InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Wish They All Could Be California Demons!" ❯ The Complete Idiot's Guide to Exorcism! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Wish They All Could Be California DEMONS!!!"

An InuYasha Fanfic by DarkAngelsTears

Disclaimer: WE DO NOT OWN INUYASHA!!!

A/N:

Ah, yes. The late-late update. And stupid rhyme. XD Anyhoo, on with the story...

---

Chapter 3

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Exorcism!

---

...posters. Many posters. Kagome gasped and stepped up to the wall, resting her fingers on a picture of Inuyasha, shirtless, covered in blood, and in his demon form. She was the first of the gang to come see, but not the last. Soon, everyone except Miroku was examining the poster-like drawings. There was a detailed sketch of Kagome crying in front of a grave marker that read something in English, but Kagome had a sneaking suspicion that she knew who it was. Another picture portrayed InuYasha and Kagome, in clothes fit for a wedding, locked into a passionate kiss. Still more showed things like Shippo eating candy and watching Inuyasha being sat repeatedly, chibi Miroku and Sango hugging, Kagome jumping through the well, Kilala and Sango sitting happily in a field of flowers. The walls were covered with such pictures, each heavily angsty, chibified, or fluffy. Further on down the wall were pictures of Sesshomaru, Jaken, Rin, and Naraku, but no one was paying enough attention to it. They were too busy looking at themselves.

Katty turned pink. ~My friends and I heard legends about the Inu-gumi, and we discovered a manga series, an anime series, and an entire fandom devoted to your works. We know... a lot. I'll leave it at that.~ she said, her eyes on the ground.
Kagome glanced at Inuyasha. ~Did you catch any of that?~ she asked, an eyebrow raised. Inuyasha shrugged. ~I understood about nine words.~ he said, looking about at the pictures. Damn, this is confusing. he thought, staring anxiously at Miroku.

The door banged open and hit the wall, hard. "Katty! You pulled me out of school, cussed on the phone, what in bloody hell is going on!" a voice bellowed from upstairs. Katty looked up and called, "Down here! In the Hideout!"

A girl with waist-length sandy brown hair came bounding down the stairs. "Alright already, you've had your fun. Who is this supposed friend and why am I supposed to c-ca-care..." Nickie said, voice trailing off as her gaze landed upon Inuyasha. Katty grimanced. "Don't do anything fangirlish or you'll spoil the InuxKag pairing forever more and you'll be mauled by thousands of fanfic writers. As you can see, the Inu-gumi, for real, have come to our world. And somehow, Miroku got hurt. I saw his arm and I'm thinking that it's something spiritual. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Miroku is being posessed."

Nickie's eyes widened. She walked over to the hide-a-bed breathlessly. Her backpack slid to the ground unnoticed. She placed both hands on Miroku's right arm gingerly, then closed her eyes and concentrated. A dull pink glow eminated from his arm for a moment, and Nickie opened her eyes. "It's not posession, though you weren't far off. Somehow, there are demons trapped inside his Wind Tunnel that are still alive, still conscious, and are trying to escape. They're polluting Miroku's body with their demonic auras, and they must be exorcised or he will die." she said grimly, then gave a cocky half-grin and began to search through her backpack for something.

Inuyasha was baffled. ~Who is THIS girl?~ he shouted, exasperated. Nickie looked up, unruffled. ~My name is Nakia. You can call me Nickie, as most people pronounce my name 'Nah-key-ya' instead of 'Nih-key-ah'. It's a lot less complicated, you see~ she said in perfect Japanese. Inuyasha sweatdropped. ~Feh, now you speak our language. What are you doing to Miroku?~
Nickie stood up with a package in one hand and a book in the other. ~I take classes. I'm good like that.~ She proceded to explain what she had just told Katty and flipped through the book to a page near the end. Katty groaned and smacked her forehead. "Don't you dare tell me that thats-" she began, but was cut off by her friend. "Yup! The Comeplete Idiot's Guide to Exorcism!" Nickie laughed ironicly, then took two worn-looking pieces of paper from the package.
~Sutras? Where on earth did you get those?~ Kagome asked, scratching her head. Nickie stood up and replied vaguely, ~eBay~

A/N: And that's where I'll leave it for now. Read and Review! ^.^