InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ +Like a Battery - ❯ Chapter Seven: ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Like a Battery



By: RisuBento



Chapter Seven:



Oo0O0oO



Kagome sat crying in her car, her mother was driving while Kagome sniffled from the passenger's seat.

"I'm so happy for you Kagome. This is such a nerve racking surprise!" Mrs. Higurashi said, stopping at a street light.

Kagome sniffled. She felt like throwing up again. Only this time, it'll be in the little ice cream bucket on her lap and NOT on the doctor. She sighed at the memory that had happened only moments before. When the doctor had told her that she was pregnant, she'd tensed up and released her entire stomach contents----which wasn't much but still enough to cover the entire front of the doctors white lab coat.

To say that she'd been mortified was clearly and understatement. She was beyond HORRIFIED! And the fact that she was pregnant! Gah!

Suddenly…the thought hit her and she lunged an hand to her mother's arm, effectively startling the woman into swerving slightly on the road.

"Mom! I can't be pregnant! The doctor at the other health clinic told me that I'm not able to have anymore kids." She said in a rush that actually made her dizzy with the lack of air.

Mrs. Higurashi sighed and put a hand over her daughters. "Doctors make mistakes Kagome."

"But…" Kagome trailed off quietly. 'Doctors don't make mistakes when it comes to life altering changes…can they?' She wondered.



Oo0O0oO



The office.

It sounded like it would be a quaint little building with nice flowering plants outside below the windows and a small but decorative landscape.

But no.

The office was a 182 floor skyscraper in the middle of downtown Tokyo. Tao stood from his father's car and had to bend his back backwards to almost see the top of the building. It was overcast that day so the very last floors were obscured by the clouds.

"Come." Was all his father said, before heading towards the revolving doors. Tao smiled. When he was younger, he'd always hang onto the door's handle and would swing around in circles, as the door was continuously revolving in circles, until his father would growl low in his throat, warning him.

Entering behind his father, he was instantly swarmed with "Good afternoon young master." after his father had been properly addressed. He scrunched up his nose. Tao hated it when people called him that. It just irked him.

There was a line of elevators lined up against the back wall in the grand entrance hall, but there was one with a set of gold doors that was only for the 'important' figures. That elevator was only allowed for those that worked on the highest levels of the building----in which his father was most definitely on the highest.

The elevator dinged and opened when he had raced in front of his father and pushed the 'up' arrow button.

Sesshoumaru sighed and shook his head, stepping into the contraption. He looked down at the top of his son's black head and frowned.

"Remove your charm." He said, watching as the doors closed.

Tao furrowed his eyebrows and looked up at his father. "What for?"

"I do not like them." He said, removing the gold cuff links from his sleeves. Immediately his features changed. A blue crescent moon appeared in the middle of his forehead, along with two crimson stripes on either side of his face.

Tao sighed and removed the beaded bracelet from his wrist. His features changed as well. Two little black doggy-ears popped up from his scalp and began twitching like crazy. You're probably wondering why he didn't have any markings on his face like his father. Well… when Tao becomes of age in the demon world----which was 17----then the family markings would be tattooed into his skin----proving his heritage to the Kagiyama name.

His ears hurt like crap! They weren't really noticeable during the day but after being squished down by a concealment spell all day, it felt good to be able to move them freely again.

Sesshoumaru grunted in approval and looked up the lighted numbers. Tao looked up as well and groaned…only on level 34…148 more levels to go…



Oo0O0oO



"Good afternoon Sesshoumaru-sama. I have the paper work you requested, finished and sitting on your desk, sir." Came the calm, yet nervous sounding voice of his father's 'ever-faithful' secretary, Rin Takeda.

Rin Takeda was madly in love with his father. She didn't even know that she was so readable. She was always so nervous around him and was blushing whenever Sesshoumaru talked to her or looked at her.

Well…she couldn't have him. Not if his "Operation: Recharge" was in process. Tao would see to it.

Just as they were arriving at his father's office, another woman cut them off. She was tall and slender and just a wee bit to much lipstick on her lips---which looked as though they'd been sucked down a pool drain.

"Sesshoumaru-sama…you remember our little outing planned for tonight?" She cooed, wrapping her arm around his father's.

Tao stopped in his tracks. What was this woman doing? Who 'was' this woman?

"Of course Kagura. This Sesshoumaru would not forget." His father said, walking to his office door and taking out his key. Tao watched in horror when his father turned to the woman latched onto his arm and leaned down to give her a peck on the lips.

His jaw dropped to the floor and his eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

The 'Kagura' woman turned to leave only to pause when she saw Tao standing there behind them.

"And who is this handsome young stud?" She cooed, leaning forward, with her hands on her knees, so she was eye level with him.

"Kagura. This is my son Tao. Tao…this is Kagura." Sesshoumaru said, glancing over his shoulder as he entered his elegant office.

"Well aren't you just sweet." She smirked, reaching forward and pinching his cheek----HARD.

When she was called away, at that moment, Tao shot into his father's office and sank into a comfy leather chair.

"Who was that woman father?" He asked, almost afraid of the answer he probably already knew.

Sesshoumaru was silent as he went around his desk and sat down in his leather swivel chair. Without looking up from the computer screen at his desk, he answered his son's question.

"She is a woman that I have been seeing since…" He paused in his words. He looked away from his computer and glanced at his son. Tao was sitting in the chair doodling almost nervously in his little pocket sized notebook. His son's ears twitched and flicked back and forth every now and then.

Tao knew what he was going to say. 'Since before you and your mother left.'

Tao had an inkling that his father had been seeing another woman. One way he could tell was that he'd sometimes come home with the stench of a different brand of perfume than any of his mothers, all over his clothing. Another way, was a stray earring in his father's suit jacket. His mother 'never' wore gaudy hoop earrings. She wore the long, articulately and elegantly beaded ones with different twists in the metals and such.

Definitely wasn't his mothers.

Tao looked up from his notebook and at his father, whom was at the moment watching him.

"Where's the bathroom?" He asked, sitting up.

Sesshoumaru looked back to his computer and sighed. "To your left, the second door in." He said. Tao nodded and looked at the 4 doors on the east wall of his father's office. He knew that at least two of them were rooms full of important documents and another was a closet. The second one in was most definitely the bathroom. If the big "W.C." lettering on the door didn't give it away then he didn't know what would.

Trudging over to the oak door, he opened it and felt around for the light switch on the wall. Finding it, he flipped it on. Locking the door behind him, he went over to the toilet and put the lid down. Sighing he plopped down on it (A/N: He's not going to the bathroom…yep.) and flipped to a new page in his notebook.

"Operation: Get rid of Kagura". He spoke smiling smugly at the grand idea.





Oo0O0oO





BOO OORRRRRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGG!

That was probably THE most idiotic chapter I've ever done!


Sorry about not updating yesterday (for those who care)…I was not able to get to sleep until 4 in the morning. Then my baboon-of-a-brother Ben (he's 10 and as cute as hell) woke me up 4 hours later at 8 by his early morning ritual of barging into my room and chanting "Monkey Soap" over and over again while letting my dog lick my face. THEN I fell back to sleep at about 9:30 and I didn't wake up until about 4 in the afternoon. My mom didn't bother to wake me up(which I'm insanely glad for!).

After I woke up, it was too late to take my medication (I have ADD) so I was like "Fuck it! No one knows where I live so they can't hunt me down, hang me by my toenails and tickle me to death. They can wait a day…right?"

So…here it is!

REVIEW!

Thank you to EVERYONE who's reviewed! It utterly motivates me when I get so many.

RisuBento

P.S.: Just so you know…I ain't ticklish. So if you ever come up to me and jab your fingers into my ribs---don't expect to still have those fingers after that.

Ta, lovlies!