gown. Most of the dress was a deep olive green silk material. The cut on the top was slightly low. The green silk bunched up at the top and dipped down as is the fabric had just been draped down to cover her breasts. The torso of the dress was like a corset. A lighter, more golden green ribbons criss-crossed in the front on top of the dark olive fabric and made their way down to her hips where the ribbons ceased to cross any more. They were tied in a fashionable knot right around the left hip. The dress extended to about knee length, but a large slit, almost a triangular cut was made on the left side. The slit went all the way up to practically Kagome's hip. If the wind would blow just right, someone was sure to get quite the view! To make up for the more than generous slit, thin silk ruffles were placed on the ends of the fabric to make up for the amount of skin that was showing.

`Shit' she cursed to her self, she still had to do her hair and make-up before Sango started bitching. She quickly applied a golden eye shadow, black eyeliner, and black mascara. For her lips she chose a pink sheer lipstick that had a golden shimmer to it. She thought about putting her hair up into some sort of crazy up-do, but her clock told her otherwise. Instead she just went for the "messy, crazy, sexy, I look like I model anyway so I can get away with it" look. Her dress was so decorative and called enough attention all by it's self that she didn't even bother putting on a necklace. Instead she just put on a simple thin gold bracelet and a pair of green diamond earrings.

`Damn, I look good.' Kagome spun around once more as she walked by the mirror and giggled. She didn't know why, but her eternal sadness seemed to have disappeared for the time being. She had noticed that she was a lot more cheerful as of late. Maybe it was just time doing it's healing, or maybe it was something else.

She picked out the matching shoes, olive green two inch stilettos that had a small thin strap around her toes, and tied around her ankles like ballerina slippers would have done.

After finding the matching olive and golden green handbag, she was ready to go, and Sango was pounding at the door as she seemed to have given up on the doorbell like she usually did.

**************