InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Hanyou Reborn, Kagome's Change of Heart ❯ Who's The Brat? ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
They had to close down the restaurant for a month or so, since Moshi was needed to stay home and watch over Sheridan while Sara took care of the newest addition to their family. Inuyasha didn’t mind since it meant he could spend his time helping Kagome’s mother with the shrine. He walked there everyday after Kagome went to work, and he’d sweep the steps and then man the shrine gift shop. It wasn’t all that exciting but at least he got outside, and ever so often Moshi would bring Sheridan over and they’d get to talk. The only problem was Mrs. Higurashi and her constant questions about the wedding. She’d rush up to him and ask him questions about what suit he wants, what color should the table clothes be and what gifts they should hand out at the reception. He didn’t understand half the babble so he’d just nodded or say random colors. It seemed to work.



“Are you sure you want a red tuxedo?” Mrs. Higurashi asked. Inuyasha sighed and glance up at her from his lunch of Ramen.



“Yes, why not? It’s my favorite color,” He told her. She nodded excepting this answer and then jotting something down in the notebook before her. She let her eyes roam over the list again, before she smiled.



“I know it’s Kagome’s choice, but what color wedding dress would you like for her?” She asked. Inuyasha wiped his mouth and thought about this. Black looked good on her, and blue, but so did red and pink… well actually Kagome looked good in everything.



“She looks good in every color. So I wouldn’t be able to choose,” He replied finally. Mrs. Higurashi smiled happily and reached across the pick up his empty bowl.



“I had a feeling you’d say that,” She said. Inuyasha looked at her a bit confused before shrugging his shoulders and getting up from his seat.



“I think I’ll go sweep the steps again. Thanks for lunch Mrs. Higurashi,” He told her.



“Please, call me Mom. It’s only right since soon you’ll be my son in law,” She told him with a small laugh. Inuyasha smiled at that.



“Thanks… Mom”.










Kagome cooed again at the small child bundled up in Sara’s arms. She had stopped by before she went to pick up Inuyasha, she just couldn’t resist the temptation to see the baby again. She was too adorable.



“Could I hold her, please Sara?” Kagome begged. Sara laughed and nodded handing over the small bundle. Kagome smiled happily taking her gently.



“I hope my children are this adorable. I’m almost excited to have one, but I’m scared too,” Kagome said with a sigh. The little girl in her arms looked up at her with deep azure eyes like her fathers, a small gurgle escaping her tiny frame. Kagome laughed, and reached up to tuck the blanket under her chin.



“You are a little young to be thinking about kids. But I can understand your excitement, but it’s a lot of hard work and half the time while your pregnant you swear you’ll never have kids again. But the end result is always worth it. You’re still young so you have plenty of time to think about kids,” Sara told her. Kagome nodded.



“I couldn’t imagine Inuyasha being a father. Though I have a feeling he’ll be really good at it. His childhood was bad, so I think he’ll try his hardest for his kid’s to have a better one then his,” Kagome sighed, as she took a seat beside Sara.



“That’s too bad for him. But that just means he’ll have a good sense of what his kids need from his experiences. I might have known him for only a short time but I can see he has a good heart”. Kagome laughed lightly and nodded.



“Yeah, under that gruff exterior in a little fluffy puppy who just wants to be loved,” She laughed. Sara chuckled as well, and shook her head.



“Well, that’s one way of looking at it,” She said. Kagome smiled at her, and they both laughed at Inuyasha’s expense.











“You’re obsessed,” Inuyasha grumbled. Kagome shifted her eyes to look up at him as her head rested against his shoulder, and laughed.



“I am not, I’m just telling you how cute she is. You have to agree, she’s too adorable,” Kagome scolded. Inuyasha smiled to himself, and then looked down at her with a somewhat conceded look.



“Our children will be much cuter,” He told her. Kagome blushed, and then sat up to smile at him.



“So you really want to have kids?” She asked. Inuyasha smiled at her.



“Of course. Just so long as they don’t end up being brats like Shippo,” He grumbled. Kagome laughed and shook her head.



“Shippo was not a brat, you two just didn’t get along because you were both to immature. I swear you were such a child,” She laughed. Inuyasha pouted at her and folded his arms across his chest, glaring off at the television.



“I was not. And even if I was it was always Shippo who started it”. Kagome snorted at this and rolled her eyes at him. She leaned back against his her head falling against his chest and she listened to the steady thrum of his heart. Inuyasha smiled happily and unraveled his arms wrapping one across her back and the other resting on the armrest.



“Whatever. You’re still all the more loveable,” She told him. Inuyasha chuckled lightly, pulling her a little bit closer.




“Yeah, you bet I am”.