InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ (*Untitled*) ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Here we go with another wonderful chapter. Hope you like!!!!

Disclaimer: I do not own the cast of Inuyasha.

Untitled

~ * ~

Chapter Eight

Kagome was surprised to see Sesshomaru standing before her. She didn't expect, didn't want, to see him today. She wanted only to enjoy the day with her friends. But now here he was, and he was demanding why she was wearing Inuyasha's shirt.

"Sesshomaru, what are you doing here?" she asked casually.

"You didn't answer my question, wench." he said softy, trying to hide his anger.

"Wench! I thought I told you before that I didn't like to be called wench! I want you to use my name, Kagome! Got it?" she yelled, clenching her hands into fists by her sides. "And as for wearing Inuyasha's shirt, we were at the beach and Inuyasha offered us dinner. I didn't have anything to put over my bathing suit, so Inuyasha gave me his shirt. Does that suit your approval oh mighty master!"

She watched as the corner of his mouth kicked up. He was smiling at her. That made Kagome even madder. Of all the nerve!

"It's good to see that you're living up to your name, little tiger." he said, raising his hand to touch her cheek softly. She was taken aback by the action, but found herself leaning into his touch.

She discovered what she was doing, and pushed away from him. She would not forgive him this time for calling her wench. She warned him.

"I have to go now. Dinner is probably served. Good-bye Sesshomaru." She stepped around him, and went back to her table. He made no move to stop her. She didn't know whether to be glad or disappointed.

Inuyasha saw her coming, and asked, "What took you so long?"

"Well, if you really must know, it's my time of the month. I had to get a tampon from the dispenser-"

He held up his hand, a sign for `no more information'. She could see the blush tinting his cheeks and couldn't help but smile. She didn't want him to know about his brother being here, and the only way to accomplish that was to embarrass him. And there was one thing that made all males uncomfortable- the monthly visitor.

They spent their time eating and talking about random things. When the check came, Inuyasha took it and wouldn't let anyone else touch it. He gave the waiter his credit card, and went back to the conversation.

After the waiter came back with his credit card, they all left. Sango didn't live very far from the restaurant, and decided to walk home. Miroku elected himself to walk her home. Kagome and Inuyasha both watched them walk away, until they were out of sight. After, they took their seats in his car.

"So, do you think there's something going on between Miroku and Sango?" Kagome asked, looking at her friend.

"I wouldn't doubt it. They're both acting strangely." He answered, pulling onto her street.

"Yeah." He stopped in front of her house, and she continued, "Thanks Inuyasha. I really had fun today. I'll talk to you later."

Just when she was going to walk out of the car, he stopped her. "Kagome."

She looked at him. "Yes Inuyasha."

"Is there…I mean…are you…" he trailed off, unsure of himself.

Her brow furrowed. "What is it Inuyasha?"

"Do you like Sesshomaru?"

Her eyes widened by the question. She never expected Inuyasha to ask that question. But then again, she didn't expect to see Sesshomaru either. Today was the day of the unexpected.

She didn't know how to answer the question. If she said yes, that would anger Inuyasha, seeing how much he hated his older brother. If she said no, she would be lying to her friend, and she couldn't do that. What was she supposed to do?

"Well, that's an odd question." She said, trying to buy time. Maybe Sota will come out again, to tell her her mother wanted her in the house.

"Just answer it, Kagome."

"Inuyasha…"

"Do you or do you not like my brother?"

She bent her head. "Yes, Inuyasha, I like Sesshomaru."

His fingernails dug into his palms. He knew it! Now, what was he going to do? He would never approve of Kagome dating Sesshomaru. For all he knew, they could be already; by the way Sesshomaru was acting at the party yesterday.

He shook his head. "Kagome…"

"I know you don't like him, Inuyasha, and I'm sorry. But you can't help whom you like. Good-bye." And with that, she got out of the car, shut the door behind her, and walked to her house.

There was only one thing left to do, Inuyasha said to himself.

"Sesshomaru! Where are you?"

Inuyasha waited downstairs, until he saw his brother emerge from his room. He still carried the unemotional mask on his face. God, how he hated that look!

He ran up the stairs, and stood beside his brother. Sesshomaru clearly got the height in the family.

"Sesshomaru, I'm giving you one warning. Do anything to hurt Kagome, I'll come after you, and tear you apart. I don't care what it takes, I'll find a way to do it. Do we understand each other?" Inuyasha asked.

He watched as Sesshomaru gave him a cold smile. "Do you really believe that you could harm me?"

"I will Sesshomaru if you harm Kagome in any way."

"Why would I hurt what is mine?"

Short chapter, I know. But I hoped you like it anyways. Awwwwwww, it's Inuyasha sweet and protective? Lol. Wow! Thanks FoXy_hOtIe for your reviews!!! Especially with the long one where you repeated `It's good! It's good!'. Lol. I loved it!!! I think you're right. I'm not going to do the tattoos. Sorry for all who wanted them. And I'm also sorry for your keyboard.

Please review!!!!