InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Reason for Living ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Four: A Girl in a kimono
 
 
Once out of the blasted water, Sesshomaru went into high speed, Sabrina holding tight onto him. He could hear the wind blasting past them, but she didn't care so much. He finally stopped in a good place. It was a small clearing surrounded by trees, with a bit of light shining on it through said trees. Sesshomaru put her down against a tree. Sabrina smiled, “Thank you, Sesshomaru-kun.”
“Hn.” Was all he said in response, probably in attempt to not let anything else out from his mind. Sabrina could sense this, but just smiled. She looked around then saw a group of fallen tree branches not a far ways away, scattered about, but not for along. Sabrina closed her eyes and her necklace started to glow again. The branches floated up and over to them, arranging themselves into a fire wood, without the fire. Sesshomaru watched carefully, his face impartial, but secretly amused and intrigued by this girls abilities. She opened her eyes, which now were a cloudy blue as she concentrated on firewood. Suddenly a fire burst from them. She blinked, her eyes back to normal and smiled, “There, that should do.”
“You're telekinetic? Then why didn't you just float out of that water/' Sesshomaru said, sounding only a bit angry, and more so confused.
“I can't use my powers on myself,” Sabrina said, “Plus this forest, whoever created it made it so I can't levitate or heal myself. So while yes, I can manipulate objects with my mind, I can't levitate myself. In any case,” she smiled sweetly at him, “Thank you for helping me, Sesshomaru.”
“I was only making sure you didn't catch a cold,” Sesshomaru said, “If you did, you'd be no use to me.”
Sabrina blinked then started to laugh. He glared at her, and said with a hiss, “Why are you laughing?!?!”
She just looked at him, now just smiling. He could feel her eyes digging into his soul. It sent chills down his spine, which was strange enough since this was Sesshomaru we're talking about.
“ Just that you're so silly sometimes. So serious most of the time, but silly others,” she said. She sneezed again, which broke the serious-like sense in the air. Sesshomaru sighed, “You caught a cold, didn't you?”
Sabrina shook her head, “No, just a bit too wet. Lets see,” she pulled her bag over onto her lap and looked into it,” I should have a change of clothes in here somewhere.” She dug through it for what seemed hours, before finding something, butt his something made Sabrina look annoyed,” No, not this. Then again,” she sighed, “ I don't have anything else to wear. Oh well.” She looked at Sesshomaru, “Can you please turn the other way so I can change?”
He got up and walked away, because 1)he didn't wish to see Sabrina naked( at least that's what he said, but you never know….), 2) Sabrina would probably KILL him if he did look, and 3) out of pure boredom. He wandered around, looking for any clues to where they were. None came to him. It just seemed to be an average forest, with an above average magical barrier and two unusual demons trapped inside.
Sabrina was done quickly and called him back. Sesshomaru walked back to the camp (me: I'm just calling it that because it kind of is one) and was definitely somewhat surprised by what he saw.
Sabrina was wearing a beautiful light blue kimono. It had silver crescent moons embroidered into it and was made of pure silk. On her it looked even more beautiful. She somehow had managed to get up to be standing, though she looked a bit uncomfortable with this. She almost fell again, but this time, she managed to maintain balance. She smiled, “I hate kimonos usually, too girly for my taste, but it's all I have for now.”
“Hn,” Sesshomaru said, sitting down next to the fire, “It just makes you look even more human than you usually do, Sabrina.” For some reason, hearing him say her name gave her chills., but she was use to things doing that. She nodded and limp/walked over to the fire. She sat down next to Sesshomaru, her legs folded over to one side. Sabrina sighed and then started to play with the fire. The glow it made her eyes seems even more alive, the fire that was always burning in them to flare up once more. While she may appear human, her eyes should her to be otherwise, bloodred or not. The fire of a true warrior burns in those eyes of hers, Sesshomaru thought, watching her in slight fascination.