InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ Excessive chain (kiss 13) ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Excessive chain (kiss 13)
 
By kira
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple incase you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
FYI: Comiket is a twice yearly HUGE doujinshi (fan comic) convention held in Tokyo.
 
Shojo manga are comics aimed towards a female audience.
 
888
 
“Jak's very insecure, but you should know that by now, Ban,” Suikotsu said.
 
“I know and that insecurity is like what my aunt calls an excessive chain around one's heart, but I'm not Naraku.”
 
“I know that, and Jak knows that,” the pediatrician sighed, “but some wounds are deep and the fact that you've dated women before has him worried. Seriously, you could have met him in junior high, decided you'd rather dated him than some cute little cheerleader and spend the next thirty, forty, fifty years at his side and he'd still worry about you leaving him for a woman.”
 
“So how do I convince him otherwise?”
 
“The same way you've already been doing it, by ignoring his outbursts because you recognize them for what they are.” Suikotsu looked over at the cross-dresser and back. “And whatever you do, don't tell him over and over again that you won't leave. Naraku used to do that and we all know how badly that ended. Now go on and pretend you're jealous before Inuyasha explodes.”
 
Bankotsu laughed as he watched his lover's antics. “You know, that started out as a goof between the brothers and somehow it took on a life of its own.”
 
Suikotsu also laughed. “I know. Jak told me about it the day after they shot the video. The poor thing is never going to live that down as long as he lives.”
 
“Tell me about it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a guitarist I need to rescue.” Bankotsu turned and headed towards his lover, who was mercilessly teasing their friend.
 
“Don't tell me he's at it again? Don't they ever get tired of annoying him?” Renkotsu asked when he came over to his boyfriend and handed him a plate of food.
 
“No, and I have the feeling formalizing their relationship isn't going to change a thing where Jak and Sessh are concerned when it comes to Inuyasha. I wouldn't worry about it though; Ban's going to put a stop to it now before things get really out of control.”
 
Everyone roared with laughter when Inuyasha, after telling Bankotsu he wanted to congratulate the “bride-to-be” and wish him well, took the cross-dresser's face in his hands and kissed him. The look on Jakotsu's face as well as Sesshomaru's was priceless and while the “engagement” party over-all was a success, everyone was convinced that one moment was the one that would be remembered and talked about for a long time.
 
888
 
The last of the guests had just left to go home. While Bankotsu was busy locking up for the night, Jakotsu started cleaning up the mess.
 
The younger man walked into the living room. “Leave that, Sweetness. We need to talk.”
 
Jakotsu felt a stab of fear pierce his heart as he looked up at his boyfriend. Please tell me you're not going to call the whole thing off... The cross-dresser stood there dumbly as his lover walked over and sat on the sofa.
 
“Come're,” Bankotsu said, patting the seat next to him.
 
Jakotsu swallowed nervously as he obediently came over and did so. He was unprepared for the arm the younger man placed around his shoulders, pulling him close. Still, he snuggled up next to him, praying that this wasn't going to be the last time he ever did so.
 
“Sweetness...”
 
“Yeah...?”
 
“I've been thinking about us,” Bankotsu said. He frowned when he felt the cross-dresser stiffen under his touch. “You okay?”
 
“Yeah...”
 
“You sure?”
 
Jakotsu nodded.
 
“Anyway, I was thinking about how you're always flirting with anything that moves-”
 
The cross-dresser pulled away from him and sat up. “I'm sorry, Ban honey! I promise I won't do it again!” Please don't leave me!!
 
“It's okay... I know you don't mean it,” he soothed. “Although, I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt, but I understand why you do it.”
 
“You do?” Jakotsu settled back into his lover's embrace.
 
Bankotsu cupped his lover's cheek with his free hand, tilting his face upwards. “I do... and I want you listen to me, really listen, Sweetness,” he said, while gently rubbing his thumb against the cross-dresser's lips. “Naraku hurt you really badly, there's no denying it, but I'm not him. I never will be him. I love you and only you. But your fears are getting in the way of that love and they're making you do stupid things. It's like you have an excessive chain around your heart, squeezing it, and shutting out all the love I have to give you.”
 
Jakotsu's eyes were bright with tears. “I know...” he said softly. “But I'm still afraid.”
 
“Don't be. If I didn't love you, I sure as hell wouldn't be getting married to you, because no matter what we call it or dress it up as, that's' what it is.” Bankotsu smiled. “In fact, the only way you're getting rid of me if I were to suddenly die on you.”
 
“Don't talk like that!”
 
“I only said that because I want you to understand the depth of my feelings for you. I know I'm not much for saying `I love you' all the time. But I do and well, I try to show you instead of saying it. I don't know.... Maybe I need to say so you'll hear it.”
 
“No... I need to listen more carefully to the quiet ways people say it.” Jakotsu looked away. “Ban honey...” he began softly. “Even though I know people love me and like me, I just never felt likable or lovable... It's like I'm chasing after something that's been in my back pocket the whole time.” He pulled away from Bankotsu and sat up, hugging knees.
 
“I know...and it's one of the things I love about you,” Bankotsu said. He hunched forward, resting his arms on his thighs, his hands dangling between them. “Because your vulnerability makes me want to scoop you up in my arms and... ummm...” Bankotsu trailed off helplessly as Jakotsu tried hard not to giggle. “What's so funny?”
 
“You. You sound like you've been reading my Harlequins behind my back.” The cross-dresser smiled impishly at him.
 
Grinning, Bankotsu felt as though he heard, not a silly giggle, but the sound of a chain being broken. “So what if I have, you're the one who left a pile of them by the tub.”
 
“Well... I like to read while I soak,” Jakotsu said as if that was a perfectly normal thing to do.
 
Bankotsu, who was momentarily at a loss for words, finally said, “Okay...”
 
Jakotsu sighed. “It's a pity the newer ones aren't as good.”
 
“Isn't there anything else you can read?”
 
“Nothing else really appeals to me except shojo manga and `boys love.'”
 
Bankotsu laughed.
 
“Okay, so I like my `BL' to be sweet and romantic; that's why I make it a point to go to Comiket.”
 
The younger man nodded. “So umm...” he started, trying to steer the conversation back to the original topic. “You going to trust me when I say I'm here forever and will never leave you?”
 
“Yeah...”
 
“Promise?”
 
“I promise...” Jakotsu said, and letting go of his knees, he leaned towards him. He kissed Bankotsu long and hard.
 
As they kissed, Bankotsu shifted so that he could place a hand on the cross-dresser's heart. Breaking the kiss, he sat back and smiled.
 
“What was that all about?”
 
“Nothing,” Bankotsu said smugly.
 
“Nothing? You copped a feel of my tit and it's `nothing.'” Jakotsu blinked.
 
“Okay, it wasn't `nothing.'”
 
“Then what was it?”
 
“I just wanted to feel the chain around your heart breaking,” Bankotsu said.
“Did you?”
 
“Yeah...”
 
“I'm glad you did,” Jakotsu said, wrapping his arms around his lover and, pulling him close.
 
“Me too...”