InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Days Until New Moon ❯ When You Cry, Cry In The Rain ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
When you cry, cry in the rain. No one will be able to see your tears. No one at all..

He did it again. He hurt her. Never physically or mentally, but spiritually and verbally. All she felt like doing was going home and crying into her pillow on how it wasnt fair that he could do all the things that he does, but she couldnt do what she wanted. How he could have her and make love to her at night and to Kikyo during the day. But yet, she couldnt even look at Miroku in a friendly gesture without Inuyasha accusing her of cheating. If anyone was cheating, it was him. He snuck off to Kikyo during the day while she slept or bathed for a 'quickie' or so she called it. She felt the need to let it go. But then Inuyasha would feel bad about her crying and beg her to stop. And she could never say no to Inuyasha. Not even if it killed her.

"Kagome?" a friend of Kagome's came up to her. It was Sango. Her best friend. Sango had been accepted into the group about two years ago and they had become closer than she had ever been with her three friends in her time. If she needed someone to talk to on the regular basis, Sango was there. If either one of them had hurt or was in pain because of their lovers, the other felt it. They were practically sisters.

"Yeah?" Kagome tried to sound happy and giddy like she usually was. But to her old friend, it wasnt going to work. Sango had seen straight through the sheilds and walls that her friend put up. "Kagome-chan. If you're going to let it go. Let it go in the rain...No one will be able to see your tears. No one. Not even Inuyasha." Two sets of big brown eyes looked at eachother. "Thanks." Was the answer from Kagome.

"OR," began her friend once again, "I could just as easy as kill him for you. You know, which ever one works best. I like the killing thing more though." A wicked smile spread across Sango's face. "And no one will know I did it. Ha ha! Sheer brilliance! Let me do it."

"No." Was the only answer that her friend needed to hear in order to shut up. "Fine, but I'm serious about crying in the rain. I do it all the time. And by the looks of it, there's going to be a good rainfall later."

"Thanks." Kagome thanked her by giving her a hug and started to walk off. "Don't mention it." Kagome smiled to herself before she heard, "No, I'm serious. Don't mention that I told you I cry or the thing about the rain." All Kagome could do was laugh to herself and walk away.

~.~

Later that day, just as Sango had predicted, it started to rain. Not hard at first, just enough to make a difference though. Kagome took a step outside. Slowly her clothing and hair was wettened by the rain. She started walking. Not far, but to no where in particular. She walked past Kaede. Her friends, and the other villages. She walked until she got to the Sacred God Tree.

Almost immediately her hand went to it. "Oh Inuyasha." She mumbled to herself in a sad voice. "Why'd you have to break me?" The rain did it's job by soaking her clothing until her skin was cold. Her thick black hair was still dampened, not quite so wet, but enough to do a difference. Her shoes were muddy and soaked. When she walked her feet squished with the water in her shoes. The tape that usually held her socks up on her legs had worn. One sock completely fell onto her ankle and the other was at her mid calf.

Before the tree, she stood. Her tears were hot and occasionally she choked on her breath, acting like she was fighting for hair. The rain soon was hard, and the harder the rain fell, the harder she cried. And for once, it felt good. Soon the rain hit so hard, that she only saw the tree. Nothing more, nothing less. All around her was grey. If she was heading home, she would have not been able to find the others.

Everything was grey except for the old God Tree in front of her. Her hand immediately reached out for it. Kagome's soft fingers traced the outlines of the grooves that Inuyasha had made when she had found him three years ago. Her eyes began to swell with the proof that she was crying.

"You know," a deep voice began, "I can still smell you crying. I may not see it, but I can smell it. I can feel it." Kagome froze in her tracks. The phrase, 'He caught me' echoed through her mind over and over again. "Please," he begged, "stop."

"How can you tell me?" She bitterly mummbled under her breath. "It was susposed to be us!" She turned around. Her eyes red and puffy. Hate for Kikyo and Hurt becaouse of Inuyasha was evident in her eyes. "Please stop." He once again begged her.

"No Inuyasha. We are over."

"Since when?" He yelled at her.

"Since we became three."

*Backflash*

"Inuyasha?" Kagome called out. There was no sign of him anywhere. "Inuyasha where are you?" Immediately she stpooed. Right in front of her, her lover and her pre-reincarnated self wrapped eachother in their arms and legs. Kikyo had him doing things that Kagome only dreamed of.

"No more." Was all Kagome said before she turned around and walked back to Kaede's village. "No more."

*End Backflash*