InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "The Matrix Has You" ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8
 
“What's going on?” Asked Disk. He had just came up onto the bridge and had noticed that both Arc and Inuyasha where jacked in. He was standing between Kagome and Ram sitting at the computer.
“Arc's sparing Inuyasha.” Ram said.
“Oh, he already did training?”
“Nope. Said he didn't need any.”
“Oh, he's in for it now.”
“Why's that?” asked Kagome irate.
“Arc's the best fighter on the ship, even if he's got that huge sword, he's not that very skilled with it.”
“Inuyasha is fine the way he is! I should know he's saved me countless times.” Backing up the person she loved.
“Well, lets watch and see” interrupted Ram pointing to a screen that showed the two with their swords facing each other in the meadow the breeze slowly blowing through the grass.
 
0o0oo0oo00o00o0o00o0o00o
 
Inuyasha yelled out and charged at Arc. He didn't plan of killing him, just knocking his sword out of his hands and putting the Tetsusgia to his neck for the quick win.
Arc put up his sword in a defensive position and perfect form parried the sideways slash from his left. Inuyasha continued to slash at him in all directions making advances, while Arc blocked every single one of them while stepping back.
Inuyasha took a huge swing at Arc's upper chest. Quickly Arc ducked under the slash, which was not very far from the top of his head. From that position he swung at Inuyasha's abdomen. Noticing this Inuyasha quickly jumped back but ended up with a cut in his outfit where Arc had swung. But no wound
Arc stood up and raised his sword prepared to strike again. Inuyasha raised his sword, also ready. Both charged at the same time at high speeds, and met each others sword swings which where flying every which way.
Holding the Tetsusgia with one hand knocked Arc's sword away from the center of the two. He fired a fist at Arc's head but got only air as Arc's head quickly dodging it. Arc snapped his free hand around Inuyasha's fist and threw him onto the ground with the help of his shoulder.
He spun around to Inuyasha who was now lying on the ground, and swung his sword downward at him but slashed only grass, as Inuyasha almost unconsciously rolled away and got back on his feet in sword in front of him in a matter or seconds.
“Come on, I know you can do better than that!” Yelled Arc who hadn't broken a sweat. “Don't hold back.” He said profoundly with absolute seriousness.
“It's your funeral.” Inuyasha yelled in the arrogant tone he always had when in battle. He suddenly shot into the air at least 10 feet much to Arc's surprise and came screaming down bringing the Tetesusiga with him.
Arc stepped out of the way but Inuyasha still managed to get a good swing at Arc but was parried. Frustrated he swung like at madman giving Arc very little time to block the attacks. But he still kept to parried every single one with ease.
With another swing Arc jumped back and then flipped right over Inuyasha much to his shock seeing a human being able to do that. He spun around in a flash and was barley able to block a shot toward his neck.
The two pushed on each others sword hoping to knocked the other down. Neither of them was able to get an advantage and ended up with only a few inches from each other. Inuyasha growling his face enraged, Arc's calm but determined.
Inuyasha abruptly found himself falling toward the ground, from being tripped by Arc being so close to him. He did hit the ground but put a hard foot in Arc's chest, forcing him to step a couple paces back, Inuyasha taking no time to prevent himself from being flat-footed.
Most humans would have been hurting badly at the very least from the attack but Arc looked if he had only been struck by the same attack from Shippou. Arc sidestepped to the left for several paces Inuyasha turning with him so not to get flanked.
Arc charged right out of sidestep catching Inuyasha of guard but was still able to block the incredibly fast slashes thrown at him, but not without some trouble. Arc continued the attacks in perfect swordsmanship. Get closer to hitting Inuyasha every attack.
Inuyasha kept backing up from each attack till he found himself getting very close to the circle of trees surrounding them, he quickly jumped away so as not to get cornered Arc swung but only hit the trees. After a few seconds the tops of several trees fell down slowly from the diagonal cut made in each of them.
Arc stood calmly, his sword in position as the trees fell down behind him in an explosion of leaves and branches. “You have to understand” Arc yelled out. ”This is only a simulation. There are rules like gravity, but then can be bended…even broken” Inuyasha stood dumbfounded amazed at the skill of Arc. But quickly gripped the handles of the Tetsusiga and focused back on beating Arc.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00
 
“Like I said, best fighter on the Zorah” Disk said smiling while the fight was going on
“Inuyasha has come out of way bigger jams than this” Kagome retorted.
“Your lucky, he's sparing, otherwise he be dead minutes ago.”
Kagome looked at Disk extremely annoyed but said nothing.
 
00o00o00o0o00o0o
 
Inuyasha charged once again, Arc jumping out of the way, Inuyasha growling in frustration. He turned and sprinted to Arc yet again, swinging as fast as he could. Arc didn't even bother to block this swings and simply dodged the attacks moving his body every which way and even bending backwards incredibly far to dodge a swing to his chest, shocking everyone.
Arc shot back up from the position and swung at Inuyasha's side and contacted. Inuyasha was knocked sideways from the attack but didn't felt that much pain from a normal cut. He also noticed that there was no tear in his clothing and there was not blood visible. He then realized that Arc had used the bladeless end of his sword.
`He's mocking me, the bastard!' Inuyasha fought to himself staring at Arc's stone hard glare.
“You have skill, but do you think that has anything to do with your body in a place like this?” He said while sheathing his sword.
“I've had enough of your shit!!” roared Inuyasha as he charged to Arc taking a massive swing of his Tetsusgia at Arc. Arc quickly jumped out of the way and stood confidently waiting for another attack. It came very soon Inuyasha taking another huge slash at Arc, which was dodged by him again.
Inuyasha continued to attacked and Arc continued to dodge not missing a beat, and only frustrating Inuyasha. After a t least 30 seconds of this hoped over and on top of the Tetsusgia that was smashed into the ground. He zoomed up the sword that smashed two kicks one to the chin and the other to the side of the face blasting Inuyasha to his far left the Tetsusgia still in the ground turning to it's smaller form.
Inuyasha shot back up to his feet and wiped off the few drops of blood coming from his mouth with his sleeve. He didn't have much time before Arc zoomed to him preparing to attack the unarmed Inuyasha.
Arc fired a bevy of punches and kicks all of them done perfectly in some sort of martial art style. Inuyasha manage to dodge or block all of the attacks but many of them where extremely close to contacting his body.
Inuyasha managed to find an opening and shot a fist to Arc's chest by was quickly caught by Arc and did not let go. Still clasping on to Inuyasha's arm spun into a roundhouse kick that smacked across Inuyasha's head.
The velocity of the kick it sent Inuyasha flying to the side and had him sliding on the ground. Inuyasha stood up again incessantly annoyed.
“You must understand, the only thing that is here is your mind, use it.” Arc said still where he had kicked Inuyasha.
Inuyasha had enough of this babble, he looked at Arc and looked over to where his Tetsusiga lay, which was about 10 meters away; he could make it but would have to make a run for it so Arc wouldn't attack him first.
Inuyasha made a sudden run to his side, Arc following keeping up with his speed. First running along side him charged toward him but Inuyasha managed to jump over him to where Tetsusiga was picked it up transformed in a swung as hard as he could digging into the deeper powers of the sword.
From the sword and Inuyasha he saw several giant golden waves zooming toward him at an incredible speed. He was memorized by it till he realized that it could very well kill him so jumped out of the way watching the wind scar past him and hit the trees.
The smoke cleared reveling several huge cracks in the ground where the waves had been. The trees that where attacked where completely destroyed and in hundreds of pieces. Standing at the apex of the wave of destruction was Inuyasha standing there breathing heavily, his hands in a death grip around the handle of his sword.
He looked over to Arc who was silent barley any sign of emotion on his face amazed by what Inuyasha had just done. Inuyasha slowly sheathed his Tetsuisga turning back to its smaller form, and waited what Arc would do next.
Finally Arc said “Impressive, like I've said you have the skill, but you have to realize where that skill really comes from.”
“And where's that?” asked Inuyasha his arms across his chest somewhat annoyed that he didn't get Arc with that Wind Scar.
“Your mind” Arc said mystically, a small grin on his face. Inuyasha just stared at him not 100% of what he was talking about.
“Ram!” Arc yelled out to sky as though if he was talking to the clouds. “Jack in Kagome and load up the combat simulator, simulation 1-12.”
 
0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o
 
“Right” said Ram focusing on the keyboard. “Disk can you take care of Kagome?” he asked looking at Disk who was still quite amazed by the sight of the wind scar much to Kagome's happiness.
“Sure” said Disk leading Kagome to an empty seat and getting her set up. Kagome looked over to Inuyasha who was in a coma like state and to her looked really sweet.
“Have fun” Disk said as Kagome felt the needle being sent into the back of her head. Suddenly she was facing Arc who had his stylish outfit on once again, staring though his sunglasses.
“Yo” she heard, she looked to her right side and saw Inuyasha who looked happy to see her. She looked around to take in their surroundings. It seemed that they where in some kind of large warehouse with metals bars at the top creating a dome like top.
She noticed that they where behind one of the many large square pillars facing one of the steel walls of the warehouse. The pillars where spaced out evenly and what cold Kagome see at least 25 of them, but she had a good feeling there where more.
“This simulation is to practice your teamwork, and skills within a combat situation.” Arc begin hands behind his back. “On the other side of this are nine human simulator programs. When I give the signal they will attack you, you job is to stop them in any way before they hit you”
“Um, how do we do that?” asked Kagome
“With these of course!” moving out of the way to reveal a large plastic box filled with a variety of modern weaponry, Pistols, Semi-automatic rifles, shotguns, and other firepower laid inside of it.
“You're kidding, right?” asked Kagome not expecting having to use anything that was shown in front of her. “I don't know how to use this stuff!”
“Of course, you did do the training…didn't you?” Arc repiled
“What the hell is this stuff?” asked Inuyasha who had never seen a gun before.
“They're weapons from my time,” Explained Kagome “they can fire little things called bullets extremely fast.”
“Heh, look pretty stupid to me”
“Anyway,” Arc said “the enemies are not real humans so don't worry about killing them.”
“Wait a minute!!” Kagome yelled just recognizing something. “Do they have weapons too?” worried about Inuyasha getting blasted with an AK-47.
“Yes but they have paintballs for bullets, if you get hit you get sent up there.” he pointed to large room up on one of the walls behind a large window, looking down over the warehouse.
“Now then, ready?” Arc said picking up two Uzi machine guns.
“I guess.” said Kagome uncertain slowing picking out a Glock 17 pistol. She did know how to use it properly; she just wasn't sure about using it.
“Aren't you getting one?” she asked to Inuyasha who was standing against the pillar arms crossed with his eyes closed.
“I already got my weapon” grabbing on the sheath of his Tetsusiga with a confident smile on his face.
Kagome nodded her head and smiled also “Ok lets do this Arc!” Kagome yelled out trying to be as confident as Inuyasha
“Ok…GO!” Arc yelled out sidestepping from his spot his uzis out in front of his while pasting on of the empty walkways and standing behind the next pillar with his back to it.
Kagome turned off the safety to her pistol and looked at Inuyasha. “Don't worry you'll be fine with me” said Inuyasha who pulled out his sword. Kagome slowly looked around the left corner of the pillar making sure no one was there.
Seeing no one she slowly turned around and starting walking down the alley keeping her pistol in front of her in firing position, Inuyasha following her trying to sense where the enemies where. Kagome was almost surprised on how well she was handling the weapon, she more or less expected herself to be shaking it uncontrollably.
They looked over to each side of them looking down the pathways making sure they weren't being flanked. Kagome suddenly heard footsteps in front of her; she turned to see a bald menacing looking man, mainly because of the silver colored M16 he was carrying.
“Hold it!” Kagome yelled out aiming her pistol at the man. She hoped the person would lower the weapon so she didn't have to fire at him. The man wasn't as hesitant as Kagome as he aimed at Kagome's chest area preparing to fire.
“Look out, Kagome!!” yelled out Inuyasha moving them both behind the pillar to their left as 15 paintballs zoomed past them hitting the steel wall at the end of the warehouse.
“Damn those things, are fast.” remarked Inuyasha, seeing what these weapons from Kagome's time where capable of.
There was more footsteps from the left and saw the same bald person, or at least someone who looked the exactly like the first one. Taking little time he started firing at the two with his own M16.
Inuyasha quickly stood in front of Kagome and put the Tetsusgia in front of them turned to its side it's handle at the top. The paintballs simple bounced of or smacked onto the sword, protecting both of them.
Kagome then suddenly noticed several small fountains of blood shooting out of gunshot wounds in the chest of the man that was firing at them who had just fell to the floor, presumably dead.
Then she saw Arc who was behind the man who had no doubt fired his Uzi's at him. Kagome then turned around and abruptly felt several paintballs being smacked into torso, three in the breast area, two to the abdomen and one to her right arm. All of them fired by the man who they had met up with first.
Inuyasha had heard the gunshots and turned horrified to see Kagome looking at the top or her school uniform, which was covered with green paint. She had not been hurt that badly, but Inuyasha did not know this and was ready to completely destroy every single one of these bald men.
Kagome was looking down at her hand, which was covered with paint also from touching her shirt, when unexpectedly she was looking down over the warehouse her hand and shirt paint less.
The first thing she noticed was Inuyasha charging at the man who had shot her in a furious rage, no doubt from her disappearing all of a sudden. The bald man attempted to fire at the attacking half-demon. But Inuyasha was much too fast and slashed him diagonally falling to the ground while blood shot out from the huge wound.
Another bald man appeared on Inuyasha's left side about thirteen meters away from him. Quickly Inuyasha sprinted toward baldy blocking the paintballs being fired at him with his sword. Then flew into the air and came down on top of the man bringing his sword with him slashing though the man and his M16.
Meanwhile Arc had found him self being flanked by two men, Kagome did noticed that the people they where fighting against did all look the same. Being fired at from both sides Arc ran toward and up the sides of one of the pillars flipping in mid-air and landing on top of another pillar firing at both men at the same time.
He started hopping from pillar to pillar going to his left making sure not to be a sitting duck. The man on Arc's right fell to the ground dead while the other one jumped on the side of a pillar and landing on the top of the pillar next to Arc's.
The man was about to fire but his gun but it was knocked to the side by a kick from Arc. Arc then sent two more kicks at his chest, knocking him over. Once the man loss his balance Arc fired at his chest having him land on the ground in a pool of blood.
Kagome couldn't help feeling queasy; she rarely saw what looked like to her human blood. And she was also worried about Inuyasha who was still in a murderous rampage, even if she knew that bald men weren't real.
Soon enough Inuyasha had killed another bald man jumping behind him and catching him by surprise. Arc killing two with single shot kills each to the head.
Inuyasha had just found the last enemy, he didn't falter and charged right at him sword ready to cut right though him. Baldy had been ready though and fired his M16, huge splashes of green paint crashed onto Inuyasha's clothing, but he didn't stop charging.
Then suddenly he vanished and appeared right where Kagome had earlier. He was still charging till he realized where he was and stared dumbfounded, but noticed Kagome and ran over to hugging her tightly.
“Kagome your alright!” He said who had though she may have actually died. Kagome was caught off guard by Inuyasha's hug, but she was glad and hopeful that he do it more often.
A door creaked opened Inuyasha quickly let go and prepared for whoever was coming though the door. Kagome was slightly disappointed that something had interrupted her being with Inuyasha.
Arc came though the door his trench suit waving around like a robe while walking in. “Well that was pretty good for your first time” he said while walking in. “But there is much room for improvement.” Standing in the middle of the room hands behind his back as usual.
“I'm sorry,” Kagome began playing with her hair. “Its just tha—“
“It's ok” said Arc cutting her off. “You get used to it eventually”
All of a sudden the three of them heard a ringing sound. Arc reached for his pocket and pulled out a cell phone and opened it.
“We got trouble,” said Ram on the other line.
 
(manaleak34: Well, hopefully that was enough action fix for you right now. It was suggested that I have Kagome go against Inu, but not right now…maybe later, and also Kagome knows how to do the stuff…she just hasn't “Freed Her Mind” yet ;) and whats the trouble…Your gonna have to wait to find out….I have found I am quite good at these evil cliffhangers, *evil laugher* anyway, reviews are ALLWAYS wanted…and also big thanks to my many fans I've seem to have to gotten and also check out Key's new story (you can find her name in the reviews) till next time!!! By the way…if my spelling or grammer seems bad…TOO BAD!!! I've decided Microsoft Word is my editor now…I don't like waiting a long time to update….sorry Luv!)