InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 50 Years Of Hatred ❯ The murder ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everyone! Thanks for the reviews keep them coming. (: Oh, sorry that my chapters are short, it's just that I don't get much time to type.

Chapter 5 The Murder

The forest

Inuyasha rushed to Kagome's side. Inuyasha saw in horror that Kagome's breathing was getting deeper and deeper and her eyes were only half way open. Once Kagome saw Inuyasha by her side she said "Inuyasha" in a really faint and weak voice. Inuyasha's eyes began to tear and he started to cry. He couldn't bare to see Kagome in this condition even if she was in Kikyo's (ugly) body.

"Kagome…" Inuyasha said gently wrapping his arms around her, stroking her hair, "I'll free you, I promise…" He let go and he saw a glint of hope in Kagome's eye. Inuyasha stood up with a slight breeze stirring his hair and getting into his eyes, making him brush it aside. He took one last look at Kagome in Kikyo's body, which was leaning against the tree, and he left, making sure he'd avenge her.

The hill

Inuyasha hurried out of the forest and headed back to that wench Kikyo, who was inside Kagome's body. When he arrived, he saw the familiar sight of Kagome, but he shook his head, and told himself that it was Kikyo not Kagome. Inuyasha ran to Kikyo and when he got there he saw that she was unconscious. She still had the scratch marks across her cheek from Inuyasha's claws. When Inuyasha approached closer, Kikyo suddenly awoke, making Inuyasha jump in anger because he was hoping that she was dead.

"Inu…yasha" Kikyo said weakly and evilly getting up, "you'll never see your dear Kagome again…" she started to laugh. Inuyasha had enough; he drew out his tetsusaiga from its sheath and started to wield it.

Inuyasha was beyond anger, "Damn you Kikyo" he said fiercely, full of anger and sadness from Kagome, "you killed Kagome, and for that I'll kill you!"

Kikyo stopped laughing, "you've seen Kagome? She really is dead?"

Inuyasha scowled and said in a really hateful voice, "YES I SAW KAGOME! SHES SUFFERING! And it's all because of you! DIE!" He held the tetsusaiga over his head in his hands ready to strike, and he ran up to Kikyo and sliced through her making her scream in pain. Inuyasha wondered why, because when he looked, he didn't see any blood, just a blue orb of light…

Inuyasha gasped. He had just realized what the orb was; it was Kikyo's spirit. Inuyasha dropped the tetsusaiga and watched in wonder as another orb of light came from the forest and went into Kagome's body, which she, once again jumped in pain as her spirit was returned to her. Kagome was back in her body and Kikyo's back with hers. Kagome stirred and woke up. She slowly sat up and blinked her eyes a few times. She looked up and saw Inuyasha looking down at her with shocked eyes.

"Kagome?" he whispered.

Kagome nodded. She still had the lingering pain from the poison. Inuyasha dropped to the ground and immediately embraced her. Kagome hugged him back. The sun was slowly coming up from behind the mountains, giving the hill they were on a golden glow. Another gust of wind blew through, making flowers and blades of grass dance. Inuyasha continued to hold Kagome and she let him, enjoying his warm body pressed against hers. Inuyasha finally drew back for what seemed like hours, "I thought you were dead…"

Kagome looked at Inuyasha with a sparkle in her eyes and said, "I'd never leave you."

Inuyasha was about to respond when he sensed a presence behind him. He turned and looked and saw Kikyo staggering toward them from the forest.

"Damn you Inuyasha…"she said through her pain, " I would never imagine you trying to kill me…I thought you loved me."

Inuyasha looked her straight in the eye and said in a triumphant voice, " I never loved you." With that, he picked up his tetsusaiga and ran to Kikyo and chopped her head while he screamed, "tetsusaiga." Kagome looked away in horror, although she was a little surprised that she felt a little glad that Inuyasha killed Kikyo. Now they could be alone forever. Inuyasha watched as Kikyo's head fell off her neck and landed on the ground with a thud, her blood staining the ground. Then suddenly Kikyo's clay body burst to pieces and fell to the ground in a pile of ash. Inuyasha stood up straighter and put the tetsusaiga back in its sheath. He then turned to Kagome who was still sitting on the ground in pain. He said, "we should return back to the village now." He walked up to her and picked her up in his arms, her head laying against Inuyasha's chest listening to the soothing sound of his heart beat. Inuyasha was about to start walking to the village when he remembered something he wanted to tell Kagome for a long time.

"Kagome…" he said tentatively, "I've always wanted to tell you…I love you more than anything in the world…I LOVE YOU KAGOME!" he gently pressed her closer to him as he spoke.

Kagome looked at him shocked and said, "I always knew. I love you too Inuyasha." Then she brought her lips to his, and she kissed him gently, once they withdrew Inuyasha continued to talk, but this time breathless, "Kagome" he started, "will you marry me?"

To be continued…

Please review!!

After the next chapter this story will continue into a different title called Passion. Coming to computers everywhere in September.