InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ +Like a Battery - ❯ Chapter Four: ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Like a Battery



By RisuBento



Chapter Four:



oo0O0oo



The crowd cheered and roared with pleasure as their baseball team hit a home run. Tao was having a great time with his uncle Inuyasha. At the moment the only thing he was caring about was the nachos and cracker jacks that he was eating.

He didn't want to think about anything else.

"Hey uncle!? What time is it?" He asked, raising his voice a bit over the crowd's cheering.

Inuyasha pulled his foam finger off and glanced at the watch. "About 8:45. Why?!"

"Mother wanted me to call at around 9:30. That's all!" Tao yelled back.

Inuyasha nodded and jerked his head back around at the field when a batter struck out.

"Take that you no good fuck ups!" Inuyasha yelled.

Tao's eyes grew wide at his uncle's word usage. "Fuck ups?" He asked.

Inuyasha's eyes grew wide and he instantly covered his nephew's mouth with a foam covered hand.

"Don't tell your mother I said that! She have my head for that! Not to mention my…uh…she'll just castrate me to hell." Inuyasha sputtered.

"Castrate?" Tao asked when his uncle removed his foam hand.

Inuyasha sighed and bent down to whisper. "She make sure I'll NEVER have kids. EVER."

Tao's eyes grew wide and he burst out laughing. Something he hadn't done in a long, long time.

After the baseball game, in which their team won 4-1, Inuyasha and Tao both headed back to his uncle's house.

"What do you plan on doing while I'm at work tomorrow, kiddo?" Inuyasha asked fiddling with his radio.

Tao shrugged. "I'll find something to do. You've got a Playstation II so…I think I'm set, don't you?" Tao smirked. Inuyasha chuckled and shook his head.

"Man…if your mother ever found out that all you're doing is pigging out on junk food and playing video games all day…man." Inuyasha grinned.

Tao sighed and leaned his head against the window. After the baseball game they'd gone out to eat at a local American 'pizzeria'. It was AWESOME! He should convince his parent's to take him there again sometime. Now, with his stomach full, he was beginning to droop to sleep when the car came to a stop.

"Come on kiddo. Time for bed." Inuyasha said, opening the driver's door and getting out.

Tao nodded and climbed out as well and sluggishly walked into the house. Walking up to his bedroom, he stripped down to his boxers and climbed into bed and fell into a hopefully, dreamless sleep.



oo0O0oo



Waking up to the sound of his swearing uncle followed by crashes and the sound of breaking glass is something that confused the hell out of Tao.

Why the hell is up so dang early? He wondered as he noted the time to be 4:29 a.m. That's when the shrill sound of the phone ringing made him groan and throw the covers off of him.

Uncle Inuyasha probably can't find the stupid cordless phone…which was on the end table of his uncle's bed.

"On your end table, uncle!" He managed to yell out.

There was a pause in the thumping followed by a frustrated growl. His uncle picked up and spoke in a sleep-laden voice.

"Yeah? Who is it?…what?…Right now…why?…Oh… Well I guess. Yeah all right. See you in a few. Bye." Hearing the beep of the phone he was confused when his uncle appeared in his doorway.

"That was your mom. She's coming to get you. I guess you're both staying at your grandmothers." He said, yawning and beginning to doze off as he leaned against the doorway.

Tao swore that his stomach dropped to his toes. "This early!?" He squeaked sitting up and waving frantically towards the digital clock next to him.

His uncle snorted in his semi-sleep.

Tao looked down at his hands in his lap and began to breathe hard. 'Why!? Why can't they just get along!?'

A quick ding of the doorbell and a door slamming, Tao broke from his thoughts and glared at the doorway where his mother appeared seconds later.

"Come Tao. We have to get going." She said, going over to his closet and pulling out his clothing.

Glancing back at the doorway, Tao noticed that his uncle was gone, probably back into the warm escapes of his bed. His mother was frantically trying to shove his clothing into his overnight bag. He knew it must be bad because she wasn't even folding them.

"Mom? What're you doing?" He asked, his fists clenching his blanket.

"Let's hurry Tao. I want to get to grandma's before she goes and does her grocery shopping." Kagome said, hurriedly tucking hair behind her ears.

"Where's father?" He asked, noticing a strange set of bruises on his mother's neck.

His mother paused and sighed.

"Tao…I know this'll be hard to understand…but---we're not going to be living with your father any longer." She said, resuming his packing.

Tao flumped back onto his bed and threw the covers over his head. He knew it.

"Tao sweetie…let's hurry. Please." She said, throwing the covers from him beginning to dress him.

Smacking her hands away, he got up and finished putting his shirt on. "I'm not a kid anymore mom! I can't dress myself!" He snarled.

Kagome's hands fell to her sides and she looked down at her feet---no doubt with tears in her eyes.

"You're right baby…I'm sorry." She said quietly, unshed tears coating her voice. Turning around she was about to close the door behind her when she turned back and spoke. "I'll…see you downstairs then."

Then she shut the door.

Tao angrily pulled his pants on zipped his bag up.

IT WASN'T FAIR!



oo0O0oo



Geh…that was a really boring chapter…I didn't like that one.

Any hoo…

PLEASE REVIEW!

RisuBento


Thank you to all those who reviewed!

Sometimes things suck
Ice Goddess Kitsune
n3ko-chan
Yenye
Whyshoulditellyou
Daughter _ of _ Sesshoumaru
Jackie O
teeagetomboy69
*~*Faithful Vampire*~* I apologize! I didn't mean to spell it wrong!
yawn
Rabsi-babsy
lyn
Dark-Angel1793
waining-moon

Thanks you so much again guys!