InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ Look over here (kiss 1) ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Look over here (kiss 1)
 
By kira
 
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple incase you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
 
888
 
 
“Hey, look over here!” Sesshomaru hissed. He motioned for Rin, his young girlfriend, to come over. When she reached his side, he whispered, “They seem to be hitting it off.”
 
 
Rin looked over at the table where her boyfriend's manager and the cross-dresser, he had hired for the music video, sat, eating lunch. “Sessh, they're just having lunch together; it doesn't mean a thing,” she said patiently.
 
 
“Watch.”
 
 
A few minutes later, the cross-dresser laughed. The two of them had been talking quietly, but now the conversation took on a more animated tone. Both men did appear to be enjoying the other's company, but then again Kusao Bankotsu was known for his wit and charm. Rin knew he was quite the favorite amongst the various women working at the studio to flirt with, although it rarely led to anything more than a date or two. The cross-dresser, Hibiya Jackson, known professionally as Jakotsu-chan, on the other hand was a complete unknown except for the fact that he had had a relationship of sorts with her boyfriend's fellow band mate, Naraku. The few minutes she had spoken to him only revealed that he was American born and bred like herself and that if given the opportunity, he could be just as outrageous as her boyfriend.
 
 
“So Ban makes him laugh. Big deal.” She shrugged. “He makes a lot of women laugh, I mean people.” Rin frowned.
 
 
Sesshomaru chuckled. “Yeah, he does look like a woman...” he trailed off as he glanced over at their table. Looking back at his girlfriend, he said, “Fifty bucks-”
 
 
“You mean yen, and that's only forty cents, Sessh, if I did the math correctly.”
 
 
Sesshomaru rolled his eyes at her. “Okay, let's say, five thousand yen says Ban asks him out on a date by the end of shoot.”
 
 
Rin looked at her boyfriend and smiled. “You're on, but I have to point out that Ban only dates women.”
 
 
Sesshomaru laughed. “Rin honey, Ban is an equal opportunity lover.”
 
 
Rin's eyes went wide in surprise. “No way!”
 
 
“Oh yeah. He's a definite switch hitter if I've ever seen one.”
 
 
“Hunh? Since when are you so interested in baseball?” she teased.
 
 
Before Sesshomaru could reply, they quickly focused their attention on the other table, when the sound of a chair being pushed back alerted them to one of its occupants leaving. Much to Rin's chagrin, the cross-dresser said just loud enough for them to hear, “Sounds like a date to me!” before walking away. She quickly covered her discomfiture at losing the bet by saying, “Wait! That sounded like Jakotsu asked him out not the other way around! I win!!”
 
 
“Damn it, you're right again, Brat!” Sesshomaru said, reaching for his wallet.
 
 
888
 
 
Bankotsu stood in the shadows along with the film crew and everyone else that was hanging around, watching the video being made. But unlike most of the hangers-on, he only had eyes for the pretty cross-dresser. Jakotsu looked like he was having fun prancing around with Sesshomaru which gave Bankotsu an unexpected pang of jealousy. He shook his head as he silently berated himself over it. By the time the last take and the end of the song had rolled around along with the final kiss, Bankotsu was in his own little world, imagining he was up there kissing the cross-dresser instead.
 
 
There was a time when Bankotsu would have dismissed “love at first sight” as nonsense but that was before the tall, pretty cross-dresser had lunch with him. Now he found himself scanning the crowd for a sign of Jakotsu, as people moved in to break down the set and the road crew came to pack up the band's instruments. He was just about to give up and tell himself that he had imagined the whole thing about going on a date, when a pair of warm hands suddenly materialized in front of his eyes, playfully blinding him. Bankotsu chuckled happily when a husky voice whispered saucily in his ear, “Guess who?!”
 
 
“Uh, Sessh?” the younger man teased.
 
 
“Nope, guess again.”
 
 
“Ummm...” Bankotsu felt the hands covering his eyes, “Kagome?”
 
 
The voice from behind giggled happily. “Nope! One more guess!”
 
 
“Uh... I give up.”
 
 
The hands fell away from his eyes as the voice said impishly, “It's me, Silly!”
 
 
“Oh.” Bankotsu turned around and came face to face with the cross-dresser. He watched the cross-dresser slowly lick his lips and smile.
 
 
“You ready to go?” Jakotsu said.
 
 
“Almost.”
 
 
“Almost? What do you have left to do? Rin-san was nice enough to make arrangements to have my things sent to my friend Sui's house. I don't mind picking them up tomorrow.” Jakotsu looked at him quizzically.
 
 
“This...” Bankotsu took a deep breath, and throwing caution to the wind, he tilted his head up, leaned in and kissed him.
 
 
“Oh...” the cross-dresser said breathlessly when they broke the kiss. Smiling as they both recovered their composure, Jakotsu quipped, “Ooh, I can see you're going to be a fun date.” He giggled at the look on Bankotsu's face.
 
 
“I'm sorry; I don't know what got into me!” Bankotsu said. He was mortified over the over his behavior and he was amazed Jakotsu seemed to be taking it in stride.
 
 
“Don't worry about it.” The cross-dresser shrugged. “A lot guys wonder what it's like to kiss me. I mean look at me, I look girly, yet underneath it all I'm a guy. So let's pretend it never happened. And ummm... if you want, you can give me a goodnight kiss at the end of our date and that'll be our official first kiss.”
 
 
“Sounds like a plan to me.” Bankotsu, feeling relieved, grinned.
 
 
“Sounds like a date to me,” Jakotsu joked.
 
 
As they left for their dinner date, Sesshomaru happened to see them leave. “It looks like they really did hit it off,” he said to Rin.
 
 
“Yeah, and if you don't pay attention and look over here, instead of watching them, they're going to pack your strat in the wrong case.”
 
 
Sesshomaru gave his manger/producer and the cross-dresser one last look, before focusing on what his girlfriend had said. “Damn it! You're right again, Brat!” he said. “Idiot!! That goes in this case!!” the guitarist yelled at the roadie packing up his guitars. Sesshomaru sighed irritability when his girlfriend hugged him from behind, and looking up, he caught one final glimpse of the cross-dresser and his manger/producer as they left on their date. I hope you finally found what you're looking for, Ban...