InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 'life' and 'death' ❯ Chapter Ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own anything regarding Inuyasha.

Previously:

Kagome coughed and sputtered as the bubbles made there way into her mouth. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" she yelled as she felt her mood slipping once again. The hot water caressed her broken skin, it burned but felt warm and welcome at the same time. She felt the blood being washed away. Or maybe it was Inuyasha who had picked up a wash cloth, sat down besides her, and was now trying to remove all of the excess blood.

"I'm fucking helping you so shut the fuck up and let me help damnit."

Never had anyone helped her quite like this. It felt almost…good.

*************

Chapter Ten

Kagome closed her eyes for a second but remained cautious has he wiped the soft wash cloth carefully across her broken skin. It stung lightly as the mixture of water and several different soaps came in contact with her skin. She wanted to resist his care but couldn't. Her mind was screaming at her to stop this activity at once but her senses betrayed her. Being in this situation seemed to dull the pain that had been plaguing both her body soul and mind. Everything seemed to melt away with one generous act. For most of her adult life she had felt tainted. She felt unworthy of anything but pain. When people started to care, she'd shove them away. After two years, she still blamed her self. Giving in for one pain free moment wouldn't kill her, would it?

He scooted closer to her as she became more comfortable with him. He washed the blood off of the backs of both of her arms. He washed her neck off gently and ran the cloth back over her shoulder where he noticed a big circular scar.

"What happened here," he asked curiously as he traced his finger around the scar in a circular motion.

Kagome tensed back up, her body going completely rigid and stiff, not really sure if she should tell him. Her mood had switched from depressed to angry to calm in a matter of minutes. She was beginning to confuse herself. "It's where the bullet went through," she said in a voice barely above a whisper.

He was looking at her with an expression of concern but of course she couldn't see it. She wouldn't expect it to be there either. From his experience with her he knew that if he asked questions she might quickly change dispositions.

`Why aren't I kicking his ass and torturing him for touching me right now?' `Because it makes you feel' she answered herself in her mind. Her jaw was clenched tightly again and her eyes lightly closed shut. "You need to leave," she commanded with a quivering throaty sounding gasp.

"Here," he said with an annoyed tone while handing her the wash cloth so to clean up in the front. She accepted it and washed off her face, arms, chest and stomach. His temper was starting to get the best of him. He was getting so damn frustrated with her behaviors. "I don't see what your fucking problem is, you know. It's not going to kill you to let someone help you for fucks sake.

`No, but it might kill you,' she bitterly thought while remaining silent towards him. Kagome reached over for her shampoo and conditioner and continued cleansing herself.

Inuyasha stood up quickly and the remnants of the bubbles dripped down his finely toned chest and abs. Water spilled carelessly all over the steps up to the tub and on the floor below as he stepped out of the Jacuzzi and onto the cold tiled floor. He looked the around the bathroom for something to dry himself off with. His eyes skimmed the ivory and gold themed room until he came upon what must be linen closet. He opened the linen closet and took out two towels. He wrapped one around his waist and waited for Kagome to finish up.

Kagome was thankful that he hadn't prodded any further. She didn't want to talk about it. She couldn't talk about it. It was far too painful of memory. It came up enough on it's own in her own opinion. Some people tried to push her to talk about it, insisting that it would make her feel better, but in the end it never did. How did they know how it would feel like, it's not like any of them had ever experienced that kind of thing in the first place.

All it took was a few seconds of thoughts to pull her back into the darkness of her mind and soul. Her eyes narrowed as she looked at Inuyasha. She stood up; taking note for the first time that she was still in her strapless bra and panties. Kagome snatched the towel that he held out for her and angrily wrapped it around her body. He was looking at her again with questioning looks, but she wouldn't even make eye contact with him.

Kagome stormed back into her bed room crawled back up onto her bed. She found the nearest pillow and buried her face in it, her hands clenched into fists at the side of her head as she tried to pierce the cloth of her comforter with her fingernails. Inside she was screaming but outside she was silent.

************

Inuyasha was rummaging through Kagome's bathroom cabinets. `Why the hell do woman keep all this shit around.' `What the fuck is toner and why is it purple?' "Here it is," he said out loud."

Inuyasha walked to Kagome's side with some antibiotic gel. It really wasn't in his nature to be so caring and nurturing, but something compelled him to do otherwise.

Inuyasha thought that he been so quiet that Kagome didn't even hear the rustle of her blankets as he sat down beside her. The real reason his presence went unnoticed was due to the raging battle going on inside of her mind. A fight was going on inside of her soul, a fight between the nothingness that consumed her and her desire to be happy, to be back to normal, or to simply just be.

`I need to make him go away.' `Why is he still here?' `He has no idea what he's doing.' `Is he just that fucking crazy?' `I should be alone.' `Ryo will make sure that I am alone for the rest of my life… it is my punishment for not dying like I should have the first time.' `Doesn't he understand that the longer he stays around me the more it's hurting me?'

He placed a large amount of the gel on his finger top. Carefully, he lowered his finger to one of the larger gashes across her upper back and spread a small amount of antibiotic across it. She flinched from the contract of the cold gel and snapped out of her current train of thoughts. "Stop," she whimpered while starting to lift her head in protest. Inuyasha "shusssssh'd" her sternly as he pushed her head back into the pillow. She let him continue as he repeated the procedure many times all over her body.

"Turn around," he ordered rather gruffly; he was really getting sick of her practically instant mood changes. `I give her about a minute before she starts that bitching again.'

Kagome obeyed him and flipped onto her back. She looked up at her caregiver. He wasn't paying attention to her, just to the cuts, gashes, and scratches that adorned her body. She felt sort of guilty for yelling at him repeatedly this whole evening when his intentions had only been good towards her. But didn't he know that he had to stay away? `How could Sango think he was such trouble?' `He's been nothing but sweet the whole time.' `Sure he might say `fuck' a lot, but if that's the worst thing he does then I'd say he's a saint…especially when compared to me.'

He was nearly finished when he brought his hand to her cheek. He rubbed the remaining antibiotic on the cuts with a tender caresses. She looked up at him as he gazed down at her. Their eyes locked. Her chocolate brown eyes screamed out to him as if they were pleading for his help, acceptance, and love. To her, his eyes were expressing his concern, his worry, and his want for her. It was one of those moments where you just know that everything is going to be alright. Everything else faded to gray and their eyes were truly the windows that led to one another's souls. Their heated staring contest intensified until it was on the brink of explosion.

"What are you thinking about?" Kagome asked in a shaky whisper.

"Everything you are," he whispered back.

Kagome sat up quickly throwing one arm around his neck while she used her other arm to prop herself up. Inuyasha instantly wrapped one arm around her waist and let his hand linger on the small of her back as they hungrily brought their heads close together while he pulled her closer to him. She covered her lips on his and as he slid his lips in between hers. Their lips devoured one another both fighting for control over the kiss. He sucked on her upper lip while she switched off several times between sucking and biting on his bottom lip. They both moved their heads simultaneously in the opposite direction which they had been in before while shoving their tongues into one another's mouth. Inuyasha licked her tongue playfully as she swirled hers around his, begging for more.

Kagome sat up fully, never breaking her contact with him as she placed her hands on his chest, feeling it up completely, and forcefully pushed him back down on the bed. She swung her leg over his body as she straddled his hips. He sat up while returning her passionate lust filled kiss as he ran his hands up from the small of her back up to her shoulders. Kagome moaned as he pushed down on her shoulders pressing her into his lap. He licked her swollen lips slowly and with the lightest touch.

His heated breath lingered around her lips, to her cheek and horizontally up to her ear. Kagome's heart rate quickened. "Don't ever fucking touch Tai again," he whispered into her ear right before tracing its outline with his tongue while running his hands up and down her back. "Don't even fucking go near the bastard."

Kagome kissed a trail from his cheek down to his neck and shoulder. Inuyasha ran his hands up to her shoulders and down her arms. She sucked and kissed his neck all over. "Okay," she said with a shaky voice as he twirled his tongue in her ear lobe, giving her goosebumps, "I won't." He could have said anything just then and she would have agreed with it.

*************

Tai walked arm in arm with two of the girls from the Ladies de Tama club through the front entrance of Seven Hills Estates, Inuyasha, Kagome, and Sango's building complex. The security guard took notice of the strangers and put his hand on his hip, ready to draw his stun gun.

"Excuse me folks, what is your purpose here," he said in a nervous shaky voice. Working with rich and powerful people had both its advantages and disadvantages. He learned that they could be quite generous when they felt like it, but do something to piss them off and it was like dealing with the devil. If you didn't let one of their guests pass, you were screwed. And likewise if you let someone pass who was on unfriendly terms with one of the tenants. In his line of work, he was damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

Tai stated at the old man who was wearing his black and burgundy uniform. His old wrinkled skin and white hair really made him look completely non-threatening. "Heh," he said in a disrespectful tone towards the old man.

The woman wearing the purple painted on body suit stepped forward to resolve this situation peacefully. "Oh don't worry sir; we're just here to see Inuyasha. This is his favorite cousin Tai," she added, unaware of the truth, "and he just got separated so we're showing him his way back to Yash baby." She winked at the old man, causing him to turn red as he was checking out all of the scantily clad women. He may be old, but not that old.

"Excuse me, please, proceed," the night guard said as he opened the elevator, extending his arm out as a welcome, and pushed Inuyasha's floor for the group.

Tai gestured "ladies first" as he let them enter the elevator before him.

The girls waved goodbye to an already waving old man who was whispering "lucky bastards", in reference to Tai and Inuyasha, as the elevator doors closed and began the decent to the twentieth floor. He knew that Inuyasha was quite the ladies man, but with that handsome looking cousin of his, this could only lead to trouble. He sincerely hoped that Tai would not be moving into the building because some of the older tenants already complained about Inuyasha's choice of "company" and having two of them around would most likely only make the situation worse.

*************

"Sango dear, are you coming?" Miroku yelled as he pushed the "up" button for her.

"Coming!" she yelled as she shut her door and entered the code to arm the security system. "I just had to grab Kaggie's things. I'm sure she could care less about this handbag but you know as well as I do that she hates to be separated from her favorite possession," she said as she held up Kagome's now clean dagger while making her way to the elevator.

"Ah, yes, I see. I know that she values the both of them greatly, but why so my dear? I guess that we have never spoken on a very personal level. The only one that she seems to share anything with is that equally cold Sesshoumaru." He laughed to himself remembering something that he had over heard at a Family gathering. "I don't really see just how you guys can be related Sango, you really are opposites you know. Kagome used to be at least friendly with everyone when she was younger but now most of the other ladies say that she's a cold hearted cruel bitch."

Sango elbowed Miroku in the ribs while giving him a warning glare. "You know she's my best friend as well as my first cousin; don't you EVER talk about her like that ever again, do you hear me Houshi?" she said, using his last name as a threat. "And I'm not even going to start with you and hanging around with other ladies! You of all people should know that most of them are just temporary girlfriends and wives of the other men who know nothing of what actually happened and only speak off of the rumors that they have heard."

Miroku rubbed his side, Sango packed quite a jab. "Sango sweetheart, I'm sorry, it's just that's how a lot of people see her as in the Family."

"Well I don't care how they think she is. They don't even know her. They don't know what she's been through, they don't know anything!" Sango exclaimed.

Miroku pulled her into a light hug. "I'm sorry Sango, I'm sure that she's not the same around you as she is around them. I just don't know her as well."

Miroku was semi right though Sango would never admit it. For a longest time Kagome was even distant from Sango. Sango had figured that this was just Kagome's way of dealing with things. She let her be stuck in her ways until Sango couldn't stand it anymore and forced Kagome to change. Sango was afraid that after tonight's incidents, Kagome would resort to her old ways once again. Tonight was the first time that she had seen Kagome act as carefree like they used to a few years back.

"Well you better get to know her a little bit better if you plan on sticking around," Sango joked. "And just to let you know, she cherishes those daggers because it's something that her mom handed down to her that has been in her family's possession for generations, handed down to each female by her mother. Now don't you go telling people that either, you know how private she is about her personal life."

"Do not fret my lady, you know how loyal I am," Miroku said while rubbing Sango's ass with the palm of his hand with a mischievous look on his face.

"MIROKU! Stop that, what if someone was to see?"

"I do not see the problem Sango, you are the only one who lives on this floor and the elevator is not even open."

"That's beside the point; just don't grope me in public."

"So does that mean I can grope you in private?" he asked with a serious look on his face.

Sango just hit him in the side again, jokingly, for good measures.

"Only you would say that." Sango told him as the elevator dinged and the doors began to open.

"What is that supposed to mean, Sango?" Miroku asked just before being interrupted.

"Sango??! What are you doing here?" Tai asked.

"Well, I live here," she replied as she looked up and recognized Tai from earlier. "I should ask you the same thing. And who are your guests?"

"I'm just looking for Inuyasha, and these are some friends, I guess."

The girls with Tai didn't even seem to notice that he had slightly insulted them. They were too fascinated with the man at Sango's side. He was tall and handsome, and if he lived here, most likely rich or powerful, or even better, both!

Sango took note of the girls checking out her man and became slightly jealous. "If you'll excuse us ladies, we have to go up to Kagome's floor to make sure that she is alright." Sango stepped into the elevator, pulling Miroku hard by the hand. She had pulled him with such force that when he flew into her, he pushed her back about a foot.

Miroku grinned. He liked it when she was possessive. It let him know that she really liked him.

She pushed the button for Kagome's floor.

"Hold up now," Tai said, "you mean that Kagome, shit face, and you all live here."

"Is that so hard to understand, Tai?" Sango shot back in defense of her friends, especially Inuyasha.

"Are you calling Inuyasha a shit face?" one of the girls asked Tai.

Sango spoke before Tai had a chance to. "Oh let me guess, Tai didn't tell you guys that he and Inuyasha don't exactly see eye to eye, in fact, I think that they might just hate each other, but I'm sure that he didn't let you girls on that little secret, did he?"

The girls all looked at Tai in disbelief. It never really occurred to them that Tai and Inuyasha didn't even hang around each other when they were at the club at the same time.

Tai shrugged his shoulders at them. "A guy's gotta do what he's gotta do."

The elevator came to a halt and Miroku and Sango exited followed by Tai.

"Just what do you think you're doing Tai?" Sango asked.

"Sesshoumaru told me to make find Kagome so I'm just doing my job."

"Oh, but you couldn't do your job earlier but have decided to do it now?" She was becoming upset with Tai, he was changing rapidly from the person that she had earlier believed that he was.

"Calm down Sango," Miroku said with a soothing voice.

"I'm Miroku, I do not believe that we have met?" he extended his hand out to Tai.

"The name's Tai."

The men shook hands as Sango punched in Kagome's security code into her door.

"We're just going to be up at Inuyasha's, Tai. Maybe you can join us later." With a few winks and the closing of the elevator doors the girls were gone.

Dirty thoughts of what could happen played through Miroku's mind. There were so many possibilities. `Three girls, one guy.' `All three girls plus one guy.' `Two girls go at it while one girl and one guy go at it.' `All three girls while one guy watches…'

Sango opened Kagome's door and walked in, she was followed by Tai.

"Miroku, are you coming?"

No answer.

`Maybe they'll be waiting naked when Tai goes up to join them.' `Maybe they are all taking a shower or waiting in the Jacuzzi for him.' `Whoa hold up, didn't they say they were going up to Inuyasha's place?' `Isn't he a guy?' `That's disgusting, two guys, naked, in the same room?' `Maybe one of the guys is gone, then there's nothing wrong with that…'

"Miroku…" still no answer.

`I wonder if Sango would go for any one that?' `Bringing a guest star into the bedroom, he he he.' `I wonder what her type of woman is…"

"MIROKU!"

He instantly snapped out of his thoughts. "Hmmm?"

"Are you going to stand in the hallway thinking about those girls all night or will you join the rest of us inside?"

He laughed nervously knowing that she had caught him in his lecherous thoughts. Miroku walked in the entrance taking in Kagome's entry way. It was a lot more sophisticated and classy than Sango's. From what he could tell, Kagome's place looked more like a modern art museum than a home. The vaulted ceilings had lots of small lights installed which cast shadows down against the dark colored walls. He half expected a butler to be waiting for them at the door.

"Well the lights are on, do you think that means that she is or has been home, Sango?" Miroku asked.

"I'm not sure," Sango replied. Kagome often left her place in a hurry and didn't bother to make sure everything was turned off.

Miroku had known Kagome for quite some time but never on a personal level. It felt weird being inside of her home. He felt like he was violating her much guarded private life. He didn't know of anyone who had ever seen where she lived, well, except for Sango of course. But Sango wasn't at regular Family meetings. She only attended social gatherings, lunches, dinners, and certain parties. To the best of his knowledge, Sesshoumaru, her partner, didn't even know where she lived. He had never asked, and she had never told. And now here he was, stepping foot into THE Kagome Hiragarshi's home. He almost thought that she might step out from the shadows and slit his throat or something. He had heard rumors that she didn't like people and had killed several people who had decided to visit her unannounced.

"Come on, let's check elsewhere besides the entry way," Sango instructed.

*************

Inuyasha ran his hands up Kagome's back and underneath her strapless bra. Her skin, where it was not broken, felt like silk to his fingers. His fingers fumbled around desperately trying to release her breasts from the devise that held them captive. Kagome sucked on his collar bone as he expertly undid her bra.

Inuyasha threw her bra across the room in victory while taking one breast into his hand, massaging and squeezing it gently. He raised his head up to the other one and took the erect nipple into his mouth. Kagome moaned again while grinding herself into Inuyasha's lap, which she was still straddling.

"Oh fucking god," he said in a response to her movements.

Kagome lowered her face back to his as they passionately locked lips again. He licked her tongue as she tried to suck on his.

Inuyasha ran his hand down her back, across her stomach, and down into her panties. He rubbed her clit and could feel how wet she was becoming. It was good feeling to him to know that he was as aroused as she was.

"Inu---yasha," Kagome gasped.

Hearing Kagome call out his name in want was the sweetest thing that he had ever felt, it was like adrenaline surging all over his body. Inuyasha flipped Kagome over onto her back in a fit of superiority. She pulled the towel off from around his waist revealing his soaked underwear and throbbing erection. She pulled him down into her, wrapping her legs around his lower back while playfully biting on his lower lip. Kagome slid her fingers from his shoulders, down his back, and into his boxer-briefs, pulling them off as he kicked them off the rest of the way, using his legs to remove them fully. Likewise, Inuyasha removed Kagome's panties as he kissed her hungrily.

"Tell me you want it," he said gruffly as he nipped at her chin and neck.

"I want it," Kagome said in between heated breaths..

Kagome couldn't wait any longer; the tension had been building up for too long. She pulled Inuyasha back down onto her, helping him slide into her with ease. They both moaned as he plunged deep within her.

Kagome pushed Inuyasha over again and rolled on top of him. He grinned up at her and she returned the grin. "So my girl likes being in control, huh?"

`My girl, since when am I his girl?' "You know it baby," she said back on instinct instead of what she was thinking. The negative thoughts left being replaced with a feeling that she had long forgotten. Her body took over and for once she was living in the heat of the moment. She was drunk with desire for one person-of all people this one person just happened to be Inuyasha.

He gripped her hips and moved them in rhythm with his, plunging in and out of her. "You're so…fucking… hot, Kagome, do…. you have any idea…. what you do to me?" He asked in between his pants.

"The same thing you're doing to me," she replied with a moan while leaning down to kiss him again.

*************

Sango, Miroku, and Tai made there way through Kagome's apartment. Tai had been unusually quiet upon hearing the news that the three of them all lived in the same building. `Why didn't Kagome tell me before that she knew Inuyasha that well?' `So she's lived by him for awhile?' `I'm sure that he's made his move on her by now and they are a lot more than "just friends." He was grinding his teeth together while his thoughts woke up the anger within him. `No wonder he was so pissed off at the club.' `He thinks that I was moving on his woman again.' `Heh, it's not my problem women can't resist my charm.'

"So, Inuyasha and Kagome are pretty good friends, huh?"

"They just meet a few days ago, Tai. Jealous, are you?"

"Did she just move in?"

"No," Sango said.

"Did asshole just move in?"

"No Tai, Inuyasha did not just move in, he's lived here longer than I have actually. Now what's with the questions?"

"Well how can they not have known each other if they've lived here for awhile?"

"Would you like me to print you up a schedule of Inuyasha and Kagome's activities? If you must know, he's gone a lot and so if she. Fate has just not allowed them to run into one another until recently."

"Well why do you and asshole seem to be so close?"

Miroku raised an eyebrow at Sango, waiting to see what her response would be. He knew that if he said anything he would get in trouble with her so he decided to keep his mouth shut.

"Inuyasha's father and my father have been friends since childhood and grew up together; therefore, our families get together often so we have become friends over the years. I would appreciate it if you would stop referring to him as asshole because he's really not that bad if you get to know him."

"Trust me, I do know him, and he IS an asshole."

Sango rolled her eyes. They were both so damn stubborn and stuck in their ways. Wouldn't Tai just love it if she started to point out their similarities?

Sango stopped dead in her tracks as she turned around to the guys and held one hand up as a sign to stop while she brought a finger from her other hand as a signal to be quiet. Everyone focused their attention on listening, trying to hear the same things that Sango had heard. They heard sounds coming from one of the other rooms down at the end of the hall. Miroku reached into his jacket and put his hand on one of his guns that was tucked into the side of his pants. He had gone straight to Sango's without even changing clothes or disarming himself the minute he had gotten off of the private plane and therefore was still heavily armed. Miroku pulled the gun out and kept it pointed towards the ceiling, raised level with his face. He pointed at his eyes, and then pointed in the direction of down the hallway. Everyone else nodded to him as they understood what he had meant by his sign language. He stepped in front of Sango and took the lead.

Sango placed Kagome's purse on her sofa but kept the dagger in her hand. She had no other line of defense if there was an attacker or attackers somewhere in the apartment. She wasn't even sure if Kagome was here at all, but she didn't want to take a chance at being caught defenseless. Tai wasn't really sure what to do, he didn't have any weapons but he knew he could take care of himself with his fists. He stood in the back of the line as Miroku lead them through the living room and down the long hallway. Everyone tiptoed down the carpeted hallway, keeping their profiles close to one side of the wall, trying to be careful of making any noise that might tell someone that they were coming.

After making it down to the very end of the hallway, it was obvious that the sounds were coming from this room. Miroku stopped in front of the room in which the sounds were coming from. Miroku held everyone back so that they might analyze just what exactly what was going on.

Tai and Miroku held their ears up to the door as their eyes opened wide in shock once hearing things a little bit clearer:

"Ohh my GOD... IN-U-YASHAAAAA!"

"Kagomeee.. Oh fuck, KAGOME."

"What is it?" Sango asked.

"I think you should go in and see for your self," Tai said coldly.

Sango slowly opened the door to Kagome's bed room as she saw two bodies wound against one another. It took her a few seconds to realize that was she was looking at was her friend Kagome and her friend Inuyasha becoming friends themselves in a whole new way. Her mouth dropped open in shock as her eyes became equally as big. She unknowingly dropped the knife to the floor while raising her hands up to cover Miroku and Tai's eyes.

The knife seemed to hit the floor in slow motion, making a small thud as Miroku stood on his tip toes in order to avoid Sango's block that she had placed over his eyes.

Kagome and Inuyasha were so caught up in the moment that they didn't even notice the door open or hear the knife hit the floor. Kagome was reaching her climax just as Inuyasha had done just seconds ago. Sweat rolled down her body and merged together with the sweat that had accumulated on Inuyasha. She was yelling Inuyasha's name out at the top of her lungs as he pushed down on her shoulders, sinking himself into her as deep as possible. He silenced her in one last deep kiss as her body shuddered one last time. She collapsed onto him as he wrapped both arms around her possessively.

The ring of a cell phone broke the moment that Inuyasha and Kagome were sharing. She looked at him.

"Yours?" she asked, using as few words as possible, still recovering from their strenuous exercise.

He shook his head. "You mean that's not your phone?" he asked.

"No." Kagome whispered.

Inuyasha and Kagome instinctively sat up and turned around at the same time to see what was going on. They saw three figures standing in the doorway with shocked and speechless looks on their faces. Inuyasha saw Miroku who was eyeing Kagome's naked body. He wrapped an arm around her back and pulled her body into his in an attempt to cover her bare breasts. With his other hand he grabbed the towel and threw it across her shoulders.

Kagome looked over at Sango and gave her an expression that looked like a kid getting caught stealing candy from the candy store. Sango returned that expression.

Tai was looking at Inuyasha with the deadliest look that he had ever seen. He was so angry that he couldn't even say anything. His fingers dug into his palms, nearly drawing blood. It was his phone ringing, clipped at his waist, but he didn't even check to see who was calling; he was in no condition to speak to anyone, no matter what the situation may be.

Sango decided to break the silence. "I-I- we were just returning your purse and your---this," she said while bending down to pick up the dagger. "S-ss-orry, we'll go now."

Sango pulled and pushed Tai and Miroku out of the bedroom door and closed it. Tai pulled his arm away from Sango as he stormed out ahead of everyone. A slamming of the front door could be heard all the way from the back of the apartment. Sango, who was still holding Kagome's blade, looked at Miroku; she didn't know what to do.

"Come on Sango, Kagome's an adult now; she can make her own choices. Let's go home and let her be. Besides, we have some catching up to do if you know what I mean," he told her. She didn't even seem to hear him-her mind was still frozen on the images of Inuyasha and Kagome-together. `Isn't this the exact thing that I was trying to prevent?' `I told her to stay away from him.' `I told him to stay away from her.' `I swear to god if he hurts her, I will fucking rip his balls off and kill him.' `Friend or not, no one hurts Kagome.'

He held her hand and guided the still shocked Sango back out to the elevator.

*************

Inuyasha still held Kagome protectively to his chest. They both remained silent while catching their breaths. He didn't really know what to say to her, and she didn't know what to say to him. They had just been caught in the act, by their friends, none the less.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha said, trying to get her attention.

She didn't respond.

"Kagome?" he asked again, in a soft soothing voice.

She looked over at him with a hint of worry.

"They just saw us… Sango, and Miroku, and…"

"So who cares, Kagome?" he said, interrupting her. "It's not our fucking fault they decided to interrupt us."

She paused for awhile thinking of how to say what she wanted to tell him. "How long do you think they were watching?" She asked with the innocence of a little kid.

"I'm sure long enough to get an impression, baby." He said with a smirk. "Now stop worrying about them."

He pulled her closer while bringing his hand to her chin. With a few fingers her lifted her chin up close to his and kissed her on the lips lightly.

Kagome pulled away from him. "Stop that," she whined softly.

"Stop what?" he asked.

"Stop kissing me," she said even quieter.

"And just why the fuck should I do that? If I want to fucking kiss you then I am going to fucking kiss you. You can't tell me with a serious face that you don't want this too." "I can feel you Kagome," he reminded her softly of the intimate position that they were still in.

"You're only making this harder," she said with a whiney tone of voice.

"Making what harder? You make it seem like you're breaking up with me Kagome and we're not even together", he told her, "Unless you wanna be," he added with a smirk. `Who the hell wouldn't wanna be with me?" he thought. His cockiness was taking over.

"Inuyasha you don't understand. This can't happen. This isn't some fairy tale. When you kiss me I'm not going to wake up from a deep sleep and live happily ever after. It's actually the opposite of that. You don't even know me. We could never be. There will never be an us. You wouldn't even look at me if you knew what I was really like."

Inuyasha lifted Kagome off of him and placed her at his side, holding her in a tight embrace while stoking a hand through her hair at the base of her neck. She tried to stiffen at his touch but found herself melting into him once again. "I would too still look at you, silly girl. There's nothing that you could say to make me change my mind. So maybe I don't know you completely but what I do know is that you are different than the rest of them. You make me feel different, in a good way."

"You're right on one thing: I am different than the rest of them. I'm different than you too. When people hear your name, they want to be by you; they want to be with you, they want to be associated with you. You'll never be alone. When they hear my name they want nothing to do with me. They fear me. Do you have any idea that that is like?!" her voice cracked as each sentence that poured out of her mouth was over flowing with conviction and emotion. "They hate me because of who I am." Kagome's head was beginning to throb. Arguing like this always seemed to bring about these tension headaches. When ever she was stressed out a killer headache was sure to follow. She brought her hands up to her temples and began to run them in a circular motion.

Inuyasha looked at Kagome. He was experiencing more emotions that he did not remember feeling for the longest time. He felt guilty. He felt bad for someone other than himself. `You may think that we are complete opposites, Kagome, but our worlds are not as different as you think.'

Inuyasha freed Kagome of his death grip while reaching up and pulling her arms down to her side. He brought his hands back up to her face and began lightly massaging her temples for her. When she tried to pull away he just pulled her back, even closer, and resumed the process of trying to free her form her mental anguish. "Just because people want to be associated with me because of my name doesn't mean that they actually want to be with me. I'd think that you of all people would understand this. You're not alone when you're with me Kagome. What can I do to make you see that?"

"Stop saying that. This should have never happened. None of it tonight should have ever happened."

"Keh.. No way in hell. It happened, face it. Enjoy it." Inuyasha pulled her head down to rest on his shoulder.

"It's not that…I'm not a good person. I---"

He interrupted her before she had a chance to say what he thought she was going to tell him. "Shhh, Kagome, everyone has their secrets. I've known Sango for how long and she's still my friend now, isn't she? Stop worrying baby. Nobody's perfect, and that includes me as well. You know we're not so different." He placed small kisses on Kagome's naked shoulder.

`You don't understand.' `Sango doesn't even know the things that I've done.' `Sango hasn't killed people.' `Sango hasn't been involved in the activities that I have.' `If you really knew the truth you would run.' `You would run just like the rest of them.' `If you don't leave now then you will leave once you find out about me.' Her mind was doing some running on its own, in all different directions of course. "Of course we're different. You still don't understand. I've done things that you couldn't even start to---"

He interrupted her again. "Stop saying that. It can't be any worse than the things I have done. I'm sure you've heard stories, and yes, they're probably true for the most part but people can change. I want to change for you; can you understand that, Kagome?" He was pouring his heart out to her, something he had never done before. He just couldn't seem to control the words that came out of his mouth when it came to this girl. This was all so different, so new. He wanted this to be more than a one night stand, more than a fling that just happened in the heat of the moment. And nothing that she said could make him stop going after what he wanted. He always got what he wanted, she even admitted it to herself earlier, and winning over Kagome would be no exception.

"You might be able to change but that is one luxury that I cannot afford. Do you get this; they're gone-as in nothing left." Two tears fell down from her cheeks. She couldn't even remember the last time she had cried in front of someone. It had most likely been when she was really little after getting hurt or something, and even then her father had taught her not to cry because it only showed weakness. Two tears didn't exactly amount to serious "crying," but when coming from her, it was.

Inuyasha felt a tear his skin and pulled away from Kagome enough so that he could look at her face while still keeping his arms around her. "Who's gone?"

She turned her face away from his, staring at the only sentimental pictures in her whole apartment. Mental images of the fateful night filled her head. She saw her mother, brother, and sister being gunned down. They're blood seemed to splatter on her hands alone. She shook her head, trying to clear images that filled her mind.

"They are…and they are not coming back…and it's my fault. If you don't leave right now he might take you away from me too… and then there will be nothing left of you either." Her voice was solemn and deadly serious. She didn't want to admit to Inuyasha that she felt a little something towards him. She had only known him for a few days and this wasn't how things were supposed to happen, were they? `We just slept together for fucks sake, what the hell is wrong with me?' But then again, she had no idea.

He was confused. She never really answered her questions. She always seemed to avoid them by bringing something else up. "No one can do a fucking thing to me. I'm Inuyasha Tai-fucking-youki, I'm untouchable baby. So stop worrying. No ones taking me away from anywhere and no ones going to hurt you either." Inuyasha rubbed her cheek lightly, still aware of her fragile beaten up body, and kissed her forehead. "Now who the fuck is this bastard that makes you think this way."

He sat waiting for an answer in an uncomfortable silence. Her body went rigidly stiff and her breathing seemed to stop momentarily. "Just go home Inuyasha!" she chokingly screamed. He shouldn't have mentioned him.

"NO!" he yelled back equally as loud. "I'm not going anywhere and neither are you and there still isn't a damn thing that you can do about it.

Kagome signed, she knew that she wasn't going to win this fight easily; it was rather pointless. The whole evening had been spent arguing and she hadn't gotten any further since she had started. She was exhausted both physically and mentally more than ever. "But you don't understand," she said in a softer tone of voice, repeating her self while Inuyasha had managed to get under the covers and pulled Kagome down to rest on her Egyptian cotton sheets. Her body relaxed its self once again with a soft caress from him.

"I would if you'd just tell me."

"….I can't."

"Why not?"

"Would you stop asking so many questions?" She asked, getting frustrated, ready to yell out at him again.

"No," he said with a grin.

Kagome saw his grin and narrowed her eyes at him. "You insufferable jerk."

Her insults only brought smiles to his face. He ran his hand across her body and began to rub her nipple with one finger, causing it to become hard. She could call him anything that she wanted but he was still aware of her body and the effect that his had on hers.

"Save it wench. You're just as bad. Just lay down, and get some sleep," he said as he forcefully turned her over so she was facing him, their naked bodies hugging each other close.

He had made her gasp with his swift movements. Kagome would have protested more but she felt her body giving out. The feeling of his skin upon hers brought a sort of calm. She laid her head down on his chest and used his body as a pillow as he encased her with his arms. She hadn't depended on anyone for so long. When he held her just as he was now, her troubles seemed to go away, even if it was only temporary, it was a brief escape from the hell that she called life.

Inuyasha held Kagome close to him. He felt her breathing slow and settle into an unhurried rhythmic pattern. She was trying her hardest not to but found herself falling asleep in his arms.

For some reason it felt so right to hold her. He wanted to make her forget what ever it was that caused her to lash out. He wanted her to be that carefree girl that she had seen at the club, with the exception of substituting himself for Tai. For the first night in his life, he actually held someone afraid that when she woke up she wouldn't want to be there anymore.

*************

Tai pulled his cell phone out from its holder. He had all but run out of the building in order to avoid destroying anything and everything inside of it. He looked up at the night sky that was beginning to give its self into the first morning lights as he set his phone down on the stone bench that he had found near the building. He took out his pack of cigarettes and lit the second to last one.

"Shit, I'm going to need a hell of a lot more than this," he said to the last cigarette in the box.

He took in a deep drag and let the cigarette dangle in his mouth while he picked up the phone to see who had called. The missed call log showed that it had been Sesshoumaru who had called earlier. Tai decided to call him back and inform him on the night's findings. He took the cigarette out of his mouth and held it between his pointer and middle fingers as he pushed the call back button with his other hand.

After a few rings Sesshoumaru picked up.

"What," Sesshoumaru said in a deep irritated voice. He had just fallen into a much needed sleep.

"You called earlier?" Tai reminded him.

"Did you find Kagome?"

"You bet your ass I did but I guess Inuyasha found her first!" Tai said sarcastically.

"Is she alright?" Sesshoumaru said in a flat emotionless tone.

"Oh don't tell me you have feelings for her too, Sesshoumaru. Is there anyone who doesn't?"

Sesshoumaru was growing irritated with Tai. "Do not use that mocking tone with me. Answer the question."

"I guess you could say she's alright, but it depends on how you define alright."

"I am growing tired of you futile games, Tai."

"She's back at her place, if that's what you'd like to know."

"And what of Inuyasha?" he asked, impatiently tapping his fingers on the armrest of his luxury lounge chair from his private jet.

"Oh don't worry about your brother; he's alright, more than alright if you'd ask me. He's fucking keeping her company alright...and I do mean fucking." Tai paused for a moment while Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow to Tai's choice of words. "You could have at least told me that they all lived in the same building." Tai really wanted to call Sesshoumaru an asshole, but that name was reserved solely for Inuyasha. That and he was afraid of what the repercussions might be if he disrespected Sesshoumaru in such a manner when Sesshoumaru was in such a bad mood.

"I hold no knowledge of where Kagome chooses to reside," Sesshoumaru said in a cold, callous tone. But it was the truth. He had no need to know where she lived and it had never come into conversation when they were together.

"You will send me a fax of the Kagome's location immediately to this number. Do you understand, Tai, or do I need to spell out the directions step by step and have them sent to you in an instructional format?"

"Crystal clear all mighty one" Tai said, uncaring of his mocking nature towards Sesshoumaru.

"I expect this task to be completed within the next ten minutes. I will be visiting Kagome's residence as soon as I return in the morning. Do not disappoint me again, Tai."

"Don't worry Sess, things will be taken care of. And don't even bother knocking because…"

Tai was unable to finish his sentence before he heard the "click" of Sesshoumaru's phone, signifying that the conversation was over.

"Arrogant bitch," he said out loud in reference to Sesshoumaru. Things had gone from great to horrible in a matter of hours. He looked down at his cigarette that had smoldered down to the filter while he had been on the phone. "Fuck."

He threw the remains of his smoke onto the sidewalk while contemplating smoking his last one. In an easy decision he took the last cigarette out of its case and lit it while standing up, making his way back to his car. Tonight, or this morning, what ever you wanted to call it was going to be a long one indeed. Now he needed to find a place with a fax machine open at this hour. `Where the fuck am I supposed to go?' `Well I guess that it is almost sunrise, maybe businesses will be opening up for the morning.' Hopefully tomorrow things would go more towards his way and everybody would stop being completely against him.

************

.