InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ +Like a Battery - ❯ Chapter Twelve: ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

******READ!!!!******
 
Just to clarify…demons in this fic won't be able to detect pregnancy. They'll smell a change in a woman's scent but won't know that it has anything to do with pregnancy.
 
******THANK YOU******
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
+Like a Battery+
 
 
 
 
 
 
By: RisuBento
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter Twelve:
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
 
 
It was too silent.
 
 
Only the low humming of his computer was heard. He'd long told the vassals to go home for a week…now…it was just him.
 
Alone.
 
Tao was at his grandmother's. With his mother. Sighing pitifully, he leaned back in his swivel chair and turned to look out his office picture window.
 
The bright lights of downtown Tokyo were casting a pink haze onto the overcast clouds looming above it.
 
He should be out there. Milling around and chatting with friends.
 
But…this was 'him'. He had no friends…well 'close' friends. It'd always been Kagome he could depend. She'd always been there when he needed someone to talk too…or to just 'hold' onto. Now…she was gone.
 
And it was all HIS fault.
 
He'd tried so hard to blame Kagura for this situation. Blame her for seducing him into her bed. But…he knew that he couldn't. He'd had the common sense to NOT be seduced by her…but he choose the wrong answer and fell for her witchcraft.
 
What started out to be just a one time fling, turned into an everyday tryst at the office. She'd only been there to sate his cravings. Kagome wasn't at the office. So he'd chosen an alternative.
 
Damn his carnal lust.
 
Kagome was everything to him. Ever since they'd met back when she'd been dating Inuyasha in high school, he'd been smitten with her. She was just so…so Kagome. So out there. She was everything he could ask for in someone to love.
 
Love.
 
Damn…
 
Sesshoumaru glanced lazily at the phone on his desk when it began ringing and waited for a moment----contemplating on whether or not he should answer it or ignore it.
 
Choosing the former, he dropped an arm onto the desk and lifted the phone from its latch.
 
"Kagiyama speaking." He said gruffly.
 
"Hey dad! Can you open the doors!? I forgot my key at home and mom took the spare key with her when she left a few months ago…" Tao said, his teeth clattering together.
 
Sesshoumaru jumped to his feet and placed the phone onto its receiver and left his office. Hurrying down the grand staircase, in an unusually quick manner, he unlatched the bolt locks on the large oak doors before opening it up.
 
Tao was standing on the front step jumping from foot to foot, shivering uncontrollably.
 
"Tao? What are you doing here? Where is your mother?" Sesshoumaru asked, yanking his son inside from the wintry weather.
 
"S-she's at h-h-home. I came here after soccer practice at the school's dome. Is it all right if I stay here for the week?" He asked, allowing his father to usher him into the living room where a large fire was roaring in the fire place.
 
"That is fine. Does your mother know?" Sesshoumaru asked, wrapping a blanket around his son and maneuvering him to the leather couch.
 
"Yeah. I called her before I left the school. My friend Naoya's dad gave me a ride." Tao explained, curling up into a ball and pulling the blanket closer to him.
 
Sesshoumaru nodded and sat down on the adjacent leather recliner, to the couch, and pulled out a book from the flap connected to the recliner's side.
 
Slipping his clear rimmed glasses from his head and onto his nose, he began reading…only to pause a few moments later when he felt eyes, boring into him. Looking up, he quirked an eyebrow at his scrutinizing son.
 
"Is there a reason why you're staring at me like I'm about to disappear?" He asked.
 
"Father? How did you and mother meet?" Tao asked.
 
Sesshoumaru frowned.
 
"Why?"
 
"Just curious."
 
Sesshoumaru sighed and closed his book. Slipping his glasses onto the top of his head, he rubbed his eyes with his thumb and forefinger.
 
"I was a senior in college and your mother was a junior in high school. She'd been dating your uncle for almost 3 months when your grandmother Izayoi suggested she come over and have dinner for the first time. We'd accidentally run into one another earlier that day and she yelled at me for being a stupid head and not looking where I was going…then…she and I met at the house that night…and…" He trailed off as the memory came back to him.
 
It was so long ago. She'd been so young and vibrant back then. She still was. She hadn't aged since she was 18.
 
It was almost too painful to think about those memories. Back when she smiled. REALLY smiled.
 
Hearing a soft sound from the couch, Sesshoumaru was pulled from his thoughts and to his now sleeping son. Feeling an unfamiliar strain at the corner of his lips, he stood up and walked over to the slumbering boy.
 
Looking down at him…reminded him of how things were when Kagome and him had just started their lives together. Like mother like son…they even slept in the same position. Hands curled beneath their chins…laying on their sides…breathing through their noses…hair fluttering lightly whenever they exhaled.
 
He looked so much like Kagome.
 
He…missed her. So very much. He missed her smile. Her kisses. Her touch. Her laughter had always been full of joy and had never failed to bring a smile to his unused lips.
 
Leaning down and brushing the loose bangs from his son's face, he swallowed and kissed the boy's forehead before tweaking an ear.
 
Standing straight once again, he was about to leave when Tao mumbled in his sleep.
 
"…batteries…"
 
'Batteries? What is that woman (Kagome) teaching him?' Sesshoumaru pondered in confusion, before leaving his sleeping child and heading towards his bedroom for the night.
 
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
 
The filtered into the pink bedroom and splashed onto its unwilling victim, who was sprawled onto the pink blanketed bed.
 
Kagome groaned and rolled over to glance at the clock.
 
'6:57…crap.' She grumbled, before sitting up and stretching.
 
It'd been almost a month since the fiasco at the restaurant and her date with Kouga.
 
Kouga. Just thinking about him gave her the willies. She'd gone on a few more dates with him since then and had gotten to know him better. Now, he was so possessive he barked at Souta the other day to stay away from "my woman". Ugh!
 
'And here I thought Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha were possessive!' She giggled at the thought and stood up. Placing a hand onto her larger belly, she walked into her bathroom to wash her face.
 
'Only 2 more months before I give birth. I hope it's a girl. I don't think I'll be able to handle another possessive male following my every move.' She smiled and splashed warm water onto her face before lathering her face wash on.
 
Today, she was going in for an ultra sound check up and then she was going off onto her business trip for a fashion show in France. Tao was to stay with his father for the week so she didn't have him to lose in Paris.
 
The last time she brought Tao to another country with her, was when she'd gone to New York City for the Victoria's Secret fashion show and he'd run off into the city itself because he wanted to find "The Big Apple."
 
After 4 hours of searching she finally found him at the base of the Statue of Liberty eating a hot dog.
 
For a 5 year old that was pretty good. Considering the kid didn't have ANY cash on him…she still couldn't understand how the heck he even managed to get to Liberty island without swimming. He could've gotten on a boat…but the ferryman said that he didn't anyone who looked like Tao on his boat.
 
'Tis but a mystery that was to remain a mystery.
 
So now she went on business trips alone. A few colleagues went with, along with some models who were going to be in the shows, showing off her latest designs.
 
She'd packed the night before so all she had to do was dress and get go the doctor's clinic, have her appointment, and then leave for the airport.
 
Tao said to get him something "French". She was gonna have A LOT of fun with this.
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
Tao climbed from the shower stall and proceeded to dry off. Thinking to himself, he began to wonder if his mother would 'ever' tell his father that she was pregnant. He'd found out himself almost 2 weeks ago when he'd made the mistake of telling his mother that she was getting fat. Then she'd sat him down in a kitchen chair and told him the news.
 
To say he was shock was quite the understatement. He was ecstatic! His mother, who was told that she would never be able to have children again, was going to give him a brother or a sister!
 
The bad news about it all…was that he wasn't allowed to tell his father. He'd asked why but the only answered he'd received was a stern look that meant business.
 
So here he was standing semi-naked, he was now in his boxers, in his bathroom, contemplating on whether he was going to pop in excitement.
 
Wiping the fog from the mirror, he tweaked his ears a couple times, to remove excess water, before jumping when a knock sounded on his door.
 
"Master Tao?" Came the butler's, Keitaro's, voice. "Lord Sesshoumaru wishes to speak with you in his study."
 
"All right, thanks Keitaro." Tao answered loudly through the bathroom door.
 
'What could he possibly want?' He pondered, hurrying into his bedroom and slipping his school uniform on.
 
Without brushing his hair, opting it to dry messily, he ventured down the grand staircase, sliding down the railing, before knocking on his father's study's door.
 
"Enter." Came Sesshoumaru's gruff grunt.
 
"You called father?" He asked, stepping into the darkly yet nicely furnished room.
 
Sesshoumaru stood up from behind his desk and cracked his neck.
 
"I have some business to attend to this week. I wish for you to come with me." Was all he said.
 
Tao frowned.
 
"I hate going to the office father." Tao mentioned.
 
Sesshoumaru looked up through his glasses at his son.
 
"It is not at the office. It is in Europe. I have a business merger waiting for a conference scheduling and the only time I've available is this week." Sesshoumaru explained opening his briefcase.
 
"Why do I have to go with you? Can't I stay with Uncle?" Tao asked, flopping into a chair.
 
"No. Just think of it as an early spring break for you. You and I will be going around Europe and touring."
 
"But…what about the conference?"
 
"That is tomorrow. We'll have 6 days after that."
 
Tao sighed and grinned. 'Just me and father. This is great.'
 
"Where is the conference father?"
 
"In Paris. We will be staying at a suite so you have no need to pack anything but your clothing. Everything else will be provided."
 
Paris. This is…gr----CRAP!
 
"NO!" Tao yelled jumping up and slamming his hands onto his father's desk.
 
"What?" Sesshoumaru asked, genuinely startled at his son's outburst.
 
"W-we can't go to Paris!" Tao said.
 
'If we go to Paris…then mother will surely be on the same plane as us!'
 
"And I why not? I see no reason to be doubting this trip, Tao. You WILL not act like this when we are there. If you do, I'll send you back home and tell Keitaro that you are grounded from Ramen." Sesshoumaru said, glaring at his son.
 
Tao gulped.
 
'Stupid ramen…always getting me into trouble.'
 
"Am I clear?" Sesshoumaru asked.
 
"Yes, sir."
 
"Good. Now, we leave. I had Suki pack your things…" Sesshoumaru said, his voice trailing away as he left the office.
 
Tao sighed again and ventured after his father.
 
'I might be able to make dad jealous…but to keep him from going on rampage if he finds out mom's pregnant…man. It's goodbye ramen for me.'
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
 
Thank you to everyone who's reviewed!
 
 
jade
 
jadeprincess
 
V. Turner
 
teenagetomboy69
 
VashLvR
 
Kiba
 
Ice Goddess Kitsune
 
waining-moon
 
Sess+Kagome=Lemons
 
*[spring_tenshi]*
 
gimme more
 
Blue Rhapsody3
 
Kags 21
 
n3ko-chan
 
B3cky-chan
 
draegon-fire
 
sako
 
ILOVEInuyasha07
 
inuyashafan1234567890
 
Thank you!
 
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
 
 
REVIEW!
 
RisuBento