InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 10 Seconds ❯ 10 Seconds ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
10 seconds
Ouch….it hurts…it hurts so much. I want the pain to go away. Why can’t it? Please let it go away! It burns! STOP IT! I’m begging….Inuyasha….?
---
(Inuyasha’s POV)
What’s this feeling? My heart why is it pounding like something’s wrong? I shook the thought off as I held Kikyo. My first love, the one who pinned me onto the sacred tree thinking I betrayed her, and who died doing so.
I close my eyes taking her scent of bones and soil. This is my good bye, We finally defeated Naraku and I fulfilled my promise to her, and now it’s time to let her go. I parted our embrace and I stared at her.

“Inuyasha…” she whispered to me, though her tone was different it wasn’t the same non-emotional tone. It sounded like she was worried.
“Yes?” I ask. Her eyes sadden. why? She shook her head.
“Kagome.” she told me, the pain hit me again….then my eyes widen. Kagome… I looked behind me, no she wasn’t there so I looked at her again confuse. She was shaking her head again.
“No she’s not here…there is something wrong.” She answered my silent question

The pain hit again, it hurt, and Kikyo was right something is wrong. I turned towards the direction where the camp was. I have forgotten that the others were still injured from the battle. We almost didn’t make it, but we did…right? I looked back at Kikyo and she nodded. I then ran towards the camp, and the pain in my heart hurt more, and I’m guessing that isn’t a good sign.
---
(at camp Authors POV)
Kagome lied on the ground twisting and turning, also moaning in pain. She was deeply injured from the battle. The others tried to comfort her, but nothing was working. She was breathing hard like she couldn’t take much but had to. They knew what was happening. She was leaving them.

Tears hit them one by one, afraid of losing their true friend from the future. Sango and Miroku losing a sister, Shippo losing a mother, Kirara losing another owner, nothing could cure Kagome, all they had to do was try and comfort her and wait till the end. T

heir tears dripping from their eyes to the ground, crying out for her, “Kagome! Don’t leave us!” “You’ll be okay! Just be strong!” “Kagome….” What can they do now?
---
(Kagome’s POV)
It hurts! Please just let it stop! I’m begging. I opened my eyes screaming in pain, I’ve never knew what pain really felt like, until know. Why wont it stop?

KAGOME!” I heard a voice yelled out my name, it was louder then the others, but then suddenly the pain was gone…..I felt myself relax, I heard everyone’s cries, then it all gone quiet. Why?
“Kagome?” the voice said my name again, it was weaker though. I then opened my eyes slowly. Right above me was, Miroku, Sango, Shippo, Kirara,….and Inuyasha. I smiled, they were all here, and I’m glad. I looked at Inuyasha, he looked sad, I didn’t want that, he doesn’t deserve being sad again. I brought up my hand to his cheek, and he grabbed my hand.
“Kagome..” he said quietly. My smile widen.

“I’m….glad…you’re all…her.” I told them weakly. It felt like my voice was to give out when I did. They didn’t reply, just stared at me with their sadden eyes. I giggled lightly,
“We….finally…did…it huh?” I ask. They nodded still unable to say anything to me. I still held my smile, just then, everything went silent.

Too silent. I couldn’t hear anything, nothing at all, it was like I was in an empty room with nothing at all, nothing making a sound. Miroku’s mouth started to move his tears falling, I couldn’t hear what he was saying though, He then hugged me and got up and went out the hut. Sango talked to me next, still I didn’t hear anything she walked out also.

Shippo and Kirara looked at me sadly, Shippo was crying hard, even if I did hear anything I wouldn’t really understand him, but I’m guessing they’re all saying goodbye to me. I nodded, then they walked out. Now it was just Inuyasha and I. I turned my head towards him still having my smile.

“Inuyasha…” I think I said. He stared at me. His lips move, but I’m guessing he said my name. I then felt something painful…and I knew what it was.

(Inuyasha’s POV)

The others said their goodbyes to Kagome and left. So it was just Her and I in the room. I stared at her, I couldn’t believe this was actually happening. It couldn’t!…but it is. She turned her head towards me looking at me with a smile. Why was she smiling?

Though it didn’t matter now. She was leaving me. I then heard her say my name quietly,
“Kagome..” I whispered. “Please…hold me?” I heard her ask. As she did I immediately took her in my arms, embracing her, not wanting to let go. I felt her arms slowly go around my neck. She then pulled away a bit looking into my eyes, and whispered words to me. I stared at her shock.

I felt the tears I was holding back, fall out my eyes. I shook my head, “You can’t leave me…” I whispered. She was still smiling, and went back into our embrace. I then heard numbers, she was counting?

Ten…” she whispered. I was confuse as I looked at the back of her head. “Kagome?” she didn’t say anything but kept counting down.

Nine…” “What are you doing?” I ask still nothing.

Eight…” “Kagome!?” she still wouldn’t answer

Seven…” “Stop it! Kagome!” she kept going.

Six…” I shook my head whispering to her to stop counting.

Five…” “Kagome…” I whispered.

Four…” I nuzzled her neck, as she kept counting down.

Three…” her voice was getting weaker.

Two…” I parted our embrace, and took her lips to mine. I pulled away, “I love you too…” I whispered. She was still smiling.. Then..

One” I couldn’t hear her. Her eye then droop down, her body going limp, in my arms…
“No.” I close my eyes more tears coming down, as I held her dead body to mine. “Kagome..”

My best friend, my love was gone… Her last words before she counted down to her death…the words that shock me.

“Inuyasha…I love you as a hanyou…”

~End