InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ +Like a Battery - ❯ Chapter Twenty-Five: ( Chapter 25 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

+Like a Battery-
 
 
 
By: RisuBento
 
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except the title and the plot of this story…wait…I own Tao and Cho so HA!
 
 
Chapter 25:
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
 
Kagome swallowed and turned away from the group of men in the study. Walking over to the window, she looked down and watched as the familiar vassals put finishing touches onto the roundabout driveway's decorations.
 
Sighing she crossed her arms. 'Why did I even agree to come here? I'm divorcing him in a couple months…and here I am agreeing to be his date for a merging banquet. What's wrong with me!?'
 
"Kagome?" Came Sesshoumaru's voice from right behind her. She turned around and came face to face with a fussing Cho in the arms of her father.
 
"I believe she's hungry." He said quietly, handing the squabbling baby to Kagome.
 
Kagome looked up and over his shoulder and frowned. "Where'd Tao and Inuyasha head off to?" She asked, shifting Cho so she was beneath one of her covered breasts.
 
"They went to Inuyasha's because that idiot needed to get some more 'appropriate' clothing on." Sesshoumaru spoke going back behind his desk and sitting in his swivel chair. He leaned back and watched as his soon-to-be-ex-wife, untie the tie of her haltered dress top and drop down a side of it. He felt himself suddenly warmed at the sight of one her enlarged breasts popping out. Oh what he'd give to feel that same delectable mound of flesh within his mouth again…
 
Kagome seemed to not mind him watching her, as he had, after all, seen her without clothing more than enough times. She sighed and sat down into a leather seat and watched her daughter suckle quiet at her nipple. Looking up, she blanched when she found Sesshoumaru staring at her. She looked away, in hopes that he'd take the hint and cease staring at her like she was on display.
 
"Kagome?" He spoke quietly. Standing up he made his way to the couch and gently seated himself next to her.
 
Kagome shifted and scooted almost unnoticeably over when he moved so close to her. "Y-yes?" She mentally smacked herself for sounding so stupid.
 
"Have you...thought about the arrangements for visiting days...? For Tao and Cho?" He asked, looking down at his clawed hands.
 
Kagome looked away from him and down her now sleeping daughter. Pulling her up to her shoulder, she stood up and placed the sleeping hanyou into her little carrier, before Kagome tied up her dress once more. "I haven't...really given anything much thought lately."
 
Sesshoumaru nodded. He looked up and watched his wife tuck the pink blanket around Cho's sleeping body with such gentle care. He licked his lips and stood up. "Kagome?" He whispered coming up behind her and slipping his arms around her waist from behind. Kagome stiffened and was about to struggle out, when he gently bit down on her neck, making her submit calmly to him. He then trailed his lips in small kisses up her neck, over her ear and beneath her jaw bone.
 
"Se-Sesshoumaru...I don't think---" She started only to be cut of when he hugged her tighter to him.
 
"Shh...just let me hold you... I won't have another chance after the divorce goes through." He whispered into her ear, then buried his nose into her neck.
 
Kagome swallowed the lump in throat. She was about to cry...she knew it. 'He sounds so...sad. Could it be that he's really...sorry for everything? No...that couldn't be it...could it?'
 
Oh, by the gods did she want to turn around and tell him that she loved him. She wanted to turn around and tell him that he was the only one she'd love for the rest of her life. She wanted to turned around and kiss his soft lips, to feel them carressing her own in unison.
 
But...she couldn't. It would hurt her even more to do that. The divorce was already hard enough as it was... He betrayed their love...their marriage. He betrayed her...and he had to suffer the consequences. If she wanted to be an independent woman...she had to take drastic measures. And she'd get there.
 
She would.
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
"Uncle? Do you think it was such a good a idea to leave my mother and father alone? For all we know they could be scratching each other's eyes out by now." Tao said, sitting on his uncle's bed.
 
"Naw... Sesshoumaru? Maybe. Kagome...? Heck no! She'd go for ripping the balls off first!" Inuyasha flinched at the thought, as he tucked in his white dress shirt into his black suit slacks. "Besides...this is all apart of the little plan that I thought up."
 
"That's what I'm afraid of..." Tao mumbled.
 
"What?" Inuyasha growled, turning around and pausing in tying his neck tie.
 
"Nothing! Okay! So what's "their" song called anyway?" He asked quickly, hopping off of the bed and wandering over to the telescope onto the stone balcony.
 
"Uh...I think was called "Eyes On Me" or something..." Inuyasha shrugged, furrowing his eyebrows in concentration.
 
"Sounds cheesy." Tao sighed, standing back from the star finder and looking down at the downtown lights beyond. 'I wonder... Would mother and father even dance to that song? Would they even want to remember that song?' He wondered.
 
"All right brat...let's get the hell outta here and get this stupid party over with. I gotta get up early tomorrow and go on a trip to Osaka." Inuyasha yawned and headed towards the bedroom door; with Tao in tow.
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
Kagome swallowed and covered her hot cheeks with the palm of her hands. Oh! How could she even think about what happened earlier...!? Closing her eyes and leaning against the bathroom door she couldn't help but still feel the heat from his hands between her legs...
 
 
 
****Flashback****
 
 
Kagome was beginning to grow a little more nervous by the moment. He wasn't letting her go!
 
"Uh...Sesshoumaru? Do you think you could...um...let me go?" She asked in more of a squeak than anything.
 
Sesshoumaru inhaled her scent deeply before sliding his hands down her sides. Her breath hitched in her throat when the flames of desire shot up and down her body, engulfing her in a fire pit. Without meaning to, her body arched back into his and she wrapped her arms around his neck. He was placing small open mouth kisses on her bare shoulder and was blowing cold air on them, making her shiver in delight.
 
'I shouldn't be doing this... I shouldn't be doing this! I shouldn't----'
 
"Oooh..." She groaned out when his hands slipped beneath her black lacy boy briefs and between her nether lips.
 
"S-sess...I---"
 
He continued to stroke her down there before making her fed up. She broke away from him, almost whimpering at the loss of his fingers from down below, and reached for his belt. "Sit." She ordered quietly. He did so, pulling her down with him so she was straddling his lap. She zipped his slacks zipper down and reached in and grasped him in her warm fingers. He groaned and tipped his head back closing his eyes. Kagome continued to stroke him and only pulled away when he was ready to break.
 
He growled slightly at her stopping, but that ended when she wove her fingers into his silver tresses and slanted her mouth across his in a heated kiss.
 
'I shouldn't be doing this! What am I doing?!' Kagome screamed in her mind.
 
'Oh god...Kagome I...I----' Sesshoumaru thought drastically in his mind as much as he could through the fogginess of it.
 
A sharp round of knocking shattered the tension in the room like gunfire in an empty forest. They both pulled apart, panting heavily and stood up, resituating themselves. After buttoning and zipping his pants he ran his hands through his hair before opening the door. "What is it?" He asked finding Keitaro, their butler, standing there.
 
"Your guests are beginning to arrive, sir." Keitaro bowed.
 
"Thank you Keitaro, please have them to wait for me in the parlor." He swallowed, trying to 'not' show how out of breath he was.
 
Keitaro bowed once more before leaving. Sesshoumaru closed the door and slowly turning back to Kagome who was currently holding a fussing Cho.
 
"I...will be downstairs for a moment." I said quietly. Kagome turned towards him and he noted with much dismay that she looked extremely flushed and very upset at their entire encounter. Turning towards the door and opening it, he was about half-way through when he paused and spoke without looking back at her.
 
"I am...sorry, Kagome. That shouldn't have happened." With that said, he closed the door, leaving a confused Kagome to tend to their daughter.
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
"Do you think I can fly if I really wanted too?" Tao suddenly asked, earning a really strange look from his uncle, who was driving at the time.
 
"Eh...well... I haven't done it before so...why not?" Inuyasha grumbled before switching lanes at an unsafe speed.
 
"You're stupid uncle..." Tao sighed shaking his head.
 
"Why the hell do you say that? I was freakin' valleydecktarian at our high school graduation mister snooty pants!" Inuyasha growled.
 
"Nice try. It's 'valedictorian' and you 'weren't' that. My mother was." Tao rolled his eyes and looked out of the window.
 
"Keh! I have dreams too you know!" Inuyasha grumbled.
 
"Right...and high school was 'how' many years ago?" Tao pointed out, earning the silent treatment from his defeated uncle.
 
Tao sighed and leaned his head against the window. 'I hope mother and father are getting along while I'm gone.'
 
"Keh... Let's go over the plan one more time all right?" Inuyasha asked, speeding up past a semi. Tao nodded and opened up the "Operation: Recharge" pocket sized notebook and flipped it to the checklist he and his uncle had made when they'd left his mother and father.
 
"All right...so we left them alone." Inuyasha started.
 
"Check." Tao said, making a check mark next to the indicated line.
 
"What's next?"
 
" 'Get orchestra to play 'Eyes on Me' .'
 
"All right. We'll do that when we get there." Inuyasha nodded, before exiting the highway.
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
Sesshoumaru climbed back up the stairs and entered his bedroom. Closing the door with a soft click behind him, he made his way through the darkened room towards his wardrobe. Just as he opened it up a scent caught his attention and he whirled around, ready to strike.
 
'Kagura was here...' He said, recognizing the faint disgusting odor of her overused perfume.
 
Searching the room silently with his eyes he turned back to his closet and began to change for the banquet.
 
Thinking back to what'd happened previously in the study...made him shiver with the deep want of her touch once more.
 
'Kagome...' He sighed and leaned his head against the door.
 
The feeling of her hands stroking him and squeezing him returned and he felt himself twitch down below. She was absolutely beautiful tonight...
 
He should apologize...he really should. But would she accept his apology? Would he accept him back? He didn't want to think about how it could end up...but he had to wonder. 'Does Kagome still, deep down, love me as I do her?'
 
Sighing again, he continued to dress, when a soft rush of wind ruffled his hair. He closed his eyes and growled in vexation. "What could you possibly want Kagura?" He asked, buttoning his dress shirt up.
 
"Ooo...So you knew I was here... Good. What's say we skiv out on this party and go have some real fun...what do you say, Sesshie?" Kagura cooed, wrapping her arms around his waist from behind him.
 
He sighed and yanked her arms from his waist and gave her a push back. "No. I broke it off with for a reason Kagura. I do not wish to continue anything with you. Now leave." He spoke closing his wardrobe doors.
 
"Oh come on Sesshie...you can't possibly mean that...? I mean...you don't have date to this banquet thing do you?" She asked, running a hand down his chest.
 
With a speed so quick, he lashed out and snagged her wrist into his hand and yanked her away from him. "Yes...I 'do' have an escort. Her name is Kagome Kagiyama. She is my 'wife'." He snarled.
 
Kagura's eyes grew wide and she pulled away from him. "You mean---THE Kagome!? The woman who makes that clothing line---is your WIFE!?" She gasped.
 
Sesshoumaru nodded. "I want you to leave my property immediately. And if you ever trespass here again... I'll take care of you myself." He warned before leaving and slamming the door behind him.
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
Kagome was just putting Cho into the pink blanket, wrapping her up in it, when the study's door opened once again. She gulped, knowing who it was. "Are you ready to go down?" She asked, not looking up from her baby girl.
 
"Yes. Is Cho sleeping?" He asked quietly, stepping up next to her. She nodded and lifted the pink bundle, ready to place it into her arms when his hands intercepted her path. Looking up she found herself lost once again in those deep amber pools.
 
"May I hold her?" He asked, almost in a whisper. Unconsciously, she nodded and moved Cho gently into her husband's arms. Sesshoumaru was a little uncomfortable at first but he was soon holding his daughter properly. He looked up and gave a small smile to his wife who gave him a school girl's light pink blush, and turned towards the door.
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
Tao sighed and leaned against the stone statue in the grand entrance hall. There were too many people here. More that 500 were invited and it seemed that they were ALL coming. For now, they were all gathered in the grand entrance hall, all surrounding the grand staircase. His mother and father were going to be making their usual 'grand' entrance. Pfft! Really lame if you asked him.
 
Shaking his head, he was about to turn away when a flash of silver at the top of the stairs caught his eye. Looking up at this uncle next to him, he saw that Inuyasha was staring up at the stairs as well. Tao's mother and father stopped at the top of the stairs, and waited while the crowd all quieted down and bowed, before standing up straight again and clapping wildly. Jeez...you'd think they were royalty or something. Tao watched with his heart pounding fast, as his mother wound her arm through his father's and beamed with her bright white smile. Tao noted with great pleasure that his younger sister Cho was resting peacefully in his father's arms. They began their descent down the steps and the crowd began to mingle once again.
 
Tao was making his way through the crowd when a hand came out of no where and yanked him backwards. "Come on, kid! We need to get the orchestra people to "Eyes On Me"!" Inuyasha hissed into his nephew's ear.
 
Tao sighed and nodded, looking back and noting that his mother and father were all surrounding by ogling people----mostly women----to see Cho.
 
 
"Come on uncle." He said, grabbing his uncle's dress blazer's sleeve.
 
 
 
oo0O0oo