InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Spark of Light in the Dark ❯ A Spark of Light in the Dark ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: InuYasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi and I make no $ from this story.
 
A Spark of Light in the Dark
 
 
At last, the Shikon Jewel was whole and in Naraku's possession. He was filled with triumph as it pulsed with dark, malevolent energy. Spreading his arms, long ebony mane whipping about him, Naraku exalted as the jewel brought on a massive transformation in the evil hanyou.
 
On the hills below, InuYasha with his stupid group of friends huddled and watched in horror and amazement as a giant, pulsing black ball, like a bloated spider, formed above them. Naraku could feel them, and gloated that they were bound to come to him, where he could crush them.
 
Curled naked around the jewel, like some loathsome fetus in the bowels of the monstrosity that was his new body, Naraku contemplated the jewel. It floated before him, but something was not right. A tiny glimmer of light….
 
`As long as my light remains in the jewel, you have not won Naraku.'
 
The evil hanyou grimaced in disgust and anger. Kikyo was dead! How dare she reach him through his prized possession! He would not stand for it!
 
`Remember also, the jewel was formed by Midoriko, and although the youkai may prevail, all is not lost as long as she is there.'
 
“Damn you Kikyo, and damn Midoriko too!” Naraku spat. “The jewel is mine, I control it, and neither of you can get in my way!”
 
Down below, Kagome stood at InuYashas side. They both still gazed up at what Naraku had become, silent and thoughtful.
 
“So this is the full power the dark jewel has given Naraku,” Kagome whispered. “What will we do now InuYasha, how can we destroy him and reclaim the jewel?”
 
“Keh, don't worry,” InuYasha said. “Kikyo is gone, but her influence on the jewel remains, I am sure of it.”
 
Solemnly Kagome nodded. In her minds eye, she saw that little speck of hope, like a glittering diamond. Kikyo's spark of light in the Shikon Jewel was her final gift in the battle against Naraku. They would make sure all she had done would not be in vain.