InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ =Muse= ❯ =Emotions= ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

=Muse=
 
By RisuBento
 
Chapter 3: Emotions
 
oo0O0oo
 
3 years later…
 
It was the day of my 17th birthday did I finally realize that I could no longer draw. I couldn't. I was so ANGRY! I'd been filling out and sending applications to numerous art colleges around the country but no one wanted me. They would say something like "your portfolio did not meet the requirements" or "we don't accept this kind of art".
 
I'd finally lost faith in my art skills the day I was told by my father that I was to uphold the family name and follow in my father's footsteps as a doctor. I didn't want to be a doctor. I wanted to be an artist. I couldn't express myself when operating on someone's heart.
 
Well…I could. But I don't think people would like me very much if I take my blood soaked latex gloves and start doodling pictures on the operating table.
 
No. I wanted to be an artist. But…I couldn't DO anything artistic. I would start to draw something but then it would turn out all wrong and I would get overly frustrated and go into the backyard and start the damned sketchpad on fire!
 
It wasn't until the spring before I came home from my first year at medical school did I receive a surprise call from my old art teacher, Mr. Collins. He was my mentor, my idol. He was the most apt and amazing person I knew while in high school. He encouraged me and told me to follow my dreams and pursue art as my career skill and choice. I really thought that I could have if I didn't have a sudden attack of brain farts!
 
Anyway…he called and asked how I was doing and if I was at a local art college. I reluctantly admitted that I wasn't at an art college but was at medical school. He sounded gravely disappointed. I quickly told him about my attack of artist's block (or brain farts) and what my problem was.
 
He laughed.
 
I was confused at first at how he thought my problem was in anyway amusing. He told me that I was in need of a muse.
 
"A muse?" I asked.
 
"Yes. A muse is something that motivates you to learn, to DO things. It's basically something that encourages you to think things through and create knew and better ideas." Mr. Collins explained.
 
'A muse, eh? Where the hell could I buy one of those?' I mentioned that to Mr. Collins and he laughed.
 
"You can't BUY a muse Sesshoumaru…a muse can be anything. From an invisible aura, to a skyscraper down the street----all that matters is that you are motivated by this something to create knew and amazing things." Mr. Collins chuckled.
 
I sighed and thanked him.
 
It was nice to hear a familiar voice, instead of Inuyasha and his annoying friends prank calling me every Friday.
 
A muse.
 
Now where the hell could I find a muse in New York City?
 
Shaking my head, I pocketed my cell phone and zipped up my last suitcase. I was finally going home for the summer. Finally, I could see my family again. It was a nice feeling to be around people I…loved…
 
I said goodbye to my dorm flunkies, and left for the airport in the waiting outside. The taxi driver was rambling on and on about his family and the weather----I wasn't listening. I was suddenly thinking about the letter I'd received a week ago from the Higurashi's.
 
Kagome and Inuyasha were going off to summer camp and were going to be gone the entire 3 months. They were lucky to be able to go off and do whatever they wanted while I was stuck studying medical things. I wanted to draw dammit!
 
I was so frustrated in my thoughts that the taxi driver was yelling at me to get out because I was at the airport and was wasting his time. Well! We'll just forget about that tip, Mr.-I've-got-a-spiked-club-up-my-ass!
 
It wasn't until I was halfway to Minnesota did I realize that I hadn't seen everyone in almost 3 years. I'd gone to New York about 2 years early to find a place to work and settle down for awhile. It was my father's idea----NOT MINE!
 
Anyway…I was horrified at finding myself that I was…nervous…to say the least. I was afraid of what 'she' would think of me. If she would think that I was some stuck up nosy person studying to be a doctor…and not the same kid who used to baby-sit her.
 
I had a filing cabinet in my bedroom that held all of my drawings that were on loose paper. I had an entire drawer dedicated to Kagome. In it was picture among picture of her doing different things---sitting, coloring, smiling, even fighting as Wonder Woman. I don't want to say I was obsessed---okay never mind, I was obsessed.
 
Inuyasha actually began taunting me endlessly after he'd come across the drawer. He said something like "Sesshy's got a crush! Sesshy's got a crush!" or something of that nature. I was in total denial…but then it wasn't long until I finally admitted to myself that…I was in love with her. A CHILD 7 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME! Is that sick, or is that SICK!? I couldn't believe what I was feeling!
 
But now I do.
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
Okay. That was an utterly disgustingly boring chapter! Please review and tell me your ideas and/or suggestions or just to say hi…because I need a hug.
 
RisuBento