InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Love That Was Meant To be! ❯ I Don't Care Anymore! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO.
 
 
Kagome and Inu Yasha were still hanging around at the palace.
 
For Princess Tsuyu and her Lord (her Husband), had offered them to stay for a big banquette
 
“There will be food, dances, and entertainment”! Said the Princess with excitement.
 
“And you two shall be our guests of honor”. Said the good Lord.
 
“Big deal”! Snorted Inu Yasha.
 
“We've already been close to being your victims, and you expect us too-“.
 
Kagome pushing him to the ground cut him off.
 
“What he's trying to say, is that we'd love to join you tonight”. She spoke.
 
“Come on Inu Yasha lets go get ready”. She left the room dragging him by his hair.
 
“WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA”! He barked back. “I WANTED TO GO LOOK FOR MORE JEWEL SHARDS”!
 
Kagome just scowled “Maybe some of us would rather have a decent meal for once”!
 
“Humph, well what if I make sure we don't go? Then what'll you do”?
 
Kagome just replied with “SIT BOY”.
 
And Inu Yasha landed face down in the dirt.
 
“Okay, I give up, we'll go”. He grunted `Why does this happen to me' he thought to himself.
 
“That's more like it”. Kagome smirked. But then someone called out her.
It was Princess Tsuyu running towards her with an invitation in her hand.
 
“Miss Kagome? Will you please do me this good term”? She asked handing out the invitation.
 
“Sure what is it”?
 
“See that Nobunaga receives one too, I'd really love it if he were to join us”?
Kagome's blood churned, she knew that Nobunaga would not like this one bit.
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile, poor Nobunaga was still sitting on the hill, with his head resting in his arms on his knees, bewailing his loss of the Princess.
 
`What am I going to do?' he thought. `I don't want to leave the Princess like this, but I also do not wish to stay with the person who so gratefully upset me, and broke my heart'
 
Nobunaga was so wrapped up in his thoughts, that he didn't notice Kagome walk up to him.
 
“Hey, Nobunaga?” She called snapping him out of his trance. He turned around.
 
“Lady Kagome”. He said, “What brings you here?”
 
Kagome shook as she handed him the invitation. He gripped it in his hands. And began to read the message.
 
Come one come all to the Banquet feast, hosted by our own Princess Tsuyu, and her Lord.
 
Nobunaga's eyes blazed with anger, and with one strong ounce of rage, he tore up the invitation, and turned Kagome away with fury.
 
Kagome knew this was going to happen, but she wondered how she was ever going to explain this to Princess Tsuyu.
 
After Kagome left, a heavy rain began to pour.
Nobunaga, not caring that he was cold and wet, stood up, and walked out into the dark stormy night.
 
`If lady Kagome is going to tell them that I refuse to attend the banquette, then Princess Tsuyu is bound to come looking me and encourage me to come. I cannot let her find me!' He thought to himself.
 
Feeling overwhelmed by his anger and pain, Nobunaga continued to walk away.
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile, at the palace, Kagome had returned soaking wet.
 
“Let me guess, he wouldn't take it?” Asked Inu Yasha.
 
Kagome nodded sadly.
 
“It figures, that crazy idiot!”
 
“SIT BOY”, Snarled Kagome, and Inu Yasha fell smack on the floor.
 
“Shame on you Inu Yasha! Nobunaga's dreams have been shattered and all you can do is insulting him!”
 
“What do you mean? He had his chance and he decided against it, it's his own fault!”
 
“Humph, big jerk!” Kagome Stomped off to her room.
 
But neither Kagome nor Inu Yasha knew that Princess Tsuyu had heard everything that was just said from around the other corner.
 
 
`Why would Nobunaga refuse my offer' she thought.
Princess Tsuyu lay awake in bed for half the night wondering about something.
 
`When Nobunaga and I were little children, we always came to each other and talked when something was really bothering us.
 
Nobunaga was always very kind to me. Yet I have not spoken to Nobunaga, nor have I seen him since he saved my Lord.' She thought to herself.
 
`Tomorrow, I shall go to him and find out what's wrong with him. Yes he needs the help only a friend can give to aid him in this struggle'.
 
Feeling confident, Princess Tsuyu gently drifted off to sleep.
 
* * *
 
The Storm had passed and the moon was full.
 
Nobunaga, Soaking wet and covered in mud was sitting in a cave behind a waterfall.
 
Here he knew the Princess would never suspect he'd be here.
 
He looked up at the flowing water, and saw the Princess' face.
 
He just growled and pitched a rock at the Image causing it to fade.
 
“I don't care if I die here alone!” He said to himself. “I never want to see or here Princess Tsuyu's name again!”
 
“Love has destroyed me for the first and last time!”
 
Nobunaga had given up. He decided to just stay this way until the day of his demise.
 
HE WAS THROUGH WITH PRINCESS TSUYU.