InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Instincts ❯ A Miko's Instincts Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Miko's Instincts Chapter 6
By Majicman
 
 
Disclaimer: No, I certainly do not own any of the characters in InuYasha. (Checks) Nope, still don't…darn it.
 
 
“What is wrong with you, InuYasha?”
 
By this time Kikyo had absorbed enough souls to be fully animated again. She closed the few feet that separated her from the hanyou, who remained hunkered down into a sort of squatting fetal position. The rocking had slowed a little, but his eyes were still unfocused and he actually looked as though he might cry.
 
Thinking this might be some new trick of Naraku's, Kikyo extended her spiritual energy. No, not Naraku. But what was this? That poor copy of her and her sister, Kaede, were headed their way.
 
Did Kagome have something to do with this? Kikyo frowned and concentrated again. Yes, there it was: a link between InuYasha and her reincarnation. And it was getting stronger as the girl approached!
 
“The gall of that girl!” she fumed. She reached out with her miko powers to probe the link. Closer, closer…closer…there!
 
There was a blinding flash of pink and Kikyo was thrown back. She found herself sitting against the tree again.
 
 
“What is it, child?” asked Kaede as she noticed Kagome wince and clutch both hands to her breast.
 
“I…I don't know. Something came between me and InuYasha,” replied Kagome. Suddenly her eyes hardened. “That bitch!”
 
“I presume ye are talking about my sister.”
 
 
Kikyo looked up at InuYasha, who was back to rocking furiously.
 
“InuYasha! What is this hold she has on you?” Kikyo turned her perception inward. Just as with the souls she absorbed, she had taken in some of the feelings between her InuYasha and that girl.
 
“Damned untrained miko energy,” she thought. Her own energy was controlled, disciplined. Her copy's energy was wild and untamed and only fully released under the influence of her passions.
 
Kikyo focused on the feelings Kagome had for InuYasha. And as she focused on them, they built within her. She found herself looking at InuYasha in a different way. Sure, she had “loved” him all those years ago. Once he had used the Shikon no Tama to make himself human, she would have had a perfectly acceptable husband to settle down with and lead a normal life. But now she felt something that was so strong she didn't know what to do with it.
 
Kikyo was horny.
 
 
“Come on, houshi,” Sango called back. “We have to get back to the village before InuYasha really hurts Kagome.”
 
“Of course, my dear Sango, but it is a long way by foot, and it is almost dark,” Miroku replied. “Our poor Shippo is asleep and I've been carrying him. We should stop.”
 
“But…”
 
“No buts, Sango.” A night with Sango, thought Miroku. Sure, Shippo was along, but he'd keep him up late, tell him some stories and send him to dream land. Then it would be just him and…
 
“Look! There's Kirara!”
 
“But, Sango! Doesn't Kirara deserve a good night's rest, too?”
 
 
Kagome and Kaede arrived at the clearing just as a glassy-eyed Kikyo stood over InuYasha, her hands on his shoulders. There was something different about the undead miko. Kagome watched in horror as Kikyo's hands moved up to InuYasha's ears and began to…
 
Something primal awoke in Kagome. No-o-o!”
 
 
Naraku smiled as he watched the scene unfold before him. One of his saimyoushou had spotted the confrontation between Kikyo and Kagome…and if one of them got rid of the other, either way he'd win. But why did InuYasha look incapacitated? Naraku decided to send one of his puppets. This might be an opportunity.
 
 
“Settle down, child. Let me handle this.” Kaede then turned to Kikyo. “Sister, why are ye doing this?”
 
Kikyo's eyes focused again as she looked at her sister. She frowned and pulled her hands back to her sides. “Truly, I do not know, sister.”
 
“Don't do it again!” snapped Kagome.
 
 
“Do you sense that, Sango? A tremendous surge of spiritual energy.”
 
“All I sense is your hand on my butt.”
 
<WHAP>
 
Shippo looked up from his position behind Miroku and shook his head. The idiot would never learn.
 
Sango sighed. Much as she felt like dropping Miroku on his head, she wanted him conscious. There, that was what she needed. She steered Kirara over a nearby pond and dropped the monk in. After a few moments, she swooped down, scooped up the spluttering monk and continued on their way.
 
“Hang on, Kagome,” she thought. “We're coming!”
 
 
Kaede looked pensive. “Kagome! I think I know what happened!”
 
Unfortunately, neither miko was listening. Instead, they were squaring off for a fight.
 
“Why is InuYasha like this? What did you do to him?”
 
“I didn't do anything to him…and I don't know why he's like this. What did you do to him?” Kagome didn't know what had come over her. All she knew was that InuYasha didn't look good and Kikyo must be to blame. “You should leave right now.”
 
“You'll excuse me if I don't, girl.”
 
Kagome stood with her hands on her hips. “Oh yeah?”
 
“InuYasha wants to be with me. Isn't that right, InuYasha?”
 
InuYasha cringed and burbled.
 
“Well, I think we should let InuYasha decide for himself!”
 
Kikyo glared at Kagome. “Fine!”
 
 
Naraku's puppet had made it to the edge of the clearing, but would not venture in…yet. It was a strange sight that Naraku saw through his puppet's eyes: InuYasha cringing in the center of the clearing, the two mikos glaring daggers at each other from opposite sides. The elder miko, Kaede, was muttering and shaking her head.
 
He would wait and observe.
 
 
“Look, Miroku! There they are!”
 
“I see, Sango.”
 
“Please land by Kaede, Kirara.”
 
The fire cat growled in assent, dropped his passengers off safely and then transformed into his smaller form.
 
 
“What is going on, Kaede-sama?” asked Miroku. Sango also looked to the elder miko.
 
“My dead sister and Kagome are about to compete for InuYasha.”
 
 
The two mikos had finally finished trying to stare each other down. And now that they were equidistant from InuYasha, the hanyou had managed to recover enough to stand. All he could do was look back and forth between the two girls.
 
“InuYasha,” began Kikyo. “Come to me. You have promised to avenge me and come with me to hell.”
 
InuYasha looked sadly at Kagome, but inched towards Kikyo.
 
“InuYasha,” called out Kagome. “I know I have promised not to interfere with your sorting out your own feelings for Kikyo, but you must know you don't have to do that.”
 
“You must uphold your honor, InuYasha,” declared Kikyo.
 
InuYasha whined again, but moved closer to Kikyo.
 
“Please come back to me, InuYasha,” pleaded Kagome. “Kikyo wanted you for what you were not while I want you for what you are. I love you as a hanyou, but I want you to know that I want what you want if what you want makes you happy.”
 
The hanyou looked confused and inched closer to Kikyo.
 
Kikyo could almost touch him. The proximity was having an effect on her. She found herself wanting InuYasha more…while InuYasha cringed more the closer he got to her.
 
Kagome was getting desperate. She got something out of her pack, which Sango and Miroku had thoughtfully brought back with them.
 
“Here, InuYasha! Ramen! Kagome whistled a few times and slapped the ground in front of her with her hands. “Come on, boy!”
 
InuYasha's head snapped back towards Kagome. Some of the brightness returned to his eyes. His tongue hung out. He danced on all fours, side to side, and began to sidle back in Kagome's direction.
 
Kikyo would have none of that.
 
She ran to InuYasha, grabbing his head and turning it towards her. “Oh, InuYasha. You don't want her. You want to come with me. A fire came into her eyes. “We will be eternal lovers in hell!”
 
This time, not only did InuYasha assume the fetal position, but he also fell over and rolled on the ground, shaking and muttering “Kagome” over and over.
 
“What have you done to him?” shouted Kikyo.
 
The two mikos rushed together, preparing to unleash their claws.
 
 
“Kaede-sama,” said Miroku, “it has been hard to say for sure till now, but I sense Naraku nearby.”
 
“I have felt it, too, monk,” Kaede returned.
 
Naraku's puppet stepped out of the treeline and walked up to InuYasha, who was still nearly catatonic.
 
“While you two foolish girls fight, I shall dispose of InuYasha once and for all.” The puppet leaned towards the helpless hanyou.
 
Unfortunately for Naraku, he had forgotten an ancient law that was old as time and would be in force for the rest of time: NEVER step between two girls fighting…especially if they're fighting over a boy.
 
In his castle, Naraku recoiled. “What was that?” he thought. He went back to seeing through his saimyoushou. There, between the two girls and next to InuYasha, were a few scraps of baboon pelt.
 
“Kagura!” he shouted.
 
Kagura rushed in.
 
“I want you to go…here…and come back with a full report of what happens!”
 
“Yes, Naraku,” answered Kagura as she set off at top speed.
 
 
Kagome and Kikyo were staring at each other again, breathing hard.
 
“Kikyo-sama,” Miroku called out. “Can't we solve this without a fight? As we have just witnessed, surely it would be better to turn this power against Naraku himself.”
 
Kikyo looked over towards Miroku. “That monk sure does look fine,” she thought. “No. Wait. Where did that come from?” The 300 pound geisha came to mind. Kikyo grimaced. Until she got those souls fully absorbed, this sort of thing always happened.
 
Before she knew it, she was standing next to the monk, eyeing him up and down.
 
Sango was glaring at Miroku. Kagome was staring at Miroku and Kikyo. Miroku was utterly confused.
 
Kagome started walking over towards the others when suddenly she felt InuYasha glom onto her. He had finally managed to stand and had drawn Kagome into a full body hug.
 
“Yes…Naraku,” said Kikyo. “Maybe you are right, monk. Maybe it would be better if we…combined…our forces.”
 
Kaede and Sango looked on in shock. While Kikyo was talking with Miroku, her hand was stroking the monk's backside.
 
Miroku was starting to feel really strange. First of all, this was Kikyo; second, he had just had a flashback to a certain 300 pound geisha he'd rather forget; and third, he wasn't sure he wanted to find out if Tetsusaiga had developed a “castration wave.” All in all, he felt like he was getting a case of the willies.
 
Fortunately for Miroku, it was precisely at that time that Kagura arrived high overhead, riding one of her feathers.
 
Kikyo noticed her before anyone else and she stepped back from the frightened monk. “Kagura,” she whispered.
 
The influence of the soul of the 300 pound geisha was subsumed, to be replaced by the spiritually-powerful lesbian's. Tapping Kagome's passion had been Kikyo's mistake. It had made her passionate. She would just have to hope that the effect would fade with time.
 
She called her Shinidama Chuu to her and they lifted her into the air. “I'm coming for you, my Kagura,” she cried.
 
Kaede, Kagome, Sango, Miroku and Shippo all looked up into the air, jaws dropping. Even InuYasha looked up for a moment and was surprised…but he was too busy pulling Kagome closer, trying to use her scent to block everything else out, and enjoying the effect it had on him…an effect he had been certain he would never enjoy again.
 
Kagome felt something hard pressing against the inside of her thigh. Was it part of InuYasha? She reached down. Yes, it was. She blushed furiously. “In…InuYasha? I think we need to talk.”
 
Right now the only thing he could say was “Kagome,” and he said it over and over as he held her even tighter.
 
Kagome felt her body responding and blushed even harder.
 
Kaede, Sango, Miroku and Shippo finally noticed what was happening between the miko and the hanyou.
 
“What are they doing?” asked Shippo.
 
The monk covered the kitsune's eyes. “We'll tell you when you're older.
 
“I think we should leave them alone now,” said Kaede.
 
“I think you're right,” answered Sango, as they all started walking back towards the village.
 
“Wait!” shouted Kagome. “You can't leave me like this!”
 
“Why not?” Sango called back. “We all know you want him!”
 
“But…!” Kagome watched as her friends disappeared into the forest.
 
Meanwhile, InuYasha's hands were disappearing where they had no business…
 
Kagome gasped.
 
Okay, maybe they did have business being there.
 
 
Kagura looked down. “Oh, my kami! It's that crazy priestess who followed me around for a week.”
 
The wind sorceress turned her feather around and swiftly headed back to Naraku's castle.
 
“I can't stand her,” thought Kagura. “She gives me the willies.