InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ Jolt! (kiss3) ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Jolt! (kiss 3)
 
 
By kira
 
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple, incase you haven't already guessed, is Ban/Jak.
 
 
888
 
 
“So drink Jolt! energy drink when you need a quick pick me up!” Jakotsu smiled at the camera as he held up the can. Please don't make me drink any more of this shit or I'm going to puke my guts out...
 
 
“Cut! That's a wrap!” the commercial's director cried.
 
 
Thank heaven! Jakotsu sighed as the director came over to him.
 
 
“Thank you for you time, Jakotsu-san. It was a pleasure working with you. Perhaps we'll get the chance to work together again sometime.”
 
 
Jakotsu smiled. “Perhaps...” He nodded at the director. “If you'll excuse me?” the cross-dresser said when he spotted his boyfriend.
 
 
“Of course.”
 
 
Jakotsu walked towards where his boyfriend waited. “Hey there,” he said softly.
 
 
“Hi,” Bankotsu said taking the cross-dresser's hand. He tilted his head up to kiss Jakotsu's cheek. “You finished?”
 
 
“Yeah...” Jakotsu frowned when he noticed the can of Jolt! in Bankotsu's hand. “Eww... Don't tell me you like that crap?”
 
 
Bankotsu grinned. “It's good.” He finished the can. “Aaah....”
 
 
The cross-dresser made a face. “I suppose one can isn't all that bad, but after drinking as much as I did today, I feel sick.” He sighed. “I also don't think I'll be able to sleep for a week, I feel so jittery from that crap.” Jakotsu held up his hands and shook them.
 
 
Bankotsu chuckled. “You'll be okay, Sweetness. Besides, you can sleep in if you want tomorrow, right?”
 
 
“Yeah.”
 
 
“So there you go,” Bankotsu said as his boyfriend nodded tiredly.
 
 
They walked over to Jakotsu's dressing room in companionable silence. Entering it, Jakotsu closed the door behind them. When he turned around, Bankotsu pulled him close.
 
 
“You were really good out there. I'm surprised they didn't pick you for that play.”
 
 
Jakotsu sighed. “Ban honey, I tried out for the female lead, and I was told it was a pity I wasn't a `real woman.' If I'm supposed to be an actor, then it shouldn't matter if I'm playing a woman or a radish. Idiots! Why is okay to do commercials in drag, but not plays or TV shows?”
 
 
“That's not true; you had a part in that play last month.”
 
 
“Playing a woman in kabuki for a cultural festival doesn't count. Those roles were traditionally done by men after they banned women from the stage.” He sighed again. “Maybe my parents are right; maybe I should get a real job so that I can afford to move out that old student place. Or if I really want to do something artsy, I suppose I could always be a hair and make-up artist.”
 
 
“You wouldn't be happy doing that any more than I would. Don't worry; the video's getting a ton of air time. And people are beginning to recognize you on the street, so who knows? You may get that dream job real soon.”
 
 
Jakotsu kissed him. “Thank you for cheering me up, my lil dumpling, but I don't know...” He rested his cheek on the shorter man's head. “Anyway, I'd better wash this crap off my face so we can get hell out of here.”
 
 
Bankotsu laughed. “Sounds like a plan to me.”
 
 
“Now I know why I love you so much,” Jakotsu said as he pulled away from him. “Can you help me out of this?” He turned around and held up his hair. Bankotsu took the hint and reached up to pull the zipper down the back of the dress Jakotsu wore. “Thanks...” the cross-dresser said. He stepped out of the dress and hung it up.
 
 
Bankotsu made himself comfortable on the only other chair in the tiny dressing room, watching as Jakotsu sat in front of the mirror and pulled his hair up out of the way. The cross-dresser wrapped an old scarf around his head to hold his bangs out of the way. Reaching for a jar of cold cream, he opened it and slathered it on his face, before taking several handfuls of tissues to wipe it off. Once he was satisfied he had removed most of it, he got up and washed his face in the sink, only to sit down and repeat the whole process. When his face was clean and make-up free, he added a little bit of plum liner to his eyes and mascara. Pinching his cheeks for some color, he preened a bit in the mirror and Bankotsu chuckled. Smiling back at his reflection in the mirror, Jakotsu got up to get dressed in his street wear. “Let's go get some dinner, I don't know about you, but I'm starving,” the cross-dresser said, pulling his favorite t-shirt over his head.
 
 
“Okay.”
 
 
888
 
 
Jakotsu hung up the phone and sighed. He had just committed to a month's work, touring various cities all over Japan as the Jolt! Girl, and just when things were starting to get serious with Bankotsu too.
 
 
How can I be such an idiot?! he mentally berated himself. Because you need the work so you can afford to pay your rent and eat this month.
 
 
But a month?! He's going to forget you for sure! the nagging argumentive voice in his head pointed out.
 
 
Don't be stupid! Ban'll understand, a hopeful part of his mind said.
 
 
You think when Youkai kicks off their tour he's going to stay behind with you? You're out of you mother-loving mind if you do.
 
 
But he'd take me with! I know he would.
 
 
Maybe he would and maybe he wouldn't. But if he did, it's only because he's in the position to do so.
 
 
Hey! Maybe I can take him too!
 
 
Yeah, and maybe pigs can fly. He's not going to come as he can't, he has responsibilities too, you know.
 
 
I know, I know!! But...
 
 
But nothing. Call him and explain to him you leave in two days. If he loves you, he'll understand, a calm little voice in his head said.
 
 
“Shut up!!” Jakotsu yelled at the warring voices of hope and doubt in his head. He rubbed his forehead tiredly. “I'll call him already; just leave me alone so I can think...”
 
 
The cross-dresser stared at the phone helplessly, before finally picking up the receiver and dialing. He counted the rings until Bankotsu picked up.
 
 
Hello, Kusao speaking? Can I help you?
 
 
“Hey there...”
 
 
Jak? Sweetness? Is something wrong?
 
 
“Yeah...”
 
 
What?! Are you hurt? In trouble?! What?!
 
 
Jakotsu sighed. “I called because I have some bad news...”
 
 
What? Bankotsu suddenly felt afraid.
 
 
“Jolt! called and they um...”
 
 
What? They're canceling the ad campaign? I'm sorry to hear that. He hoped Jakotsu could not hear how relieved he was that they were not breaking up.
 
 
“No, it's nothing like that. In fact the ad's doing really well; their sales are up twenty percent.”
 
 
That's great, Jak!
 
 
“No, it's not!” the cross-dresser wailed. “They want me to tour around, making appearances all over the country. I'll be gone for a month, maybe longer and... and, ummm...”
 
 
And? Bankotsu gently prompted even though he was afraid the older man really was trying to find a way to break up with him.
 
 
“I'll miss you,” Jakotsu said softly.
 
 
I'll miss you too, but this could be your big break and all.
 
 
“Not really, I think sales went up because of the video. It's been airing on MTV and so has the ad. I think people are starting to put things together...”
 
 
You don't sound happy about it.
 
 
“I wasn't aware I was supposed to be happy about being away from you for a month or so,” Jakotsu said tartly.
 
 
That's not what I meant. What if I come with you?
 
 
“You can't do that, Silly.”
 
 
Then I'll just have to settle for calling you every night.
 
 
“Yeah...?”
 
 
Yeah. So how soon do you have to leave?
 
 
“Two days...”
 
 
Then we'll just have to make them count. You know, so they'll last for a whole month or more because you know I'm going to miss you.
 
 
“Yeah?” Jakotsu sighed happily. “I'm going to miss you too.”
 
 
I'll be by later to help you pack and afterwards we can go out for dinner.
 
 
“Sounds like a plan to me,” Jakotsu teased.
 
 
Sounds like a date to me, Bankotsu teased back.
 
 
“I'll see you later then.”
 
 
Bye...”
 
 
Jakotsu hung up the phone. This is going to be the longest month in my life without you. At least I know you'll miss me too. Damn you, Jolt! Sickly sweet and now you're keeping me away from my dumpling for a whole month! I hope you're happy...
 
 
888
 
 
Author's note: Tbc in kiss number four...