InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anyone can love ❯ Questionable ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. But I do own Tsuyara.*
 
Chapter 3
Questionable.
 
Tsuyara stayed with Sesshoumaru that night, somehow she was very grateful that he let her, but at the same time she wanted to leave, then again…she didn't. He said he would protect her, but she wasn't sure if she could take his word for it. She saw that there were others with him. A little human girl and a Toad Youkai were sleeping near the fire. Sesshoumaru said that they were his traveling companions as well as the dragon looking thing he called the Ah-Un. It sort of reassured her that he wouldn't harm her, though she wasn't sure why.
 
Sesshoumaru only pretended to sleep that night. His heart remained to beat hard, and it beat faster when ever he glanced at the Youkai girl, Tsuyara. She mentioned during the night that she was only 17 years old. That's really young for a Youkai, though he guessed he was young too. Her appearance intrigued him for some reason. Especially her hair, the white color with a golden gleam was the first thing that caught his eye. He wanted to touch and feel its silky texture again, but dared not. He now knew why she had looked at him with such fear that night. She was afraid that he was going to harm her like so many others have done before. Something inside him wanted desperately to show Tsuyara that he really wasn't like that. The truth was he never really felt for a woman before. Rin was the only one he really cared for and she's just a child, a father-daughter relationship almost. It felt like that sometimes anyways.
 
Morning rose, and the sky was dabbed in pinks and oranges. Rin was the first to wake. She saw the female Youkai and looked curiously at her. But before she could ask her lord Sesshoumaru, Jaken asked for her, but in a ruder tone then she would have used.
 
“Who is she? What is that Youkai doing here? Milord did you not see that there is…”
 
“Shut up Jaken” Sesshoumaru cut Jaken off dully. “She's coming with us.”
 
“I am?” Tsuyara said suddenly with more of a yelp then she may have intended. Sesshoumaru looked around at her.
 
“If you wish to, that is.” He paused, waiting for her to respond. She thought about his offer for a moment, she was unsure if she trusted him, but something inside her said that he could be trusted. Hoping she chose the right answer she obeyed her heart, and nodded.
 
“I guess.”
 
Sesshoumaru smiled softly, and ignoring Jakens sudden squawks of surprise and protest, he motioned for her to follow.
 
“Let's go.” He said to his companions.
 
As they traveled, Tsuyara kept her distance but walked closer to Sesshoumaru then she normally would, it was strange to her. She felt safe around him somehow.
 
Sesshoumaru wondered why he allowed her to come with him; he knew that he would never do something like that. Then again he allowed Rin to join him. There was something about Tsuyara that he couldn't quite grasp, he assumed that that's why he aloud her to come, so he can figure out what intrigues him so much.
 
As he thought to himself an unwelcome sent reached his nose. Inuyasha and his group were coming towards them. Sesshoumaru couldn't… no… wouldn't let his half brother know that Tsuyara was with him. He turned around to her.
 
“Someone's coming, you should hide.” He said quickly. Tsuyara nodded and leapt into a tree, Sesshoumaru waited for Inuyasha to come. Apparently Inuyasha hadn't realized that Sesshoumaru was there till just a few moments before he came into view. His companions close behind.
 
“Sesshoumaru! What are you doing here?” Inuyasha yelled. Sesshoumaru was ready to reply with his claws ready to cut flesh but…
 
“Sesshoumaru! I know these people, they're friends.” Tsuyara had jumped down from her tree and walked up to Kagome and Sango. Sesshoumaru froze, he felt his cheeks heat up slightly. Inuyasha looked at him then at Tsuyara, a confused and amused look on his face. This is what Sesshoumaru was afraid of.
 
“What… is she…” Inuyasha started to ask, he looked like he was contemplating something in his head while pointing at Sesshoumaru then at Tsuyara, then at Sesshoumaru again. “What's Tsuyara doing with you?” he finally asked.
 
“I…” he began but Tsuyara answered before he could and Sesshoumaru felt suddenly sick.
 
“He saved me yesterday and said I can come with him.” Tsuyara said. She knew nothing about the relationship Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru had with each other. Inuyasha saw Sesshoumarus face go slightly more pink then it was and a big grin stretched across his face.
 
“Do you know each other?” Tsuyara asked.
 
“They're half brothers, but they don't get along very well.” Kagome answered. Inuyasha was about to say something but Sesshoumaru took charge before he could.
 
“Tsuyara, we're going!” he said quickly and left through the trees, Tsuyara followed close behind after saying goodbye to Kagome and Sango.
 
“What was that about?” Miroku asked after words.
 
“There's now way!” Inuyasha howled
 
“'No way' what?” Sango asked.
 
“Didn't you see his face? The basterd was blushing!” Inuyasha said with a laugh. They all looked at each other and thought of the possibility.
 
Sesshoumaru walked faster then he intended. All of his companions tried to keep up with him, all of whom were confused, but none as much as Tsuyara was. Jaken and Rin at least knew about the two brothers' pasts together.
 
“So Inuyasha's your brother?” Tsuyara asked when she caught up with him.
 
Half brother” he said viciously. “He's a filthy half breed that brought my father to his demise.”
 
“He… what?” Tsuyara asked. She was surprised by this sudden violent mood.
 
“I despise him. I despise all Hanyous.” He hissed. Tsuyara stopped. Sesshoumaru noticed that she was no longer walking beside him. He turned around and saw that she was now behind the Ah-Un. “Are you alright?” he asked his voice once again cool and emotionless. Tsuyara nodded silently.
 
“I—I'm just tiered.” She said. `He probably hasn't sensed it either…' she thought.
 
“You could rid on An-Uns' back with Rin if you like.” Sesshoumaru offered. Tsuyara shook her head.
 
“No… no I'm fine.” She said quietly. Sesshoumaru nodded.
 
“If you wish.” He said, turning around to continue walking.
 
Tsuyara remained behind the Au-Un for the rest of the day. When they stopped near a small pond she distanced her self from Sesshoumaru and his companions. Sesshoumaru was puzzled by this, yesterday she sat closer to him the she was now.
 
“Is something bothering you?” he asked. She looked up at him a bit startled and shook her head. “You've been very quiet ever since we ran into Inuyasha.”
 
“It's nothing. I'm fine.” She said. “I'm just still uneasy about being around a guy.” She mumbled. Sesshoumaru nodded, showing her that he understood. Rin ran over to Tsuyara with a big smile.
 
“I'm a girl, come sit with me!” she said cheerfully. Tsuyara smiled back and nodded.
 
“Alright,”
 
Rin held onto Tsuyara's hand and lead her towards Sesshoumaru and Jaken.
 
“It looks like you found a friend Rin.” Sesshoumaru said looking over at the child. He glanced up at Tsuyara who was smiling vaguely, but she looked like her thoughts were elsewhere.
 
“Rin, why don't you go pick some wild flowers.” Sesshoumaru suggested.
 
“Ok!” she said.
 
“Jaken, you go with her.” he added, looking at the toad. As the two disappeared into the trees, Sesshoumaru turned to Tsuyara.
 
“If you want to leave, you can.” He said quietly.
 
“Do you want me to?” she asked not looking at him.
 
“No. You just seem… like you don't want to be here.” Sesshoumaru said, trying to look at her eye to eye. Tsuyara said nothing; instead she stood up and walked to the pond, looking at her reflection in its calm water.
 
“I want to stay…” she began. Sesshoumaru stood up, walking over to stand beside her.
 
“But you're not sure about me are you?” Sesshoumaru asked. She nodded. “It's understandable. You just met me. You don't know if I can be trusted or not. My being kind to you may all be a lie.” He said, she looked around at him, a hint of fear flashed across her eyes. “It's not,” He finished. Tsuyara smiled and looked back at the water.
 
“You must think I'm a coward.” She mumbled. “I can't defend my self, and I'm afraid of someone who saved me…”
 
Sesshoumaru put a hand on Tsuyara's shoulder, (he was surprised that she didn't flinch.) but before he could say anything, Rin and Jaken had returned. It made Tsuyara jump… she slipped into the water, bringing Sesshoumaru with her.
 
They resurfaced at the same time. Their faces were just an inch away from one another. For one long second, golden eyes stared into crimson… then Sesshoumaru regained movement in his legs and he leapt out of the water, his face bright red. Tsuyara soon stepped out of the water, she too was blushing.
 
“And… I scare over something like that.” She laughed nervously. Sesshoumaru gave a smirk in agreement as he ringed out his boa.
 
That night Sesshoumaru and Tsuyara sat across from each other, a bright fire between them. Tsuyara was teaching Rin how to tie the wild flowers she found earlier into little crowns and lays. As he watched her and Rin a random thought crossed his mind `she seems good with children.' He caught his words and shook his head. Jaken eyed him suspiciously.
 
“Milord, may I ask something?” the toad asked. Sesshoumaru looked at him with a slight glare; he had an idea of what the little imp was going to ask but answered anyways
 
“You may.” He nodded.
 
“I—I was wondering what your intentions are with this Youkai. Why did you allow her to join us?” Jaken asked carefully. Sesshoumaru didn't answer right away. He looked over at Tsuyara again, she had done the same; their eyes meet and a bashful smile crossed Tsuyara's face before she returned her gaze to the flowers in her hands. Sesshoumaru sighed.
 
“I'm not sure, Jaken.” He smiled vaguely, his soft gaze still on the Youkai in question. Jaken looked up at his master incredulously.
 
“You have never been unsure of something before milord… is something a matter? Do you like this Tsuyara for some reason?” the toad dared to ask. Sesshoumaru glanced at Jaken, his cheeks had gone a little red but he did not respond. Looking back at Tsuyara questions filled his mind. `Is that what this is? No… that's a human emotion this Sesshoumaru dose not like Tsuyara I just…' she looked so peaceful playing with Rin. Her smile was so peaceful…
 
“Milord?” Jaken persisted. Sesshoumaru shook his head at the toad with a faint smile and said nothing more.
 
The fire died out and Rin fell asleep in Tsuyara's arms soon after. Jaken had taken to sleep not long after his questionings with Sesshoumaru. Tsuyara stood up and sat by Sesshoumaru handing the sleeping girl to him.
 
“She's a sweet girl.” She told him quietly. “Why is it that she's with you?” she asked looking into Sesshoumarus eyes.
 
`The same reason you're here… to protect her…' Sesshoumaru instantly thought. But he didn't bring him self to tell her that… “She kept getting her self into trouble. I keep her out of trouble.” Sesshoumaru answered stubbornly. Tsuyara was silent for some time, looking into the fire, deep in thought.
 
“Why did you let me stay then?” she whispered gently. Sesshoumaru glanced at her quickly, a blush threatening to cross his face.
 
“You attract trouble too.” He said hastily, keeping his gaze anywhere but on her. Tsuyara made a soft but incredulous noise, but smiled sweetly.
 
“I think I'll be going to sleep now too.” She said looking at Jaken and Rin.
 
“Uh, sure,” Sesshoumaru mumbled. Tsuyara smiled at him once more before leaping into the tree above.
 
*hope you like, please review!*