InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "The Matrix Has You" ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10
 
 
“Well so long for now” said Disk sadly to the dock of Axthon as the crew entered the Zorah. It was early morning in Axthon and most people we're still asleep. Arc wasted no time in getting everyone back onto the ship.
“Well at least he has the sense not to stall around.” Said Inuyasha to Kagome who where walking into the ship, referring to Arc. “Unlike some people.” He looked annoyed at Kagome.
“What's that supposed to mean!?” Kagome said angrily to Inuyasha.
“Please, do I have to remind you about all the times you took longer in your time than you said?”
“I had very good reasons!!” Yelled Kagome stopping on the fold-down door and getting into Inuyasha's face
Meanwhile Ruby was standing at the control mechanism for the door. She was watching Inuyasha and Kagome through her red bangs in front of her head. “Quite a couple aren't they?” she whispered as Arc walked past her. He chuckled slightly and headed inside
After about ten more minutes the entire crew and the ship was ready for departure. Urza shot on the power and the Zorah steadily floated upwards and toward the large gate, which was the entrance to the main pipeline
“This is the Zorah now leaving the dock, requesting entrance to the main line.” Urza said keeping an eye on the Zorah's workings. While his microphone was turned on above him.
Very gradually the giant cranks, wheels and machinery started moving and slowly started moving opening the gate and giving a view to the very large tunnel that lay before them. The Zorah hovered into the tunnel, the gate closing behind it. After about fifteen minutes they had reached the spot where they we're going to broadcast from, they where about sixty miles from Axthon and in perfect range for entering the Matrix.
“Well folks I hope you'll enjoy yourselves.” said Ram while listening to Shadows Fall. Looking out to seats in front of him each of them filled except two. “Just try not to get killed or anything, ok?” he said hitting on a button on his keyboard.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0
 
Kagome found herself standing in a very familiar room, she soon realized that they where in the room where the crew had her and Inuyasha hooked up to the wooden chairs. Inuyasha was standing next to her in half-demon form and slightly bewildered seeing the room again
All around her was the crewmembers she had seen the first time they where here, all of them with their interesting clothing as Kagome put it. Disk with his sunglasses, Arc with his suit/trench coat, Ruby with her white dress-like outfit on, and Stone standing next to several metal boxes no doubt filled with weaponry or ammunition.
Arc slowly walked up to a spinning dial phone sitting on the table in front of them, which was ringing and picked it up. “We're in” he said simply.
After they had gotten acquainted Arc came up to Disk who was getting to making a base of operations. He was expecting to stay here till they had gotten back from the oracle, besides helping Kagome, he didn't get to go out into the field often.
“Disk I need you to come with us.” Arc said from behind him.
“What do you need me for?” Disk asked turning around to look at him.
“For Kagome and Inuyasha's sake I think you may be the only one of us she actually trusts.”
“I don't think Inuyasha does.”
“Well he trusts Kagome.”
“Alright fine, whatever.” he said casually after a moments thought. Walking over to Kagome and Inuyasha “Time to go.” He said to them motioning to where he was walking which was into the room where they had first met Arc.
Kagome, Inuyasha and Disk with Arc behind them started heading down to the parking garage. They took the elevator and walked though the main entrance where Inuyasha and Disk had fought the agents. There where still evidence of the fight including the broken window that Inuyasha had jumped through, and the small hole in the wall where the agent had smashed Disk.
The group continued the retrace of their first path and taking the steel door on their right and walking down the stairs, entering the parking garage. The police cars and bodies that had been attacked by Stone with the chain gun had been removed by the Zorah crewmembers during the night after they had awaken Inuyasha and Kagome. Making sure they would not get and unwanted suspicion.
Although, there where some small signs of what happened including large black marks caused by the cars exploding. Arc walked over to a black colored sedan and got inside the driver's seat, Disk getting into the passenger side Kagome getting on the left side of the back seats.
Inuyasha hesitated; he had seen cars before while in Kagome's time but had never ridden one so was unsure whether to get in or not, mimicking Kagome he was able to find himself in the right side backseat. Once in, Arc started up the car and they exited the parking garage calmly going down the road on which the tall gray building was.
Soon they found themselves in downtown of the city Kagome lived in. Kagome was quite worried about Inuyasha. “Get down, someone might see you.” she protested quietly realizing that he didn't have anything to cover his ears
“It's alright.” said Arc calmly while still looking out the front window.
“You not worried if someone sees him?” asked Kagome baffled
“If someone does it's their own choice whether they believe it,” he looked at Kagome through his sunglasses. “Or not.”
The car was silent for few minutes when Inuyasha asked. “So is this oracle supposed to tell the future or something?”
“In a way, she tells you what you need to know.” said Arc
“Feh, probably a bunch of bullshit anyway.”
Another silence then Kagome asked, “So she lives in Japan?”
“No” Arc said plainly
“No? Then how are we going to see her?” she said seriously doubting Arc
“There is a secret way to where she is. There are many like it…all lead to the same place.”
“Ok…so what did the oracle tell you?” interested in finding out something more about the oracle.
“We're here.” He said ignoring Kagome's question, whether he had done it on purpose or not was unknown. They had come to run down apartment building that was made mostly of bricks and looked just about ready to be torn down.
The group exited the car and headed inside going though double doors one of them with a broken window. The entrance looked like a sleeping place for hobos than anything else and was ridden with garbage and very dirty.
They made their way to a nearby elevator they all went in, it was actually quite nice compared to the rest of the building. Arc pushed one of the buttons and the doors closed and Kagome could hear the mechanisms working as they slowly headed up.
“Is there something I should know beforehand?” Kagome whispered to Disk making sure she didn't end up doing something wrong.
“Try to be open-minded…that's all I can say.” Disk said looking up at the elevator's ceiling.
Before Kagome could say anything else the doors opened and Arc started heading down the hallway, the rest following. The hallway they where in wasn't any better than the outside, it could have been worse in fact. With graffiti on the walls and doors and wallpaper peeling, it didn't look like a pleasant place to live.
Eventually Arc stopped at one of the doors on the left of what seemed like the exact middle of the hallway. He turned to Kagome and Inuyasha “Another choice” he said calmly standing next to the frame of the door.
Kagome looked at Arc for a few moments but then reached for the door handle, she opened it and walked into a quaint apartment. Most of the room was colored in a dark forest green and gave the room a calming feeling. The rest of the group followed behind, Disk sitting down on a chair in the entryway.
The small living room Kagome was in featured an old-fashion TV sitting under a regular size window that looked out over a completely different city than what they had been in getting here, though she could not determine where. On the left wall was an old light brownish couch sitting behind a wooden coffee table on the left wall was a large bookshelf with random items on it.
“Oh, you must be here to see the oracle.” said a kind female voices. Surprised Kagome spun around to see a woman in her twenties of some kind of Indian heritage. She was quite beautiful and looked at the three in the room sweetly.
“I'm glad to see you Arc.” She said
“You too.”
“You can see the oracle now if you like.” The woman said gently motioning toward a doorway covered with wooden beads coming down from the upper frame. “You can wait here.” She said looking to Arc and Inuyasha, the three stood there silent while the woman went back into the doorway she had come out of.
Kagome looked behind her at Inuyasha, he shrugged his shoulder but said nothing. She sighed and headed to the oracle, while Arc and Inuyasha took a seat on the couch.
Kagome slowly pulled back the wooden bead door and walked inside. She was now in the kitchen of the apartment. The room still had the forest green feel and looked very American. A stove, wooden cupboards, and counters lined the far wall. On her right was a small window looking out at the unknown city.
Across the window was a small table with chairs and sitting in the one farthest from Kagome was an old Black woman with graying hair and deep lines on her face. She was wearing some mundane clothing, and looked like someone's grandmother and reminded Kagome of Keade .
She was sitting there calmly smoking a cigarette; she blew out some smoke and looked over to Kagome. “Hello, you must be Kagome.” She said smooth and sweetly.
“Are you the oracle?” Kagome asked slightly nervous
“Not what you expected right?” the oracle said a small smile on her face “Why don't you sit down?”
Kagome slowly sat down in the green chair across from the oracle and sat straight up trying to be as respectful as possible.
“So how are you doing?” the oracle asked holding her cigarette with two fingers
“Um…fine.” Kagome said not expecting her to start off with small talk.
“That's good, would you like a cookie?” Kagome noticed a plate of cookies placed on the table in the middle. “They're fresh right out of the oven.”
“Sure” Kagome said taking one of them not wanting to be rude.
“I can see why he likes you” the Oracle said a grin on her face.
“Who, Inuyasha?”
“Mmm-hmm, you care about him a lot don't you?”
“Yea, but I really wish he wasn't as stubborn at times.”
“Oh, I'm sure he'll learn.”
Kagome sat there silently for a moment and eventually said, “So…are you going to tell my future?”
“Wouldn't be much of an oracle if I couldn't. But there's only so much I can tell” Said the oracle taking a deep drag from her cigarette. “But what I can tell you that Inuyasha is going to need your help.”
“What do you mean?” asked Kagome troubled
“Sooner or later your going to have to make choice, and that choice will decide what Inuyasha's fate may be.” She said very seriously which sounded very creepy to Kagome coming form such a kind looking person.
“What's going to happen to him!?”
“That, I'm afraid I don't know.” The oracle said a little depressed.
“Why not!?” Kagome sincerely worried
“No one can see past a choice they don't understand.” Said the oracle calmly. “But one way or another you're going to have to do something.”
“But what can I do?”
“You're going to have to figure that one out by yourself.”
Kagome sat there mute for at least a minute, while the oracle took another drag of her cigarette.
“So you're going to see her?” said Arc sitting on the couch outside the kitchen looking at Inuyasha, interested in why Inuyasha had changed his mind. Neither had heard anything coming from the kitchen and Inuyasha was wondering if Kagome was all right.
“No, I'm just waiting for Kagome. She's just a fake anyway.” He said aggravated.
Arc watched him wait impatiently for a few moments and turned his head to look at the ceiling. “I suppose it's how you look at it.” He said off-hand.
“What if I don't believe you?” asked Kagome after a two minute silence.
The oracle blew out more smoke from her mouth. “You don't have to, I just expect you to make up your own damn mind, believe it or not.” She said looking at Kagome straight in the eyes.
Kagome looked down at the floor till the oracle added, “You're a lot more than what you think you are, and you and him are going to find out soon enough.”
“You mean Inuyasha?” Kagome asked confused who the `him” was supposed to be.
“It is someone very close to you, closer than you think.” She said mystically. Kagome could only help staring somewhat confused, she had a good feeling that she wasn't talking about Inuyasha, but was not completely sure.
“I'm getting very old Kagome.” Said the oracle changing the subject. “I think that my time may be almost up, something big is going to happen, and I'm afraid I can't do anything about it.” She said unhappily
“What?” Kagome asked
“Everyone is going to want that jewel you have, and they're all going to want to get their hands on it.”
“You mean the Shikon jewel?”
“Yes, and If you aren't able to destroy it I'm afraid someone else will get it for themselves.” The oracle said very gravely. The two sat there without a sound for quite a while Kagome trying to put everything together.
“Well I think Inuyasha might be starting to get worried, you can take more if you want” the oracle said in a kind voice looking down at the plate of cookies.
“That's ok.” Kagome said politely noticing she had taken a single bite from the one she already had. She slowly stood up and stayed there for a couple moments. “Thank you.” she said bowing slightly and then slowly heading to the door.
“Good luck kid.” The oracle said as Kagome left the kitchen a smile on her face.
Kagome walked into the living room staring at the cookie in her hand, she still had some doubt about what the oracle said but right now she wasn't sure what to believe.
“Hey” Inuyasha said casually still sitting at the couch. At the same time Arc stood up and walked to Kagome.
“What was said is yours and yours alone” he said while walking past her into the kitchen. Kagome stood there for a couple seconds her face unreadable.
“Something wrong?” asked Inuyasha confused
“Nothing” Kagome said giving Inuyasha a small smile and trying to be more optimistic.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0
 
“You gotta be fucking kidding me.” said Ram irritated “We have to go to the source to get rid of this stupid jewel?”
“Yes, since the jewel has so much of it's code connected to the source, so it makes sense.”
“And the only people who know how to get to the source is a radical group.” Said Ram thinking Arc was absolutely crazy.
“Yes” Arc said annoyed not wanting to have to deal with Ram.
After they had finished with the oracle the four of them had headed back to the building on 16th street and the crew had jacked out of the Matrix. Once back in the Zorah Arc had called everyone on the ship for a meeting on the main bridge telling them what the oracle had said.
“The source?” Kagome whispered to Disk who was standing next to her.
“The machine mainframe, basically the heart of the Matrix.” He replied while Arc and Ram continued to argue.
“Just how the hell would some radicals know how to get to the source?” yelled out Ram sitting at his computer chair. “And why haven't they just used it to hack into it yet?”
“I don't know, most likely they're unable to. Either way that's what the oracle says we have to do and so that's what we're going to do.”
“Fine go and get yourself killed” Ram said coldly.
Arc was about to give him a verbal beating but decided that Ram can believe what he wants Arc just needed him to do his job.
“So anyone else have anything to say?” Arc said looking out to the crew
“The plans fine by me, some Radicals would make some nice target practice” said Stone a dangerous grin on his face.
“I'm sure.” Arc replied mostly under his breath a look of displeasure on his face.
“How are we supposed to find out how to get the source? I've doubt the radicals are going to just give the info up.” Said Ruby
“Well they're still humans they may not agree with us but they will talk. So we're going to try diplomacy.”
“And what if that doesn't work?” asked Sine.
“Then we'll just have to get it by force.” Said Arc hoping it wouldn't have to come to that. Stone had another grin on his face.
“So tomorrow we're heading there, got it?” said Arc with a commanding tone. Everyone gave some kind of confirmation. “Well you free to go then.”
 
(Manaleak34: Of course the oracle's gonna be cryptic and stuff that's how she is…what the hell the oracle was talking about you'll soon find out…and if you don't know who the women was…watch Revolutions…yes it's Sati. Anyway next time it's time to meet these radicals, so read it, believe me it'll be a good one. Also, Shadow's Fall does indeed rock…check them out. And do I really have to say what I want…Reviews Man!!!)