InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "The Matrix Has You" ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12
 
“Well hurry up and fire it, else I my just accidentally shoot him from being so nervous” Said Morator his gun still at Inuyasha's head his face completely different from his words.
Kagome still held the pistol in her hands aiming at Morator, she was still quaking in panic and uncertainty, unable to keep her arms steady, debating with herself in her mind.
`I can't kill him, he still is human, I could never get over myself, what are you talking about he's going to kill Inuyasha!! It's the only way to save him. No!! I—I just can't, you have to!”
Morator smiled in glee knowing of what inner turmoil she was dealing with, `the best kind of pain is one that draws no blood' he would often say to himself. He was having a very enjoyable time playing with the girl's emotions; it was only a matter of time before she broke.
 
00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
 
Arc zoomed up the stairs firing at both sides of him taking out guards as blood continued to spill across the room giving the walls a badly put on coat of paint. Ruby and Disk took out guards who where running in from the hallways providing backup. Stone taking out any stragglers.
Arc meet up with another guard he suddenly realized that the weapons he was caring where out of ammo, instead of reloading or grabbing new ones. He dropped the ones he was carrying and sent a basic left kick to the guard unarming him and then spinning around to send a huge roundhouse kick to his face which shot him over the balcony and to the floor below.
The room was now a mess of what it once was, dead bodies covered the floor along with random body parts ripped from their joints lying in pools of blood. Parts of the balcony had fallen off and there was still the huge gap that had been created by Stone's grenade blast.
None of them had been injured badly although some of them did have some bullets gaze past them very dangerously. They had used most of the weaponry, leaving only Stone and Ruby the only ones that still had any weapons to use.
“Check the hallways.” Arc said demandingly, looking around making there where no threats in the room.
“What about Inuyasha and Kagome?” Disk asked as Arc walked down the stairs
Arc came down to the main floor and looked at him for a few moments his face unreadable. For some reason Disk thought Arc looked like he was making a very difficult choice, even though Disk though it was a no-brainer.
“Take care of it.” Arc said quickly and then ran down the hallway door to his right. Stone and Ruby also ran off, Stone taking the hallway, which hadn't been blocked off, by the gap on the balcony. And Ruby taking the hallway opposite from Arc's. This left Disk standing under the chandelier trying to comprehend what had just happened. He decided not to dwell on it much and heading into the room guarded by the double doors going through the huge scar in it that Inuyasha had made.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
 
Arc ran down the hallway looking for anything that could be useful for him. Since the plan didn't go exactly as they had originally planned. Arc had feeling they weren't going to be able to receive the codes. So Arc was taking looks in any and all rooms and doorways he could come across trying to find any computers.
He was still wasn't feeling good about sending Disk out on his own, but according to the oracle Disk was going to have to find out on his own. Knowing Disk for a long time he had no doubt in his mind though that he'll be able to overcome this.
Arc spun around a corner sliding on his shoes from the velocity he was going and shot down another hallway, he continued running till he thought he saw something go past his eye he quickly stopped and went backwards till he came to the entrance to a small office. It was extremely bland and Arc would have ignored it if it hadn't been for what was on one of the desks; an all black computer thousands of green symbols resting on the screen. Arc grinned when he realized what this was; he had found it.
Arc walked up to the keyboard and started typing furiously, at the same time pulling out his cell phone.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o
 
Ram was sitting at his usual place still trying to figure out what had happened to the group, their vitals where still fine, but he had failed in all attempts to track them, he knew they where in the Matrix, but where exactly was a mystery.
Suddenly there was a ringing at his console he pushed a button on the sides of one of the headphones we was wearing. The music that he was listening to turned off and Ram said “Operator?” somewhat confused that he was getting a call from who knows where in the Matrix.
“Ram it's me” said the voice on the other line
“Arc! Where the hell are you?”
“What! Don't you know?” Arc exclaimed surprised.
“Your tracking signal went off when you went into the theater.”
“Damn they must have blocked it.”
“Wait a minute, if they blocked your signal, why can call me?”
“Well, considering that most of the guards are dead I don't think they are able to keep the block up.”
“…. I see” Ram said slowly wondering what had happened.
“Anyway I need you to get a direct connection to the code I'm giving you, I need you to hack it and get the source entrance codes.”
“Diplomacy didn't work?” Ram said in an “I told-you-so” tone to his voice
“Just do it” Arc said annoyed.
“You got it” said Ram a widow popping up on one of his three screens an exact copy of what Arc saw on the screen standing in front of him. “Ok, let's see if these radicals are as good at programming as they say they are.” Said Ram a smile on his face getting to hack into an entire system from just access to a computer, which controlled the image mapping of the radical headquarters. A good challenge for him, but quite easy either way.
 
0o00o0oo0o0o00o
 
“Just wait till I slit your throat, you bastard!!” yelled out Inuyasha still looking up at Morator standing there with a gun raised to his head his finger dangerously close to the trigger.
“Hmm…he seems very dangerous, I feel dreadfully unsafe with this person standing here, I hope I don't have to kill him to keep me safe.” Morator said while staring eyes unmoving at Kagome a toothy grin on his face. “I think you'll understand when I say we are both very busy people, and this is becoming quite a long wait so it's time to choose…His life…or mine?”
Kagome still stood at her spot tears falling from the eyes hoping for something, anything to get her out of this. She was furious with Morator and deep down she did want to pull that trigger have the bullet go though his head have his blood be splattered all over the room, then run over to Inuyasha and leap into his arms and cry, and cry.
She couldn't stand it; she couldn't stand that was what she wanted I'm I as bad as him? She thought to herself. She could never get over the fact that the person's life that had been lost the blood that spilled, was her fault.
“No one really has to die, just help me out Kagome that's all I want, I'll let Inuyasha go unscathed. It's all up to you.” He said more calmly and professional then before, but still with a face of menace. “But I have to say, it would very selfish of you to let Inuyasha die like this you know.”
“Kagome don't! I know you better than that” yelled out Inuyasha suddenly “your not going to do what some crackpot like him tells you. If there's one thing I learned after everything, is that you can't be pushed around!!”
“Inuyasha” whispered Kagome looking at Inuyasha compassionately tears pouring out of her eyes. She was so happy that she had him; he was really the only thing that kept her going. She knew what he had just said was right no way was she going to help Morator.
“Very touching, now let's go shall we?” said Morator who had enough of this, he really hated when people got all lovey-dovey around him especially when he's trying to have some fun.
“NO!!” Yelled out Kagome “You can go to hell!!!” she yelled angrily turning her head to face Morator tears flying from her face.
“I see.” said Morator after a few seconds. “Very unfortunate it came to this” he said coolly putting the finger on the trigger preparing to fire.
Kagome watched in shock as Morator prepared to kill Inuyasha she had to do something, but I have to!!! No I just can't!!
“BAM” a gun shot, silencing the entire hallway. No one moved, it was as if time stopped almost. I'm sorry.
 
0o0o0o00o000o0o
 
“Arc, I got it, pretty tough I have to say, but nothing I can't handle.” Ram said on Arc's cell phone feeling quite good about himself.
“Ok good, I'll get the others, be ready for us.” Said Arc happily but knowing they weren't home free yet.
“I'll be waiting” Ram said, and then silence from Arc shutting off their connection. He then made another call he only dialed one number but thanks to the modifications made on it, it called to all of the Zorah crewmembers currently in the Matrix. It was very nifty gadget and Arc used it often.
“Once the connection had been made he simply said into the mouthpiece. “I got it, lets go.”
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0
 
Kagome's gun fell out of her hand and onto the floor followed by her falling to her knees and sobbing. There was still steam coming from the gun from being fired but Morator was still standing where he was, who hadn't fired his gun. Kagome had fired, and missed.
“Weakling” Morator spat out turning his attention to Inuyasha who was staring furiously at Morator.
“Time to die” Morator said simply a look of tranquility on his face.
Suddenly Inuyasha saw a foot shot across Morator's face knocking him away from Inuyasha in surprise. No longer being threatened by Morator's gun he quickly stood up and saw Disk standing next to him who had been the one who had attacked Morator. He watched Morator intently and angrily as he regained his senses. Even though both Inuyasha and Disk where ready to attack at any minute, Morator still had a weapon so they stood and waited for what was going to happen.
Kagome was now looking up watching all of this realizing that Disk had saved Inuyasha, she started feeling horrible, she couldn't even save the person she loved. She continued to sit there and look at the hard concrete ground, which was covered with teardrops.
Morator stared at the Disk and Inuyasha both of them in incredible rage. “ It is done” he whispered under his breath to himself, then spun around and sprinted down the hallway.
Inuyasha and Disk quickly followed him all of them going around Kagome still on the floor, Morator turned right around a corner and continued toward a steel door at the very end.
Inuyasha and Disk came around the same corner when Morator quickly fired his pistol. Both Disk and Inuyasha hastily took cover behind the corner, the gunshots whizzing by them. After several shots Morator turned and continued to run. Once Inuyasha and Disk noticed it was safe followed behind.
Morator came to the door and opened it quickly and shut it right before Inuyasha got to it. He hurriedly grabbed the handle pulling the door and running inside. He suddenly stopped at the doorway under him was a huge dark pit with no bottom in sight.
He waved his arms trying the keep his balance and not fall in, he almost did if it hadn't been for Disk who grabbed by the back of his kimono and pulled him back into the hallway.
Both of them fell on the floor breathing sighs of relief but swiftly going to inspect the room. There was no sign of Morator of anything else for that matter, all Disk and Inuyasha saw was an endless darkness, it was very haunting and both of them felt at unease, as if their blood has been replaced by ice.
“Damn It!!” yelled out Inuyasha smashing his fist into the wall.
“How in the hell…” wondered Disk he had saw a room when Morator had entered but now there was no sign of anything like that. He had a good feeling that he hadn't fallen down this pit and was somewhere else perfectly safe. He slammed the door furiously knowing it wasn't going to do them any good.
Both Disk and Inuyasha stood there irritated with themselves that they had let him escaped. Even though the two of them didn't get along that very well they both silently agreed on one thing; that Morator wasn't done yet.
The two of them noticed Kagome slowly coming around the corner Disk and Inuyasha looked away from her, Kagome didn't need to be told, Morator had gotten away. But she didn't care about that right now, she ran into Inuyasha nearly knocking him down and latching around him crying into his chest.
Inuyasha heard a muffled “I'm sorry” come from Kagome. Inuyasha slowly rested his arms around Kagome also trying to comfort her. “I'm so sorry” Kagome said in-between her weeping.
Disk watched, no emotion on his face, he hadn't seen most of what happened, but he really wasn't interested, from seeing this.
Suddenly Disk's cell phone rang he pulled it out and put it up to his ear. “I got it, lets go.” He heard on the other end.
 
 
(Manaleak: Hot damn that's some crazy stuff right there, as you can see the story's is really starting to pick up now. Anyway next time….uh….I an't gonna tell ya…just let this all sink in…and yes this is short…cus last one was long….shut up. And of course reviews…please…it feels if I'm only writing for three people sometimes. Tell other peoples to check it out!!!)